Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Good article on the Pels 10th ranked defense this season: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/2016/11/08/the-good-and-bad-with-the-pelicans-defense/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What confuses me is why were people picking them to finish 4th in the east in the preseason. They swappwed a guy wh o fits really well next to Monta for a guy who doesn't, they signed like a median quality pf who doesn't shoot threes (while promising to speed up the pace and space it out) and signed big Al for the bench. That was it. They also got rid of a demonstrably good coach for a demonstrably okay coach.

Paul George is great, Myles Turner could be a special player but then...?

I think mostly once you get past Cleveland, Toronto and Boston the east becomes kind of a mess, so throw a dart.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/CrumpledJumper/status/796059989009801216

Someone tell me about Dana Barros

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cool to see Gil is confirmed as the best player in history yet again

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

What confuses me is why were people picking them to finish 4th in the east in the preseason. They swappwed a guy wh o fits really well next to Monta for a guy who doesn't, they signed like a median quality pf who doesn't shoot threes (while promising to speed up the pace and space it out) and signed big Al for the bench. That was it. They also got rid of a demonstrably good coach for a demonstrably okay coach.

Send Monta to Dallas for Wes Matthews.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

I think mostly once you get past Cleveland, Toronto and Boston the east becomes kind of a mess, so throw a dart.

Fair point. I believe that Detroit is FATALLY FLAWED and has a LOW CEILING but they seemed clearly better than Indiana coming into the season. Charlotte didn't change much from the really good team they were last year.

What's surprised me is how much more alive Dwight's looked in Atlanta, how the Bucks with point Giannis have managed to win 4 games, especially since they've looked terrible in losses, they're a very matchup based team right now. And that Ish Smith and Beno Udrih could play great offensive basketball, at home at least.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wonder what the Thunder could have gotten if they had paid Harden and traded Durant in 2012.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

I wonder what the Thunder could have gotten if they had paid Harden and traded Durant in 2012.

Literally anything they wanted from anyone other than maybe Lebron James

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Spacebump posted:

Amusingly probably like Dwight Howard and JJ Reddick and it would have looked sort of alright. So OKC would still be probably not very good.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Declan MacManus posted:

Apparently Cubes is revoking credentials to prove a point about the automation of sports writing which is chill but also 100% not the reason he's actually doing it

Cuban to administer Voight-Kampff test to prevent replicants from reporting about sports

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dejan Bimble posted:

A lot of this:

Lockback posted:

But also George Hill was gimped as gently caress on this squad. His strengths were really impeded on offense by the system. Defense side is a huge loss without Hill, but Teague is a better fit for the offense. Thad is fine and does space the floor. He's scrappy as gently caress on rebounds. I like what he brings over Ian and Al Jefferson has been great off the bench and is one of 2 people on the team who seem to give a gently caress out there and play like it.

The preseason poll idea was they improved their offense by a ton and defense dropped but not by a lot. Which didn't turn out great so far...still early.

In the end, Larry's hope was bring McMillan in, pump up the offense (Yeah I dont know how McMillan does that), and hope Pacers defense of the past few years was more on Dan Burke then Vogel, but that doesnt seem to be true.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Details on Cuban revoking all espn writer credentials at Mavs home games: https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2016/11/8/13561964/mark-cuban-banned-espn-media-mavericks-games

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The pacers are playing at over 100 on pace and in the middle of offensive efficiency so Larry bird got his buckets

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Greatest rapper in NBA history

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

That's pretty reasonable. Automation is going to have all of us wearing rags and eating clay for essential nutrients before long

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/796056172688068608

You can't make this stuff up. Knicks gonna Knick.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait a sec, they kept the interim coach? The gently caress?

edit: The Knicks were 18th in defense last year

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

I put Kemba Walker down as the most underrated player in the pre-season poll. He is really good but unless Charlotte makes the second round no-one will ever know because who cares about Charlotte.

me >:[

dick

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How can the Wizards improve

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Jack's Flow posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/796056172688068608

You can't make this stuff up. Knicks gonna Knick.

Tae posted:

Wait a sec, they kept the interim coach? The gently caress?

edit: The Knicks were 18th in defense last year

The 2 years he coached in Minnesota the Wolves were 28th and 27th in the league on defense.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Gynecolojustice posted:

How can the Wizards improve

Probably start over.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Phil, stop trying to make Kurt Rambis happen. It's not going to happen.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Libertine posted:

Probably start over.
Yeah I posted this before but basically my thinking is that if Wall and Beal were the core and the future that they're supposed to be, the team would actually have been good last year.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
12 for 64 Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Wizards have no bench scoring, no 3 point shooting, no backup big until Mahimni gets healthy, it's pretty bad. Beal looks like a crappier Oladipo most of the time

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, I've watched two Wizard games this season, and that team just isn't very good. Some people probably still expect Porter to make the jump, but eh, I don't think that's going to happen. John Wall will punch the warp speed button and go coast to coast two or three times per game, and that's great stuff, but other than that? There isn't much to like.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
my friends and I have been trying to sit courtside at an NBA game and figured this Wizards season tickets would drop to a decent price, like ~250 or so, and its still ~800 to sit courtside at the Verizon Center to watch Nets play Wizards. I know these are cheap prices compared to good teams/venues but still!!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Gilbert Arenas TS%> 1 in a 40+ point game is heaven on earth

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, I've watched two Wizard games this season, and that team just isn't very good. Some people probably still expect Porter to make the jump, but eh, I don't think that's going to happen. John Wall will punch the warp speed button and go coast to coast two or three times per game, and that's great stuff, but other than that? There isn't much to like.

they have like an alright offensive setup there for the eastern conference (5 players in double digits last night), unfortunately their coach is scotty brooks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gynecolojustice posted:

my friends and I have been trying to sit courtside at an NBA game and figured this Wizards season tickets would drop to a decent price, like ~250 or so, and its still ~800 to sit courtside at the Verizon Center to watch Nets play Wizards. I know these are cheap prices compared to good teams/venues but still!!

I almost got courtside tickets to the game where the Rockets tied the 3pt record for like $200 but I couldn't find anyone to go with me. loving philistines. Now I can barely sit in my normal spot for that much

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

Wizards have no bench scoring, no 3 point shooting, no backup big until Mahimni gets healthy, it's pretty bad. Beal looks like a crappier Oladipo most of the time

Kelly Oubre needs minutes.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He's gorgeous.

If he were any kind of good he'd be a star.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 8, 2016

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

https://gfycat.com/EnergeticRedDiamondbackrattlesnake

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Is this playing the Right Way?

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Somebody had fun with that Embiid clip.

https://vine.co/v/5jHQjTLzheF

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Criminal Minded posted:

That's incredible and creepy at the same time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

12 for 64 Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

People tried really hard to blame it on the fact that it was in a football stadium, but every Final Four since has done it without anything approaching that nightmare. Even the game on the aircraft carrier was higher quality.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It's been really weird watching Kemba play this year, basically every shot he takes is a good one

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jack's Flow posted:

It's a shame, he's sort of ruined evrything since they banked on him being the threeasfour who could keep a strong defense with whatever stretch 4 they threw in, plus make threes. He was supposed to be a long armed jack of all trades but he's not good enough at all trades, they need more talent and for John Wall to not take Bradley "eric Gordon" Beal's ocntract personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Criminal Minded posted:

dang

• Locked thread