Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

I'm sure those are exactly the films all of those people are most famous for. Yup.

James Patrick "Jim" Caviezel is an American actor, best known for portraying Jesus Christ in the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ.

The first one seems dead on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

ZenMaster posted:

What is the name of that security hallway thingy that opens on one side and you have to close the first door before you can open the second door?

A mantrap (or sally port)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantrap_(access_control)

Ponzi fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Nov 8, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the lazrin thread

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Outlander is a bad movie but the hero forges his sword from a piece of crashed spaceship hull, and that's neater than anything I've read from Star Citizen.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Maw posted:

A mantrap?

aw yiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

and this, thank you both!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Decrepus posted:

After reading an unreleated thread I have determined that Derek Smart puts "salad cream" on his ham sandwiches and I intend to continue this investigation over the next few weeks.

I always assumed salad cream was a just name for mayonnaise from a culture that wasn't good at naming things

like "brown sauce" or "spotted dick"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Propagandist posted:

If you don't know Ron Perlman from Quest for Fire as the most physiologically perfect specimen of a caveman ever then you can just gently caress right off

Yeah he definitely has neanderthal genes in him.

And Jack Huston has such a harmless looking face when he's not wearing that psycho mask.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Vallarian posted:

Hi everyone

After contacting Frontier forums regarding them providing a platform for Derek to promote his FUD I finally received a response

http://imgur.com/a/kTuMq

I submitted my original complaint on 15th October 7:00pm exactly with an updated post at 7:15 same day, I can provide these as well but it was several pages and basically noting what Derek has done which we all know so well.

3 Weeks for a response which according to the support form should have taken no more than 48 hours with what I would consider a basic response.

But this allows us to report any of Dereks post on the Frontier forum that break their rules which according to them has a zero tolerance policy in that thread (which I know they have not been keeping to, as the thread is constantly derailed with FUD and not actually discussing the game and only the Drama surrounding it).

Feel free to link this image in any report to Frontier Forums Moderators.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5bvu5x/frontier_forums_zero_tolerance_policy/

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Seriously. Are there a bigger pile of man babies out there? Is FYAD like this? (I don't know I never go in there)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Tippis posted:

Ron Perlman is another alien franchise alumnus

Probably not the best idea to advertise that your lead was in Alien Resurrection, the Star Citizen of movies except for the part where it exists

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

If only we can get Derek to stop posting on the Frontier forums, Star Citizen can finally be the best game ever

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nailed it!

I've never even heard of these before.

I figured mantrap was a joke, jokes on me for not believing! :ssh:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Solomonic posted:

Probably not the best idea to advertise that your lead was in Alien Resurrection, the Star Citizen of movies except for the part where it exists

Meh. Resurrection was a decent enough silly French monster movie. Its main problem was that they tried to make it part of that particular franchise, only to make the boss monster a particularly silly baby. Also cloning. :D

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

If only we can get Derek to stop posting on the Frontier forums, Star Citizen can finally be the best game ever

Each post prevented gives Chris Roberts one more minute of after midnight coding strength.

It's really the only thing holding Star Citizen back right now. :(

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 8, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

I love how these grown adults with disposable income constantly lash out like frustrated children.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:laffo:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

tooterfish posted:

I love how these grown adults with disposable income constantly lash out like frustrated children.

I love their attempts to interact with the non-Star Citizen community

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dovetails nicely with the DDG-1000, the SC of ships.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/long-range-projectiles-for-navys-newest-ship-too-expensive-to-shoot/

Actually nevermind, the LCS is the SC of ships. There's even two different versions.

http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/27/littoral-combat-ship-failures-multiply-but-wont-si.aspx

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I love their attempts to interact with the non-Star Citizen community

It really makes their game look good, yeah

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hello Lazrin, or Lethality, or Vince McMahon or whatever.

Do you remember the time that you called everyone in this thread a oval office?

I still do.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Doesn't reddit have rules against this kind of thing? Like organizing groups of people to go into other forums and harass people there?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Buy more Visby corvettes. At almost the price of a space game, they're a bargain. Similar development time too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hamburger Test posted:

Squadron 42 might come out and be "playable" as in you get to walk between in game cut scenes.

Also worth highlighting Lazrin doesn't want to respond when you shut down his "facts".

You saw I dropped an F-bomb, right? You know, "fun"?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

D_Smart posted:

And they have yet to ship a product.

Now. Now. Let's be fair. They did deliver some merchandise.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Lazrin posted:

amazing what a little goodwill will buy you when you aren't a jackass that produces poo poo for games.

edit: forgot the smiley. :)

Yeah don't answer about Crobblers being a loving broke joke before SC

edit: forgot the smiley. :)

VealCutlet fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 8, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirPhoebos posted:

I still do.

Aren't we all cunts tho? It's not like we're invertebrates or something insulting like that.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/354829/its-ok-cig-we-support-the-your-cash-discounts

In defense of sc, Montoya tries to illustrate how them going back on their word (it's fine because they do it all the time?) is just normal development. To do this he draws a dick... starts around 3:00 mins in.

Oh and he does all this by using a pretty ardent sc defenders thread and then yelling about how he's a special snowflake bitch or something. This is of course totally acceptable on the sc forums.

But yeah the elite forums are hosed up for not insta banning people who aren't precisely on topic regarding sc...

