Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
I wish I didn't have 6 hours of teaching to do tomorrow so I could get properly drunk. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

Slow Graffiti posted:

You're going to have to fight my cat Stevie for it...

Stevie looks like a mean drunk :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

there are a lot of them for whom that's totally true, but it's not the case for all and it's a mistake to think so.

Please Be Nice To White Regressives Or They'll Be Regressive Even More 2016

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Gonna miss you, Billy Mitch

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hmmm this checks out

a woman as pres would be the biggest change ever

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lmao OI YOU WOT, YANKS?

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The biggest race conflict in America has almost entirely economic roots. Nationalism as a response to a faltering labor market is an economic impulse, even if it's not expressed as such.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Constant Hamprince posted:

the root problem is that 45% of america is racist as gently caress, not (((economic anxiety))). d&d milkdrinkers can whinge all they want about false consciousness but the fact is an enormous segment of the american people will willingly gently caress themselves as long as minorities get hosed harder by comparison

Is this compatible with Obama getting more white votes than Hillary?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

the core problem is 'economic anxiety' isn't the main issue driving people to Trump and it literally never has been. If that was the case than retards like Kasich would have been way stronger because his message was near entirely economic.

That doesn't work because their economics were different. Kasich was the typical Republican austerity and free trade, and in fact took it further than a lot of them do. It's hard to completely discount that the people voting for Trump, who were clearly poorer than those voting for Kasich, might've known wised up to the fact that his economics were harmful to them regardless of how much he said "efficiency" or "growth."

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Sounds like loser talk is kicking into high gear

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

there are a lot of them for whom that's totally true, but it's not the case for all and it's a mistake to think so.

Yeah they also want to pay less taxes, because people who aren't them might benifit from that money.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

there is a large (but not universal) segment of the american white middle and working class that is most strongly motivated by white supremacy, and this is trump's base (there's also racist rich people but they aren't trump's base). they will always be opposed to good policy that isn't hobbled to gently caress over the people they don't like, particularly black people, so american reaction will always be large and powerful

however they will be less agitated and active about it if they are in a decent economic position personally, so less of an obstacle

however however they might interpret a better absolute postion as a worse one if they are in a worse position relative to minorities, in which case you're in trouble again. or some of them might. all these things are matters of generalities and percentages and there's no strict binary or even division between economics and racism!!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

AceRimmer posted:

I wish I didn't have 6 hours of teaching to do tomorrow so I could get properly drunk. :smith:

lol if that stops you you're not cut out to be a teacher

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Please Jangus. Grant me this.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/796126839253139456

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao hes going to get loving CRUSHED

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Joementum posted:

keep ignoring the problem that's caused this to be a close election if you want. don't think it's a great strategy.

Er... what problem is that, exactly?

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!
I reported a group of poll watchers from my polling place to 1-866-our-vote following my voting experience.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://twitter.com/frankluntz/status/796124381890179073

Is Luntz credible at all or is he just a pure bullshitter? Big to hear this from someone "on the right"

Luntz is an idiot.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Joementum posted:

imagine being so addicted to your own 'adult in the room' bullshit that you sympathize with the people voting for a serial rapist

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Turn out figures are in!!!

7,370 users logged on, 1,537 on C-SPAM

:derp:

GBS: 577

Josef K. Sourdust fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 9, 2016

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo trump and clinton are basically even on college degree whites.

He's done

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

triple sulk posted:

lmao hes going to get loving CRUSHED

Inshallah

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
How about de-emphasizing all the identity grouping all the time -- "Latinas for Hillary" -- and focus more on class and shared interests?

Occupy was a bunch of utterly useless, self destructive lefties, but the 99% vs.1 % thing was brilliant and they threw it away without ever capitalizing on it after all their self-serving infighting.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Yeeeeeesssss

Now give me state by state breakdown so I can pour over it and come up with all the hot takes.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is msnbc's audio going out every now and then for anyone else or is it just my lovely charter cable

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

worthless poll alert

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/796126983625314304

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
America deserved 9/11

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can we make this Power Rangers song Hillary's official victory song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtWHlHjfNwk

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

breaklaw posted:

How about de-emphasizing all the identity grouping all the time -- "Latinas for Hillary" -- and focus more on class and shared interests?

Occupy was a bunch of utterly useless, self destructive lefties, but the 99% vs.1 % thing was brilliant and they threw it away without ever capitalizing on it after all their self-serving infighting.

source your quotes

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Is this compatible with Obama getting more white votes than Hillary?

That doesn't work because their economics were different. Kasich was the typical Republican austerity and free trade, and in fact took it further than a lot of them do. It's hard to completely discount that the people voting for Trump, who were clearly poorer than those voting for Kasich, might've known wised up to the fact that his economics were harmful to them regardless of how much he said "efficiency" or "growth."

so what you're saying is that the economic message for these voters didn't work until it was framed as nationalism and 'The Other vs America' type stuff?

Hm

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Harald posted:

America deserves 420

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

more

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/796127235342270464

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

team overhead smash posted:

One of the big loving atrocious of the media coverage that a lot of people don't talk about is how hosed up american voting is with the disenfranchisement of minorities after the SCOTUS invalidated parts of the voting rights act and the states took that as an opportunity to try and gently caress over voting access. Like some of them even got called out on it with "No, you can't stop voting on the one specific Sunday when black churches try and get their congregation to go vote" but still a lot of fuckery has slipped through with next to no media coverage.

Well, this is the bullshit with "reduced enthusiasm among Black voters in Ohio" when the Secretary of State purposefully restricted early voting locations in majority-Black wards and precincts and did a significant purge of the voter registration rolls that (surprise!) disproportionately targeted majority-Black cities, wards, and precincts.

It's not about low enthusiasm, it's about high voter suppression. I mean, maybe there is low enthusiasm as well, but the evidence of voter suppression is ample.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

team overhead smash posted:

Sorry, would come up with a witty rejoinder but don't actually know what you're referring. to. The clowncar of US politics has kept me from even focusing on domestic politics for several months. I am known as the politics guy and when someone asked me what I thought about the byelection results a few weeks back I didn't even know there was a byelection.

Instead I just told them about how you are electing a sexual deviant immopral russian manchildian candidate gently caress-up to cover my ignorance.

cripes its the politics guy!

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Turn out figures are in!!!

7,370 users logged on, 1,537 on C-SPAM

:derp:

Congrats on winning presidency of SA, C-Spam

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

CNN purchased an ironic movie trailer announcer, or a bad wrestling announcer to hype up their bullshit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

OldTennisCourt posted:

post more cattes itt

Dinah status:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

:derp: New Hampshire 52% Trump 3/300 precincts reporting

• Locked thread