Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DicktheCat posted:

I almost threw up at the polls today because a) I live in Bammy, and there was literally no one running against an all Republican ballot for the state Supreme Court. Every option was one judge, or you could write in, that's it. And b) I know that Trump is likely to win mu state no matter what I do.

Oh, and c) my father, at some time today, will be throwing his vote at the orange relresentation of the uncontrolled American id. I share 50% of my genes with this man, and 100% of me is embarrassed.

Pretty sure election booths are not social media, despite Eric Trump.

E: Content for new page:

RFC2324 has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DicktheCat posted:

I almost threw up at the polls today because a) I live in Bammy, and there was literally no one running against an all Republican ballot for the state Supreme Court. Every option was one judge, or you could write in, that's it. And b) I know that Trump is likely to win mu state no matter what I do.

Oh, and c) my father, at some time today, will be throwing his vote at the orange relresentation of the uncontrolled American id. I share 50% of my genes with this man, and 100% of me is embarrassed.

Hey, "Why do we only have one loving option here" buddy! Guess I don't need to know anything about any of the candidates when the whole list only has one option!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

All these thread title suggestions are good but there's so much to be said for the gorgeous simplicity of MOM NO.

e: whoops there were like 2 new pages MY STATEMENT STANDS

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

John Oliver did a 30 minute take-down of MLM (Avon, Herbalife, etc) and now the MLM supporters are out in force trying to refute the math Oliver used.

There are so many people that have sipped the Kool-aid here. Check the Facebook trending topic #Thisisapyramidscheme.

Edit: This appears to be some sort of canned response, I've seen it posted on different articles by different accounts:

quote:

The chart on the photo with John Oliver looks just like every other org chart in Corporate America. Manager over supervisors over workers... So does that indicate that all corporate structures are pyramids? With this piece, he's making a generalization about all MLMs.

Not all MLMs are schemes or cons. Word-of-mouth (or network) marketing is the most effective form of marketing there is (Look how well "My Big Fat Wedding" did by word-of-mouth). I spent most of my adult life saying "no" to product based network marketing companies - for many of the reasons he mentions. For the last 4 years, I've representing a company that markets essential services via network marketing. It is run with great integrity. Network marketing is the strategy used to bring in customers. No one is compensated until the customers are on board. And, there are no quotas or expectations on Associates.

Customers are not asked to purchase more of the services when they come on board. The start up cost is nothing more than purchasing the license to sell the services, have access to training, websites, materials, administration and market the brand (miniscule compared to purchasing the right to a franchise). I have saved my own family and many others a significant amount of money, on services that are already in their budget. They do not have to purchase anything new -- just reallocate where their money goes -- and save while doing it -- using the vehicle of network marketing.

Beastie has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

All these thread title suggestions are good but there's so much to be said for the gorgeous simplicity of MOM NO.

LITERALLY A BIRD NO

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

dexter6 posted:

In the Apple threads, Mods close them down on the day of big events, because they become very horrible.

I feel like election day could be the equivalent for the IOSM Thread.

Wow... I wasn't expecting the kool-aid line from those who drank the blue and red varieties. And considering I never gotten myself involved in politics until this year... I can see why some people would completely separate themselves from it on Election Day --- lots of angry voters fighting as its the last Tickle Me Elmo on a shelf on Black Friday.

First, I already voted... gotten it over with before I made that post. Now, I don't expect to sway away of you and its likely you all voted as well. But let me say a few things (I could say so much more, but it would never do justice in the entirety of subjects revealed over months and explaining it in a single facebook post)

- Donald Trump was from Day 1 a product of Clinton's team to be the "pied piper candidate" to run against her in the general election. She is such a horrible candidate as she learned in the 2008 primaries against Obama, that she needed a monster, a boogieman, to BLACKMAIL THE ENTIRE COUNTRY WITH. They discussed him as a strategy in the emails months before Trump announced putting his hat into the ring, and Bill Clinton encouraging him to run!

- The Clintons are Trumps have always been close together, and here we are in an election where we are forced to vote for one criminal or another when they both deserve to be in jail. After this election is over and most people go back to their normal lives and forget, the two families will be back on some country club golf course as they have in the past, laughing at how gullible everyone is. The cognitive dissonance is staggering.

- I know how bad Trump is, and I know how legendary of douchebag Mike Pence is (he even looks like a certain character in a comic who would totally transform Guantanamo Bay and all of Cuba into Genosha Island for all the mutants). But I don't need to say how bad or evil Trump is because the bought MSM has blasted that on their coverage nearly 24/7. I feel that even that they win the election, they're not going to sneaky about it and can fight whatever things they try to propose on us that are discriminatory. We won't with Hillary.

- On a couple key topics: both are not going to do a drat thing for stopping the North Dakota pipeline. Trump has invested millions into the project, and Hillary has made millions in speaking fees promoting fracking and those same companies and the influence to get the go ahead in the first place. Many other things, like our foreign policies, racism, being against the LGBT community, invoking war... while Trump may do all those things, Clinton has a track record of having a stance and/or making policies against all those things. It may be uncertain with Trump, but Hillary will put us onto the path of World War III as she makes Russia the scapegoat for all things, bringing back McCarthyism to anyone who expresses dissent towards her.

- Hillary's crimes are so vast, the rabbit hole so deep, that I had trouble swallowing it and became scared for my life if she gets voted in... and she will, whether she wins or losses, she will most certainly win. Pay-to-play schemes, pocketing billions of donations from the Foundation that was supposed to go to Haiti and then ruined their entire country with oppression, all the coups she was a part of, how the Clinton Foundation funded ISIS. Sex-trafficking. All the murders that surround them. Stop normalizing everything and dig deeper into their past. Whether its the recent e-mails or decades ago when they were a drug cartel in Arkansas.

