Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Haha the guy posted it under the username "KindaRattled."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Leon Einstein posted:

These people think it's unreasonable to have a problem with that? She already hosed him when he drove her home drunk, duh.

my wife is coming home at 3 am, flirting with other men and tells me my feelings are invalid. should i be upset?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I call all women* beautiful and lover and boo.

*that I want to gently caress or am loving.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Where did he find young desperate females? Asking for a friend.

poke around a methadone clinic

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

don't be a sucker

I am certain that this is not even the first time this has happened to this poor sap.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

That guy lives at Cuckingham Palace

This made me laugh, thanks.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i can't tell if the dude has no respect for himself or if he lacks any sort of emotional awareness

either way, his wife has done nothing to conceal her (obvious) affair

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah the only thing that leaves me feeling good about that story is the knowledge that there's no way he's getting bad advice in the comments

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This is such a clear-cut get divorced situation. Getting wasted with co-workers, not picking up the phone, showing up late, loving texts etc.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I love how many of these postings always bury the lede, which always tells that the person writing them must lack emotional awareness.

My girlfriend is using petnames with a co-worker, should this bother me?

P.S. They also spent one late night alone together where she ignored my existence and are making plans to do it again.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

kuddles posted:

I love how many of these postings always bury the lede, which always tells that the person writing them must lack emotional awareness.

My girlfriend is using petnames with a co-worker, should this bother me?

P.S. They also spent one late night alone together where she ignored my existence and are making plans to do it again.

and also blatantly lied about the "making plans to do it again" part. Like drat I feel like it's rare to see something so open-and-shut like this right off the bat.

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

I'm 5'0 and wow. I don't even know what apple shaped is.

A former coworker of mine submitted her photo (didn't make it in) for this project at 5'0" and 175+ pounds as professional body builder:

https://height-weight-chart.com/

It's interesting to see how different bodies hold weight differently, especially for my super common height of 5'3" and how different 110-150 look compared to what you'd expect. Unsurprisingly, once you get over 200+ at 5'0" and shorter, you get a lot of belly dancing pictures.

It's actually really depressing to me that, of the unhealthy relationships I see in my personal life, the underweight women overwhelmingly think they're too fat and will have "cheat days" for a glass of wine after an hour of spin class so their SOs won't leave them. Meanwhile, a lot of bigger girls I know will project their insecurities about their weight onto their partners and join creepily close groups dedicated to belly dancing, burlesque and other quasi "empowered" groups to flirt with single guys.

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007

quote:

My [21F] boyfriend [24M] wants to break up because he doesn't like me enough to marry and have kids with me

Me and my boyfriend are doing long distance right now, and would be doing it for the foreseeable future (depends where our education/jobs take us). He ignored me for 3 days and today I asked him what's up.

He said that he isn't sure if he likes me 'enough' as I like him very much and do so much for him, and is thinking if he doesn't like me enough to continue on being with me as he doesn't do much for me.

He then continued with saying he still likes me a lot, and thinks he would regret it if we just became friends but not sure yet. Also said that he can't really see a future (marriage, kids) future with me and that's what's making him think he doesn't like me 'enough'.

My problem with this is - not only have we dated for only 6 months, but, we are still both so young. Honestly speaking he isn't someone I can see myself MARRYING, but isn't that normal for our age + duration of relationship??? Like doesn't the thought of marriage, kids, the whole nine yards come later on, not something you base your relationship off early on???

I'm feeling kind of weird because I don't know if it's just bullshit. Having said everything, I also feel kind of hurt he says he can't see a future with me to that extent (even though I can't either).

I don't know how to make of this because he seems pretty sure about his thoughts. How should I handle this situation? I don't want to persuade him into staying but I think if the reason for leaving is because he can't see himself marrying me, that it's kind of... not worth it? Especially as we are very happy together. What should I be thinking? Is he being weird?? Should I fight for it or just let it go... because if someone is doubting the relationship you can't really do anything about it anymore anyway right?

