Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

No idea who this dip is, but I like this ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjRwNUQDRU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
you know just driving around the past few days in my whitey mcwhiteperson city I see very few Trump signs. this is a place that you couldnt go 50 feet without seeing W, McCain or Romney signs. i know Trump will win Texas but goddamn I'm going to be very curious to see how much closer it is than 2012.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
+1 vote in Harris county

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

you know just driving around the past few days in my whitey mcwhiteperson city I see very few Trump signs. this is a place that you couldnt go 50 feet without seeing W, McCain or Romney signs. i know Trump will win Texas but goddamn I'm going to be very curious to see how much closer it is than 2012.

The key word here is city, I've been doing some driving between Austin, Houston and Dallas and I-10 and I-45 outside of the cities feel like they're wallpapered with Trump/Pence signs.

The urban / rural split feels more dramatic than I've ever seen in this election.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

The key word here is city, I've been doing some driving between Austin, Houston and Dallas and I-10 and I-45 outside of the cities feel like they're wallpapered with Trump/Pence signs.

The urban / rural split feels more dramatic than I've ever seen in this election.

I'm in the West Texas area dude, I can guarantee you this is as red as it gets.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I'm in the West Texas area dude, I can guarantee you this is as red as it gets.

Where abouts in west Texas? I've got kinfolk out near Midland/Big Spring that I haven't seen in a year - you're not seeing signs but how batshit crazy is it out there?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I made the drive from Dallas to Austin yesterday and saw one Trump sign on the side of the highway.

But in Denton County in the morning I saw my first Trump truck. Like the whole back of it just plastered with Trump That Bitch this and that.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I voted, I don't feel good about (for obvious reasons), but I voted all the same.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

citybeatnik posted:

Where abouts in west Texas? I've got kinfolk out near Midland/Big Spring that I haven't seen in a year - you're not seeing signs but how batshit crazy is it out there?

The usual suspects are beginning to lose their minds on social media. Granted these are the same people that blame Obama for the price of oil today but conveniently forget who was in office during the 6 years prior. They're also the ones that think Breitbart is the only legit news source left and 13 Hours was a documentary. If I had a dollar for every roughneck wanting to lock her up I'd never work again.

The more educated and successful people I know are really conflicted. They don't like Hillary and never will. 20+ years of running the Clinton name through the mud will do that I guess. However, they can't stand Trump either. Some are Christians that find his beliefs towards the poor and sick to be abhorrent. Some are people that look at his record and realize the only thing he's successfully done was be born hilariously rich. Whether they'll actually do it is one thing, but most I've talked to have said they're either staying home or voting for Johnson. Either way, I can't say I know anyone that actually believes in Trump. Some will vote for him, but these are people that hold election parties and like to play local politics kingmaker; they're just not that supportive about the whole thing.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I don't think it'll have much effect on the vote to be honest. Public support for Trump is toxic as hell right now and most people are avoiding it.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
I voted Trump last week because of this thread. I'd planned not to vote at all, just like every other election.

I told my wife I voted for Gary Johnson.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The usual suspects are beginning to lose their minds on social media. Granted these are the same people that blame Obama for the price of oil today but conveniently forget who was in office during the 6 years prior. They're also the ones that think Breitbart is the only legit news source left and 13 Hours was a documentary. If I had a dollar for every roughneck wanting to lock her up I'd never work again.

The more educated and successful people I know are really conflicted. They don't like Hillary and never will. 20+ years of running the Clinton name through the mud will do that I guess. However, they can't stand Trump either. Some are Christians that find his beliefs towards the poor and sick to be abhorrent. Some are people that look at his record and realize the only thing he's successfully done was be born hilariously rich. Whether they'll actually do it is one thing, but most I've talked to have said they're either staying home or voting for Johnson. Either way, I can't say I know anyone that actually believes in Trump. Some will vote for him, but these are people that hold election parties and like to play local politics kingmaker; they're just not that supportive about the whole thing.

My most educated and successful [ex] friend is pretty much the former. Straight up alt-right douche and uses terms like Shitlary and Texit unironically. Also has the obligatory hunting picture with a rifle and a dead animal. Among the rest of the people I know and on facebook, it's either pro-Hillary or "gently caress both candidates".

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I voted Trump last week because of this thread. I'd planned not to vote at all, just like every other election.

A Trump voter who votes out of spite and lies about it? Say it isn't so.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Number Ten Cocks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbc_Qw8FxA

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
+1 for Hillary in Guadalupe County-- my husband finally voted.
This is his first time voting and we are 45 years old.
He served in the Marine Corps and then the Navy and retired with 20 years in.
He said there was no way in hell he would allow himself to be a part of making Trump Commander in Chief. He felt not voting would make him complicit.

