Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Somebody at SE hosed up and selected a good list of campaigns for next month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

quote:

Chain Experience Bonus Campaign
Chain Capacity Point Bonus Campaign
Chain Monstrosity Bonus Campaign
Abyssea Campaign
Wildskeeper Reive Campaign - PLUS!
Alter Ego Expo Campaign HQ
Skirmish Stone and Arcane Glyptics Campaign
Skirmish Frenzy Campaign - PLUS!
High-Tier Mission Battlefield Campaign
Special Dial Campaign
Dynamis Granules of Time Campaign

Jesus christ

Okay, one more month I guess.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Are any of you on shiva?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Are any of you on shiva?

Goonshell and anyone that matters is on asura, its the defacto server to jump to.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How long would it take me to relevel this far if I made a character on asura?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Nothing is 75 or 99, so no merits or even limit breaks. With people explaining what to do, easily in a week.
With someone setting up a cleave... within a day.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What's the thing that can make you run faster, aka at a not crazy slow speed. Didn't it have something to do with windower?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Carmant posted:

What's the thing that can make you run faster, aka at a not crazy slow speed. Didn't it have something to do with windower?

They have some automated checks now so it's a lot easier to get banned for speed hacking than it used to be. Generally not worth the risk anymore.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

I started completely over fresh account and in 5 days played I have 2 99's and working on my 3rd. Trusts made this game a joke but an enjoyable one.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

Carmant posted:

Project Tako, but as mentioned it's not worth the risk.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kodilynn posted:

I started completely over fresh account and in 5 days played I have 2 99's and working on my 3rd. Trusts made this game a joke but an enjoyable one.

I, wait what? Seriously, I level stupid fast now compared to anything in the olden years, but that's kinda crazy fast.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006

Sprite141 posted:

I, wait what? Seriously, I level stupid fast now compared to anything in the olden years, but that's kinda crazy fast.

As long as you have high dps trusts and can play 8 hours a day (heh) it's kind of not hard. The first 99 took longer since I didn't have all the trusts unlocked. Once I did it's been a joke of a breeze. I can do 1-70 in about 4-5 hours with the trusts. It slows down significantly after that. Mind you, that's with DD/Tank classes. Caster classes are slower only because I've had to melee first to get the trusts to engage. I was just following a guide on reddit for sticking with VT/IT mobs zone by zone with pages and it's been crazy fast.

In terms of Trusts, I rotate caster DPS so they never run out of mana. They empty their buckets on 3-4 mobs, release/resummons the next one, and just repeat so stuff just explodes. With Zeid II, Lion II, Shantoto, Ajido-Marujido, and Semih it's insane how quick poo poo dies. I barely get one hit in and stuff dies instantly until around 65.

Kodilynn fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 28, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I made a new character with the same name on asura, just hanging around bagpipe town and killing wildlife now.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I need a pearl and also someone to help me with windhurst 3-2

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

CubsWoo posted:

They usually go balls deep for 11 because FF11 heh get it 11 month and 11th game very clever, S-E

Carmant posted:

There is projecttako and clipper. First one is free, 2nd one is not.

Don't listen to Tanag. He's not hip about fun-having, crank that poo poo up.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 29, 2016

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

They usually go balls deep for 11 because FF11 heh get it 11 month and 11th game very clever, S-E

There is projecttako and clipper. First one is free, 2nd one is not.

That said, be careful. SE likes to ban people in one huge pile all at once. Use sneak and in is and make sure your trusts are desummoned so you can run at sonic speeds with less risk of being seen by anyone that could report you.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Today has been good. I got my goldsmith torque, a (useless) ilvl 119 from the free wanted dial, bought a fire spirit scroll for 120k and got a rancorous cloak drop. Which I assume is good?

Now I'm just farming merits to increase my level cap again. Is there a kind of merit farming thing you can do? Cause that would be awsome.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'm gonna be idling in bagpipe town while I work on some other stuff. If anyone who can invite to the linkshell is on, just make noises at me until I notice.

Edit: South bagpipe town, by the exit to west ronfaure

brand engager fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 29, 2016

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Trusts are pretty good

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

LiquidFriend posted:

It's true. I am the fun police :smith:

In reality I've just invested so much into my character I'm super paranoid to lose it.

Given how easy the game is now though, if you don't have a REM or don't care you may as well go hog wild.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
As far as starting over on Asura goes, it may take you a week or so of really casual play initially to get all your key items, missions, limit breaks, and job unlocks taken care of, but those are actually a decent amount of fun especially if you have someone helping you along with them.

Once you have all of the basics out of the way you can level from 1-99 in literally 1 hour if you have someone doing a good cleave for you during the chain XP bonus campaign, 3-4 hours if the campaign isn't currently going on.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

keep it down up there! posted:

It's true. I am the fun police :smith:

In reality I've just invested so much into my character I'm super paranoid to lose it.

Given how easy the game is now though, if you don't have a REM or don't care you may as well go hog wild.
Outside of like Ergon weapons (since coalitions take forever), nothing is hard to get anymore. Gil is super easy to make and you can buy anything with gil, so go hog wild.

Just turn on detection if you're going to give 300% effort. :)

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
After playing FFXIV since the 2.0 launch, I've regressed and begun playing FFXI for the first time.

I'm playing on a preabyssia private server called Nasomi with some fellow FFXIV peeps. It's a longshot, but does anyone else play on it?

It's actually pretty cool coming from XIV, everything takes forever, but it also seems to give larger rewards.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SerCypher posted:

After playing FFXIV since the 2.0 launch, I've regressed and begun playing FFXI for the first time.

