Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The Republican conservatives having to bow to Right Wing Media is really kind of a mix of sad and scary. There are a lot of Republicans in high positions who know that climate change is real, now that defunding planned parenthood is counter-productive if you're trying to reduce abortions, know that at some point you do actually have to tax people to have a functioning government, and that compromising with Democrats is actually an okay thing to do. But they can't follow these ideals because the media has basically put their voters into a mindset where facts simply do not matter. They're forced to work within the confines of a fictional world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Master Twig posted:

But they can't follow these ideals because the media has basically put their voters into a mindset where facts simply do not matter. They're forced to work within the confines of a fictional world.

You're flipping it around. The right wing media is just there to placate the base. They like that they have this pocket of voters that shows up at the polls consistently that are so easily baited by anti-gay, anti-semitic, and anti-abortion rhetoric.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/SaltMines2016/lists/saltmines2016

A 300+ pro Trump twitter feed I created so you can watch people lose their poo poo in real time.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
Wrong thread.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Let's Not Do This Again trending. Typical shitheads hijack as usual

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottInSC/status/795966660293300224

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottInSC/status/795973963004411904

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://twitter.com/SaltMines2016/lists/saltmines2016

A 300+ pro Trump twitter feed I created so you can watch people lose their poo poo in real time.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lellygal/status/795975931659571204
what?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 8, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ErIog posted:

You're flipping it around. The right wing media is just there to placate the base. They like that they have this pocket of voters that shows up at the polls consistently that are so easily baited by anti-gay, anti-semitic, and anti-abortion rhetoric.

I think it's a little of both. The politicians love having a base that shows up for them always and does believes whatever right wing media tells them to. It only really got so bad for them that they noticed when an organs rodeo clown and even more vicious lies cropped up and hijacked their loyal rubes with even less attachment to reality. Any who dared to tone it down were labeled super-liberal traitors, meaning that they now had the choose to attach themselves to a known failure or face the wrath of their own trained maniacs.

The Beast has still given them so much influence that they can browbeat most media into equating non-scandals with a man determined to show he is scum on every level and ignore their "reasonable" members vowing to break the country unless it gives them even more power so they are unlikely to learn from any of this.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Person went private on tweets

What did they say

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

CommieGIR posted:

Ted Nugent making an rear end of himself again by grabbing his balls and saying "Here's your Blue State"

Taking bets on him being a rapist.

The best part of that is he follows that with "...heh black AND blue"

So either he's got a ball stomping fetish or Ted has a severe case of cat scratch fever :rimshot:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Geostomp posted:

I think it's a little of both. The politicians love having a base that shows up for them always and does believes whatever right wing media tells them to. It only really got so bad for them that they noticed when an organs rodeo clown and even more vicious lies cropped up and hijacked their loyal rubes with even less attachment to reality. Any who dared to tone it down were labeled super-liberal traitors, meaning that they now had the choose to attach themselves to a known failure or face the wrath of their own trained maniacs.

The Beast has still given them so much influence that they can browbeat most media into equating non-scandals with a man determined to show he is scum on every level and ignore their "reasonable" members vowing to break the country unless it gives them even more power so they are unlikely to learn from any of this.

Well there is always the possibility that Trump refuses and they're all hands in outright treason. Apparently gun sales have gone up during this election, even though they've gone up every election season.:shepface:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Meanwhile, in Alt-Right Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbpdl/status/795834013890002944

Learn "Moral Philosophy" from a white nationalist

https://mobile.twitter.com/sbpdl/status/796015555815809024

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 8, 2016

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I know this isn't exactly the right place, but this is for everyone to share when the tears start flowing, courtesy of the goon-run "Bad Political Opinions" group on Facebook:

Me? I plan on doing a recreation of the guy drinking "Republican tears" in front of the tv when Obama was (re?)elected. Will share when it goes down. It's going to be glorious and I fully expect it to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, getting me defriended by the remaining dipshits I have on FB. :getin: I can't loving WAIT.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/sbpdl/status/796010265053687809

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

Comey's exhoneration has made Fox News completely give in. Special Report has gone from "HERE'S THE MOST AMAZING WIKILEAKSGHAZI FBI INDICTMENT COMING" to "well she's probably gonna win lets get drunk together" and its glorious.

Also reminder that Dan Rather was fired for not inspecting fonts properly while Bret Baier will not face any consequences at all for his indictment story.

And that's the difference between a real journalistic endeavor and totally biased hacks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It's a great metaphor, because tonight we'll get to metaphorically disembowel the alt-right movement.

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Uhm... do they remember how that movie actually ended?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Obama 2012 posted:

The Alt-Right is COUNTING on the Trump loss, if only to coast off of the white outrage and confirm their Underdog narrative

if Trump DOES win, then America is saved from those goddamn niggers

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

James O'Keefe followed a Church bus around Philly going to different voting stations.