TLDR: BF wants to dump me because he can't see himself marrying me and having children with me. I am hurt but don't see that as a reason to leave especially as we've been only dating half a year and still very young.

Seems pretty obvious to me, it's an LDR and he doesn't like you that much and wants to do you a favor, why is this so hard for you lady? You dumb or something? Oh, wait:

OP replies posted:

Does it make a difference that we are in an open relationship? Just up until last week we were chatting and even sexting as normal. I just dont know what changed.

lmao there it is

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

kuddles posted:

Actually, it reads like the truth to me: It's a regular straight dude who is being a creep and not even trying to hide it.

EDIT: I looked up the posting to see if he even tried wearing women's clothing, and apparently it was updated and, big surprise, he's a terrible right-wing rear end in a top hat. (Bob is now PBH.)

Wow, "Princess Banana Hammock" is really hosed up and transphobic. They really need to check themselves and let Bob just do her thing in private like is her right.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Ok, here's some poo poo:

I [29M] want to break up with my girlfriend [16F] without upsetting her
Yesterday, he posted:

Me [29 M] with my GF [16 F] Is the age difference to much?

And over the last 10 days he has posted:

Males, how different is self masturbation to sex with a female?

Males, What are the pros and cons of getting a girlfriend? What have your girlfriend experiences been like?

Males, where is the best place to meet young desperate females?

Males who use tinder, how much success have you had so far meeting females? What tips would you give to fellow males?

Guys, when having sex with girls from tinder, do you use a condom and why?

[Washington] Can I legally get consent for sex if I am 29 and she is 16 but still in school?

Guys, how is anal sex compared compared to vaginal?

[oral] Girlfriend [16F] wants me [29M] to give her oral.

What is the easiest least upsetting way to break up with your girlfriend?

love to go down the rabbit hole of potentially juicy reddit accounts' post histories.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That guy lives at Cuckingham Palace

:lol: a good cuck joke :golfclap:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Girlfriend [33F] won't let me [30M] see her phone?

quote:

We've been dating for a year and a half, We were together in bed watching TV and suddenly she caught me looking through her phone, I saw she was texting on WhatsApp and she got really upset because she said I don't respect her privacy, that everytime we're together I spy her texting!

I said "Why are you so angry? There's no need! If you're so angry now maybe you're cheating on me, I think you're texting other guys!"

She said "I never look through what you're texting and I always respect your privacy!"

Anyway I'm ok we don't share each other email and social media passwords, I never asked to see her phone neither she, I respect her privacy and she respects mine.

I know respecting your partner's privacy is crucial to a successful relationship but I can't trust her after that, we had a fight and I left her place! I think she's cheating on me!

tl;dr: Girlfriend won't let me see her phone! Deal breaker?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dirtbag Diva posted:

A former coworker of mine submitted her photo (didn't make it in) for this project at 5'0" and 175+ pounds as professional body builder:

https://height-weight-chart.com/

It's interesting to see how different bodies hold weight differently, especially for my super common height of 5'3" and how different 110-150 look compared to what you'd expect. Unsurprisingly, once you get over 200+ at 5'0" and shorter, you get a lot of belly dancing pictures.

It's actually really depressing to me that, of the unhealthy relationships I see in my personal life, the underweight women overwhelmingly think they're too fat and will have "cheat days" for a glass of wine after an hour of spin class so their SOs won't leave them. Meanwhile, a lot of bigger girls I know will project their insecurities about their weight onto their partners and join creepily close groups dedicated to belly dancing, burlesque and other quasi "empowered" groups to flirt with single guys.

