Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Hammer forged is solidly second tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

Have you gotten that to work? I couldn't buy it and it didn't want my discs
No you need the discs... Or EA Access :argh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

finally got a saladins vigil but not a good roll :(

perfect balance/handlaid stock, coils/sling, replenish/battle runner

HardHead
Nov 4, 2009

Bouncer, Hey bouncer.
I'm not The Only one seeing The int38/dis172/str129 memory of felwinter that tyra has for sale, right?

HardHead fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 8, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

same here. also my festival of the lost broom still works. can i just leave it equipped and use it as long as i want?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Lol I was right the two radiant treasures I saved during Festival of the Lost now have the Bad Juju ornaments in its loot pool.

Got Arctic Survivalist and Silver Bullet though, so fuuuck.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Ularg posted:

Lol I was right the two radiant treasures I saved during Festival of the Lost now have the Bad Juju ornaments in its loot pool.

Got Arctic Survivalist and Silver Bullet though, so fuuuck.

Good luck getting Hoodoom, it's one of the absolute best ornaments yet. The spider webs all over it are hot. *gets my weekly free Treasure Box, gets Bureau of Aeronautics for the umpteenth time*

Don't think I'm ever getting Special Ops unless Xur sells it and seeing as I'm pretty sure there's at least two ornaments he's already sold more than once, Moonglow and Heart of Gold, I don't think I should hold my breath.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/px99Lnu.gifv

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whats the reward for the challenge modes?

The raid shits high light gear at you, is it just more high light gear?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

hitchensgoespop posted:

The raid shits high light gear at you, is it just more high light gear?

I think last week's bonus, besides the emblem, was an extra roll on Vosik's loot table. So yeah, basically one more high light item.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

enojy posted:

I think last week's bonus, besides the emblem, was an extra roll on Vosik's loot table. So yeah, basically one more high light item.

Most likely an exotic engram too.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
An emblem you say?

Cool, that's one thing less to do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If it's anything like last week you get a second drop for that encounter, an emblem, and a perfected ornament.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Extra shots at aksis' loot table is good for me because I still have no raid shaders :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do the challenge modes unlock the last two question marks in the RoI book?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

The last two question marks are beat the raid on hard and clear the siege engine on hard in under 6 minutes (which we did by accident on the first try so it's not a big deal).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

No they've been unlocked since hard mode released

Haha look at this guy who doesn't have 100% book already! Look everybody!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Reminder that a patch is dropping today so you might want to delay weekly activities in case it affects them.

FishBulb posted:

No they've been unlocked since hard mode released

Haha look at this guy who doesn't have 100% book already! Look everybody!

All I need is Outbreak Prime and 4 more trials passages :saddowns:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

haveblue posted:

The last two question marks are beat the raid on hard and clear the siege engine on hard in under 6 minutes (which we did by accident on the first try so it's not a big deal).

Someone posted that the timer on the Hate Plow is the same as the 6 minute timer for the book, so if you can beat it on hard, you get it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah that one is real dumb and easy

But it does make it so you can see your best time on the thing which is kind of fun going forward. We're at 5:00:03 which is just like man really :03?! Come on.

The entry for getting a 1.0 k/d also keeps going up so you can track that in game which is kind of nice.

More stuff like that going forward I think would be a fun addition.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

Oh oops I didn't even check if I had them done, I just remembered they were still question marks after normal raid and I never checked again. :angel:

Looks like I only have the grindy bubbles left, like boss kills and the trials one.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Three The Woundeds, all in a row from Lakshmi. Roast 'em:

1) Full Auto/Extended Mag, Unflinching/Hammer Forged, Firefly
2) Full Auto/Explosive rounds, Outlaw/Smallbore, and Crowd control
3) High Caliber rounds/Snapshot, Smallbore/Triple Tap, Hidden Hand

I'm polling highest with #1, but I may be sucking at meta or something idk

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Extra shots at aksis' loot table is good for me because I still have no raid shaders :(

Raid Helmets Don't Exist

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Both raid helmets exist and they're in my inventory :smugdog: Just need the heroic class item and ship now...

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah it's class items that don't exist.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have class items and helmets and chests, but no boots or gloves.

But I've also only done the raid twice so I don't have much to complain about.

(but I'll complain anyways)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It is ugly, but shaders are the game's pokemon. If you don't get them all you a scrub and the raid shaders always seem to be the loudest and most hilarious options.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

xzzy posted:

It is ugly, but shaders are the game's pokemon. If you don't get them all you a scrub and the raid shaders always seem to be the loudest and most hilarious options.

tea bagging with the hm raid shader can give people epilepsy

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

So are there any decent resources for map- or gamemode-specific strategies? I rarely play 6s with a premade (typically either solo or with one or two people max) unless its Iron Banner and during Iron Banner I don't think we win nearly as often as we should, especially since 6-man teams typically get matched up against other pre-mades that seem to have better strategies.

