Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I ordered my copy of the lore book two weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I got my amazon.fr codes today. New mount and outfits waiting at home. Hopefully they make it so I can wear the buttler suit in the future.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I dun it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Eopia posted:

I ordered my copy of the lore book two weeks ago and it still hasn't been shipped :negative:

They said that this batch won't be finished until the end of November.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Fister Roboto posted:

Ah, I see. This is the first time I've heard of this.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, they're literally having to print an entire new run for it.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

It's a fantastic book though. Totally worth the wait (but maybe not the $40 shipping some of y'all described)

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

It's a fantastic book though. Totally worth the wait (but maybe not the $40 shipping some of y'all described)

I've had mixed reactions. If you want a pretty book, it delivers. It's 300+ pages, it's hardbound, it's full color illustration and it's gorgeous. If you were looking for new insights into the setting you're going to mostly exhaust its potential after the first chapter.

A friend of mine asked after I got it if it's worth $50, and while I don't doubt it's worth $50 on cost to produce a book of that technical quality, the vast majority of the information is stuff you already know if you've been interested in the plot and setting up to this point.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Thanks, i'll have to remember to try that out once I get Raw Intuition.

You can do it with vengeance, it's just that raw intuition is preferred because it's a worse defensive cooldown and vengeance's cooldown is longer than berserk's.

One important thing to note is that it helps a lot to hit berserk in the second half of the gcd waiting period; using internal release first enforces that but if internal release is on cooldown you have to do it manually.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also never delay berserk to try to do a triple fell cleave. Every second that berserk is off cooldown is a dps loss.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
:toot:

The glow's a bit ostentatious, but at least it ain't... what was it, the old NovusNexus glow? The one that turned my axe into a hammer, and permanently scarred the retinas of SCH/SMN everywhere?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 8, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I have nexus glamoured on my book right now. I'll probably keep the sharpened book, because its glow is almost as ridiculous, though.

Tasty tasty radiation poisoning.

vvv: Yeah, that's the one :3:

Truga fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 8, 2016

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

SwissArmyDruid posted:

:toot:
The glow's a bit ostentatious, but at least it ain't... what was it, the old Novus glow? The one that turned my axe into a hammer, and permanently scarred the retinas of SCH/SMN everywhere?

:sun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3miofttdBhs

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Please be sure to go vote today if you live in the States.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I wrote-in a Merlwyb/Kan-e-senna ticket.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Write-in Tanaka on your ballot.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
If one of my favorite things to do in this game is send my retainers on ventures then is the squadron thing for me?

Or am I mistaken as to what squadrons are?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Anderron Shi posted:

If one of my favorite things to do in this game is send my retainers on ventures then is the squadron thing for me?

That's basically what the Squadron is right now, although you can't really get anything out of them until they hit level 40. Eventually they'll be expanding it to give the squadron members some personality and eventually even be able to take them on Dungeon runs with you instead of other players.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Anderron Shi posted:

Pretty much, except you generally know what you're going to get before you send them out. High level missions give you essentially the FC buffs in 2 hour consumable form, and squadron chemistries can give you gil, seals, MGP, clusters, materia, or scrip. And building your team and training them is a bit more involved than ventures.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Teledji Adeledji / Ilberd 2016

Make Eorzea great again

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I know I'm kinda late to this, but I too love Tank Privilege.

Rolled Thordan for trial roulette. Got lead on agro, then proceeded to not do anything for the rest of the fight. Two commendations.

Group of friends helping a buddy out with Nidhogg. Had to grab a single pubby. I was off-tank and hit no buttons after we got through the add phase, just to make the fight take longer. Got the one commendation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Best thing to come out of Blizzcon this year. :v:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5br05t/i_think_were_at_the_wrong_convention_guys/

Seriously, that DRG cosplay is really good. http://imgur.com/a/aJl9l

(Also, turns out Yoshi-P went to Blizzcon. Scouting the competition, I guess? https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5bmg2y/fanboyed_for_ffxiv_at_blizzcon/ )

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 8, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh so they did take the "TAKE PRE-ORDERS AND THEN MAKE ENOUGH TO FILL THEM :doom:" advice this time.