Being involved in burlesque and etc is the biggest loving red flag. Empowered my rear end. It is about seeking validation that you are sexually attractive. If you were in a happy monogamous relationship, why exactly would you need that?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
^^Roller derby too. I dunno. Like I said, I'm 5'0, I'm a lil chubby but I'm also very athletic and in my opinion, carry myself pretty drat well because I'm active in weightlifting and swimming. I guess girls who are big are just looking to prove their sexuality in a society that tells them they're ugly and not sexy because of their weight. I find those communities a little cringeworthy myself because the women I know involved with them are always overly sexual to a point where it's totally obnoxious but whatever, I just avoid it. Then again I'm in a very loving and totally awesome marriage so the only person I'm interested in impressing is my husband so.

quote:

My girlfriend (32) still allows her 14 year old daughter to sleep in her bed (3-4 days a week)
I strongly feel like this is going to become a major case of co-dependency. We've had a few arguments about it and she feels she's a good mother who's raising an independent child. Maybe I'm from a dysfunctional family... I don't know.
My girlfriend is extremely submissive to me. The dynamic suits my own personality very much except when the needs she has messes up a kid, that, I just can't deal with.
I just want/need either a second opinion or reality check here.
Tldr: is there anything wrong with a mom who's ok with her 14 year old sleeping in her bed 3-4 days a week?

Lol this relationship is totally doomed

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Nov 8, 2016

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sorry for the double post and maybe since this is relationships subreddit thread it's not appropriate but I just stumbled upon a subreddit that psychologists would go loving mental for. One of the threads is:
Need advice. Cum is not normal, and doctors aren't helping

And another is

I was Elliot Rodger...sorta

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Nov 8, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Pick posted:

Being involved in burlesque and etc is the biggest loving red flag. Empowered my rear end. It is about seeking validation that you are sexually attractive. If you were in a happy monogamous relationship, why exactly would you need that?

I don't think it's that weird, people like to be desirable and validation is a good thing as long as it doesn't go overboard. Saying that though burlesque always has seemed kind of strange to me, but I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Sorry for the double post and maybe since this is relationships subreddit thread it's not appropriate but I just stumbled upon a subreddit that psychologists would go loving mental for. One of the threads is:
Need advice. Cum is not normal, and doctors aren't helping

Yo post this poo poo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol reading through that post history, it wasn't until the second time that I actually caught "Males, where is the best place to meet young desperate females?"

Good lord...

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
So, uh... where can you find these rather sexual roller derby girls? I'm asking for a friend.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Charles Get-Out posted:

I don't think it's that weird, people like to be desirable and validation is a good thing as long as it doesn't go overboard. Saying that though burlesque always has seemed kind of strange to me, but I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Yo post this poo poo

It's pretty :nms: just a heads up its not really funny but the title certainly was eye catching ...
Hey guys. I've got an issue I need some advice on. And before anyone asks, I've already seen 2 urologists about this.
First off, I've had pretty intense varicocele my whole life. With it has come some dull, achey pain, and some days, it's hard just to walk. My urologist (at the time) said this was completely normal, and to medicate the pain with Ibuprofen or whatever. I've mostly just gritted my teeth and bore it, because I didn't want to live the rest of my life on Ibuprofen (I'm only 29).
Over the last month, the pain in my left testicle/groin has gotten a bit worse, and my jizz has been dark brown. I know this is "old blood" somehow coming out with my ejaculate. Last week, the pain was bad enough that it hurt simply to move, so I went to the ER. They did an ultrasound and found no torsion, no epididymitis, nothing but a varicocele (which the doctor felt necessary to inform me of, even after I told her I knew I had it). She referred me to urologist who I saw today.
I explained my symptoms, and the nurse poked and prodded my groin and nutsack. She told me that I did, in fact, have varicocele (again, why is everyone telling me this like I don't know?). She then left for a couple of minutes and then came back and told me I was fine and had no reason to worry. I got a bit flustered and reiterated that I am ejaculating blood without having recently experienced any trauma to my groin, and I've been ejaculating blood for 4 weeks now, AND my testicular pain has grown exponentially over the past month. She got this look on her face that basically said "Oh, you poor baby" and then she said, and I quote "Well, there's nothing we can do about it. Dr. Blah has been a urologist for 20 years, and he's not concerned. I'm not concerned."
She did admit that I was right, and that ejaculating blood isn't "normal," but she told me there was no reason to worry. She then added that there's no way the blood could be coming from my varicocele (something I never even suggested in the first place), so then I asked her where else it could come from. Her exact words were, "I really don't know. Perhaps the prostate?" I just kind of sat in disbelief that after talking to 2 urologists, and a trip to the ER, the best I'm getting is "idk, but you really need to stop freaking out." I've given urine samples that all appear to be clean, but no one's given me a prostate exam or taken any blood for anything.
Ejaculation itself is still pretty pleasurable, with no tinge of pain, but almost immediately afterward, I feel a burning sensation in my left groin/nut (which I've told to ever doctor I've seen about this).
Has anyone else heard of having a problem like this? Has anyone dealt with it? I just want to stop cumming blood. Why is that so hard to fix? Why is everyone acting like this is no big deal?
58 commentsshare

