Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Ligur posted:

But he's also an actually accomplished translator and esseist and highly intelligent

lol no he isn't any of these things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

tässä se on sitten ihan administraattorin omin sanoin:

He's not wrong.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Kunpa Hillary tappaisi loputkin moderaattorit

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Obfuscation posted:

hän kyllä odottaa sen verran kunnes hän pääsee valkoiseen taloon ennenkuin hän alkaa likvidoimaan hyödyllisiä idiootteja kun ne alkavat ulisemaan niistä vapaakauppasopimuksista

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Pakko se on myöntää, että Trumpin mahdollinen voitto vähän kuumottaa. Neuvonantajia on ties mistä Puten lähipiireistä ja jos alkaa kunnon veljeily itänaapurin kanssa niin aikamoinen käännehän siinä tulee jenkkien ulkopolitiikassa. Onhan siellä sittenkin vielä Saksa ja Ranska ja UK heristämässä sormea tuhmien tekojen hetkellä, mutta näissäkin voi tulla parin vuoden sisään valtaan aika yllättävää väkeä. Negatiivisella tavalla yllättävää.

Fabulous Knight fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 6, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fabulous Knight posted:

Pakko se on myöntää, että Trumpin mahdollinen voitto vähän kuumottaa. Neuvonantajia on ties mistä Puten lähipiireistä ja jos alkaa kunnon veljeily itänaapurin kanssa niin aikamoinen käännehän siinä tulee jenkkien ulkopolitiikassa. Onhan siellä sittenkin vielä Saksa ja Ranska ja UK heristämässä sormea tuhmien tekojen hetkellä, mutta näissäkin voi tulla parin vuoden sisään valtaan aika yllättävää väkeä. Negatiivisella tavalla yllättävää.

ei jenkit olisi meitä muutenkaan tulleet auttamaan koska me ei olla natossa

mikään ei muutu suomessa

e: ainoa ero on itkeekö punavihreä somekupla vai hommafoorumi

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Obfuscation posted:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Fabulous Knight posted:

Onhan siellä sittenkin vielä Saksa ja Ranska ja UK heristämässä sormea tuhmien tekojen hetkellä

I think you meant UK, France, China, India, Pakistan, Israel and maybe NK

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

So because of Someraivo, säätiö assembled again to decide if this cultural hero should get his funding. Then they decided that yes he should. At least Hesari got to write couple articles about the whole sordid story.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Perhaps if someone has publicshed 10+ times SoMe ragers should not be the first thing to determine his apuraha...

Sorry guyz.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

On one hand, his posting is kinda bad even by D&D standards. But on the other hand, kännipostaus is basically a civil right.

Tulin muuten just saunasta, tekee aika eetwarttia tuo, kyllä nyt uni maistuu.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Hillary on tunnettu sodanlietsoja, Trump todennäköisemmin vain sotkisi jenkkien sisäpolitiikkaa. Jotenkin tuntuu, että maailmalle Trump olisi kuitenkin se parempi pressa.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jotenkin tuntuu että kuolema tulee.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jotenkin tuntuu että kuolema tulee.

se tulee aina ennemmin tai myöhemmin, ainoa kysymys on miten vietit aikasi ennen sitä

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
IMO jokainen päivä pitäisi aloittaa Ei elämästä selviä hengissä -kuuntelulla

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

SnowblindFatal posted:

I prefer Eletään Vaan Vaikka Piruuttaan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

Same except My lovely horse.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Whoa cool, "Coco" Hubara (a white girl who tanned her skin and dyed her hair black, and changed her name) had this "No Whites Allowed" event to uhh, combat... racism.

Bringing in American college justice warrior tumblr stuff 1 on 1 to Finland sure makes sense awwww poo poo no it doesn't.

Ahahahaha.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
mitä vittua rodullistaminen tarkoittaa

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Ligur posted:

Whoa cool, "Coco" Hubara (a white girl who tanned her skin and dyed her hair black, and changed her name) had this "No Whites Allowed" event to uhh, combat... racism.

Bringing in American college justice warrior tumblr stuff 1 on 1 to Finland sure makes sense awwww poo poo no it doesn't.

Ahahahaha.

I think ultimately it's the thought that counts.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

mitä vittua rodullistaminen tarkoittaa

It's kinda of, like, though similar on the bizarre ranking, the same level with "cultural approriation" on being reasonable ie. not at all reasonable. I guess in the end it means simplistically that if you feel like a person who is purple, other people forced you to think you are purple and then act purple.

And then, naturally, it causes all sorts of harm to you and it's the fault of other (= white) people.

For example this Hubara chose to pick a new identity later in life as a "brown girl" and blames other people of forcing her down this path (which is the idea of "rodullistaminen"), even though she is checking in all of the benefits of this, obviously enjoys it, and even masquarades as some kind of a victim. The victim status brings herself lots of good things so why not? She got a big, huuuge grant (imagine the voice of Trump) from Kone for a new book even though she never published anything at all and all she does is recycle tumblr poo poo from USA that makes no sense in Finland.

