Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

starkebn posted:

Yeah, fuckit - I wont give any feed back because that's obviously not what's wanted

Feedback's fine. Feedback that's entirely tit related just proves Snatch Duster right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

rydiafan posted:

Feedback's fine. Feedback that's entirely tit related just proves Snatch Duster right.

And God Bless Snatch Duster!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

rydiafan posted:

it's the only part of the costume that stood out as not perfect

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-greatest-cosplay-from-this-years-blizzcon-1788663620

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

it's the only part of the costume that stood out as not perfect

:captainpop:

All breasts, and women for that matter, are perfect. Why are you shaming her?!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

:captainpop:

All breasts, and women for that matter, are perfect. Why are you shaming her?!

I forgot this is a safe space

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

I forgot this is a safe space

it is, please remember next time before you trigger someone with your patriarchal posts.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

what the gently caress

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Bongo Bill posted:

what the gently caress

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

this thread is a big garbage fire.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
If only some posters could be locked inside when we burn the thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

RickVoid posted:

If only some posters could be locked inside when we burn the thread.

Ok name them and understand you are first on the list.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Snatch Duster posted:

All breasts, and women for that matter, are perfect.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Thanks for the compliments, guys! I still post in this garbage fire because I love cosplay and I like to share. I know what I'm getting myself into. More or less.

starkebn posted:

Yeah, fuckit - I wont give any feed back because that's obviously not what's wanted

Well here's the thing, I didn't really ask you for feedback and I don't agree with what you said. I did end up with *more* center cleavage than I intended but the cups fit me fine. Which I know better than you, because I've worn it. And your critique of my photog airbrushing my neck is, tbh, really just you talking about my neck because while he did airbrush me some, that's just what I look like. I'm a fluffy woman and I don't have a ton of neck definition. So basically your critique of my costume and photographer's skills really boiled down to a critique of my body in the costume, which I'm really not very interested in. I'm all about feedback, I have asked specifically for it before in this very thread! but yours wasn't really anything useful or constructive. Sorry you're salty about it!

Also I thought I'd broken a cosplay career milestone earlier today but now I'm getting Snatch Dustered. Dreams really do come true, every single day. :allears:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

McPantserton posted:

Thanks for the compliments, guys! I still post in this garbage fire because I love cosplay and I like to share. I know what I'm getting myself into. More or less.

Well here's the thing, I didn't really ask you for feedback and I don't agree with what you said. I did end up with *more* center cleavage than I intended but the cups fit me fine. Which I know better than you, because I've worn it. And your critique of my photog airbrushing my neck is, tbh, really just you talking about my neck because while he did airbrush me some, that's just what I look like. I'm a fluffy woman and I don't have a ton of neck definition. So basically your critique of my costume and photographer's skills really boiled down to a critique of my body in the costume, which I'm really not very interested in. I'm all about feedback, I have asked specifically for it before in this very thread! but yours wasn't really anything useful or constructive. Sorry you're salty about it!

Also I thought I'd broken a cosplay career milestone earlier today but now I'm getting Snatch Dustered. Dreams really do come true, every single day. :allears:

Okay, fine. If you don't want feedback I won't bother. It wasn't meant to be an attack but if you take it that way I apologise.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Threadshitpost.

Olive! has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Nov 8, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Please, keep playing the martyr and acting like 'your boobs and neck look weird' is some nuanced critique.

I try to bow out politely and you feel like you need to continue to white knight, gently caress you

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Well, sorry. I suppose that was an honest apology but it read as disingenuous to me, like saying 'I'm sorry you got mad at me'. I apologize.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Well, sorry. I suppose that was an honest apology but it read as disingenuous to me, like saying 'I'm sorry you got mad at me'. I apologize.

Okay, I'm happy to let it go, my communication skills are obviously letting me down at each oppurtunity

starkebn has a new favorite as of 04:18 on Nov 8, 2016

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Now let's take a moment to admire this Dark Souls cosplay made out of real steel and aluminum.

