Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, I could give a gently caress, but don't you think it's a little on the nose for old white perceptions of people protesting their views?

The problem is the intolerant bigots, not the people that they can't stand and refuse to treat as equals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

The problem is the intolerant bigots, not the people that they can't stand and refuse to treat as equals.

I never said the communist was a problem???

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chichevache posted:

The best part is Colin isn't even doing anything. White America is so worked up they can't stop paying attention even though they want people to stop paying attention. It's kind of beautiful.

I also enjoy the crossover of people sick of "outage culture" losing their minds over the anthem protests.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I never said the communist was a problem???

Then what are you trying to say?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Then what are you trying to say?

That from the perspective of the white assholes frothing over Kaepernick... OF COURSE the protestor supporting him is a communist.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Communism has always been on the side of black rights. I don't know how much that has to do with mutual hate of Rich Whitey but they've always been down with the movements

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Communism has always been on the side of black rights. I don't know how much that has to do with mutual hate of Rich Whitey but they've always been down with the movements

Race is a lie created by proto-capitalists to divide poor white workers and poor non-white workers.

edit

One of my favorite history professors described human history as "people meeting and having sex everywhere". Hell, one of our most enduring cultural heroes went on voyages specifically to seduce different kinds of strange.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

Have they? I know the wobblies in Washington State got their start by inciting a lot of anti Chinese sentiment (because ports were hiring Chinese dock workers willing to work for a lot less than what the standard pay was for their white counterparts).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Have they? I know the wobblies in Washington State got their start by inciting a lot of anti Chinese sentiment (because ports were hiring Chinese dock workers willing to work for a lot less than what the standard pay was for their white counterparts).

I hope you're right because I'm just floating around this thread waiting for a chance to talk about Hoover and I think that gets me closer to the goal.

e: On reflection Spoeank's post gives me free reign anyway. I am giving forums poster African Aids Cum a list of 200+ posters who are card carrying communists should he buy out his ban.

Hmm, this doesn't seem as damaging around here as it was back then.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 19, 2016

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

read native son for some hot communistxblack action

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

The Wobblies were also one of the first unions to allow blacks, as well. The Commies have always been down with Black Rights once they got rightly organized with a unifying message for *all* laborers. It only intensified as civil rights and the cold war rolled on, too. The government feared MLK not only because he was down for black rights but they were afraid they were going to turn all the black people into card carrying communists.

The USSR kinda hoped that would happen too

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm just glad that my team, the Tennessee Titans, has never made news for shaming a black quarterback over personal expression.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

“I think it’s the wrong venue,” Irsay said. “It hasn’t been a positive thing. What we all have to be aware of as players, owners, PR people, equipment managers, is when the lights go on we are entertainment. We are being paid to put on a show. There are other places to express yourself.”

Reminder, Jim Irsay is a spoiled rich kid, who literally had a billion dollar business handed to him by his daddy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I cant stand it when equipment managers forget that they're putting on a show

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Reminder, Jim Irsay is a spoiled rich kid, who literally had a billion dollar business handed to him by his daddy.

Why even speak to this when people already suspect Cromartie was let go for kneeling?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

30 for 30: Bernie Bro and a Sick Afro - The Colin Kaepernick Story

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
From Stugotz's Weekend Observations:

"Following a 6 to 6 tie in primetime, we have Brock Osweiler vs. Trevor Simien and then Jags Titans on Thursday. But the bad ratings are all Kaepernick's fault."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

swickles posted:

"Following a 6 to 6 tie in primetime, we have Brock Osweiler vs. Trevor Simien and then Jags Titans on Thursday. But the bad ratings are all Kaepernick's fault."

hahaha that's perfect

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

loving lol if you're not fully erect upon conclusion of a tie game in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

swickles posted:

ESPN.com posted:

Jeff Legwold
ESPN Senior Writer

With 21 seconds left in first quarter Broncos offense still looking for a first down.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

loving lol if you're not fully erect upon conclusion of a tie game in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Sure a tie is hilarious but the three and a half hours prior to that were horrendous (not that I watched the game)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kaep took advantage of the bye week to hold his "I Know My Rights" camp, a camp he and some friends planned and pulled off by themselves for kids in Oakland

Each kid got a shirt with 10 rights listed (You have the right to be free, healthy, brilliant, safe, loved, courageous, alive, trusted, educated, and to know your rights)

quote:

"We're here today to fight back and give you all lessons to combat the oppressive issues that our people face on a daily basis. We're here to give you tools to help you succeed,” he said. “We're going to give you knowledge on policing history, what the systems of policing in America were based on, and we're also going to teach you skills to make sure you always make it home safely."

Colin continued, "We want to teach you today about financial literacy, how you can pursue higher education, how you can be physically fit and healthy. We will talk about police brutality, and what to do about it, but we also have lawyers, professors, health and fitness experts, because we want you to be able to live the life of your dreams."

For the next several hours, the kids would attend smaller breakout sessions with leaders and experts challenging them to create powerful new habits for success. Not a single workshop was about sports, but instead they were all about essential life skills that would prepare the kids for a world that often treats people of color with an incredible harshness.

Kaep posted:

As many of you know, I was adopted. As African-Americans in general, it's often hard to know where our ancestry, where our roots are. As someone that was adopted, for me, it has been even harder. All I ever really knew was that I was from Milwaukee, but recently, I took an Ancestry DNA test and discovered that my ancestors are from Ghana and Nigeria. It changed everything for me. It helped me know that my history did not begin with being adopted. It did not begin with slavery. It's even part of why I wear this Afro now. I'm not going to hide who I am.

I want all of you to know what I know, so when you leave, in your bag, you'll see the forms where each and every one of you can discover your ancestry through your DNA for free. We've taken care of that for each of you. I want you to know what I know and know where you came from before slavery, before this oppression that we are experiencing, before police brutality, you had thousands of years of rich history and I want you to know your roots with that history.

Kaepernick is really cool and I hope he continues to do good long after he's gone from this terrible sport

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chris James 2 posted:

Kaep took advantage of the bye week to hold his "I Know My Rights" camp, a camp he and some friends planned and pulled off by themselves for kids in Oakland

Each kid got a shirt with 10 rights listed (You have the right to be free, healthy, brilliant, safe, loved, courageous, alive, trusted, educated, and to know your rights)

Kaepernick is really cool and I hope he continues to do good long after he's gone from this terrible sport

That's beautiful and it is really sad that people in this country can't see what he's trying to do.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
while those are not technically rights in any way that's really cool

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/Eric_Branch/status/796093362709200900?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

get ready for the hottest loving takes :munch:

Nov 6, 2002

oh gently caress

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN

*stands outside voting site in black majority district with AK47 slung over shoulder*

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Huh, so to make an impact on the system, you don't vote. I see.

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN

*stands outside voting site in black majority district with AK47 slung over shoulder*

If only you were kidding.

https://twitter.com/AndrewKragie/status/796070316393058304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I absolutely wasn't kidding

lol I live just west of Spring

Is that dude wearing KISS armor?

Nov 6, 2002

:allears:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's fantastic

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

He looks like Chip in a bad Trump disguise :tinfoil:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Gruden QB Camp gettin' weird up in here

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Him and Killer Mike

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Kaep isn't wrong, voting is pointless.

Beefcake the Mighty is looking pretty good.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

I mean Kaep isn't wrong, voting is pointless.

If I have to hear one more person tell me it's my "civic duty" to vote I'm gonna lose my poo poo :argh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

This dude got arrested, fyi. Not sure why, but probably voter intimidation or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Fav reply so far is "Make America Shredder Again"

• Locked thread