Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Violet knows how it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, Lisa seems like the kind who'll keep this in her back pocket so Max doesn't cross her or fail to pay his bar tab.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
So Suzy's embarrassing secret is her last name, is what I got from that exchange. Who is embarrassing enough that the threat of having a relation revealed could serve as blackmail material?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Nah Suzy's dark secret is that she doesn't actually have a masters in Journalism. No one can know! Her career is at stake!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

suzy's full name is kyle susan or something and her secret is everything that implies. believe it

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Did anybody link the page yet, or am I just an idiot?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This the best poorly paced webcomic.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

That's the previous page.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

It's not her last name per se, but I think she's related to a teacher or something and is too embarrassed to admit it.

Suzy Spender.

yes I know he's too young

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kazy posted:

It's not her last name per se, but I think she's related to a teacher or something and is too embarrassed to admit it.

Suzy Spender.

yes I know he's too young

He could easily be her older brother. There's only a fourteen-year difference.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Suzy Starchman

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Poison Mushroom posted:

Suzy Starchman

Why would you ever hide that?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Rand Brittain posted:

He could easily be her older brother. There's only a fourteen-year difference.

Niece would also work, although now I'm trying to remember if we ever learned anything about Spender's family.

What's the evidence that he's married, again? Can't remember.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolash posted:

Niece would also work, although now I'm trying to remember if we ever learned anything about Spender's family.

What's the evidence that he's married, again? Can't remember.

Paper lunch bag with his name on it and what might have been a person in the background of a shot of the inside of his house, if I recall correctly. Not going to bother looking up evidence though, someone else can do that.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Roland Jones posted:

Paper lunch bag with his name on it

Specifically "Rick :h:"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

MikeJF posted:

Eh, Lisa seems like the kind who'll keep this in her back pocket so Max doesn't cross her or fail to pay his bar tab.

More like she'll have Max in her pocket. If Violet drinks are really "free" why was she introduced as needing stars so much?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bell_ posted:

More like she'll have Max in her pocket. If Violet drinks are really "free" why was she introduced as needing stars so much?

She got flustered when it was pointed out that she chose to sit at the front of the class, I think the star thing was a cover up and she just earnestly enjoys school/the class

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The page is great, but I really don't like how passive Max is being through all this.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Roland Jones posted:

Paper lunch bag with his name on it and what might have been a person in the background of a shot of the inside of his house, if I recall correctly. Not going to bother looking up evidence though, someone else can do that.

Considering Zarei is currently living in her parent's basement and she's basically a female Spender, he could still be living at home with his mom.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, you aren't anime unless you've only got a mom and vague hints that your dad may be the big bad.

Clearly, this means that Spender's dad is Nightmare Knight.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

Well, you aren't anime unless you've only got a mom and vague hints that your dad may be the big bad.

Clearly, this means that Spender's dad is Nightmare Knight.

I'm sorry, but Nate Murnite is like 13 years younger than Spender.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
This has been said before but only now is it honestly starting to wear on me:

The fact that nearly every page is some kind of competition to see who can be the Sassiest and Wittiest of them all is getting a little old. I don't want to say that the characters don't have distinct voices anymore, because we aren't that far gone, but I can see it going in that direction.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Oblivious posted:

This has been said before but only now is it honestly starting to wear on me:

The fact that nearly every page is some kind of competition to see who can be the Sassiest and Wittiest of them all is getting a little old. I don't want to say that the characters don't have distinct voices anymore, because we aren't that far gone, but I can see it going in that direction.
Only a couple of characters try to out sass and out witty everyone, it's just one of them is a main character. Right now Max is engaged in a sass and wit battle with a sassperior and losing. Usually it's just Max being sarcastic while people treat him as background noise. That's his thing.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Countblanc posted:

She got flustered when it was pointed out that she chose to sit at the front of the class, I think the star thing was a cover up and she just earnestly enjoys school/the class
On its own, I could see it that way, but after Lisa's thumbs down and statement to Suzie to hold onto the blackmail until given the okay, if looks to me like the sympathetic pat on the shoulder Violet is giving is coming from someone who's been there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Splicer posted:

Only a couple of characters try to out sass and out witty everyone, it's just one of them is a main character. Right now Max is engaged in a sass and wit battle with a sassperior and losing. Usually it's just Max being sarcastic while people treat him as background noise. That's his thing.

Max isn't really engaged in anything right now. It really feels like there's no reason for him to even be there.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Splicer posted:

I suppose what I'm trying to get at isn't mere sass. From the unique brand of jokey bully wordplay of Johnny's gang to Max's Endless Sass Whitenoise, the characters are starting to feel like Joke Vectors moreso than characters.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Who What Now posted:

Max isn't really engaged in anything right now. It really feels like there's no reason for him to even be there.

much like the reader

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Who What Now posted:

he got a note telling him to come here, and he figured whoever it was (he thought Lisa) would give him info on hijack/whatever/homework tips

but probably whoever it is will be the most cryptic and sassy character yet

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These characters are barely even characters anymore!

They're like Dark Souls characters with hilarious facial expression now! A shell of their former selves.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Who's gonna be the first to go hollow?

I mean, aside from Forge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

Who's gonna be the first to go hollow?

I mean, aside from Forge.

Well, not including Forge, the only other answer is Suzy, of course.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

We're moving to another scene after this

a real you scratch my back, i ride yours and maybe even scratch it a bit because i'm wearing cleats for extra grip situation

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I still like Lisa but I have a feeling that's gonna change

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Suzy's dirt on Max is that she has photos of him jumping through the bus, right? I feel like that isn't very strong blackmail material, honestly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Who What Now posted:

Suzy's dirt on Max is that she has photos of him jumping through the bus, right? I feel like that isn't very strong blackmail material, honestly.

the vice principal is looking for the criminal, what for to expel him, for which max's dad will coil around him like a snake

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

BlackPersona posted:

We're moving to another scene after this

a real you scratch my back, i ride yours and maybe even scratch it a bit because i'm wearing cleats for extra grip situation

Oh ffs :negative: (The scene jumping as soon as things start to happen, not the page itself.)

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Update.

Alt-text: "the number of famous photographs ruined for spectrals by photobombing spirits... you wouldn't believe"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You would surpass even the gods???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Not wild about changing scenes so quick, but I am happy we get to see more of the true star of the comic, Johnny!
"I'll make you look like a bowl at a party... FULL OF PUNCH!"