After all, being a victim is one of the highest praises you can collect in the modern "liberal" Western world view.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

I approve this because I think that people who write million words about this should be encourages to separate themselves from the rest of us and eristäytyä omaan somekuplaansa.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Ligur posted:

For example this Hubara chose to pick a new identity later in life as a "brown girl" and blames other people of forcing her down this path (which is the idea of "rodullistaminen")

Is there a non-mvlehti/magneettimedia source for this? Surely, if true, there must be some non-right-wing discussion on feeling betrayed by this Hubara person. And yeah, i count sincere forum threads and the like.

Also, what rodullistaminen actually means is is seeing people through the assumed attributes of their race.

Suppose green people are assumed to be bad at math but good with people. Now suppose we have Mikko, a little green man who loves math and has always been sort of an introvert. However, for some reason, everybody he meets seems sort of wary of encouraging him to continue pursue his dream of becoming a mathematician, and ask whether he's ever thought about becoming a nurse. He has no idea why practically everyone who doesn't really know him personally thinks the same way, since he'd be a terrible nurse. This culminates in his future employer admitting they were wary of hiring him even though he had great qualifications, and ending it with "but you're terrific at math for a green person!"

Basically, there's nothing crazy or SJWy about acknowledging that racialization exists. Romanis, for example, are crazy racialized here in Finland. Even I personally would be skeptical if I met one who told me that they study hard and want to become an entrepreneur and get rich through honest work. No overt racism required.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

uncop posted:

Is there a non-mvlehti/magneettimedia source for this? Surely, if true, there must be some non-right-wing discussion on feeling betrayed by this Hubara person. And yeah, i count sincere forum threads and the like.

Also, what rodullistaminen actually means is is seeing people through the assumed attributes of their race.

Suppose green people are assumed to be bad at math but good with people. Now suppose we have Mikko, a little green man who loves math and has always been sort of an introvert. However, for some reason, everybody he meets seems sort of wary of encouraging him to continue pursue his dream of becoming a mathematician, and ask whether he's ever thought about becoming a nurse. He has no idea why practically everyone who doesn't really know him personally thinks the same way, since he'd be a terrible nurse. This culminates in his future employer admitting they were wary of hiring him even though he had great qualifications, and ending it with "but you're terrific at math for a green person!"

Basically, there's nothing crazy or SJWy about acknowledging that racialization exists. Romanis, for example, are crazy racialized here in Finland. Even I personally would be skeptical if I met one who told me that they study hard and want to become an entrepreneur and get rich through honest work. No overt racism required.

Oh hey now I understand what that meant, thank you :)

Joakim Brecht
Aug 20, 2013

Ligur posted:

It's kinda of, like, though similar on the bizarre ranking, the same level with "cultural approriation" on being reasonable ie. not at all reasonable. I guess in the end it means simplistically that if you feel like a person who is purple, other people forced you to think you are purple and then act purple.

And then, naturally, it causes all sorts of harm to you and it's the fault of other (= white) people.

For example this Hubara chose to pick a new identity later in life as a "brown girl" and blames other people of forcing her down this path (which is the idea of "rodullistaminen"), even though she is checking in all of the benefits of this, obviously enjoys it, and even masquarades as some kind of a victim. The victim status brings herself lots of good things so why not? She got a big, huuuge grant (imagine the voice of Trump) from Kone for a new book even though she never published anything at all and all she does is recycle tumblr poo poo from USA that makes no sense in Finland.

After all, being a victim is one of the highest praises you can collect in the modern "liberal" Western world view.
You've posted some scummy, delusional poo poo here, but this is by far the scummiest and most delusional.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

You write poo poo like this and then whine when people say that you might be just a bit racist and homma-minded? C'mon dude, look at yourself

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Long Play published a new piece, and this time it's about the future of True Finns - or more aptly, the party after Soini. We all know the party is divided between the spiritual inheritors of the late SMP party and the racist immigration critical "Nuivat", whose only political program revolves around foreigners. So it has been rumoured that Timo is getting a challenger from the "Nuiva" side in the summer party conference. Add to that speculation that Soini is planning to step down as chairman of the party in the near future and you have a chance the TF going even further the right. Timo certainly knows which side he prefers, even if he does it in an indirect way:

quote:

Timo saattaa sanoa ’Sain kansalaispalautetta torilla, että miksi ette sulje rajoja’, ja sitten sanoa, että ’miten ihmiset voi olla niin saatanan tyhmiä, että eihän se niin toimi’. Hän siis kritisoi tämmöistä kovaa maahanmuuttaja-asennetta edustajien kuullen. Tietysti se on suunnattu myös edustajille, eikä sitä tuollaisessa tilanteessa kukaan uskalla kyseenalaistaa.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

uncop posted:

Is there a non-mvlehti/magneettimedia source for this?

I'm not sure what "this" refers to, specifically, but it's fairly clear she's invented her racial identity as a "brown girl" wholesale

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Personally I just find the weird obsession that people in general and Ligur in particular has with some random lady to be a bit creepy.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Except she's not so random, given that she's publically accused various foundations and institutions of being racist specifically against her?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So has this lady specifically pissed in your cereals or why are you do bent out of shape about her?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Cerebral Bore posted:

So has this lady specifically pissed in your cereals or why are you do bent out of shape about her?