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Psycho Society posted:

So, uh... where can you find these rather sexual roller derby girls? I'm asking for a friend.

At the roller derby I'd assume

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

^^Roller derby too. I dunno. Like I said, I'm 5'0, I'm a lil chubby but I'm also very athletic and in my opinion, carry myself pretty drat well because I'm active in weightlifting and swimming. I guess girls who are big are just looking to prove their sexuality in a society that tells them they're ugly and not sexy because of their weight. I find those communities a little cringeworthy myself because the women I know involved with them are always overly sexual to a point where it's totally obnoxious but whatever, I just avoid it. Then again I'm in a very loving and totally awesome marriage so the only person I'm interested in impressing is my husband so.

I think that these communities do not address the core problem. I think that the core problem is people feeling like they are not good enough, and being told that they are not good enough. I think a lot of them need to have better communication with their partners, and to feel wanted and sexually desirable. But ultimately, rubbing your titties in somebody's face doesn't address broader issues that relate to people's appearance, and the huge glut of marketing techniques that are designed to make people feel bad about themselves.it is not just women, I think that a lot of men also are out seeking validation because their partners do not make a point to make them feel appealing and wanted. I would not say that the pressures are equal, but I think that marketing is a really insidious force and it affects everyone in really dark ways.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

But ultimately, rubbing your titties in somebody's face doesn't address broader issues that relate to people's appearance

Is this what burlesque is????

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol reading through that post history, it wasn't until the second time that I actually caught "Males, where is the best place to meet young desperate females?"

Good lord...
I like reading through that list and coming up with a narrative for the dude. 29 year old virgin with huge social issues finally decides he wants to try out this sex thing, doesn't want to change his pathetic life to impress anyone so tries to find an underage girl with self-esteem issues, but after her refusal to do anal and request that he give oral decides that this whole girlfriend thing is too much of a hassle for him.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Burlesque is stripping without any of the redeeming features and Burlesque dancers are strippers without any of the good qualities.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

Is this what burlesque is????

It is basically testing the tensile strength of the fabric in your corset while you croon, "maybe you can see my vagina, probably not, but maybe you could, but also maybe not"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Good lord...
still thinking about this....It's certainly common for guys to purposely go after "desperate women", but is it that often that they are self-aware enough to admit that it's their actual plan, let alone articulate it for others to read? Like, subconsciously choosing places to go where they might encounter the less-discerning happens every day I'm sure, but he's so straightforward, affixing "desperate" onto his preferences the way another might add extra cheese to their burger order.

*this space reserved for a joke where I imply that I come to GBS to meet women while not also being depressingly believable based on this place's track record*

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

I think that these communities do not address the core problem. I think that the core problem is people feeling like they are not good enough, and being told that they are not good enough. I think a lot of them need to have better communication with their partners, and to feel wanted and sexually desirable. But ultimately, rubbing your titties in somebody's face doesn't address broader issues that relate to people's appearance, and the huge glut of marketing techniques that are designed to make people feel bad about themselves.it is not just women, I think that a lot of men also are out seeking validation because their partners do not make a point to make them feel appealing and wanted. I would not say that the pressures are equal, but I think that marketing is a really insidious force and it affects everyone in really dark ways.

i don't have to post anything in this thread because this is my opinion and pick already said it.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

still thinking about this....It's certainly common for guys to purposely go after "desperate women", but is it that often that they are self-aware enough to admit that it's their actual plan, let alone articulate it for others to read? Like, subconsciously choosing places to go where they might encounter the less-discerning happens every day I'm sure, but he's so straightforward, affixing "desperate" onto his preferences the way another might add extra cheese to their burger order.