I voted for Jill even though I suspect my vote may end up getting flipped for Hillary anyway... it has been revealed we never had a democracy the entire time. I only hope that it will be counted and she'll get enough of a percentage for the Green Party to be recognized as a major party with federal funding. We need to break up this politics of controlled opposition and fear. Everything a Republican proposes that people freak out over is later passed as a Democrat (It was Bill Clinton who passed NAFTA, made the war on drugs that systemically incarcerated millions of blacks... Welfare reform that destroyed so many lives in poverty). Jill isn't anti-vax, or anti-science... its just what the media has successfully painted the narrative to make you believe so you wouldn't pay anymore attention to from her directly.

I have no intention of fighting you all... but if you truly wish to understand more and are sincere I'll supply videos and sources later. Until then, Happy Installation Day, to our Queen Hillary. George Orwell would be rolling in his grave, knowing this would happen.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

DicktheCat posted:

Oh they're doing it there too. So what happens is supporters of the republican will register as democrats and run as write ins. What usually happens if there are no Dems running then the primary will be the actual election where it's Rep v Rep and dems can vote. But because that one Rep got their friends to be write ins then democrats can't vote because it's a primary between two invisible write ins. That way you can better control who gets to vote for you. Then once you won the primary then you go up to the election and have your write in friends drop out and boom, now you only have one person to vote for unopposed.

There was even a notice on my voting booth about both write ins dropping out.

TIL, write in doesn't mean anyone you feel like.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I had a moment like this a few weeks back in a JoAnn Fabrics when I overheard some people talking about attending a Trump rally. I hung around pretending to look at rayon blends to try to eavesdrop, but they didn't say anything interesting.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

TBH I don't think there's anything that can beat MOM NO but the lesser competitors deserve a spot in the sun.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The only thing better than Idiots on Social Media: MOM NO is removing the IOSM and just having the thread named MOM NO.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys, remember my aunt? She's back.

Aunt, I want you to read that previous link. The one with things you said. Focus on the one where you linked something that a commenter refuted and then went WELL SHE'S BAD ANYWAY.

And now, in tangentially related news, from the same aunt, I have two words: Global warming.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EDIT: Does Patreon and Imgur count for social media? I think so.
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/zHQ9ALB.jpg

Somebody has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Nov 13, 2016

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

Aunt, I want you to read that previous link. The one with things you said. Focus on the one where you linked something that a commenter refuted and then went WELL SHE'S BAD ANYWAY.

Clearly she has thrown out EVERYTHING and just prayed, and God told her that Hillary is basically Satan in a pantsuit.

Are you arguing with God, Midnight Voyager? Are YOU omniscient?

Didn't think so. :smugdon:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The high price of American free doom

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, really quick fun fact: The mom in MOM NO was my boyfriend's mother.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
IOSM: the united states need free doom

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796102093727793152

Aaaaaaand rigged / fraud claims have begun. Buckle up, folks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I tried going back a few pages, but could someone link me to the MOM NO thing?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Snatch Duster posted:

EDIT: Does Patreon and Imgur count for social media? I think so.

This breeding cycle confuses me.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

CodfishCartographer posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796102093727793152

Aaaaaaand rigged / fraud claims have begun. Buckle up, folks.

Utah officials are reporting issues with voting machines throughout Washington County, UT. He can't tell the difference between "county" and "country". :eng99:

(e: and I can't tell the difference between 101 and 99. :sigh:)

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 22:48 on Nov 8, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Everyone go read this article right away:

http://gizmodo.com/trumps-troll-army-is-having-a-hard-time-voting-1788712609

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Do we have a "chef kissing his fingertips" emoticon at all?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

:discourse:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
HOW DID ELECTION DAY 2016 SNEAK UP ON ANYONE

The thing has been announcing itself louder than a Barnum circus for over a year, how could anyone miss it? I live an ocean away and I couldn't miss it

Mak0rz posted:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

quote:

Excellent.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Excellent.

An excellent emote!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsdg_j1r4aU

Meanwhile, in more :3: tweets:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/796074294291865600

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

For extra reference: Apparently the Trump General thread on whatever board that is has had instructions on how to get registered for months.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It might surprise this iosm to learn that Freud never said this.

But what does it say about someone's sexual and emotional maturity to believe this instantly and then use it to throw in other people's faces?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Yeah, about that: voting on Tuesdays? What the gently caress is up with that? The ~50% turnout is no surprise

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Met posted:

But what does it say about someone's sexual and emotional maturity to believe this instantly and then use it to throw in other people's faces?

I don't know! Maybe you should tell us. I am sure we all would love to hear your argument against an image macro!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

hackbunny posted:

Yeah, about that: voting on Tuesdays? What the gently caress is up with that? The ~50% turnout is no surprise

It's literally tradition and making it harder for the wrong people to vote. Always has been.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Met posted:

Even if he did say it the guy was completely full of poo poo.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

hackbunny posted:

It was for farmers who needed a full day to get to the polls and they couldn't travel on Sunday because of church. It still is on a Tuesday because of tradition and it likely won't change because enough politicians are incentivized to make voting as difficult as possible.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what day would be better

it can't be on the weekend because there's football

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Snatch Duster posted:

I don't know! Maybe you should tell us. I am sure we all would love to hear your argument against an image macro!

Don't be pert. I'm still keeping an eye on you.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

what day would be better

it can't be on the weekend because there's football

Saturday or do it like Canada and make employers give their employees enough time to go vote. Or the easiest option: make it a holiday.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Don't be pert. I'm still keeping an eye on you.

I can't wait till December when this election poo poo ends, but i know it never will until i die.

EDIT: Thanks for saying im attractive :kimchi:

Snatch Duster has a new favorite as of 01:39 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Field Mousepad posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD NO

MOD NO