Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zore posted:

Even released ones change between gens. See: Chandelure.

You mean Scolipede. Shadow Tag Chandelure was never available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

You mean Scolipede. Shadow Tag Chandelure was never available.

Yeah, I can never remember which of them was.

Speed Boost Scolipede is still a thing and that makes me happy.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Did we ever get the gen 4 starter HAs officially? I know a lot of them are floating around and can get the pentagon but I'm pretty sure that was just from save edits and a sanity check that didn't take released/unreleased into account given that would require patching the game every time something is released.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Decus posted:

Stomping Tantrum sounds like something fun that isn't actually a good pick. I'll enjoy the vindication of a move getting buffed after a failure in-game but doubt that would ever be worth a slot competitively, unless it can do the work that you'd normally slot earthquake for just fine at 75BP.

It's fine for coverage. Something uses Thunderbolt, in comes Lightningrod M-Manectric, then you Stomping Tantrum it.

Although, strictly speaking, if you're fast enough that you're comfortable staying in versus something that soaked your attack you're fast enough that Earthquake would be better. So yeah I dunno it's not gonna be in competitive except for Sejun Park and Wolfe who will know precisely how to use it and destroy people with it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Decus posted:

Did we ever get the gen 4 starter HAs officially? I know a lot of them are floating around and can get the pentagon but I'm pretty sure that was just from save edits and a sanity check that didn't take released/unreleased into account given that would require patching the game every time something is released.

Iron Fist Infernape was given away for XY and ORAS in Hong Kong last February. That's the only one of the three that's legal with the pentagon IIRC.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

dump your friends into the bank and then say goodbye; no point in going back after SM right?

ribboooooooons

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I never played ORAS, does its story get referenced in Sun/Moon?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nerfed Talonflame is bullshit. Now what the Hell am I supposed to do with the two shiny Talonflames I have!? Huh!??

Anyway, I really want a fire type on my team and I've limited myself to only using new Pokemon and Alaloan forms. I was going to use the fancy new fire Marowak, but it's stats and moves suck so I'm going with Salazzle. I hate that only the females evolve though, it's going to suck searching for a girl when there's only a 12.5 chance one will appear.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Nerfed Talonflame is bullshit. Now what the Hell am I supposed to do with the two shiny Talonflames I have!? Huh!??

Anyway, I really want a fire type on my team and I've limited myself to only using new Pokemon and Alaloan forms. I was going to use the fancy new fire Marowak, but it's stats and moves suck so I'm going with Salazzle. I hate that only the females evolve though, it's going to suck searching for a girl when there's only a 12.5 chance one will appear.

]It depends. I'm not sure which of those are in the Alola-dex or where in it they are, but should be options. Eggs are going to be annoying though unless I'm forgetting a way to bake the gender.

HeartNotes3
Jun 25, 2013

less laughter posted:

The Poison/Water sea anemone.

It's loving adorable.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

By the way I don't know how much speed you need in ubers so I just did a 252/252/4 Adamant spread for Pheromosa (obv I set Heracross's stats to equal Pheromosa's) and lol:

Things people use commonly in Ubers:

252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross U-turn vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Latias: 374-439 (105.6 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 344-407 (89.5 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Heracross Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Salamence: 484-572 (123.1 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darkrai: 374-439 (133 - 156.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Klefki: 341-403 (107.5 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bulky things:

252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Primal Groudon: 185-218 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 43% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 235-278 (51.6 - 61%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross U-turn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 129-152 (28.3 - 33.4%) -- 91.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Heracross Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Giratina-O: 221-263 (50.1 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 235-278 (68.5 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 502-593 (142.6 - 168.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross U-turn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 134-160 (38 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ambitious coverage moves:

252+ Atk Life Orb Heracross Poison Jab vs. 184 HP / 28 Def Xerneas: 265-312 (60.3 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Heracross Hidden Power Rock vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 198-234 (47.7 - 56.3%) -- 81.3% chance to 2HKO

It's kind of hard walled by every ghost though unless you wanna get really ambitious and go with HP Ghost/Dark. At least it outspeeds Mega Gengar and U-turns out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is there a video for Incineroar's Z-Move?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I miss talonflame

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Luckily my good friend, Toucannon, will make up for this loss in these trying times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Incineroar's Z-Move

I loving Marked Out. YOUR TRAINER EVEN DOES DANIEL BRYAN'S YESYESYES

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Machop's new pokedex entry is the best.

quote:

With its superhuman strength, it's able to throw a hundred people all at the same time. Its strength comes from lifting Graveler every day.

