Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

florida tanked heavy, currently in mid 40s, not looking great. has anyone besides tangy cut bait?

The last 2 counties aren't going to get Hillary the 68K she needs to pass Donald. I would recommend bailing if you can.

Note: not financial advice, I may be totally wrong and the vote totals can somehow adjust from the heavily democratic counties that have already reported later

edit: 1 county left and Donald has a 81K lead now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
I got spooked and cut for a few bucks loss, but I only had 50 shares in.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Viking_Helmet posted:

I got spooked and cut for a few bucks loss, but I only had 50 shares in.

Buy into OH against Rep and win it back :v:

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

florida tanked heavy, currently in mid 40s, not looking great. has anyone besides tangy cut bait?

Yes. I had $600 in there, and pulled all but 150 out of there a few minutes ago. Thanks for the tip, Tangy.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

RepNo is ridiculously going DOWN with only 1 county to go. BUY OH AAAAAAAa

you're welcome Snow Job

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
drat. Florida ate my profits. Will probably break even but drat.

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

very glad I didn't buy shares in any states cause these results are very weird

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fidel Castronaut posted:

drat. Florida ate my profits. Will probably break even but drat.

My drat old lady just cost me a fortune telling me not to day trade that market lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

now im like oh god what if I'm wrong about FL and OH

definitely weirdness but it's kept me entertained so far tonight

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What about Michigan? I bought some at 70 cents.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

i cut 1/3 of my shares at cost but im probably stuck with a big loss if clinton cant even up with the next Broward dumps

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

god drat fuckin florida!!!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

jarofpiss posted:

god drat fuckin florida!!!

Oh what you thought the swings would be easy?

:unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh: :unsmigghh:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

i cut 1/3 of my shares at cost but im probably stuck with a big loss if clinton cant even up with the next Broward dumps

So full openness on my part here, I am a retard and didn't realize the colored counties by Google weren't like fully reported in and they were just coloring based on segmented "dumps" of votes.

I did realize this about 5 minutes ago as I finally saw the light gray "XX% Reporting" percentage in their UI. FL is at 74% at this point.

OH is only at 28% (and actually Donald just took the lead by 200 votes).

So I may have hosed myself on Ohio.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Prices are dropping in national markets. I guess from Trump winning all these states.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I only bet on national markets. I'm slightly up right now still. Should I sell?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

sincx posted:

I only bet on national markets. I'm slightly up right now still. Should I sell?

If you bet on Hillary winning I would hold.

But what do I know, I just probably lost $60 in Ohio because I mis-read vote data :)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im extremely into these 1k+ swings in my g/l but I think I'm gonna go with my gut and let the alcohol take the wheel from here on out

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm dumping everything. Gonna lose a few $k. Huge disaster, I think Trump wins the whole thing. Death is certain. Can't talk too much now, trying to get whatever I can for my worthless shares.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Yeah, tonight's not going great. Was up by a lot 2 hours ago. Those were better times. People really didn't mind voting for Donald Trump for president.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Ohhhh poo poo brexit

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Major Arzy going down in this thread. FL and NC eating into my profits but :abuela: will win in the end

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm dumping everything. Gonna lose a few $k. Huge disaster, I think Trump wins the whole thing. Death is certain. Can't talk too much now, trying to get whatever I can for my worthless shares.

this isnt a joke btw, im 100% serious

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vox Nihili posted:

Since you have better instant than me, I am taking your lead.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm on board with this but I figure if I lose everything I put in Trump is still the bigger problem than my $$$ loss

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Yah if trump wins i think i lose crazy serious money in the market this week. Much more than the 1k or so here.

I'm trying to dump these shares though but nothing is going through.

edit, watching tv feels just like brexit night.

Baddog has issued a correction as of 03:49 on Nov 9, 2016

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

in retrospect lmao at the idea of betting 3k USA being racist and dumb as gently caress

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm staying firm on my piddly $375 and hoping Hilldawg comes out on top to get a slight positive withdraw.

Good luck my big money bros.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
she cant win if she loses florida, nc, mich, ohio.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ride or die. Not pulling out on anything.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yes. I was drinking for fun and now I'm drinking out of necessity. gently caress Florida.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
i. cant. stop. the. bleeding.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

lmao im gonna lose 3k on the candidate that is so bad that i wasn't even willing to vote for her over 3rd party

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

George H.W. oval office posted:

Ride or die. Not pulling out on anything.

Same. Not that I have a ton at risk compared to others here tho.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

lmao im gonna lose 3k on the candidate that is so bad that i wasn't even willing to vote for her over 3rd party

Yeah, the irony that I voted for Stein is not lost on me as I watch my losses. I pulled out early from Florida, but I'm keeping everything else in til the end to teach myself a lesson. A very expensive lesson.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

BCRock posted:

Yes. I was drinking for fun and now I'm drinking out of necessity. gently caress Florida.

I'm with you :cheers: :smith:

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Discospawn posted:

Yeah, the irony that I voted for Stein is not lost on me as I watch my losses. I pulled out early from Florida, but I'm keeping everything else in til the end to teach myself a lesson. A very expensive lesson.

LOL I voted Stein too. I pulled out of all markets. I am ok if I lose a few hundred personally but the non-Trump candidate end up winning.

If Trump does win I need some spare money to buy fallout bucket food.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:abuela: will carry WI VA PA CO NV and win a squeaker

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just bought 1500 Dem No in Wisconsin.

Edit: actually didn't because order didn't go through and price shot up. Site is busted.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Nov 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Just bought 1500 Dem No in Wisconsin.

Edit: actually didn't because order didn't go through and price shot up. Site is busted.

I've quit trying to play the market and I've just carved my eyes out because where we're going we don't need to see

• Locked thread