Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

sunday at work posted:

I still have the medals from last week with progress saved. Does everyone get the same five each week or is it random?

My overall K/D has stayed exactly at 2 for at least a dozen matches. EXACTLY two kills for each death, no matter how good or bad I do. The total numbers of kills and deaths listed go up but always at the same proportion.

Medals are random and have been screwy each time they reset the past few weeks. I have both semi pistols and revolvers this week, from what I could tell in the 20 seconds I saw my new ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Knightmare posted:

Medals are random and have been screwy each time they reset the past few weeks. I have both semi pistols and revolvers this week, from what I could tell in the 20 seconds I saw my new ones.

Had that combo this past week. Not the most entertaining medals as I tend to forget I even have a pistol

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sunday at work posted:

I still have the medals from last week with progress saved. Does everyone get the same five each week or is it random?

My overall K/D has stayed exactly at 2 for at least a dozen matches. EXACTLY two kills for each death, no matter how good or bad I do. The total numbers of kills and deaths listed go up but always at the same proportion.

It definitely rounds the ratio. Mine's 1, and frankly I don't know how I've managed to do that well.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I did the thing! I was playing the sand map and an entire enemy squad was on the roof of one of the three-story houses. I actually couldn't figure out how to get up there from inside the second story so I just emptied my inventory of dynamite and dropped the entire roof. So loving amazing.

Also, it took a few shots to figure out but I was manning the dreadnaught big guns and with a little bit of leading wiped four people off the map that were charging a point. Followed by wiping three more the next shot. Those guns are insane.

I'm almost to level 3 of assault. What happens after level 3 it seems like all the guns unlock at that point, are there other unlocks and I'm just being an idiot?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm almost to level 3 of assault. What happens after level 3 it seems like all the guns unlock at that point, are there other unlocks and I'm just being an idiot?
There's one Level 10 gun to unlock for each class.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I sent a request to battlegoons on ps4 with the name Trastion if someone could let me in so I can shooty man with other goons.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

super macho dude posted:

There's one Level 10 gun to unlock for each class.

Two, one pistol and one primary gun

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Man, this game really knows how to spawn you in correctly. http://xboxclips.com/MeatBishop/d74e7c43-a4e1-4b8d-9e57-249515ec1b2b

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I finally unlocked the martini henry and it almost feels like cheating. If you're accurate enough on the first shot it's either a one hit kill or you only need to land one pistol shot which is perfect for the frommer stop due to the RoF. Only took 3 conquest rounds to get a service star for the martini

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
Make sure to only open your battlepacks while in the main menu; not in a game. Then you get the sweet crowbar the lock and lift animation. Huahhhhh!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

Make sure to only open your battlepacks while in the main menu; not in a game. Then you get the sweet crowbar the lock and lift animation. Huahhhhh!

I didn't even know you could open them in game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

higher quality battlepacks have better lock opening animations

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
edit: ^ how do you have time to come up with that but leave out a menu to change your load out outside of a match?

Nearly 20 years of shooting dudes on the computer and this game has far and away the worst spawns I have ever seen, specific examples and in general.

On the other hand it's the first game I've ever enjoyed sniping in so that's cool. Also killed a horse rider with a rocket gun and blew up the same bomber crew with the artillery truck twice in the same match.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

This game is the best multiplayer experience right now. It is also the worst menu and UI experience right now. Like, why are the post-game menus so slow I feel like I'm playing on a 386. The lack of customization outside the game is so absurd it hurts. And who's idea was it to remove all the cool unlockables from the BF4 days, where after a match you'd see that progress bar tick forward and like a badass grenade launcher or something would drop on the screen as an unlock. There's none of that, the progress screen is useless and to be fair once you hit level 3 on each class progress all together seems useless.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

sunday at work posted:

On the other hand it's the first game I've ever enjoyed sniping in so that's cool. Also killed a horse rider with a rocket gun and blew up the same bomber crew with the artillery truck twice in the same match.

Sniping is bad, m'kay.

:dice: will fix this game by March. The UI is so slow that I can't even tell when I get a battlepack. I've always got some connection issue even though my xbox is on a wired connection and everything else runs fine.

Also recording clips on xbox takes forever and brings you to the "pause" screen which takes forever and I usually end up crashing my plane or horse or tank.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I love artillery truck. I love rush. I love killing snipers. I love when they spend all round shooting baby k bullets at me instead of just swapping classes and using the rocket gun.

http://xboxclips.com/FastestGunAlive/62d455b6-94d0-469e-a030-e25dd5035411/embed

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Blind Rasputin posted:

This game is the best multiplayer experience right now. It is also the worst menu and UI experience right now. Like, why are the post-game menus so slow I feel like I'm playing on a 386. The lack of customization outside the game is so absurd it hurts. And who's idea was it to remove all the cool unlockables from the BF4 days, where after a match you'd see that progress bar tick forward and like a badass grenade launcher or something would drop on the screen as an unlock. There's none of that, the progress screen is useless and to be fair once you hit level 3 on each class progress all together seems useless.

It really is hilarious that a post-game table of numbers makes a goddamn 8th gen console chug like a Commodore. What the hell, and why have flashy menus at all if you can't DO anything in them.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Beastie posted:

Sniping is bad, m'kay.

