Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crush Boss
Nov 25, 2010

Don't let children breath your smoke
Backers feeding on backers, glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Ihao
Aug 20, 2016

Thats Professor Elemental, my dear Watson

Chalks posted:

Imagine this iconic image from a successful scifi was ripped off in another game - this will be every scene in SC.

Hear ye. Hear ye. Frank Herbert would agreed.

Oh. And good luck today Americans. Will be following the elections closely.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

you can do a bunch of side missions that range from stealth murder to ground murder to space flying murder

its a lot more open than any previous CoD

in no way can you be a space janitor though, keep that in mind

I'm pretty sure the Space Quest series has that space janitor experience on lockdown, though

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's an interview with Ben Lesnick from two weeks ago (I guess he does still work for CIG).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzNkuE_VsU

Ben talks about how Chris wanted to set up the offices like an actual star ship?!?! He says they have their own commissary? Holy crap. No wonder they have that dumb door and even dumber furniture.

BEN, STOP DRINKING LIQUID SUGAR SYRUP!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bofast posted:

I'm pretty sure the Space Quest series has that space janitor experience on lockdown, though

It had the space janitor experience in a lockdown — slightly different. Viscera Clean-up Detail is probably more what you're looking for.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

spacetoaster posted:

Ben talks about how Chris wanted to set up the offices like an actual star ship?!?! He says they have their own commissary? Holy crap. No wonder they have that dumb door and even dumber furniture.

They've been acting like the greatest, hot-poo poo development house since the beginning, with the crazy office and their own yearly con.

THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING YET TO EARN SOME SORT OF "STATUS". I bet Blizzard and Rockstar keep that poo poo in the lobby.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Lazrin posted:

i'm not here to argue.

I think you need to ask a Jedi to see if that's really true...

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Crush Boss posted:

Backers feeding on backers, glorious.

Star Shitizen: It's Brown On Brown

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

starkebn posted:

THEY HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING YET TO EARN SOME SORT OF "STATUS". I bet Blizzard and Rockstar keep that poo poo in the lobby.

My buddy works for Blizzard and I get to go hang out in their offices when I go visit him. They have a fair bit of stuff in the lobby, but also everywhere else.

You get game swag for years of service (swords, crowns, etc). Which all look very cool.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I voted. gently caress Trump.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Things CIG does well.

Sell ships.

Things they do badly.

Anything to do with game development.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

This is good stuff

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Here's an interview with Ben Lesnick from two weeks ago (I guess he does still work for CIG).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPzNkuE_VsU

BEN, STOP DRINKING LIQUID SUGAR SYRUP!

Saturn has rings

Ben has rings too

such massive matters

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wonder what the US SC backer/Trump voter venn diagram looks like.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Blunderstorm posted:

I can feel the sexual desperation in lazrins posts

Seems like Lazrin would have a better shot at getting laid than Clifford aka Miku.

But I'm not sure what their story is; and I don't want to know!

Maybe they have YouTube/Twitter get togethers with giant nerd rage orgies as they all take selfies while trying to simultaneously stream themselves ploughing each other.

My vision for the day. Also probably looks like and sounds like opening a grilled cheese sandwich. You're welcome.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Reality has a goon bias

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/354814/weyland-20-16

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Oh dear. I think I found it kind of. The comparable game:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SunDog:_Frozen_Legacy

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Your ballots have that option?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is it ok if I don't. He seems pretty gross.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Whoa whoa.

Is he channeling Chris Roberts-Vision?

Who could ever think up these original ideas! Dude needs a job at CIG pronto!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Whoa whoa.

Is he channeling Chris Roberts-Vision?

Who could ever think up these original ideas! Dude needs a job at CIG pronto!

Grand Wizard Chris Roberts: "STEP AWAY FROM THE IDEAS WELL, YOU ARENT READY, YOU'RE JUST A CONCEPT ACOLYTE!!!"

Lethality: "I can do it! I'm doing it! I'm--"

Lethality explodes into glitter.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

a cyberpunk goose posted:

Grand Wizard Chris Roberts: "STEP AWAY FROM THE IDEAS WELL, YOU ARENT READY, YOU'RE JUST A CONCEPT ACOLYTE!!!"

Chris NO THE CONCEPT IS OVERLOADING

*Lethality creates the greatest game of all time* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXgZGZMaUks

Chris Poor fuckingbastard, he could have gotten millions in jpegs with those ideas. What a waste

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3pbAb5qylY&t=37s

:laffo: at that first explosion

spacetoaster posted:

Robert Space wants to live in space. Duh. But is RSI a functional entity, or just a shell corporation of CIG? Is it something that produces anything or is it just something in the lore of Space Rome?

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Get this guys, the good guys are space rome and the bad guys are not the vandals but the vanduul

And lol Rome, noted good guys of history. Is the future in SC supposed to be dystopian for humans or is the UEE sincere? It's not a wry commentary on how we're the 'aliens' to someone else? (I think I know the answer)

I think I speak for everyone when I say, where are they pushing it? What are they breathing? So many errors (possibly intentional on behalf of the filmmaker???)!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wiz posted:

I wonder what the US SC backer/Trump voter venn diagram looks like.

Can you draw a circle?

Hamburger Test posted:

Your ballots have that option?

I live in Maryland so it's the only one.

Tippis posted:

Is it ok if I don't. He seems pretty gross.

I'd rather do it to him than have him do it to me.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can you draw a circle?

:laffo:

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

How many calories do you think Ben eats per day? Because I started using MyFitnessPal to lose a lb a week and it's really eyeopening.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Pre order implies you've bought a product.

YOU HAVEN'T YOU IDIOTS IT'S A PLEDGE !!!!! YOU CAN'T TAKE BACK BECAUSE THERE'S NO PRODUCT!!!! YOU NEVER BOUGHT A PRODUCT!!! ESPECIALLY NOT ONE THAT WAS ON SALE!!!! QUANTIFIABLE IN STOCK NUMBERS!!! WITH A GOODS AND SERVICES TAX ON IT!!!!

IT'S A PLEDGE

it's a pledge

it's a pledge!!

~becomes a hornet with lti~

What if the product all along was this thread. Makes you think.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

a cyberpunk goose posted:

This was simple but made me :lol: :3:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I live in Maryland so it's the only one.
I live across the pond and have no idea what that means -

quote:

I'll accept this answer though; meanwhile celebrating I don't have to make that choice.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hamburger Test posted:

I live across the pond and have no idea what that means -

The last time Maryland voted for a Republican candidate was 1988. They're so solidly blue (voting for a Democrat) that neither campaign bothers to sell advertisements or make stops.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

:trumppop: :yarg:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is a fair point, but wouldn't it be easier and… well… just generally more pleasant for everyone involved to just tie him up and leave him in a shed somewhere if you're in a position to do that?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I hate to go all thread sheriff but SA has a whole subforum dedicated to the elections

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/354672/has-days-playing-sc-dropped

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tippis posted:

This is a fair point, but wouldn't it be easier and… well… just generally more pleasant for everyone involved to just tie him up and leave him in a shed somewhere if you're in a position to do that?

I would just like the Secret Service to know that I do not condone the kidnapping, imprisonment, and abandonment of a Presidential candidate.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I just wrote in for chris roberts as president

he's already using tax payers disposable income via disability checks and I feel a roberts presidency is the only way he can secure the billions in funding needed to finish the game

4 more years

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I hate to go all thread sheriff but SA has a whole subforum dedicated to the elections

Yes, but that subforum is a cesspool of infighting and shitposting about something that is more representative of an egregious waste of money than anything meaningful.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

The best thing about today is that trump's truly repulsive visage won't be nearly as common in the news after today... Now if they'd only stop showing pictures of McConnell so often...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I think you'll find that they're not trying to pass anything off as gameplay, as evidenced by the "representative of" bit.

Yes, I can see that too, a disclaimer on *screen*, where everyone can see. It's like they know absolutely nothing about game development.

Now, if we check back, we'll see similar disclaimers on the CiG videos as responsible disclosure. Along with the notices of expected delivery times for the items being ordered, yes?

Yes?

Yes?

• Locked thread