Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I really wish Sinclair was funding ROH with WWE levels of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Roque11 posted:

All these implications of people going to WWE are so hilarious. These wrestlers have the choice between New Japan and WWE. New Japan is where everybody wants to be and that's what they pattern their ring styles after. Plus, they can make more money, not have to deal with politics and not have to be on the road non-stop.

With ROH you have a promotion owned by a corporation that has a ton more money than WWE. Sinclair can buy and sell WWE three times over if they wanted to.

With the money wrestlers can make in ROH and New Japan and WWE only offering peanuts WWE doesn't stand a chance.

A guy like ACH fits New Japan like a glove much like Elgin. That's what his long term future is along with indies in between, which would include Fred Garvin's company. He also gets to be seen on Flo.

don't you have better things to do delirious

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Roque11 posted:

All these implications of people going to WWE are so hilarious. These wrestlers have the choice between New Japan and WWE. New Japan is where everybody wants to be and that's what they pattern their ring styles after. Plus, they can make more money, not have to deal with politics and not have to be on the road non-stop.

With TNA you have a promotion owned by a corporation that has a ton more money than WWE. Panda Energy can buy and sell WWE three times over if they wanted to.

With the money wrestlers can make in TNA and New Japan and WWE only offering peanuts WWE doesn't stand a chance.

this is a mecca post from 2011

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I always thought it'd be nice or at least interesting to have a Mecca poster here

I changed my mind 3 posts into whatever the gently caress Roque is, help

reset

DELETE

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

its unhealthy to fuel gimmicks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Steve Corino is at the WWE Performance Center as a guest coach this week.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

yea ok posted:

its unhealthy to fuel gimmicks

Well he hasn't spent time in a Syrian death prison yet

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Steve Corino is at the WWE Performance Center as a guest coach this week.

He's a great seller and promo, good idea by whoever pushed for it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

With ROH you have a promotion owned by a corporation that has a ton more money than WWE. Sinclair can buy and sell WWE three times over if they wanted to.

:psyduck:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Even if Sinclair's that well off it doesn't make a difference, because they practically have to be begged into spending any of it on ROH.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sinclair couldn't bring the kind of money WWE throws around if it wanted to. Not without massive changes to their company structure.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

This really does read like some TNA Mecca logic

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Sinclair couldn't bring the kind of money WWE throws around if it wanted to. Not without massive changes to their company structure.

Sinclair had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, to pay for a proper lighting rig for ROH. Vince signs million-dollar checks to Brock or Trump or to make a football league because he's just in that kind of mood.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZNqYMqRWhI

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Even if Sinclair's that well off it doesn't make a difference, because they practically have to be begged into spending any of it on ROH.

maybe if Delirious weren't killing the company with his bigotry, Sinclair would find it easier to invest

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

maybe if Delirious weren't killing the company with his bigotry, Sinclair would find it easier to invest

Cut the poo poo, they've ALWAYS been like this from the word go. They just recently found out what a clusterfuck the backstage situation is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm still mad Homicide didn't really knock Cornette's tooth loose during that ROH run.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Glad to hear Steve Corino getting some work, but I can't say I've really missed him with how well Mr. Wrestling III has filled in

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Aye Doc posted:

It's actually the opposite. Sinclair would be happy to put millions into RoH if they made every heel a Muslim.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

It’s going to be very interesting because most of the key players in the promotion are under one-year contracts that would expire at or around 12/31, including The Young Bucks, Bobby Fish, Kyle O’Reilly, Jay Lethal, Ray Rowe, Hanson, Kenny King, Steve Corino and B.J. Whitmer. The question becomes which on those list would have viable alternatives. It’s a weird situation because of the New Japan relationship. Some of the talent likes the ROH/New Japan mix because they get the Japanese bookings, although Michael Elgin for one has a New Japan contract and works ROH between tours and through New Japan, while the names on the aforementioned list work New Japan through ROH. Nobody knows how much of a factor TNA would be, particularly since the one person in TNA most knowledgeable about ROH and who pushed to sign ROH guys, David Lagana (who used to work for ROH), is no longer with TNA. At least some would be good additions for NXT, but the question is would WWE pay the same or more of what key guys make in ROH and New Japan combined, plus there is far more freedom in these companies to do what you want and wrestle how you want than there would be in WWE.