#voterfraud it says

:ughh:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/796042780359401472

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Obama 2012 posted:

They'll die heroically and spur on the revolution that will finally allow the American South to break off into their own racist sovereign state?

edit:

The part of Robert the Bruce will be played by Donald Trump, who leads them into a meeting where they're captured and sent to Gitmo for torture.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
:lol:

found this on the twitter of this idiot
https://twitter.com/sassy_opinion/status/795104215756668928

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

My Face When posted:

James O'Keefe followed a Church bus around Philly going to different voting stations.

#voterfraud it says

Is it too much to hope this little shitstain gets t-boned?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

My Face When posted:

#voterfraud it says

Does he think that everyone who lives by each other goes to the same church because I totally thought that when I was like 7.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Wow. Just wow. Giving somebody a ride or arranging buses to take people to the polls is literally fraud, folks!

Just ignore that local Republican lawmakers have been deliberately making it harder to vote. Where I went to college the polling place this time around VERY MYSTERIOUSLY wasn't on campus this election. It would be a 90 minute walk for many students instead of something you can easily do between classes. So of course people are now giving rides or arranging car pools. The polling place also JUST MYSTERIOUSLY happens to be where the buses don't run.

...I wonder who would have done that and why.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it a mostly black church O'Keefe's following?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dabir posted:

Is it a mostly black church O'Keefe's following?

Do you really need to ask?

sports
Sep 1, 2012
voter bussing is historically a majority Black church thing.

but it's totally legal and in some ways encouraged, getting people to vote is super important, especially since the recent conservatives' pushes to restrict and disenfranchise voters

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

Comey's exhoneration has made Fox News completely give in. Special Report has gone from "HERE'S THE MOST AMAZING WIKILEAKSGHAZI FBI INDICTMENT COMING" to "well she's probably gonna win lets get drunk together" and its glorious.

Also reminder that Dan Rather was fired for not inspecting fonts properly while Bret Baier will not face any consequences at all for his indictment story.

On the other hand, one of those guys was an actual respected journalist.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
im almost completely finished reviewing all the email leaks and i still havent found any of their contents at all surprising. it's just politics being done.

actually some of Chelsea's emails are the best because she's often the canary when it comes to criticizing some of the most politically filthy things going on

but none of the emails contain anything damning of the Clinton campaign, i can't imagine what kind of poo poo would be unearthed in a trump campaign leak.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

sports posted:

im almost completely finished reviewing all the email leaks and i still havent found any of their contents at all surprising. it's just politics being done.

actually some of Chelsea's emails are the best because she's often the canary when it comes to criticizing some of the most politically filthy things going on

but none of the emails contain anything damning of the Clinton campaign, i can't imagine what kind of poo poo would be unearthed in a trump campaign leak.

That's just cause you're not reading it with the code that lets you know "pizza" actually means "raped and ritulistically sacrificed child"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I can't tell what Red Skull is arguing for here. Isn't he a Nazi supremacist? Doesn't he want the same white washed vision of the world he claims Cap wants too?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sports posted:

The RWM whipped people into a frenzy because 3 liberal activists were joking about rich conservatives converting to Catholicism.

The narrative was that the liberal elites are working do destroy the Catholic Church, when in reality it was just jokes you could find in a D&D thread literally any minute of any day of the year. There wasn't even anything particularly nasty or mean about the e-mail, but you can twist idiots into pretzels if they get to hate people they already think are evil.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
So what's Milo gonna do when it turns out he bathed in pork blood for nothing?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Probably bathe in more pork blood.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

If you've heard of him doing it, it wasn't for nothing.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Mister Macys posted:

I can't tell what Red Skull is arguing for here. Isn't he a Nazi supremacist? Doesn't he want the same white washed vision of the world he claims Cap wants too?

He's trying to tempt Captain America.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wouldn't it make more sense for Red to let Cap keep doing what he's doing, and not attract attention to himself then?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Wouldn't it make more sense for Red to let Cap keep doing what he's doing, and not attract attention to himself then?

Reading logic into superhero comics after a certain point is rarely a good idea

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I know, I couldn't help myself. :sigh:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Mister Macys posted:

That page is from the first story in the first volume of Uncanny Avengers, by Rick Remender and John Cassaday.

The Red Skull has acquired telepathic powers and is attempting to mind-control the United States into turning on itself, which is why the scene keeps shifting the way it does; he's trying to brainwash Cap into apathy and surrender.

(This sort of argument turned out to be a theme of Remender's work, and he'd go on to play with it in the cyberpunk story Tokyo Ghost.)

If the Twitter in question was hoping to make it sound like Skull was in the right here, he should probably be aware that he's empathizing with a character who is literally a genocidal Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mister Macys posted:

Yes, Red Skull is a literal Nazi. Right there he's basically gloating; the entire message is "You lost, brah. The nation you cared for so much is a decaying wreck."