They just didn't... say they were doing that on the store or anything.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Have they figured out why you seem to keep getting recruits that you've dismissed in the past? I'm tired of telling the same potatoes and catboys I've seen five times to go away.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Brainamp posted:

I know I'm kinda late to this, but I too love Tank Privilege.

Rolled Thordan for trial roulette. Got lead on agro, then proceeded to not do anything for the rest of the fight. Two commendations.

Group of friends helping a buddy out with Nidhogg. Had to grab a single pubby. I was off-tank and hit no buttons after we got through the add phase, just to make the fight take longer. Got the one commendation.

Meanwhile over here in the dps ghetto, I'm literally the only dps alive alongside two tanks and a healer for half of Titan (Hard) and get only one commend.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

Have they figured out why you seem to keep getting recruits that you've dismissed in the past? I'm tired of telling the same potatoes and catboys I've seen five times to go away.

Didn't it come out that challenges are sorted in to categories, with a limited pool of recruits per category? If you mostly just do dungeon challenges and the like, you'll quickly rotate back to seeing old faces.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

I voted for Thordan.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Eopia posted:

Ah, I see. This is the first time I've heard of this.

It stated so in the email you got if you signed up for the mailing list, giving you a 48 hour window to pick it up before it went to the general public.

If you didn't though, then yeah, I haven't seen that info outside of the email.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Skaw posted:

Didn't it come out that challenges are sorted in to categories, with a limited pool of recruits per category? If you mostly just do dungeon challenges and the like, you'll quickly rotate back to seeing old faces.

This is how it works, yes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Skaw posted:

They are, but even then I get a huge turnover rate of the same people. I think I've seen that potato pugilist like five or six times since the first time I booted her, while others in the list haven't even shown up once.

Similarly, the Gold Saucer pool is so large it's bizarre I keep getting a lot of the same recruits.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Eopia posted:

Meanwhile over here in the dps ghetto, I'm literally the only dps alive alongside two tanks and a healer for half of Titan (Hard) and get only one commend.
Ever since I started parsing and using a dps overlay, I've found myself giving commendations to good dps more frequently. You start to get a feel for what numbers are good in a dungeon, and what numbers are not so hot.

In my experience, it is usually monks and summoners tanking the top spot in dungeons. Most of the 2200+ DPS people in gubal hard are always summoners, what with the megapulls you can do in there.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Ever since I started parsing and using a dps overlay, I've found myself giving commendations to good dps more frequently. You start to get a feel for what numbers are good in a dungeon, and what numbers are not so hot.

In my experience, it is usually monks and summoners tanking the top spot in dungeons. Most of the 2200+ DPS people in gubal hard are always summoners, what with the megapulls you can do in there.

Summoners have the best aoe hands down, while Monks have both good aoe and the best single target as I recall so that's no real surprise. I'm always mildly disappointed if a monk who isn't clearly outgeared isn't taking top spot in trails.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Give it to the mch because they're working for it.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Well, I could think of worse ways to spend my election night.

By the way, for anyone catching this in the next few minutes, this PF is active right now on Excalibur for anyone who shares my sentiment.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 9, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

That strikes me as really poor phrasing on the Archer chemistry.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just want to say that I deeply and sincerely regret all the stupid "Make Eorzea Great Again" jokes I've made in the past.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I just want to say that I deeply and sincerely regret all the stupid "Make Eorzea Great Again" jokes I've made in the past.

Nero is going to become the head of the Eorzean Alliance and I blame you exclusively.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
all those people you mocked at fan festival

look what happened

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
video games - real life consequences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you die in the game you die in real life.

• Locked thread