Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Grabbed Bahama Triangle, Dark Forces, and Slumber Party Nightmare with the three coupons. Also grabbed since it on sale Alien Outlaw since it the weekly deal and it another Rash movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Mr. B. Natural: Ag9dnRb7

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just watched Last Slumberparty. I have no idea what happened, as it kept cutting back to being a dream and fakes out. Movie ends with the super southern lead probably finding the killer in her house, which I imagine how lame the evil suregon been in the movie, probably dies within seconds after the credits roll.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

Just watched Last Slumberparty. I have no idea what happened
That's okay, neither did the people who made it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is one of the few movies where you can intuitively treat the entire movie as a lobotomized guys dream as opposed to just forcing that meme onto the movie.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'd never seen it, but I always assumed the internet's Twilight hate was mostly overblown.

I was wrong.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lester Shy posted:

I'd never seen it, but I always assumed the internet's Twilight hate was mostly overblown.

I was wrong.

ahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

oh the first Twilight movie

gently caress that movie so hard

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lester Shy posted:

I was wrong.

A half hour of story stretched into two hours where only ten minutes are genuinely entertaining.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A new VOD Honor and Glory is up.

Looks like some good 90s cheese.

Buy it here

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Lester Shy posted:

I was wrong.

It's a surprisingly incompetent production on basically every level.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Buy it here

quote:

Director: Godfrey Ho

OH MY GOD YES!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gavok posted:

OH MY GOD YES!

Wikipedia posted:

sometimes considered the Ed Wood of Hong Kong cinema

:stare:

I don't know how to take this.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Buy it here

"Martial arts movies starring people that don't quite understand how to act like human beings" is quickly becoming my favorite subgenre.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

:stare:

I don't know how to take this.

How do I explain Godfrey Ho...

Okay, so remember how in Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, they filmed about thirty minutes of crappy, inexplicable, low-budget footage and then injected in fifty minutes of footage from a completely separate movie with higher production values? Imagine if they went back and forth between the two more and instead of a framing/flashback thing, Santa and Thumbelina were supposed to be part of the same narrative. Like if they dubbed over all of the Thumbelina footage to make it a story about trying to find where the Ice Cream Bunny lives.

That's every Godfrey Ho movie, except with ninjas 99% of the time.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Gavok posted:

How do I explain Godfrey Ho...

Okay, so remember how in Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, they filmed about thirty minutes of crappy, inexplicable, low-budget footage and then injected in fifty minutes of footage from a completely separate movie with higher production values? Imagine if they went back and forth between the two more and instead of a framing/flashback thing, Santa and Thumbelina were supposed to be part of the same narrative. Like if they dubbed over all of the Thumbelina footage to make it a story about trying to find where the Ice Cream Bunny lives.

That's every Godfrey Ho movie, except with ninjas 99% of the time.

Yeah, Ho is amazing. It's also a Cynthia Rothrock movie, which is neat.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
That was shockingly competent for a Godfrey Ho film (for one thing its an actual movie and not 15 minutes of ninjas inserted into an another unrelated movie) and god is it obvious they only had Cynthia Rothrock for a couple of days. Very fun though.

I also checked out "The Astro-Zombies". My God.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, I bought Honor & Glory, and the live show codes worked for it.

The crowbar bit was outstanding

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 6, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
To good homes:

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
9eEp5Nhz

Batman: Tunnel of Terror (Episode 2)
BLW2nCDv

Twilight
7b52ChPz

Jurassic Park
ADnveJRn

The Wizard
9t59oqdt

Hope you enjoy!

Hogama fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 10, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hogama posted:

To good homes:

9eEp5Nhz

BLW2nCDv

Twilight
7b52ChPz

Jurassic Park
ADnveJRn

The Wizard
9t59oqdt

Grabbed Twlight. :toot:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I took The Wizard. Thanks!

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I'm catching up on the stuff from the Humble Bundle, and man I did not remember Night of the Living Dead being so boring when I first watched it in high school. I guess the ensuing decade of fast zombies ruined my attention span, because even the riffs couldn't keep me engaged for the whole runtime.