*this space reserved for a joke where I imply that I come to GBS to meet women while not also being depressingly believable based on this place's track record*

And the fact he's looking for YOUNG desperate women. How predatory is this guy. I wonder if her even actually realizes how truly loving creepy he is.
i stumbled across the other subreddit I was talking about looking for his thread so I could gape in awe at the trainwreck

Also I agree, Pick

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

And the fact he's looking for YOUNG desperate women. How predatory is this guy. I wonder if her even actually realizes how truly loving creepy he is.
i stumbled across the other subreddit I was talking about looking for his thread so I could gape in awe at the trainwreck

Also I agree, Pick
Yeah no doubt his google history would fill in gaps in his story, "what is the age of consent in florida?" or something would certainly be in there.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The guy obviously has cripplingly low self-esteem, you can tell that from the point near the start where he wants to break up with his teenage girlfriend because he's not good enough for her (he's probably right, but that's not the kind of thing someone with a healthy self-image would think about themselves). You have to be desperate to want anything to do with him, so he's looking for desperate girls, but he wants them young because he's a loving creeper, and God knows how loving crazy you'd have to be to be quantifiably desperate before the age of 20 of course.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I really wish I could read this guy's post history, but I think he deleted his account and all the comments are gone.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

As someone who's been really involved in roller derby (men's leagues, women's leagues, USARS, WFTDA, whatever) for the better part of a decade now, I'd say that while a lot of women join up initially to feel sexy or whatever, the ones that stick with it 99.99% of the time just realized how fun being a dedicated athlete can be. It's hard, body-punishing work, and anyone who sticks with it enough to even play in a single bout has put in a shitload of time working with a team and individually.

I see this stereotype a lot, and like yeah, it is definitely why some people start skating (and why a lot of first-time fans show up) but just loving lol if you look at any of the ridiculous athleticism on display in the world championship over the weekend and think they just want to flash their tits around or whatever.

Dirtbag Diva
May 27, 2005

Pick posted:

This but also it seems like these communities go out of their way to call what they're doing "empowering". Like, learning to strip for your partner or doing pole-dance classes is what exploited skinny white girls do while burlesque purports to be about "celebrating the female form". There's nothing wrong with being happy you're attractive and embracing that attraction but the amount of mental (and vocal) gymnastics I hear people in that culture go through to make what they do more noble than stripping just shows how deep-rooted a lot of the internalized misogyny regarding sex work goes.

Alternative theory: They watched Breakfast at Tiffany's and want to do the white girl thing of pretending they're Audrey Hepburn but through the strip club scene and ignore the fact she's a prostitute in the original short story.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

As someone who's been really involved in roller derby (men's leagues, women's leagues, USARS, WFTDA, whatever) for the better part of a decade now, I'd say that while a lot of women join up initially to feel sexy or whatever, the ones that stick with it 99.99% of the time just realized how fun being a dedicated athlete can be. It's hard, body-punishing work, and anyone who sticks with it enough to even play in a single bout has put in a shitload of time working with a team and individually.

I see this stereotype a lot, and like yeah, it is definitely why some people start skating (and why a lot of first-time fans show up) but just loving lol if you look at any of the ridiculous athleticism on display in the world championship over the weekend and think they just want to flash their tits around or whatever.

I always thought of it as rugby on skates. Is that accurate at all? I had no idea there even were men's leagues. Part of my heart wanted to believe roller derby was solely the province of hard-eyed punk lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

food court bailiff posted:

Oh man yeah, it's intense! I can't remember the name but I caught the majority of a documentary on derby culture and it's is definitely interesting. I think the people your referring to are the ones who stay, my town isn't huge so it's definitely not the rule in anyway but there's a decently high dropout rate.

Also I think there's a hard sell on derby being a great way to feel badass and if you're someone who has low self confidence that's perfect