Further supports the old idea that the pokedex entries are all written by children.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Any word on how early you can access breeding?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Reinanigans posted:

Any word on how early you can access breeding?

18 in america but different countries have different standards

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Incineroar's Z-Move

That's one skyward point. Macho Man. Ohhhhh yeah.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Incineroar's Z-Move

this is perfect but that's not a loving moonsault

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Countblanc posted:

18 in america but different countries have different standards

I knew it was coming, but I wrote it anyway. :doh:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Seeing it in motion makes me love Primarina even more

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

this is perfect but that's not a loving moonsault

yeah when i saw the name i was like drat here we go but thats no moonsault

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Ferocious 450

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jesus Christ
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMkNwDgB5cd/

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Well this gen has failed miserably. see you all next gen.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
why is that whale so freakin small

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Your 3DS would probably cry if it was large enough and had enough polygons to look good enough to take up the entire screen during move animations/with two trainers and another pokemon on the field.

It'll be its actual size in pokemon refresh just like it was in amie.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wow that's a big trainer

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gmq posted:

I never played ORAS, does its story get referenced in Sun/Moon?

Most Pokemon games are self contained if that is what you're asking and Sun and Moon seem to as well. There are returning characters and references, but nothing you need to play ORAS for unless you want to.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The new dex entries are great all around.

Muk(non-Alolan): After recent environmental improvements, this Pokémon is now hardly seen at all. People speculate that it may go extinct at some point.

Magikarp: Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp.

Glalie(Mega): It envelops prey in its mouth, freezing them instantly. But its jaw is dislocated, so it’s unable to eat them.

Pyukumuku: These Pokémon line the beaches. The sticky mucous that covers their bodies can be used to soothe sunburned skin. How convenient!

Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
holy poo poo wait, there are separate entries for pokemon formes 0_0

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Haifisch posted:

The new dex entries are great all around.

Muk(non-Alolan): After recent environmental improvements, this Pokémon is now hardly seen at all. People speculate that it may go extinct at some point.

Magikarp: Its reckless leaps make it easy pickings for predators. On the bright side, many Pokémon enjoy longer life spans, thanks to Magikarp.

Glalie(Mega): It envelops prey in its mouth, freezing them instantly. But its jaw is dislocated, so it’s unable to eat them.

Pyukumuku: These Pokémon line the beaches. The sticky mucous that covers their bodies can be used to soothe sunburned skin. How convenient!

Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

It's cool that formes and megas get their own entries now, although some of the mega entries make Mega Evolution sound horrible for Pokemon.

Gengar: Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.

Pinsir: The influence of Mega Evolution leaves it in a state of constant excitement. It pierces enemies with its two large horns before shredding them.

Gyarados: Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

Aerodactyl: When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.

Sharpedo: As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.

Salamence: Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

Metagross: Mega Evolution stimulated its brain. It emerged as a ruthless Pokémon that will clutch at any means of ensuring its victories.

Garchomp: Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.

Lucario: It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yo what are these entries even

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Drifloon continues in its storied history of being both the cutest and also creepiest ghost type pokemon ever: If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

also what is mega medicham's. is it about being the best mega

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All the entries can be found here http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ

be warned, as they do include everything, so possible spoilers, but at this point i doubt it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here's a video of Primarina's Z-move with the other two as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OqFhbzI3OQ&feature=youtu.be

It's a Spirit Bomb!!!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Primeape: It has been known to become so angry that it dies as a result. Its face looks peaceful in death, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mabels big day posted:

All the entries can be found here http://pastebin.com/FfXdLLTZ

be warned, as they do include everything, so possible spoilers, but at this point i doubt it.

Is this missing some pokemon because of size constraints or because the entries literally don't exist in the game yet?