The Game of Thrones riff completely made up for it though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Claimed Jurassic Park. Thank you!

Christmas DVDs came in the mail for me a few days ago. I can't wait to show my relatives S&ICB :unsmigghh:

HoBgoBLiNs
Feb 26, 2005

Some women find facial scars attractive. Mind you, most of those women are krogan...
In case anyone missed the email (like I almost did), they're doing an election day sale. Use the code VOTE2016 to save 20% off. Its good till Midnight PST.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Quick reminder, the rifftrax live codes are still valid and the coupons stack with the vote code.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RandomPauI posted:

Quick reminder, the rifftrax live codes are still valid and the coupons stack with the vote code.

Thanks for the heads up. Used it to get the three Live shows I was missing, two of the B-movies, and a few shorts for 43.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

My RT collection is pretty bare (Both Humble Bundles, $1 KS rewards and Miami Connection) and I'm looking for a VOD recommendation. I definitely prefer the "incompetent and baffling" flavor of bad movie over the "goofy and cheesy" variety. Birdemic is the perfect example of what I'm looking for. Is there anything of that caliber worth checking out?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lester Shy posted:

My RT collection is pretty bare (Both Humble Bundles, $1 KS rewards and Miami Connection) and I'm looking for a VOD recommendation. I definitely prefer the "incompetent and baffling" flavor of bad movie over the "goofy and cheesy" variety. Birdemic is the perfect example of what I'm looking for. Is there anything of that caliber worth checking out?

Highly suggest in that regard Guy from Harlem and Slumber Party Horror. They are both insane movies that are impotent and baffling.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Hogama posted:

To good homes:

9eEp5Nhz

BLW2nCDv

Twilight
7b52ChPz

Jurassic Park
ADnveJRn

The Wizard
9t59oqdt

I took Lord of the Rings FoR. Thanks!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Election sale got extended a day if someone wants to get some riffs to keep them sane.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

MegaZeroX posted:

I took Lord of the Rings FoR. Thanks!

Whoops, took Batman last night!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

Rirse posted:

Highly suggest in that regard Guy from Harlem and Last Slumber Party. They are both insane movies that are impotent and baffling.

Fixed that.

Also, Honor & Glory, Death Promise, R.O.T.O.R., Rollergator, and Fun in Balloon Land.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canned Panda posted:

Fixed that.

Also, Honor & Glory, Death Promise, R.O.T.O.R., Rollergator, and Fun in Balloon Land.

Oops, that what I meant to say. But yeah it totally worth it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The post-election Rifftrax sale: when suicide is not the answer.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lester Shy posted:

Samurai Cop?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Lester Shy posted:

Definitely Fun in Balloonland

It's almost Thanksgiving so it's seasonally appropriate, too!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Buy it here

quote:

Director: Godfrey Ho

:getin:

It's been a long time, but they are finally riffing a Godfrey Ho movie...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Honor and Glory was a hilarious riff. I just laughing at the main villain's hideout...a warehouse full of bags, boxes, Q-Bert machines, and a Pepsi Machine that has tape covering up the name when they get close to it.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
Tom Neyman, The Master, has passed away.

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/?p=23436

"He has now transcended to become Manos."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rirse posted:

Honor and Glory was a hilarious riff. I just laughing at the main villain's hideout...a warehouse full of bags, boxes, Q-Bert machines, and a Pepsi Machine that has tape covering up the name when they get close to it.

The scene with the senator's daughter is easily one of my favorite scenes from any Rifftrax movie.

At first, it's a completely fine introductory scene to establish the main character. She's a reporter and it gets her conflict because she rattles cages and even gets credit for taking down a corrupt senator. So far so good. She kicks that can into the senator's daughter's face and while goofy, it still sort of works. She's a bold reporter who also knows how to fight.

Then it suddenly becomes a martial arts fight and things are silly. Then the knife is pulled, escalating things. Finally, when it's all wrapped up, it ends with an exchange so unnatural that it feels like it came out of Birdemic.

And it's never mentioned again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I see they are replaying Christmas Rifftrax Live on Thursday Dec 2nd. Any idea when tickets go on sale?

• Locked thread