Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

WOTW confirms the wight hunt plot today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Item Getter posted:

What's the idea supposed to be with this one?

Jamie takes an army and rampages through the tyrell lands and then lets her drink poison when she tells him about joff and stuff.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So what happened to all of the Tyrell armies? I thought they outnumbered all the other houses combined before the wars?

Hand waved away for plot convenience? Sounds about right.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Collateral posted:

So what happened to all of the Tyrell armies? I thought they outnumbered all the other houses combined before the wars?

Probably scattered/demoralised when Cersei burned like 99% of their leadership.

E: And dont the spoilers say something about a combined army of Euron + Jaime defeating them in battle?

TheRat fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 6, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Euron to something there!

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Euron rebuilt the fleet that was stolen from him using the only three trees in all of the Iron Islands.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

TheRat posted:

Probably scattered/demoralised when Cersei burned like 99% of their leadership.

E: And dont the spoilers say something about a combined army of Euron + Jaime defeating them in battle?

Randyll Tarly didn't fancy it did he?

So, hand waved away for the convenience of having 5,000 Lannisters and 2,000 Ironmen beating the reach army of 100,000 men. Or did the Lannister army respawn?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

A combined attack of the Ironborn and the Lannisters against the Tyrells being successful wouldn't really surprise me, to be honest. It's not because the Tyrell soldiers are better fed and more numerous that they would automatically win. A lot would depend on strategy, morale and experience. The Tyrell hosts have fought in only one major battle so far (Blackwater), and it's not like their 100K men will be all at the same place at the same time. Going by the show's logic of character economy, Jaime is an experienced fighter and so is Euron. Olenna? Yeah, she's a good court schemer, but not someone who has experience in combat, and the men of House Tyrell who would presumably have received combait and tactics training are all dead.

Also, I suppose that an attack on the Tyrell heartlands would severely shake morale. During the entire conflict, they've considered themselves pretty much invulnerable because most of the fighting was taking place up North. Getting attacked from the sea is not something they would expect - the Ironborn were raiding the North until Ramsay drove them out, and even then Asha/Yara rightfully said that the other kingdoms usually don't even consider the Iron Islands because they're just some marginal kingdom that doesn't much influence the larger political scene.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Lest we forget, the first war in the books/show featured a smaller army with an unexperienced commander winning every battle for some reason.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yea but what about the bad pussy army? But I totally expect

Collateral posted:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

There's also a matter of Tyrells sitting on all that food required for King's Landing to survive. "Enlist today, and if we win you and your family get to eat".

halwain
May 31, 2011
Euron is going to be the next Ramsay, so he really only needs one boat and twenty good men to win against everyone.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for Rapey McTorture, Third of his Name (after Joffrey and Ramsey) to hogtie his brother to a ship or whatever

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
LF will come up with a plan to marry Sansa to Euron and of course she will accept it after 5 seconds of hesitation

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Euron is totally going to kill Asha, and I will laugh and laugh and laugh. The Greyjoys, besides Theon, haev always been a boring weak link in the show. The books at least have book Euron and Victarion.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Somebody filming the filming of all the Essos characters finally interacting with the main plot:
http://imgur.com/gallery/PJvOe
Did the leaks say where this meeting is supposed to take place? It sort of looks like the set at Dubrovnik(king's landing) but everybody is wearing cold weather clothes.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

time jump maybe? Winter is here and all.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Asehujiko posted:

Somebody filming the filming of all the Essos characters finally interacting with the main plot:
http://imgur.com/gallery/PJvOe
Did the leaks say where this meeting is supposed to take place? It sort of looks like the set at Dubrovnik(king's landing) but everybody is wearing cold weather clothes.

Yes - Dragonstone.

Which is supposed to be wet and dreary and cold year-round, iirc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The Tyrells came to power back in the ye olden days because the old rulers of the Reach were fighting a massive war and a dragon showed up and burned them all alive. Foreshadowing.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I think its extremely good that the Reach army of 100,000 that has barely fought any battles gets ambushed and defeated easily in an episode by the totally taxed Lannister forces

I don't really care about the teleporting anymore, but its pretty silly they make a big deal about the Reach and Dorne joining forces with Dany and then basically write them out of the story in the first few episodes lol

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Lol entire next season spoiled: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/5bsmgf/spoilers_infinite_the_latest_big_leak_rumors_and/?st=iv9t4t4h&sh=4dd2e602

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Again?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Man, that Jorah thing sucks.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

On the way back, Dany ambushes part of the Lannister army - defeating them despite their possession of anti-dragon artillery, designed by Qyburn.

Lol qyburn owns

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How the gently caress do you read this page?

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Solice Kirsk posted:

How the gently caress do you read this page?

This article summarizes it in the easiest way to read http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3915320/SPOILER-ALERT-Entire-plot-Game-Thrones-season-7-leaked-online-story-insane.html

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Looks like the same ones that were posted here before, zombie polar bear and all

Its been kinda confirmed they are real then?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Looks like the same ones that were posted here before, zombie polar bear and all

Its been kinda confirmed they are real then?

