Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grandmother of Five posted:

as much as those kids might need a reality check of some kind, i feel that their classmates is probably more appropriately suited for delivering those wake-up calls, than a herd of adult goons more than twice their age.

i like weird stories about crazy idiot on-line people, but adults making fun of kids is just weird and off-putting in itself

Sorry your grandchildren are a disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Abe getting owned by an idiot 14 year old was p lol

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

i like weird stories about crazy idiot on-line people, but adults making fun of kids is just weird and off-putting in itself

If a kid signs up to post here they should get the same kind of replies as anyone else would for being an idiot.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Abe getting owned by an idiot 14 year old was p lol

I've seen the twitter conversation with this, posted even in this thread, but I must've missed something, because I don't recall him getting 'owned'. He was insulting someone, and he comes off like a complete fuckhead, but what was the 14 year old's reply?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've seen the twitter conversation with this, posted even in this thread, but I must've missed something, because I don't recall him getting 'owned'. He was insulting someone, and he comes off like a complete fuckhead, but what was the 14 year old's reply?

He got extremely owned, in the sense that the little boy responded in a totally mature way while the "adults" were trying to rile him up, there were even death threats and doxxing attempts.

The kid just went like "You don't need to defend me, guys, this is just the Internet and there's no reason to lose your calm, these people are just too immature to know any better,"

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

He got extremely owned, in the sense that the little boy responded in a totally mature way while the "adults" were trying to rile him up, there were even death threats and doxxing attempts.

The kid just went like "You don't need to defend me, guys, this is just the Internet and there's no reason to lose your calm, these people are just too immature to know any better,"

Ah, ok. I thought it was some sort of sick burn that I missed. That's also a totally acceptable response. Good on that kid.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i only laugh at kids because i, too, was an idiot child on the internet not so long ago

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

every time people talk about that twitter thing with abe and the 14 year old is amazing because apparently their definition of being owned is taking this comic 100% unironically

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alaois posted:

every time people talk about that twitter thing with abe and the 14 year old is amazing because apparently their definition of being owned is taking this comic 100% unironically

Yeah, that kid was a literal Hitler for agreeing with a popular comedian.
Furthermore, that little poo poo had a photo of himself holding a cat. What a loving moron. I hope he dies, lmao. In fact, I am going to kill him and his cat. I'm not owned, by the way. I AM NOT OWNED!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the important thing is that you expressed yourself, i guess

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I actually liked Snatter. I thought it was cute.

GBS doesn't deserve snatter clause and wigggle he.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Nobody deserved that mess. And definitely not 8 years of it.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
"wiggle he" sounds kind of amusing out of context
i am hesitant to ask if there is a context because i'm sure the context is pretty stupid

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

I Said No posted:

"wiggle he" sounds kind of amusing out of context
i am hesitant to ask if there is a context because i'm sure the context is pretty stupid

the evil mecha santa is defeated by being shaken violently by real Santa. Christmas is saved.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm still 20 pages behind this thread but THANK YOU for this, lol, I'd totally forgotten about it.

Who was the goon who had replica movie cars, like a Ghostbusters Subaru wagon and a Jurassic Park Jeep (and had to mention them in nearly every post he made)? There was a classic "reversal of fortune" style saga about him lending his JP jeep for a con wherein the jeep got damaged, and he posted asking about how to get reimbursed and screw over the con organizers or something. At first goons were like "gently caress those con guys!" and doling out advice until some goons looked into it, and turns out he was the one that skimped on protecting the vehicle during the shipping process, and the whole thread turned on him. Tasty stuff.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm still 20 pages behind this thread but THANK YOU for this, lol, I'd totally forgotten about it.

Who was the goon who had replica movie cars, like a Ghostbusters Subaru wagon and a Jurassic Park Jeep (and had to mention them in nearly every post he made)? There was a classic "reversal of fortune" style saga about him lending his JP jeep for a con wherein the jeep got damaged, and he posted asking about how to get reimbursed and screw over the con organizers or something. At first goons were like "gently caress those con guys!" and doling out advice until some goons looked into it, and turns out he was the one that skimped on protecting the vehicle during the shipping process, and the whole thread turned on him. Tasty stuff.

Boomerjinks
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3314547&pagenumber=29#post397521437

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Congrats Blattdorf for his hilarious Toxx.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nckdictator posted:

Congrats Blattdorf for his hilarious Toxx.

