Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

bad boy in the boy band posted:

This.

Any time a Republican has ever lost an election at any level at any point in the history of this country, it's been because of massive, widespread voter fraud on unprecedented levels.

Any time a Republican has ever won, it's been the will of the people.

Just ask one.

It'll be even better this year!

After all the candidate has openly, explicitly said the votes were rigged!

No way this could backfire in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Drone posted:

Any recommendations for a good zone-out game that pairs well with listening to the CNN stream in the background? I can't handle focusing 100% of my attention on godawful panelists and moderators, but still want to be in on live poo poo.
Civilizations or other turn based strategy games are probably best

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Drone posted:

Any recommendations for a good zone-out game that pairs well with listening to the CNN stream in the background? I can't handle focusing 100% of my attention on godawful panelists and moderators, but still want to be in on live poo poo.
Titanfall 2 is good

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Drone posted:

I'm enjoying the new Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse game, but you could always play Diablo and imagine you're tearing through Trump surrogates.

As for my live coverage I'm looking forward to the Majority Report coming on in about 45 minutes.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

straight up brolic posted:

Civilizations or other turn based strategy games are probably best

Topical at least

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel faintly guilty in that I know if Trump somehow wins today I'm not going to be able to escape "well, gently caress, was this voter fraud? It had to be voter fraud" thoughts.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

+1 Johnson since my vote essentially doesn't matter in CA.

Vote no on prop 63 y'all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drone posted:

anything turn-based is usually pretty good. civilization maybe

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Drone posted:

I highly recommend Hexcells Infinite. It's like minesweeper but if it was designed competently.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

+1 Johnson since my vote essentially doesn't matter in CA.

Vote no on prop 63 y'all.
a master chooses, a goon obeys

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I feel faintly guilty in that I know if Trump somehow wins today I'm not going to be able to escape "well, gently caress, was this voter fraud? It had to be voter fraud" thoughts.

He's not gonna win! Chillax!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

CNN interviewed a woman in Nevada briefly about marijuana legalization. That was the epitome of pearl-clutching.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Drone posted:

Go do patrols in Destiny. I like loving around on the Dreadnaught.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WampaLord posted:

He's not gonna win! Chillax!

I'm not panicking or anything, I am saying "if, by some miracle, he wins then I will probably be thinking of voter fraud despite laughing at the people doing it right now."

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I feel like drinking coffee right now may have been a mistake, I'm a bit too amped up for this

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Being stuck at work today sucks. I also wont be voting until I get home, im sure the lines are going to be swell.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not panicking or anything, I am saying "if, by some miracle, he wins then I will probably be thinking of voter fraud despite laughing at the people doing it right now."

The obvious difference is that Clinton is actually favored to win, unlike Trump.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
+1 in California for Hillary's bareback marijuana background checks. Despite being in a right-leaning county, there were lots of people wearing Hillary shirts.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I feel good about Florida based on things I'm reading. Should go blue for Abuela and lock this poo poo up.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
I thought you weren't supposed to wear candidate stuffs?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I wish NPR wasn't obnoxiously middle ground, its almost more off putting than people who at least overtly take a side.

As much as I feel this way sometimes too, the thing I try to keep in mind is that the Republicans would LOVE to find any excuse to cut (more) funding for public broadcasting. So playing it a little subtle becomes part of them staying alive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

there are actually real, proven cases of republicans committing voter fraud, unlike with clinton

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Endorph posted:

there are actually real, proven cases of republicans committing voter fraud, unlike with clinton

Also, trying to use legal means to suppress voter turnout and have early ballots discarded.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

WampaLord posted:

I feel good about Florida based on things I'm reading. Should go blue for Abuela and lock this poo poo up.

I feel pretty good about it, just talked to our organizing director and almost 80% of out contact list has confirmed voting.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I thought you weren't supposed to wear candidate stuffs?

You can't in my county, volunteers have been Johnny on the Spot.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 8, 2016

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
https://twitter.com/ncnaacp/status/796059307070590976

Apparently, there were large-scale machine outages in Durham County, NC around lunch-time today.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

RVProfootballer posted:

Just voted in Baltimore too, feels good :cool:

Do you think anyone whose last name isn't Pugh has a shot at mayor? Joshua Harris doesn't seem terrible despite being Green party, I'm halfway curious what'd happen if he won

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

BDawg posted:

Apparently, there were large-scale machine outages in Durham County, NC around lunch-time today.

How do large-scale machine outages happen when voting machines aren't supposed to be connected to the internet?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Drone posted:

Grow Home and Grow Up are chill games that you don't need to give 100% attention. They're both pretty cheap on Steam.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

BDawg posted:

As a guy who voted in Durham County this morning, thank god I got up super early to vote.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drone posted:

How do large-scale machine outages happen when voting machines aren't supposed to be connected to the internet?

Power outage, maybe.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Drone posted:

Printers ran out of paper in one case.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

More like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Clinton is up 8.5% in the markets in Florida, 7.5% in North Carolina, and 5% in Ohio. My friend who has worked on campaigns told me that early exit poll numbers are out but embargoed to the media. It could explain this SIGNIFICANT shift in the markets.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Drone posted:

:tinfoil:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

computer parts posted:

Power outage, maybe.

Also I don't know if it's the case there, but in my county the voting machines are sold as poo poo.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Drone posted:

They have to connect somehow to somewhere.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Drone posted:

Rocket League my man :cool:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySo-YFMTqlk

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Drone posted:

So in my state they have two stickers they print out that are placed on two separate forms before you go to the electronic machine, one of which you sign a line on the sticker once it's placed on a form. These stickers are printed from small printers connected to laptops accessing the registry database, and they break all the loving time. I could see a table with 8 backups on it behind the desk where they were checking registration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Drone posted:

Minecraft.

• Locked thread