The guy's name is Epsilon888 or Edgar Mayoral, and last I saw he was working on the Dark armor set, also from Dark Souls. He streamed working on it some time back, but I don't know if he still does.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

for the record that's just a 70s rally Opel Kadett C GT/E

nice model too, kinda want it

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Moving on! More badass Blizzcon cosplay by Little Sparkz Cosplay

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Ok name them and understand you are first on the list.

Honestly?

Acceptable.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Now let's take a moment to admire this Dark Souls cosplay made out of real steel and aluminum.

The guy's name is Epsilon888 or Edgar Mayoral, and last I saw he was working on the Dark armor set, also from Dark Souls. He streamed working on it some time back, but I don't know if he still does.

I can't believe anyone would nitpick about McPantserson's cosplay boobs when this nightmare is happening.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Bongo Bill posted:

I can't believe anyone would nitpick about McPantserson's cosplay boobs when this nightmare is happening.

Hey! Don't bad mouth the hug armor! :mad:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Bongo Bill posted:

Bongo Bill posted:

Yeah man, those are arms.

Dark Souls posted:

Armor of Lautrec the Embraced,
representing the goddess Fina's love.

The goddess's arms wrap around it, as if to
embrace the wearer.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Absolutely love this genderbend Varian Wrynn by Oshley Cosplay, she won 2nd in the contest at Blizzcon

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

It kinda looks like he poked the girl in back in the eye with his armor.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

More like Assyland, amirite?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Christ shut the gently caress up and post more cosplay

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Vertvixen in a wicked 3d printed Lich Queen costume with smoking Frostmourne, so cool

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Wait, that's 3D printed? How does it get rid of the wafer look?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Polaron posted:

Hours upon hours upon hours of wetsanding and filling! Huge pain in the rear end for real

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Do you 3D print anything McPantserton? Do you see it changing cosplay much or just allowing for finer detail on some things?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Polaron posted:

There's 3D printers that don't have visible lines.

They're just crazy expensive and don't have a large print-bed.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

starkebn posted:

Do you 3D print anything McPantserton? Do you see it changing cosplay much or just allowing for finer detail on some things?

I don't! I really like to sculpt so even if it's not as detailed or mathematically precise I think 3d printing my stuff would remove a lot of what I enjoy about building.

It's definitely becoming an increasingly viable option for hobbyists and I think it has the split effect of producing very professional looking results, but I also think it can be a little... Sterile I guess? There's still a ton of skill and work involved, of course, but I like to see people's hand efforts too.

E. I should add though that something I like about the rise of hobbyist 3d printing is that there are lots of ways to approach a build. I'm more of an art based person, thus the hand sculpting and all, but things like 3d printing and pepakura make inroads for more engineery people to cosplay to their strengths. I like the variety of approach even if I'm not super interested in printing my own stuff.

McPantserton has a new favorite as of 06:11 on Nov 8, 2016

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I gotta say everything I'm seeing from Blizzcon is holy poo poo good. The community is really upping the overall game.

Sad to say I don't recognize as much as I used to.

Is that one gal wearing a shipwreck? Sea Giantess? And the gal in the gold and white outfit with the super cool light up effect... Human Priest?

Just so impressed.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Yeah, a few months ago I was remarking on how cosplay just gets better and better and that seems to be accelerating. There's going to be people walking around in actual armour soon enough, and robot suits.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
It'd be funny as hell if the first genuine suit of power armour ended up being built in someones garage so he/she could look like an anime at a convention somewhere.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I think the main issue with power armour is actually powering it for any length of time using batteries sadly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

freelop posted:

I think the main issue with power armour is actually powering it for any length of time using batteries sadly

There was this guy...

http://www.digitalafro.com/man-designs-builds-real-life-halo-suit-for-canadian-military/

(he went bankrupt)

starkebn posted:

Yeah, a few months ago I was remarking on how cosplay just gets better and better and that seems to be accelerating. There's going to be people walking around in actual armour soon enough, and robot suits.

As far as I know, Anthony Le was the first person to make some amazing Iron Man costumes with moving mask and elevators. He also did a War Machine. You can find his work pretty easily, and I'm fairly sure he made his costume plans public, or at least described how he made his armors so others could make them too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SLHU9CCe_Y

The Repo Man has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Nov 8, 2016

• Locked thread