Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I opened a fully animated pack topping off in animated Mythril Golem. I wanna liquefy him but I can't help but tell myself that a board wipe that leaves you a big body could punch its way into a meta if things slow down.

Clarste posted:

...Oh yeah. For some reason I've never seen her hit face, so I forgot she had Storm and not Rush. I guess everyone just wants to get maximum value out her regeneration.

Edit: But yes, Themis defines why it's hard to kill Haven.

Man, Moon's having up to 5 face damage out of hand is like the biggest reason I play her. The ability to clear/self-heal is just a nice backup that makes her better than like a Gilgamesh or something. Every once in a while she's there to clear but if I'm spending that much mana on one guy, I really want to be winning the game this turn.

Edit: Do we have an ETA on those free packs?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
They really want me to play Sword. Just from 20 or so initial packs and buying ones from the gold you get from beating the elite AI I have 3x Otohime, 3x Aurelia, and one Alexander. I really wanted to play Blood or Shadow. Sword just doesn't have enough maid cards. :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lord Ephraim posted:

They really want me to play Sword. Just from 20 or so initial packs and buying ones from the gold you get from beating the elite AI I have 3x Otohime, 3x Aurelia, and one Alexander. I really wanted to play Blood or Shadow. Sword just doesn't have enough maid cards. :(

Doesn't Sword still have more maid cards than any other craft even with its grand total of like, 3 maids?

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Sword has 4 if you count Giant Slayer since she looks like a maid. It's still not enough.

I do love the attack sound effect from the gunner maid.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my rerolling gave me 3 tias and a roach which is far better than what i got for other classes yet i am having a much harder time doing the forest story missions than sword or shadowcraft. :(

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

They really want me to play Sword. Just from 20 or so initial packs and buying ones from the gold you get from beating the elite AI I have 3x Otohime, 3x Aurelia, and one Alexander.

Holy poo poo, you already got like 2/3 the cost of midrange/control sword decks.

Awesome! posted:

my rerolling gave me 3 tias and a roach which is far better than what i got for other classes yet i am having a much harder time doing the forest story missions than sword or shadowcraft. :(

The forest missions are pretty tricky near the end especially the last battle so don't worry about failing, just keep trying

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i lost once on the 2nd mission! to the 10hp shadowcraft girl lol. i feel like i am almost never actually getting the core mechanic benefit because im not playing enough cards at once.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Assuming you want to play forest decks since you got 3 tias, you should craft 3 fairy circles, 3 elf child mays, and 3 elven princess mages asap. They should help you out alot

Just went 5-0 with this deck which was pretty surprisingly and not surprising at the same time?? Right before this I also went 4-1 with a dragon deck that also had dragonsong flute, polyphonic roar and genesis dragon but that one had a forte instead of orb dragon and only I used orb dragon once in the five matches. Somehow i think the major difference between the previous one and this one is that I have an extra dragonewt fist, despite how loving bad the card feels to have. Also one less dragon counsel and no shenlongs.

Some stats, for all five matches I used polyphonic roar and depended on it to win, used atleast one dragon oracle, dragon counsel and dragonewt fist, and evolved Transmogrified Wyrm. It's basically a super slow control deck with tons of removal and dragonsong flute even acts as a super removal while my polyphonic roar grinds them down. I even ended two of the matches with one evolve point still remaining

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
the secret op card there is fire lizard

turn 2 plays against dragon are obnoxious because of that card, and fire lizard acts as a solid siegfried enabler, when siegfried is already one of the best cards to have against evo turns

also dragonewt fist is insane but dragonsong flute is on average quite bad, are my hot takes

there's no doubt that your top end is insane and filled iwth 2-for-1's but it's having a solid early-mid game that gets you there.

Lord Ephraim posted:

sword's leader is a maid with a sword what more do you want

Zoness fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Nov 8, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I will not rest until they introduce Maidcraft

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Erg posted:

I will not rest until they introduce Maidcraft

Do they have to clean the gameboard to empower their cards?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
5-0 with a disgusting shadowcraft deck that really glutted out the 3-drop slot, including 2 Necroelementalist, 1 Angelic Barrage, 1 Foul Tempest 4 Spartoi Soldiers and a Shield Angel. I went up against sword 4 times :unsmigghh: (I never fell behind on board).

Luna is the best.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Still getting mostly dragon missions so my face dragon deck is climbing nicely. The "cannot be attacked" monsters are basically what screws my opponents, since at turn 4-5 they cannot just plop something down and evolve it to trade, and most of my opponents are not good enough to evolve their poo poo pre-emptively and thus my own drop into evolve can often do a clean 2 for 1. Bonus points if my evolved mon cannot be attacked either.

I wonder how far can I climb (by only doing missions) until I hit a road block. Better aggressive decks and decks with direct damage totally smoke my low stats cards.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Still getting mostly dragon missions so my face dragon deck is climbing nicely. The "cannot be attacked" monsters are basically what screws my opponents, since at turn 4-5 they cannot just plop something down and evolve it to trade, and most of my opponents are not good enough to evolve their poo poo pre-emptively and thus my own drop into evolve can often do a clean 2 for 1. Bonus points if my evolved mon cannot be attacked either.

