Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Harrow posted:

You got off easy. I had to slit a goat's throat while uttering a guttural prayer to the darkest places, then fill in the ballot with its blood using a quill made from the finger-bone of a Christian. They were running low on goats at the polling place already, and I voted early. Real inefficient system.

Did you get your "I GOATED" sticker at least?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Tir McDohl posted:

I'll ask again. Any good play-by-play election coverage I can stream today? I want something to listen to at work because too much thread reading = fired

NPR is your best free bet.

If you have cable (or someone is willing to give you their login credentials) you can watch CNN live at go.cnn.com

That's it, as far as I know.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Spacebump posted:

Drive yourself mad and follow numbers here.
http://votecastr.us

Please don't use or link this loving godawful site, gently caress.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

If you have cable (or someone is willing to give you their login credentials) you can watch CNN live at go.cnn.com

It's going free for all with no subscription or login required at 4pm EST.

Also, there's always C-SPAN.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Intoluene posted:

Christ, has America heard of a loving pencil? It'd be cheaper than the goat at least. I mean, okay, my pencil was made out of the ashes of Christian saints when I voted against One Nation in Australia but still.

The flip side to elections not being federalized is that plenty of places do use pens.

The touchscreen thing actually does have an advantage, though: those usually have an accessibility mode for blind people, letting them vote independently.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
+2 votes for the Nasty Woman, Evan Bayh, John Gregg, Lynn Coleman, and Glenda Ritz.

Approximate poll wait time 1 minute (line formed behind us shortly so awesome timing)

Make Indiana Blue Again :pray:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Erwin posted:

Because it's worded as if it's enacting a mandatory retirement age of 75 instead of no retirement requirement, when it's actually raising it from 70 to 75. http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/brian-oneill/2016/10/23/Brian-O-Neill-column-for-Opinion-27/stories/201610230137
Oh. Well, gently caress, I would have voted yes if I'd known that -- mandatory retirement is stupid but if we already have it, making it later is better. Too bad.

Also I was wrong in my earlier post, it was +2 for the good guys in PA because my mom came with me :3:, she's very excited for today.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some friends are looking for places to follow election news, what would be some good sites? I'm mostly using this thread but they don't have SA accounts.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Spacebump posted:

Please no, I've been trying to ignore that, it's too much

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Spacebump posted:

No, ignore this hot bullshit.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Straight White Shark posted:

spoiler: he already knows this, he was deliberately pushing the part of the box that he knew wouldn't register while not bothering to try the remaining 80%

oh yeah it's fake as hell, but trump fans, idk

time to go buy cheap whiskey since I already drank all my pregaming rum and watch some anime or something

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

+1 Climbed aboard the Russ Bus!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Polygynous posted:

oh yeah it's fake as hell, but trump fans, idk

time to go buy cheap whiskey since I already drank all my pregaming rum and watch some anime or something

I recommend Chihayafuru, it is the chillest sports anime about japanese poetry card games ever.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Thank you!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

so what is the official line for all the ways the GOP tries to suppress voters in democratic/minority districts? Like I understand the real reason, but what is the argument they make for it that isn't, "we don't want democrats voting?" Budget?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if that votecaster thing is accurate, Hillary is leading in every swing state so far :boom:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tweak posted:

so what is the official line for all the ways the GOP tries to suppress voters in democratic/minority districts? Like I understand the real reason, but what is the argument they make for it that isn't, "we don't want democrats voting?" Budget?

That is the official reason. It's not illegal to discriminate against political parties.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tweak posted:

Voter fraud.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Drone posted:

All this talk about how huge the Latino turnout has been in Florida/Georgia/etc... any news on Texas?

Because gently caress me, if Hillary were to somehow win Texas... I mean I know it won't happen, but one can dream.

lmao

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Added another Hillary vote from me! Unfortunately my state is guaranteed to go red no matter what, but I have to at least voice another +1 to the national count.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Tweak posted:

"voter fraud"

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

CNN will also be free online and on mobile from 4pm ET to 4am ET tomorrow morning.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

huh i thought they had to try at least a little, ok thanks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

if that votecaster thing is accurate, Hillary is leading in every swing state so far :boom:

Please please please do not put any stock in the new, experimental thing.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Scholtz posted:

gently caress, did anyone else's ballot prick their finger and say "BLOOD SACRIFICE ACCEPTED" in the oldest tongue when they voted for Hillary?

My newborn sacrifice was unusually happy about it for some reason.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

It is not accurate. She's probably still leading, though.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Carlosologist posted:

It's bullshit, based on their exit polls and some modeling, apparently in 2012 the Obama team was convinced they lost Ohio because of it

e: OK, it was a different model, but the point stands

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I wish NPR wasn't obnoxiously middle ground, its almost more off putting than people who at least overtly take a side.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Is that man wearing a Trump mask or the skin of his victims?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

CascadeBeta posted:

Voter fraud.

even when used to close polling stations & restrict the days/time to vote? "This is the most likely time/place voter fraud is committed, therefore we will not offer our services?"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is loving great I love it thank you

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

It varies by area. Mine was just pen, paper and a scanner here in Baltimore.

Just voted in Baltimore too, feels good :cool:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Cingulate posted:

Strongly this. USPol had a really scary tribal mentality going on in these past few weeks. People were being accused of treachery left and right.

1. Not voting for Clinton brings us one step closer to the Techno-kristallnacht

2. Also it's racist

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

Is that man wearing a Trump mask or the skin of his victims?

Yes

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I wish NPR wasn't obnoxiously middle ground, its almost more off putting than people who at least overtly take a side.

Again, NPR isn't that drat bad. I'll take my Local affiliate over the poo poo on other stations anyday (especially considering all talk radio other the NPR in Indiana is conservative poo poo heels)

Marketplace can however gently caress right off.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Tweak posted:

even when used to close polling stations & restrict the days/time to vote? "This is the most likely time/place voter fraud is committed, therefore we will not offer our services?"

For that they cite cost and of course, more voter fraud because the more opportunity to vote the more chances for fraud!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tweak posted:

These are the same people who think Democrats bus groups of black people to multiple polling stations to run up the vote.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

This.

Any time a Republican has ever lost an election at any level at any point in the history of this country, it's been because of massive, widespread voter fraud on unprecedented levels.

Any time a Republican has ever won, it's been the will of the people.

Just ask one.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Any recommendations for a good zone-out game that pairs well with listening to the CNN stream in the background? I can't handle focusing 100% of my attention on godawful panelists and moderators, but still want to be in on live poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

bad boy in the boy band posted:

This.

Any time a Republican has ever lost an election at any level at any point in the history of this country, it's been because of massive, widespread voter fraud on unprecedented levels.

Any time a Republican has ever won, it's been the will of the people.

Just ask one.

Today on twitter I was told that not only has Hillary been proven to rig the election but Trump is going to win. I guess she didn't want to be President?

• Locked thread