Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I wanted to see him swing out :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man_alive
May 6, 2007

<Insert Witty Phrase Here>

Boco_T posted:

Speaking of Modern, I have never wanted you to watch a Modern clip more than this one, if the timestamp doesn't work skip ahead to 7:21 and watch from there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXM1W4MhVpY&t=441s

I'd never seen this before, but it's brilliant! :dance:

I now want to build it for myself :smith:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Count Bleck posted:

I wanted to see him swing out :(

It's not a bad as when Jacob Wilson's opponent prematurely conceded before he could cast Hidetsugi's Second Rite.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Boco_T posted:

Speaking of Modern, I have never wanted you to watch a Modern clip more than this one, if the timestamp doesn't work skip ahead to 7:21 and watch from there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXM1W4MhVpY&t=441s

I know its been posted before but this video of his is also very worth watching (from 5:43).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRat88Lwbc&t=343s

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
As a general alert if you have Twitch Prime off your Amazon Prime and you're not using it you should definitely toss that to the MTGGoldfish account so SaffronOlive can continue to work full time on videos like these.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Boco_T posted:

As a general alert if you have Twitch Prime off your Amazon Prime and you're not using it you should definitely toss that to the MTGGoldfish account so SaffronOlive can continue to work full time on videos like these.

I started playing magic again this year after not playing for a very long time and their website is what really got me back into. I was so happy when they finally got twitch partner so I could give them a sub every month, twitch prime just made it even easier.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Boco_T posted:

Do they have any spicy sub emotes? This is very important.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Boco_T posted:

Least I can do, currently playing one of his decks in modern.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

one day i'll play this game...one day

you should make a focused effort to play these 2 games then join us in despair waiting for a third that will never come.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Boco_T posted:

This a Cool and Good advice.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AkumaHokoru posted:

you should make a focused effort to play these 2 games then join us in despair waiting for a third that will never come.

Remember when there was a TWEWY Announcement on a countdown site from Squeenix and all it turned out to be was an iOS Port?

:shepicide:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Remember when there was a TWEWY Announcement on a countdown site from Squeenix and all it turned out to be was an iOS Port?

:shepicide:

GODDDAMNIT mad all over again

(that was the last day i had a cellphone of any kind)

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Do they have any spicy sub emotes? This is very important.

Luck, Cheer, f6, RIP, Punt

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Actually the best rpg on the DS

You misspelled "Disgaea".

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zemyla posted:

You misspelled "Disgaea".

That's a funny way to say "Mario and Luigi"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Actually the best rpg on the DS

I mean it's good but that's just not true.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
As I'd loving expect from a post-Trump world

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

TheKingofSprings posted:

As I'd loving expect from a post-Trump world

With the dollar on the decline, will Star City Games give up the ghost and let ABU Duals fall?!

LET'S FIND OUT!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sorry to everyone who complained about white being OP in Standard, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Is Suspend 5 the discourse until January?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

C-Euro posted:

Sorry to everyone who complained about white being OP in Standard, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

:holymoley: Made me spit out my coffee.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Is Suspend 5 the discourse until January?

The discourse has been in the graveyard for a few turns now

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

C-Euro posted:

While White won the electoral college, at least it lost the popular vote.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

I don't get it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

pakman posted:

I don't get it.

let me live on the deserted island you live on

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
New treasure chest update. Any of you math nerds wanna tell me if we're still getting stiffed with these?

(We probably still are)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

C-Euro posted:

:vince:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Foreskin Problems posted:

New treasure chest update. Any of you math nerds wanna tell me if we're still getting stiffed with these?

(We probably still are)
I thought someone did the EV and it was better than pre-chests.

Maybe that was just initially?

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Man am I glad I already have death and taxes together. Gonna be a popular deck for a few years.

(We probably still are)

Are you on MTGO? If so you are.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Yeah, exclusively mtgo. NYC's magic scene is full of terrible, awful, dirty people.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Yeah, exclusively mtgo. NYC's magic scene is full of terrible, awful, dirty people.

You should come south, to Jersey, where it's full of whiny babies who throw fits when they lose in casual formats.
And also actual tournaments.
You should probably not act like a whiny baby over losing a card game.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus loving christ Wizards. They've got a Modern Masters draft league up this week for some reason. I thought it was kind of weird that they skipped Modern Masters in their Year of Modern Flashback series, so it's cool that they're bringing it back. A lot of the cards in Modern Masters are insanely high price on MTGO due to only appearing in core sets or third sets, so there just isn't a high supply. Engineered Explosives and Blood Moon are rares and they're 40 tickets each - even Tarmogoyf is only around 45 tix.

so obviously the modern masters league is phantom, and costs 100 play points, when a regular kaladesh draft league where you actually keep the cards you draft is 120 play points while also providing better prize support.

e: oh also:

quote:

We are also introducing select Commander (2016 Edition) and Conspiracy: Take the Crown cards to treasure chests with this update (plus one card from the original Conspiracy). In order to help make sure enough of these cards are created for players who want them, they have their own sheet in treasure chests. The new main table for treasure chests will be:

That one card from the original Conspiracy? I don't know. It isn't Custodi Squire. At least we get Ash Barrens, which is more rare than loving Containment Priest.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 9, 2016

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

Man am I glad I already have death and taxes together. Gonna be a popular deck for a few years.

I can't tell if this is a Trump joke or not, though perhaps "joke" is the wrong word to use

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

suicidesteve posted:

I heard everyone was cutting Wingmares and Thalias.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

I heard everyone was cutting Wingmares and Thalias.

Only if you already have seven or more lands in play

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth
Is there any reason to believe this is not a legit Berserk? The only thing that makes me think is the marking on the side, but that's probably just a pen right?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Moogs posted:

Is there any reason to believe this is not a legit Berserk? The only thing that makes me think is the marking on the side, but that's probably just a pen right?

Looks okay. The markings are someone using a sharpy to fix the whitening of the edges.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

Looks okay. The markings are someone using a sharpy to fix the whitening of the edges.

I never thought to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
From Huey

• Locked thread