Of course, if you hit it big in WWE, like many former ROH guys like Owens, Zayn and Rollins, you’re in a completely different stratosphere, but NXT contracts are generally the same or substantially less than the key ROH deals, depending on the person, and that’s not even figuring the New Japan money and the merchandise money (since ROH talent keep a far higher percentage of merchandise money than WWE talent does, although obviously if you’re pushed on WWE television, the difference makes that merch money night and day in favor of WWE). However, anyone of the names on this list, if WWE truly wants them, they can get them because they can afford to pay much more if they want them, and WWE will constantly need new real talent for its NXT tours when the current headliners move up.

bbbbbbut floslam and roque and mecca and LIES

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Stop listening to dogshit Meltzer

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought WWE wanted nothing to do with ROH talents since that Kevin Steen figure debacle.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

coconono posted:

I thought WWE wanted nothing to do with ROH talents since that Kevin Steen figure debacle.

Not with talent but possible business relationship. There was a time they were using ROH footage in documentaries and WWE.com articles a few years ago. Now they aren't doing it at all.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Not with talent but possible business relationship. There was a time they were using ROH footage in documentaries and WWE.com articles a few years ago. Now they aren't doing it at all.
Now they have Gabe for all their indy newspieces; surprised they don't talk about PWG that much since it really isn't competition and makes for good clickbait articles on the Indy scene.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

That figure still hasn't come out yet as far as I know and WWE has released like 4 since he started in NXT.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

As we have been discussing over the last several weeks on different PWInsider.com Elite audio shows, a number of Ring of Honor contracts will be coming up over the next several months including The Young Bucks, Jay Lethal, War Machine, Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish. The company is in the midst of negotating a number of new deals currently.

Veda Scott has departed Ring of Honor, which is somewhat surprising given that she broke into the business at their school in Bristol, PA and worked her way up from ring crew to a role as a manager and performer in the Women of Honor division. We are told that she gave the company notice last week that she was leaving and is already finished here.

It is also interesting to note that Lio Rush, who is under contract here until early 2017, is solicting indy bookings for the first three months of that year.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Veda's hints were a lot more cryptic at Beyond Wresting this past Sunday than ACH's from AAW.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lol ROH http://www.wwe.com/videos/steve-corino-on-what-makes-the-wwe-performance-center-wrestling-heaven

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

This is not even a big deal. So Steve Corino did a guest trainer role at the performance center. Whoopty do! They have old wrestlers do the guest trainer gig all the time. Hell, Quack showed up this year and he did a .com interview.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KungFu Grip posted:

That figure still hasn't come out yet as far as I know and WWE has released like 4 since he started in NXT.

They also just put "Mr. RoH" on TV so I'm guessing they don't have any issues with signing talent associated with RoH

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Roque11 posted:

This is not even a big deal. So Steve Corino did a guest trainer role at the performance center. Whoopty do! They have old wrestlers do the guest trainer gig all the time. Hell, Quack showed up this year and he did a .com interview.

Not to step on Roverts toes here, but its my understanding the relationship between WWE and Corino is significantly different than with Quack and the WWE. He's going to end up with a trainers deal eventually, it's just a case of when.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I agree that RoH is being mismanaged, but I'm not sure losing Steve Corino is going to be a bitter blow. Or are we supposed to be surprised that people think WWE is better than RoH? Were we saying 'lol RoH' when Bryan Danielson left? lol

As far as news over the last 72 hours go, I'll trade him for signing Ospreay and Scurll as a positive for RoH.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque believes nobody leaves ROH for anywhere that isn't New Japan or FloSlam, who has killed WWE's chances of signing indie guys

Yes, sincerely believes it all

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
People are acting like WWE is sticking to ROH in a big way by having Corino in a guest trainer and then having him do a website inter view. Don't these people ever think that Corino is not only still under contract to ROH and had to get permission to do all this, but that ROH clearly gave him the Okay? Or ever think that Corino is playing the game and knows how to play leverage games with ROH, which is what so many others wrestlers in the company do? The Bucks, Lethal, Fish and O'Reilly play this same game every year and people always fall for it thinking this will be the time they jump to WWE.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Make Roque11 a mod

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Hace posted:

Make Roque11 a mod

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Windupsoup/status/797936285465743360

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man after how WWE has treated Titus, you'd think he would steer his kid away from the biz

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/798173444428955652

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Okay so I know people poo poo on me for defending WWE so much but can we all agree Roque is the most deluded person here?

Also ROH is genuinely good in many ways (I watch all the weekly TV) but I just struggle to give a gently caress. Bums me out because I want all wrestling to be good and exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Someone visiting a show in their home area. Big deal.

• Locked thread