I'm playing on a preabyssia private server called Nasomi with some fellow FFXIV peeps. It's a longshot, but does anyone else play on it?

It's actually pretty cool coming from XIV, everything takes forever, but it also seems to give larger rewards.

I think everyone in this thread is on the official servers, which have seen numerous QoL improvements and greatly eased leveling progression.

Since you've never touched FFXI, playing in a pre-Abyssea environment might be interesting for you to see what FFXI was like in "the glory days" where every level you gained past single-digits was a hellish grind and you had to party to get anything but the most basic poo poo done. (This is assuming that Nasomi's emulation is accurate; I've never played on it.)

FFXI vs. FFXIV, much like EQ vs. WoW, is a clear example of "classic" vs. "modern" MMO design.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

DizzyBum posted:

I think everyone in this thread is on the official servers, which have seen numerous QoL improvements and greatly eased leveling progression.

Since you've never touched FFXI, playing in a pre-Abyssea environment might be interesting for you to see what FFXI was like in "the glory days" where every level you gained past single-digits was a hellish grind and you had to party to get anything but the most basic poo poo done. (This is assuming that Nasomi's emulation is accurate; I've never played on it.)

FFXI vs. FFXIV, much like EQ vs. WoW, is a clear example of "classic" vs. "modern" MMO design.

Yeah! I am seeing that.

I'm playing with quite a few veterans, so they all seem to know where to go for leveling and such. Yesterday we made it to the infamous dunes (I'd heard about the dunes for over a decade, even though I never played the game).

It was pretty fun, it was such an elaborate process to kill a single lizard. We were all yelling at each other to provoke before we died. Compared to FFXIV it seemed really grindy, but then I realized those 20 lizards had leveled me from 14-16.

Then of course we got bold and in our hubris pulled a goblin. It ended poorly.

Anyway we'll see how long I enjoy it, but it has a wierd charm.

SerCypher fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 7, 2016

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
drat, that brings me back. You're definitely getting an authentic experience of classic FFXI!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I don't think even the private servers will give you the true old FFXI experience, as they do their own tweaks. Classic FFXI is a thing that is fortunately long dead.

Old time endgame was pretty loving awful.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Che?! That was my name! And it looks like she's a Mithra too! :mad:

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
About a year ago I played on Nasomi and it somewhat worked and was fun, but all it really did was make me want to play live more because I was playing solo for the most part. That and BST was pretty bugged and had to eat a death if they messed up otherwise they'd crash the entire server. Also some level 99 mobs had apparently bugged their way onto the server and made some areas a even bigger nightmare to get by.

A lot of people on Nasomi are pretty friendly tho and generally will help you and party up with you to do things.

Lant fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 8, 2016

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lant posted:

About a year ago I played on Nasomi and it somewhat worked and was fun, but all it really did was make me want to play live more because I was playing solo for the most part. That and BST was pretty bugged and had to eat a death if they messed up otherwise they'd crash the entire server. Also some level 99 mobs had apparently bugged their way onto the server and made some areas a even bigger nightmare to get by.

A lot of people on Nasomi are pretty friendly tho and generally will help you and party up with you to do things.

It has seemed pretty active so far. There are 300-500 people on most nights (I'm not sure how populated retail servers are). There have been people around to help. Last night someone in their 40's ran around and killed ghouls for us so we could get our subjob items.

As for authenticity, Everything is supposedly 'as it was' except for a new hub area. I also think Nasomi is starting to add his own little additions to the servers. There are some NMs and other things that no one had seen before.

Everyone keeps telling me samurai is the most horrible job quest ever, so we'll see how that goes. Currently I just need more money, at least I have my thf support job now. Coming from FFXIV I like that support jobs are a way bigger deal. Cross Class skills are very lame in comparison.

Edit: I forgot something funny that happened. A lvl 60 RDM level synced down and was killing crabs with us. Then he pulled a 2nd crab without telling us and died. He just left the party immediately and wouldn't talk to us anymore. When I saw him next he was a lvl 59 red mage. Sorry Mr Red Mage!

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
The "Level Down..." animation and sound makes me giggle every time it happens.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTIwBDNDO4M

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

SerCypher posted:

Edit: I forgot something funny that happened. A lvl 60 RDM level synced down and was killing crabs with us. Then he pulled a 2nd crab without telling us and died. He just left the party immediately and wouldn't talk to us anymore. When I saw him next he was a lvl 59 red mage. Sorry Mr Red Mage!

Lol that means his hat fell off, I'd be mad too

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
who should i message or w/e to join the linkshell?

dragonwagon is my chars name

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Office Surprise Store posted:

who should i message or w/e to join the linkshell?

dragonwagon is my chars name

Joobacca, Frod, Cubswoo, Kadian, Kaiyen, Spengler, and some others I am forgetting. Good luck, sometimes it is hard to find a goon who is not logged off or afk.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

WarMECH posted:

Thanks for posting it, getting a lot of use out of it on social media this morning.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

WarMECH posted:

By far the most rage-inducing sound effect in all of video gaming history.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh man these monthly login rewards.

Two new rings, one being a 150% exp boost and the other capacity. Both are infinite uses. Also shantotto II is back for those of us who missed her.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Upcoming poo poo includes af 119 +2 and +3 and relic equivalent for each craft.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Oh man these monthly login rewards.

Two new rings, one being a 150% exp boost and the other capacity. Both are infinite uses. Also shantotto II is back for those of us who missed her.

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize Shantotto II was back again. How do you get her?

And yeah, those unlimited EXP/CP rings are great. Glad I'm able to get all this before my sub runs out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
She's like 500 login points