Can't you see? She's a feminist who is hellbent on ruining everything for men.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

Can't you see? She's a feminist who is hellbent on ruining everything for men.

Ah, makes sense.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

:shrug: I'm not bent out of shape, I just think she's a bit of a silly person?

Edit: When I'm denied a grant from a private foundation, I don't go around calling them Nazis on social media? Is calling people (other than Ligur) nazis a thing you do nowadays?

Again, this is stuff she herself has posted online!

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 8, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uncop posted:

This is weird because it's literally impossible to get rich in Finland through honest work.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Why I even noticed the whole Hubara character in the first place she keeps popping up on medias like YLE and, like I've said before, I'm interested/amused by the various double standards in use by all the hubaras and her ilk and the vast online support she has.

She has bizarre opinions about cultural approriation (read here), copied straight outta the oddball liberal safespace American "liberal" college culture, she "wants to be overweight" as some kind of a statement, she organizes events where white people are not welcome (just think of the shitstorm if someone did the opposite) and so on and nobody in the public sphere challenges her. (No wonder: they would probably be called racists or women haters or hitlers so why bother.)

uncop posted:

Sigh. Hubara is a jewish surname. Meet the family here: http://yle.fi/vintti/yle.fi/terveisiaperheesta/osa7.html Because YLE doesn't write about the fact the "Koko" used to be "Shirley" doesn't make it less ridiculous she has adopted the role of some sort of oppressed African or brown woman. She is actually from what I gather a well off jewish/christian family.

I'm sorry if her childhood wasn't easy. But honestly walking down the street in Helsinki and meeting her would not make anyone "rodullistaa" her, they would assume she is a woman with dark hair, not a brown person they must now oppress. The only way to get her really rodullistettu is herself making a huuuuge, biiiig (Trump voice again) issue about it and getting as much facetime for the effort. Your description of rodullistaminen was ok, but when someone rodullistaa her or his own rear end on purpose it sounds more like moral signaling and seeking to benefit from the event, no?

Joakim Brecht posted:

You've posted some scummy, delusional poo poo here, but this is by far the scummiest and most delusional.

Oh really? You could try explaining yourself. Feeling rodullistettu when nobody could tell from meeting you is silly in my opinion, why do you think that opinion delusional? Or do you think cultural appropriation is really a thing that matters?

She also did get a grant from Kone without publishing anything, and having no other credentials other than being presented, usually by YLE, as some kind of anti-racism/feminism totem or pet. Which is actually quite demeaning towards a person IMO...

edit:

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

You write poo poo like this and then whine when people say that you might be just a bit racist and homma-minded? C'mon dude, look at yourself

ALLAN, I'm aware of your burning need to make everything I post about me, after which you call me hitlernazi. But I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about the Hubara character and other poo poo. Sure it appears you get a kick out of replying to my posts with a one liner to the tune of "ur posts was wrong hahaha no wondar ur called hitlers" but as I know you think so, you know you think so, everyone else knows you think so, you could also consider just not replying at all. It's not that I mind, but I'm just not sure what the contribution is.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

She has bizarre opinions about cultural approriation (read here, copied straight out of the oddball liberal safespace American "liberal" college culture, she "wants to be overweight" as some kind of a statement, she organizes events where white people are not welcome (just think of the shitstorm if someone did the opposite) and nobody in the public sphere challenges her. (No wonder: they would probably be called racists or women haters or hitlers so why bother.)

I think it's more about nobody in the public sphere really caring about her enough to challenge her.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Nov 8, 2016

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So what I'm gathering from all this is that the ligurs of our fair country have found some random lady with opinions, and are now working themselves into a frenzy over some random lady daring to have opinions, like the thin-skinned little babbies they are. Does this about sum it up?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
No. Nobody is in a burning frenzy and ligurs in general mostly smirk at her when if if they even hear about the fake brown lady. I never imagined brining her up would end up with so many posts (apparently because people, luckily, don't really know that much about the whole act), but I originally posted about her (or rather her non-whites event) almost as an after thought because I found it interesting, amusing and perplexing for the following reason.

If, say, the most irrelevant, uknown, persuvaravaltuutettu with 18 votes from the smallest village of Itä-Suomi even hinted at organizing a race banning event on facebook (nevermind did it) most of the big medias would be on it like flies on poo poo, kaikkia kaikkialla vaadittaisiin irtisanoutumaan, there would be parades against Generic Evil, the vice-municipal-councillor or whatever would have have to leave the party and more than a few posters here would be linking the news and going "proof of HITLER!!!" while spraying spunk.

My problem and point of interest is, therefore, the hilarious double standards involved.

If someone still doesn't get it I don't mind actually even "non-whites" events or whatever. I would not go there anyway. I just think people who are ok with that, but at the same time claim to oppose racism and gloriously battle konservatiiviset populistiset patriarkaatin voimat and whine about persut and timo hännikäisen hevosen kyrpä and ligurs are dumb hypocrites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

into a frenzy

I think your English teacher may have led you astray