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Someone with that gut, that has already been hospitalized once and doesn't even bother to switch to diet coke is literally committing suicide.

Don't worry, if he misplaces his glasses, his wife puts an apple turnover with them so he can sniff 'em out. This is a thing that actually happened.

One of my former bosses was in a feedie/foodie relationship or whatever. It was :stare: how he would fatten up his wife. It was like watching Hansel & Gretel.

You can't go to jail for endangering someone's health like that, but there is technically attempt to do harm though it's not necessarily malicious.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Don't worry, if he misplaces his glasses, his wife puts an apple turnover with them so he can sniff 'em out. This is a thing that actually happened.

One of my former bosses was in a feedie/foodie relationship or whatever. It was :stare: how he would fatten up his wife. It was like watching Hansel & Gretel.

You can't go to jail for endangering someone's health like that, but there is technically attempt to do harm though it's not necessarily malicious.

it's not very nutritious either

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The U.S. Navy can't fire its awesome new gun that can hit a target more than 70 miles away because the rounds are costing the service nearly a million bucks a piece.

Just a couple weeks after the Navy commissioned its most advanced warship, the USS Zumwalt (DDG-1000), the service says it won't be buying any more of the guided precision munitions the ship's Advanced Gun Systems uses, called the Long Range Land-Attack Projectile (LRLAP).

The 155mm round is "the most accurate and longest-range guided projectile" in Navy history, according to Lockheed Martin. It's also one of the most expensive, with the price of each round costing roughly $800,000 to $1 million, for a total cost of around $2 billion if the service purchased its planned buy of 2,000 rounds, Sam LaGrone of USNI reported.

The Navy wasn't expecting the exorbitant cost when it first began producing the advanced Zumwalt-class destroyers.

It originally planned to build 32 of the stealth ships, but cost overruns led the service to eventually reduce the number down to just three. That reduction in the number of ships also led the cost of its ammunition to rise, Defense News reported.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...0XQS?li=BBnbfcL

whoops.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I like that he's somehow spinning the response as a win for them, when it's literally just "why did you ask about Line of Defense? Just report posts if they break the rules you idiot" and undoubtedly every single post by Derek gets reported anyway whether it's breaking the rules or not.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

SirPhoebos posted:

I still do.

Honestly, I think Vince McMahon fits :dance:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Gerblyn posted:

Doesn't reddit have rules against this kind of thing? Like organizing groups of people to go into other forums and harass people there?

Yes: brigading & harassment.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I was watching that Sevadus twitch stream from a few thousand pages back (Yesterday?).

Besides the obvious poo poo goign down in the video.

The asteroid hangar has a control room that is only accesible by elevator and it has freakign machine parts hanging from chains.... Because if you are going to work on engines and stuff you want to shlep it as far away from whatever vehicle it is you are working on. This is an example of stupid design. hey let's make the room look like it's used/grease monkey office.

A hat is 200 space credits. A machine gun is 1800? It's like if a hat costs 20 dollars (typical cap price?) a machine gun costs 180? It is so drat dumb.

The NPC clerk has a shirt over his naked body skin.... WHY the gently caress would you do that? Why would you put a model on top of a model? It's like Poser levels of dumb. So of course it's going to clip through when he moves because the vertices aren't the same. You dumb idiots. probably has fully verticed man areola's under that shirt too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lime Tonics posted:

The U.S. Navy can't fire its awesome new gun that can hit a target more than 70 miles away because the rounds are costing the service nearly a million bucks a piece.

Just a couple weeks after the Navy commissioned its most advanced warship, the USS Zumwalt (DDG-1000), the service says it won't be buying any more of the guided precision munitions the ship's Advanced Gun Systems uses, called the Long Range Land-Attack Projectile (LRLAP).

The 155mm round is "the most accurate and longest-range guided projectile" in Navy history, according to Lockheed Martin. It's also one of the most expensive, with the price of each round costing roughly $800,000 to $1 million, for a total cost of around $2 billion if the service purchased its planned buy of 2,000 rounds, Sam LaGrone of USNI reported.

The Navy wasn't expecting the exorbitant cost when it first began producing the advanced Zumwalt-class destroyers.

It originally planned to build 32 of the stealth ships, but cost overruns led the service to eventually reduce the number down to just three. That reduction in the number of ships also led the cost of its ammunition to rise, Defense News reported.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...0XQS?li=BBnbfcL

whoops.

I just don't know which branch is more retarded anymore.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

"F" can surely cope with a few more context-sensitive actions.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Decrepus posted:

I just don't know which branch is more retarded anymore.

The Star Marine Corps.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

upper end 3~ bedroom house in LA (near beach) average, $2.8m (crazy low interest rate of 2.9%, 25/y) = $14k/m (does not include insurance or taxes)
3 porsche leases: $2.5k/m (probably a lot more) (does not include insurance)

just right there you're looking at over $16k/m to clear your basic expenses

that's about $200k a year, just for your house and cars

you'd need to make around $800k/y to make that feasible

obviously chris roberts was just super successful and had all these things before he got untold millions from idiots

Chris should try this for his next comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35K6vQRt67g

Not even kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Look up the story about the woman who died after her skin grafted to her couch. Six years of sitting on the couch... I believe two people were eventually charged with some type of negligence. So you can be charged--but it has to go pretty drat far...

• Locked thread