I mean we're mostly average players but I feel like yelling at people for lone wolfing too much isn't all that helpful.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Don't triple cap.

You've won Control.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't chase people into their last point even if you have super to spare IT AIN'T WORTH IT

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

haveblue posted:

Both raid helmets exist and they're in my inventory :smugdog: Just need the heroic class item and ship now...

FishBulb posted:

Yeah it's class items that don't exist.

xzzy posted:

I have class items and helmets and chests, but no boots or gloves.

But I've also only done the raid twice so I don't have much to complain about.

(but I'll complain anyways)

cvnvcnv posted:

The raid gear is ugly, the raid shaders are ugly, the raid ornaments are dinky af, the raid ship is perhaps good going idk.

MODS???

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Menstrual Show posted:

I mean we're mostly average players but I feel like yelling at people for lone wolfing too much isn't all that helpful.

Actually, repeatedly telling your teammates to stick together is the teir-est strat and is proven to boost win/loss ratio. Maybe you're not telling your team to stick together enough?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you solo drop, focus on holding B. If you get pushed out of B and have no chance to retake it, go for C (even if you don't get it it's a distraction). That should work on almost every map and the rest of the game should sort itself out.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Nov 8, 2016

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

It's the emblem and an ornament for the hard mode gear.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

Actually, repeatedly telling your teammates to stick together is the teir-est strat and is proven to boost win/loss ratio. Maybe you're not telling your team to stick together enough?

I'm too busy yelling RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP after every kill to remember and I also have to make sure I play the beginning of "a milli" while we zone in on my mic so you're probably right, I need to ensure I'm prioritizing my comms.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Menstrual Show posted:

I'm too busy yelling RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP after every kill to remember and I also have to make sure I play the beginning of "a milli" while we zone in on my mic so you're probably right, I need to ensure I'm prioritizing my comms.

Hmm those are equally viable tactics... I dunno man.

Playing with 4-5 bros is the real sweet spot. Having 1-2 pubs gives a better chance of putting a broken team on the other side, but that could be bullshit as well.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Tips for IB Control

1) Don't solo queue if you're looking for wins.
2) Don't triple cap.
3) Some maps its better to avoid B. I prefer A/C caps on:
- Vertigo
- Last Exit
- Skyline
- Floating Gardens
4) Call out your orb drops. Super chains win games.
5) Unless your build is gimmicky or hyper specific just run Skorri's.
6) Watch your ammo timers on special and heavy. Call out the timers. "30 to green/special". Give your team time to break off or push depending on what boxes are being pulled.
- Special spawns are free kill buffets. Edit: Deny special whenever possible. Play aggressive to control it. OHK = Destiny. Removing their ability to OHK wins you the game.
- If one of your squad has a good super its worth the sacrifice to try and gently caress up their heavy pull.
7) If your squad is struggling to hold a regular two points don't kill feed trying to change the situation. Spawn flip and shake things up.
8) Yes the meta has shifted to shotty but Control still brings out the die hard snipers. Mind your lanes.
9) Callouts are important but they have to be useful. "Shock at B and coming to spawn" is a useful piece of information. "Mother fucker bullshit shot I'm dead" is not useful.
10) Teabag and emote every single kill. It puts people on edge. They start playing lovely to get you back. Builds team moral / fun having and builds that momentum.
- Bag your bros too. I mean what the poo poo why did you die to that scrub? taste my balls and play better.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Tips for IB Control

1) Don't solo queue if you're looking for wins.
2) Don't triple cap.
3) Some maps its better to avoid B. I prefer A/C caps on:
- Vertigo
- Last Exit
- Skyline
- Floating Gardens
4) Call out your orb drops. Super chains win games.
5) Unless your build is gimmicky or hyper specific just run Skorri's.
6) Watch your ammo timers on special and heavy. Call out the timers. "30 to green/special". Give your team time to break off or push depending on what boxes are being pulled.
- Special spawns are free kill buffets. Edit: Deny special whenever possible. Play aggressive to control it. OHK = Destiny. Removing their ability to OHK wins you the game.
- If one of your squad has a good super its worth the sacrifice to try and gently caress up their heavy pull.
7) If your squad is struggling to hold a regular two points don't kill feed trying to change the situation. Spawn flip and shake things up.
8) Yes the meta has shifted to shotty but Control still brings out the die hard snipers. Mind your lanes.
9) Callouts are important but they have to be useful. "Shock at B and coming to spawn" is a useful piece of information. "Mother fucker bullshit shot I'm dead" is not useful.

awesome, these are great.

I feel like a lot of people mention the A/C thing on Vertigo - I've honestly never seen it work, though. 4 is especially a great tip that I don't do enough.

• Locked thread