Yeah, a bunch of the weirder ones were confirmed after the fact by people spying on scenes being filmed.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Yeah, I though it was all true first time Ive read it. It has just the right amount of a dumb and awesome, predictable and surprising I expect of this show since s5

Im really looking foward to this:

quote:

To get hold of the wight, Jon had taken a team consisting of Tormund Giantsbane, Beric Dondarrion, The Hound, Thoros of Myr and Jorah north of the wall.

What a dream party. It just lacks Brienne to be perfect

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 8, 2016

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

quote:

Gilly meanwhile stumbles across the information that Rhaegar's marriage was annulled, and that he remarried Lyanna Stark, legitimizing Jon's claim on the throne further.

what

quote:

But after being freaked out by the wight, Euron - who asked if they could swim and got a negative reply - returns to Pyke.

It's going to be weird if Euron is ultimately introduced just to kill of the Sand Snakes and then disappears from the story. Apparently he has Ellaria but he'll probably just drop her off at Cersei's.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It'll be pretty anti climactically hilarious tho, I love the idea of this book reader hyped mystic evil badass just seeing zombies and being like "NOPE"
Can they swim? Nah? lol okay later guys
TV euron doesn't seem super charismatic or magnetic (hope he's better in gits) so if all he was brought in to do is kill sand snakes then more power to him
Except bad pussy. She must be spared! 👍🏽🇺🇸

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Shneak posted:

what

It's going to be weird if Euron is ultimately introduced just to kill of the Sand Snakes and then disappears from the story. Apparently he has Ellaria but he'll probably just drop her off at Cersei's.

Looks good enough to me. Even better if he also manages to kill all other ironman characters and then disappear rowing a boat

Ill miss Theon a bit, but I do think his character run its course too

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, I though it was all true first time Ive read it. It has just the right amount of a dumb and awesome, predictable and surprising I expect of this show since s5

Im really looking foward to this:

What a dream party. It just lacks Brienne to be perfect

What a completely random combo of people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

banned from Starbucks posted:

On the way back, Dany ambushes part of the Lannister army - defeating them despite their possession of anti-dragon artillery, designed by Qyburn.

Lol qyburn owns

quote:

Early on, the Lannister army attacks Dorne and Highgarden, wiping out what remains of houses Martell and Tyrell.

:roflolmao:

I'm going to assume that Jaime had 20 good men

quote:

As for the Ironborn, Euron meets and destroys Yara's fleet, taking her prisoner while Theon narrowly escapes. Euron also kills two of the Sand Snakes and captures Ellaria, presumably after forging an alliance with Cersei.

VacuumJockey
Jun 6, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Heh. Even more compulsive speculation on fire and ice, in video essay form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSyoeI1h7s

I'm all for Zombie Polar Bear!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

and i thought the way stannis lost the battle of blackwater was really stupid now they just straight up destroy two major houses despite having no army and no allies.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
It could have been more interesting if the Reach and Dorne are knocked out of the war not due to the Lannister army and Euron's fleet, but due to the various bannermen from those regions revolting against what they perceive as illegitimate rulers. Olenna is a Redwyne who married into the family. Her assuming control of the Tyrrell lands could be considered usurpation of the rights of whichever Tyrrell is next in the line of succession (a cousin of Mace or something like that). Same with Dorne, it never made sense that the local lords would accept the bastard Ellaria Sand as ruler of Dorne, especially when she was responsible for the murder of the legitimate ruler and his heir. Even if they wanted Dorian gone, you'd expect that the most powerful lord would attempt to seize the throne.

Judging by the leaked set photos, Randyll Tarly has apparently joined forces with the Lannisters. Even if he wants nothing to do with Olenna and her alliance with Dany, it still makes little sense for him to side with Mad Queen Cersei.

Kopijeger fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 8, 2016

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
But you see he is bad, and bad people are naturally inclined to team up with each other so they can fight good people. Don't you just love this show's hard hitting moral greys and realistic conflict? This isn't your granddaddy's fantasy, you can tell because they say "gently caress" a lot

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Cersei + Euron vs. Dany + Yara + Sand Snakes + Olenna is like Nazi Germany vs. The Soviet Union. I mean, yeah, I guess Team Dany are technically better because she'll ally with the actual good guys (Jon) but the best case scenario would be they destroy each other because they're both awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Assuming that the show is still trying to hit the beats GRRM gave them, I assume that they are handwaving to get people where they need to be for the ending to make any sense at all. In the book, Aegon and the Golden Company land in the Stormlands before Cersei kills everyone; it entirely possible that what is going to happen is that Arianne will decide Aegon is the real deal and ally Dorne with them while Mace sends the Highgarden forces to fight them, and Dorne and Highgarden (who have both stayed out of the fights so far) end up mauling each other in the fight. Highgarden has a lot more men then Dorne, but the Golden Company might make the difference (plus people who decide Aegon is the real deal). Then Cersei blows up the Tyrells and Tommen kills himself and the whole thing falls apart. Or possibly Cersei takes control in King's Landing and sends the remaining Lannisters to gut the Highgarden force from behind while they're beating Dorne and Aegon.

• Locked thread