I hate the usual snipers as much as the next decent, god-fearing American. Camping a rooftop like a coward is bad. Pushing up along Suez with an iron-sights SMLE mk iii and a C93 is awesome. I actually feel like the edge-camping useless coward style of sniping has been less prevalent in this game so far.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I am thankful for snipers because of all the easy knife kills they give me. I'm almost at 100 kills with my fancy jambalaya knife.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

I hate the usual snipers as much as the next decent, god-fearing American. Camping a rooftop like a coward is bad. Pushing up along Suez with an iron-sights SMLE mk iii and a C93 is awesome. I actually feel like the edge-camping useless coward style of sniping has been less prevalent in this game so far.

Honestly, I don't mind it. It makes me realize how terrifying snipers must have been in real life, knowing they could be anywhere and any moment your brains could be splattered everywhere.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

sunday at work posted:

I know, I'm just pushing the usual wookie-driven narrative.

Some of the bone crew was on Suez the other night. We had taken the fort (which is always loving fun) and I looked out towards the hills and saw no less than 7 scope glints.

All I can say is I'm glad they weren't on my team. Past like 120 meters sniping becomes insanely useless. You can't even effectively uses the flares. I'm becoming a huge fan of the flares.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Also, I think I'm the only one that likes Suez as it is. Taking C & B and then just launching mortars into A is fantastic. So many multikills.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ol Standard Retard posted:

It really is hilarious that a post-game table of numbers makes a goddamn 8th gen console chug like a Commodore. What the hell, and why have flashy menus at all if you can't DO anything in them.

The most retarded way to do it would be to have the menus run serverside, then when you press a button the command is send to the server and have to wait for a reply. And when you are changing server theres a period where you are not connected to anything, so you don't have menus...

It would be the most tedious, featureless, complex, overengineered and limiting way to do it.

a) How a server side menu system would work:
Server sends flash with UI trough http.
Client renders flash.
User click on button [exit game]
Command from client travel to server
Server process request.
Server send command to client [exit game]
Client receive [exit game] command and close.

b) How a normal game menu system works:
User click on button [exit game]
Game close.

Popeadactyl
Jul 28, 2009

dumb and gay

Live At Five! posted:

I finally unlocked the martini henry and it almost feels like cheating. If you're accurate enough on the first shot it's either a one hit kill or you only need to land one pistol shot which is perfect for the frommer stop due to the RoF. Only took 3 conquest rounds to get a service star for the martini

The martini henry is incredible. I have almost 700 kills with it. I feel like if you're using a scope and staying prone on this game with the Scout class then you are doing it wrong.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Popeadactyl posted:

The martini henry is incredible. I have almost 700 kills with it. I feel like if you're using a scope and staying prone on this game with the Scout class then you are doing it wrong.

Absolutely agree. Popping flares and staying relatively close quarters is so much more satisfying than camping a ridge and hoping to land a long shot. I don't even worry if I see scope glare from some wookie camping because there's no way they'll land a shot.

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

higher quality battlepacks have better lock opening animations

This is amazing. I haven't bought the superior one yet. Does he drop kick the crate open?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

This is amazing. I haven't bought the superior one yet. Does he drop kick the crate open?

he shoots the lock off with a pistol

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

CornHolio posted:

Also, I think I'm the only one that likes Suez as it is. Taking C & B and then just launching mortars into A is fantastic. So many multikills.

:same:

Suez is great because there's almost no down time on the map, just rushing forward like a mad bastard

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

he shoots the lock off with a pistol

:swoon:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIpZ8oPFZs

Achievement unlocked.

Did I ever mention how much I love fixed gun emplacements?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

If you're an idiot like me and bought the deluxe edition, Lawrence of Arabia's SMLE with no bayonet and radium sights is a beast!

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
No work tomorrow and the wife is in school so I'll be tank whoring most the afternoon of any xbros will be around

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

FastestGunAlive posted:

No work tomorrow and the wife is in school so I'll be tank whoring most the afternoon of any xbros will be around

Show the other tanks whos the alpha tank :)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Last night I tried the heavy tank for the first time because a dumb rear end team mate bailed out. It really sucks. Too slow and clunky. I will show pubbies the glory of the flanker and arty truck.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

Last night I tried the heavy tank for the first time because a dumb rear end team mate bailed out. It really sucks. Too slow and clunky. I will show pubbies the glory of the flanker and arty truck.

I like how it's the most picked tank simply because the driver can shoot the big gun. Idk why those idiots don't just choose the light tank. And then inevitably they move up without infantry support and get blown to bits. God I hate pubbies.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Heavy flamer tank is actually god tier. Me and a friend were fuckin around in one on Amiens and managed to wedge it inbetween two walls on E, with one flamethrower pointed down each entrance. We sat there for the entire round killing everyone who ran blind into it and we both ended up with over 50 kills and nearly 30k points :allears:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I noticed the quality of pubbie tank lords has increased greatly since the game came out. They now generally retreat and fire back when you hit them with a rocket gun.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Finger Prince posted:

I noticed the quality of pubbie tank lords has increased greatly since the game came out. They now generally retreat and fire back when you hit them with a rocket gun.

I was side gunning for a guy on Grappa when we got caught in Behemoth fire. He just stopped moving and excepted that we were going to die eventually so why not right there.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The light tank is probably the King Of Kills but I feel that the heavy tank is a better team asset because it can spawn/carry people as well as drop the heal/supply pack on two of three variants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Watched a pubbie grab the heavy tank on the second set of objectives for grappa rush. Drives directly to the telegraph and bails to plant. Enemy steals tank and stays in the tunnel, we don't even get a single plant on that set because they're so dug in and no one is smart enough to try and overwhelm him with rocket gun slam.