Details?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

Details?

Check out the Steam thread. In short, since it was summarized for me, dude bet that Trump would win. He'd pay $60 worth of games to each goon who took the bet. Well, something like 16 goons took the bet, so now they all owe HIM (or her?) $60 in Steam games now. Some have taken the ban instead.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

RFC2324 posted:

Details?

Quoting the Schadenfreude thread.

Mierenneuker posted:

This is a very cyclical schadenfreude, because it's all going to bite us in the rear end at some point.

For now I will just laugh at the goons in the Steam thread in Games who took part in a Toxx there. Basically, a goon Toxxed himself to give away X amount of games if Trump didn't win, where the goons who took him on were forced to gift him games if Trump won. A lot of people interpreted it as silly giveaway with a political spin, an easy way to get themselves some free video games. Well...

Edit:
Here is the initial post.
A recent comment from a mod (also features the poster responding on top of that page).

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Check out the Steam thread. In short, since it was summarized for me, dude bet that Trump would win. He'd pay $60 worth of games to each goon who took the bet. Well, something like 16 goons took the bet, so now they all owe HIM (or her?) $60 in Steam games now. Some have taken the ban instead.

So one thing good came out of this election! :v:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lol people not honoring the toxx and only out 10 bux for the single ban.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

lol people not honoring the toxx and only out 10 bux for the single ban.

They should be perma'd or banned 6 times. That's some lame bullshit and that dude would have absolutely been held to his end if it had gone the other way or been perma'd.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Toxx's used to mean something around here. If a man had to gently caress a flask of raw meat then by god he drat well hosed it good.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Toxx's used to mean something around here. If a man had to gently caress a flask of raw meat then by god he drat well hosed it good.

Money ruins everything!

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

VendaGoat posted:

Money ruins everything!

Thanks Trump.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Charles Bukowski posted:

fruit hats were a slippery slope
who knew? mods knew

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Ladies and gentlemen, Lowtax is draining the swamp!

Lowtax posted:

Okay, gonna have to side with tradition and rules on this one, and unfortunately going to have to go over a moderator's head, which I absolutely do not ever like doing.

Toxx clause is a toxx clause and the people going into it knew exactly what they were doing and what would happen if they lost. Arbitrarily changing the punishment at the last minute further cement D&D as a leftist echo chamber and not actually a place where people of both sides can debate and discuss. I didn't vote for Trump and do not like Trump, but this whole thing really comes off as an arbitrary change to the rules for no reason but a political agenda. I will be enforcing the forum rules later.

The conservatards shall inherit DND. :boom:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DeusExMachinima posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Lowtax is draining the swamp!

The conservatards shall inherit DND. :boom:

A good decision. Toxx is a toxx. Can't just weak sauce it because they didn't think they'd have to stump up the tenbux.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Good. It's loving bullshit that so many idiots were super-eager to siphon $60 off someone and are now acting all bitchmade about it.

Alternatively anyone who doesn't want to pony up can eat a Perma instead of a regular band :hellyeah:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's actually awesome that Lowtax is doing that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Kelp Me! posted:

Good. It's loving bullshit that so many idiots were super-eager to siphon $60 off someone and are now acting all bitchmade about it.

Alternatively anyone who doesn't want to pony up can eat a Perma instead of a regular band :hellyeah:

Wrong toxx

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Rhyno posted:

That's actually awesome that Lowtax is doing that.

No it isn't.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

VanSandman posted:

No it isn't.

Why not?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

VanSandman posted:

No it isn't.

yes it is

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

VanSandman posted:

No it isn't.
actually it owns. a deal is a deal

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

If he's enforcing one set of election-related Toxx's there's every reason to think he's going to enforce all of the election-related Toxx's

VanSandman posted:

No it isn't.

yeah how dare Lowtax step in and make people follow through on their claims

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also it's pretty funny how the Steam Toxx almost instantly turned into a giant hugbox of "oh you poor optimistic soul, I'm sorry you lost a bet and now owe $60 in games to a Trump supporter, let me gift you all some games"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kelp Me! posted:

Also it's pretty funny how the Steam Toxx almost instantly turned into a giant hugbox of "oh you poor optimistic soul, I'm sorry you lost a bet and now owe $60 in games to a Trump supporter, let me gift you all some games"

Trumps already stimulating the economy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VanSandman posted:

No it isn't.

:qq: