Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

:allears: Can we fast forward two years so I can just watch Embiid put up 28/12/3 every night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Does anybody know any good podcasts that do recaps of the games the way the starters used to do?

I listen to a few and they all do interviews and talk about big stories around the league but I sometimes have a hard time just keeping up with game results.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Also I just looked at James Harden's stats for the year and holy poo poo :lol:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ragle posted:

If GSW are suffering greatly from not having Bogut/Ezeli doesn't that suggest praise for Draymond's versatility to play the 5 (and thus his value as a player generally) is overstated? Draymond at center with Zaza as primary backup shouldn't be such a weakness if Draymond is so good.

Draymond playing extended minutes at center went really, really well for the Warriors in games 6 and 7!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rod Strickland is still the best Washington pg ever

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Al Horford got a concussion because he was spotted in a luxury car in one of Boston's many whites only neighborhoods and viciously attacked

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Al Horford got a concussion because he was spotted in a luxury car in one of Boston's many whites only neighborhoods and viciously attacked

This could be true.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

He wouldn't cough up eyebrow sculpting and lip gloss tips so it's mostly his fault, the boys just want to look good

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Horford swept up by the Beantown Broom Squad

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

euphronius posted:

Truth!

Also, keep it up, James Harden. Maybe you can crack 3rd team All NBA this year!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Actually, Marky Mark jumped him in a racially charged hate crime.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor/status/795824228524298240

New coach, 7 games into the season. All Star break can't come soon enough.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jack's Flow posted:

Don't worry you got the Sixers home and home next

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jack's Flow posted:

Larry Bird, ultimate chemist and secret knower

LarksTongues
Mar 31, 2011

euphronius posted:

I was just about to say the same thing. Rod was fire.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hahah http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17998828

I love you Phil

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

LarksTongues posted:

I was just about to say the same thing. Rod was fire.

Black Jesus played for the Baltimore Bullets for 4-5 years.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

That's one degree away from an onion headline

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

That's one degree away from an onion headline

Yeah I felt slightly bad for not posting about the content but I thought the headline would be a good surprise

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Poor Jeff Hornacek.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Phil is going to go down as one of the worst executives in history.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
hey phil

SHUT THE gently caress UP

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

God drat it :sigh:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Kemba Walker is scoring 27 points per 36 on 49% shooting and 49% from three and there's no reason to think he can't keep that up

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/795784933222600705

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Phil should be more concerned about the defense.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

morestuff posted:

Kemba Walker is scoring 27 points per 36 on 49% shooting and 49% from three and there's no reason to think he can't keep that up

it's 100% sustainable in my heart

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boosh! posted:

Phil should be more concerned about the defense.

They practice against the triangle, Phil is fine with the defense

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Kemba Walker is another guy I always think is way older than he is like Mo Speights except in this case it's because Kemba Walker is definitely the name of someone in their 30s.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Knicks have a real coach for the first time in forever and here comes Phil to ruin it all :suicide:

at least it's not Dolan and his fedora

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

leftist heap posted:

Kemba Walker is another guy I always think is way older than he is like Mo Speights except in this case it's because Kemba Walker is definitely the name of someone in their 30s.

How quickly people forget the worst college basketball game ever.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
http://www.espn.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310940041

It's worse than I remembered.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I put Kemba Walker down as the most underrated player in the pre-season poll. He is really good but unless Charlotte makes the second round no-one will ever know because who cares about Charlotte.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Alex Oriakhi + Garbage vs. Garbage + Garbage

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

euphronius posted:

Plus he's in a Wu-Tang Clan song.

Jack's Flow posted:

Why are the Pacers so bad? I kind of expected them to be Top 4/5 in the East; however, they have a pretty poo poo record and point differential. Their schedule so far hasn't been insanely difficult either so.

I haven't seen them play yet this season, I'm genuinely curious what the deal is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Libertine posted:

Plus he's in a Wu-Tang Clan song.

Why are the Pacers so bad? I kind of expected them to be Top 4/5 in the East; however, they have a pretty poo poo record and point differential. Their schedule so far hasn't been insanely difficult either so.

I haven't seen them play yet this season, I'm genuinely curious what the deal is.

Because they downgraded at almost every roster spot except Paul George and Myles Turner is starting. They also still have the albatross poo poo that Larry Bird hired in Monta Ellis and Rodney Stuckey, only older and worse.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Poor Paul George has another year before his player option too.

I like to imagine that him, Cousins and AD have a group text where they fantasize about having taken the QO.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Paul George has actually won playoff series though

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Pacers defense is hilariously bad.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Libertine posted:

They cant play Half Court basketball on either side of the court. If the game is entirely transition, and they get going, they will win everytime. They play defense fantastic for the first 6 seconds of a shot clock then are done. If they let a team set up at all, that team is going to score. And if a team stops the transition, the Pacers have no idea what to do out of the half court other then give it to PG...which I mean works a lot, but not every time.

The bench is also horrid. Once the starters come out, the Bench is unable to get anything going. CJ Miles and Al Jefferson are fine, but nobody can get them the ball to get them going. McMillan has to start staggering starters minutes in with the bench. Last night they looked ok when PG was with the bench for a while.

If teams are missing shots, the Pacers get out and run and look fine. When a team gets hot, it's loving over, and the Hornets were hot last night. They have no way of matching a team that isnt turning the ball over or missing shots.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

They cant play Half Court basketball on either side of the court. If the game is entirely transition, and they get going, they will win everytime. They play defense fantastic for the first 6 seconds of a shot clock then are done. If they let a team set up at all, that team is going to score. And if a team stops the transition, the Pacers have no idea what to do out of the half court other then give it to PG...which I mean works a lot, but not every time.

The bench is also horrid. Once the starters come out, the Bench is unable to get anything going. CJ Miles and Al Jefferson are fine, but nobody can get them the ball to get them going. McMillan has to start staggering starters minutes in with the bench. Last night they looked ok when PG was with the bench for a while.

If teams are missing shots, the Pacers get out and run and look fine. When a team gets hot, it's loving over, and the Hornets were hot last night. They have no way of matching a team that isnt turning the ball over or missing shots.

What confuses me is why were people picking them to finish 4th in the east in the preseason. They swappwed a guy wh o fits really well next to Monta for a guy who doesn't, they signed like a median quality pf who doesn't shoot threes (while promising to speed up the pace and space it out) and signed big Al for the bench. That was it. They also got rid of a demonstrably good coach for a demonstrably okay coach.

Paul George is great, Myles Turner could be a special player but then...?

• Locked thread