I thought it was a vote against Trump but last night I listened to him passionately defend Hillary and praise her abilities when a coworker asked him about it. This is a guy who never bothered with politics for the entire 24 years of our marriage. Now I can't get him to turn off MSNBC and CNN in the evenings because he wants to "hear what idiotic thing Trump said today."

I am very happy.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Another 2 votes for Hilldawg in San Antonio. Place was totally empty except for some old women taking a selfie with their I Voted stickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JVNMmsN3Co

GenSpecific
Aug 17, 2005
IT'S IDEAS LIKE THIS THAT GET PEOPLE KILLED!!!!

Slippery Tilde
Well never got my absentee ballot. Pretty sure it's jus classic west African mail failure, though i got my primary ballots. Hurts not to drop one for hilldawg.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Twerk from Home posted:

Gps messed up on me and a buddy, sent us out of Austin through Kyle and Wilberly. Trump land is real.

Still we're a good amount of estate homes (manors?) with Clinton Kaine signs though.

Saw a polling place at Wilberly with people out by the road waving an American flag and Israeli flag together.
No pics, was too busy getting the gently caress out of there.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 9, 2016

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dallas for Abuela, y'all.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

7:13 PM

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Early vote in Bexar went 53% Hillary, 41% Drumph

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

skipdogg posted:

Early vote in Bexar went 53% Hillary, 41% Drumph
I'm proud to be a small part of that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Travis county early voting went 68% Hillary

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yeah, I came home from work, see my parents watching the news and the national tracker popped up "Texas: 48%/48%"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
KTSA-SA 107.1 covering the election, host asks crowd who should run after Trump loses, crowd goes wild for Pence.
Hosts asks for running mate, one guy yells, "Good enough on his own!"

Host: What about Ted Cruz?
Crowd: "Boooo" "Noooo" "Eughhhh"

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FOR gently caress'S SAKE TEXAS. I'm so glad I work at a liquor store I'm gonna need this.

For Texas going Drumpf way.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 9, 2016

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
It's looking like HISD is not going to send in the robin hood money they're supposed to. Come and take it, state lege.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

So is Austin going to secede now, or what?

:rip:

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

FBS posted:

So is Austin going to secede now, or what?

:rip:

No, but we have already accepted the fact that we're having to fund our own roads now. Prop 1 passed, so that's some good news tonight... (Also, getting in as much posting here as I can before this account gets perma-:abuela:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Bexar county turnout was about the same as 2012. 57% compared to 56.5% in 2012.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Please just leave the state already. There a lot of states that have legal pot, go there.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R-Type posted:

Please just leave the state already. There a lot of states that have legal pot, go there.

Trump's DEA is about to say gently caress off to state's rights and bust up every pot shop in the country.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Well, then you get the penal experience, which will still work out regardless.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
So I picked a hell of a year to come to Austin and go to election night parties with my friend.

There was loving traffic. loving rain. loving TRUMP.

I also saw a girl rage out on a Trumpinata with a baseball bat.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

e_angst posted:

No, but we have already accepted the fact that we're having to fund our own roads now. Prop 1 passed, so that's some good news tonight... (Also, getting in as much posting here as I can before this account gets perma-:abuela:

Yeah but if Trump nukes the US economy those bonds probably are going to be lot more expensive than they were planning on.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

skipdogg posted:

Bexar county turnout was about the same as 2012. 57% compared to 56.5% in 2012.

We tried our best in Harris County.

Obama: 587,044
Romney: 586,073

Clinton: 702,569
Trump: 543,227

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Hillary picked up 600k over 2012, Trump 100k. That's pretty amazing in its own right. It isn't our fault she lost!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The silver lining is that Ed Gonzalez and Kim Ogg might actually be able to keep Harris County free of the worst of some of it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

halokiller posted:

We tried our best in Harris County.

Obama: 587,044
Romney: 586,073

Clinton: 702,569
Trump: 543,227

Bushiz posted:

The silver lining is that Ed Gonzalez and Kim Ogg might actually be able to keep Harris County free of the worst of some of it

Yeah I'm really excited about all the Dems that won in Houston, genuinely amazed she did so well. Maybe Ed will give me a job since I interned for him at city hall a couple of years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/texas-state-university-police-looking-into-trump-vigilante-fliers/jhWSmmhNxxuTXZaQJiYhNI/

Bets on this being legit or something on the level of the people slapping up those "for white people only" stickers on minority owned businesses during SxSW to 'create discussion'?