I wonder how far can I climb (by only doing missions) until I hit a road block. Better aggressive decks and decks with direct damage totally smoke my low stats cards.

I think you will hit a roadblock at

"By my blade, victory and prosperity are yours." "Featherblade, show your true power."

Which is a ways off, so keep going at it.

Also maybe tempo forest, since Tia makes a gigantic 6/6 ward and rhinoceroach kills very fast

how's your aggro vampy matchup?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 8, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

I think you will hit a roadblock at

"By my blade, victory and prosperity are yours." "Featherblade, show your true power."

Which is a ways off, so keep going at it.

Also maybe tempo forest, since Tia makes a gigantic 6/6 ward and rhinoceroach kills very fast

how's your aggro vampy matchup?

Last vampy fight we were pretty even. I ended with control of the board with both of us at 2 hp but lost to a dance of. death

Feels like I'm at a small disadvantage.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
with fortes you should be able to outrace all but the luckiest bat players; as a midrange sword player i don't feel like my matchup vs face dragon is particularly advantaged, but maybe i'm just bad

the real matchup i'd be worried about as face dragon is elana; face dragon has always felt to me like one of those decks that has a way harder time doing 25 damage than 20, if that makes any sense

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i like my midrange sword matchup against most face decks, except storm haven that's running themis, but that might be on how I play.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Reiterpallasch posted:

with fortes you should be able to outrace all but the luckiest bat players; as a midrange sword player i don't feel like my matchup vs face dragon is particularly advantaged, but maybe i'm just bad

the real matchup i'd be worried about as face dragon is elana; face dragon has always felt to me like one of those decks that has a way harder time doing 25 damage than 20, if that makes any sense

Oh, I wish I had some fortes. But in any case I am not playing face dragon and sword because I love going face but because they are cheap and I have some of their good cards.

I am more of a combo/control player as I so I guess I'll probably end up doing Forest, but I have but a single Tia so that'll have to wait.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Between an Enstatued Seraph and now a Moon al-Miraj pull from packs I feel as if the game is telling me to play Havencraft.

Not that I can do anything without full sets of these things but still. :catstare:

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
jp pros regularily post seraph elana lists with 2x enstatued seraph and no moons; if you have some themis' decree/elana's prayer sitting around you could build the deck on the relative cheap

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Do they only run one Seraph? That'd put me like one legend away from a new list.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So got a pack of 5 DE packs. Got Dragonsong Flute, how is that card?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Got 5 golds from the 5 packs, with 4 of the golds coming from a single pack and then my last pack gave me this:

aaaaaAAAAAAahhhhhh never truly lucky, i don't need this many olivias

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got 2 golds. this game hates me

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i got some garbage golds, please give me your surplus olivias

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

:eyepop:

What a lovely pack that was.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

A friend helped me create this sword deck but I don't really know what I'm suppose to do with it. The two cards you can't see is Alwida's Command and Frontguard General. I don't really now much about CCG jargon outside of SMOrc meme stuff. I have an Alexander but he said it's not really fitted into the meta however do not liquefy it yet.

I won 6 out of 10 unranked games against similar ranked nobodies without really trying. I just make sure I have more dudes than my opponent and hit face. :orks101:

My free DE packs gave me 5 spirit cycle (and a Crystalia Tia woo?). I mean, I'll take 500 free vials but what are the chances of getting the same card once in each pack?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
woop I pulled a second Alexander and a Seraph

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I got one gold in 5 packs. One.

I'm the one this game truly hates. At least it was Vania...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My 5 packs were poo poo, I think I got like 1 or 2 Golds, no Legendaries.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

14 silvers and one gold. One animated common.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I didn't realize I needed to actually follow them to benefit for some reason. Probably because I don't actually have a twitter account. Is it still too late?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you dont. i didnt and got the 5 packs. go to your crate

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Oh :downs:

I didn't get anything good or that I cared about though. I got a third copy of Summon Iceform, not that I think I wanted that? I guess I got Remi and Calamitous Curse if I ever wanted to build a Earth Sigil deck.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I got tecale and bloody Mary so cant complain but I got nothing for the 2 decks I am working on

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

:toot:

Unfortunately I had to switch away from my beloved Dshift to a janky Face Dragon to do it, but gently caress it if the game is gunna throw 5 Fortes at me I am going to take the hint.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah, I just switched off Dshift at B1 as well, to aggro Vamp, which is performing much better. Surprisingly cheap to make too.

Dshift is super fun though.

Agreeable Badger fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 9, 2016

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I said it earlier in the thread too, but man Dshift is like the funnest deck I've ever played in a card game.

Still though, a little variety keeps things fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
My 5 packs didn't give me any legendaries, but gave me a couple of golds a ton of silvers, including 3 animated Ruthless Assassins and 3 non-animated Ruthless Assassins. :what:

• Locked thread