Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

:cripes:

This is just embarrassing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Kuroyama posted:

But the flashback said it was just a kiss, and Mavis wouldn't lie about her relationship with Zeref, right?

So when I said this, I was being kinda sarcastic, and that Mavis did in fact lie about her relationship with Zeref.

I'm only saying this because I'm like 2 for 3 in FT predictions in this thread, and I want to put my official prediction for what's going on now as Zeref took a bit of Mavis (like 3 hairs or something), combined it with a bit of himself in the same thing he grew Natsu in, and some time later, Rakheid.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to talk about Gajeel, my favorite character, now.

I remember thinking his name was Gazelle early on.

I still think Redfox is not that good of a last name, yet I have no problem at all with Gazelle.

Either way I wish he hadn't gotten the shaft in power creep.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I'm going to talk about Gajeel, my favorite character, now.

I remember thinking his name was Gazelle early on.

I still think Redfox is not that good of a last name, yet I have no problem at all with Gazelle.

Either way I wish he hadn't gotten the shaft in power creep.

He's still doing better than nearly every female character.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

He's still doing better than nearly every female character.

Sorta goes without saying.

Gajeel was so cool at the beginning of the Tenrou arc, fighting off 2 dudes at once - chicken head and the other guy - but then that's his whole contribution during that arc, while the rest of the cast get to beat up God Slayers and whatever.

loving power creep.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't really know how to take the last couple chapters, except this one was complete filler anyways

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kuroyama posted:

So when I said this, I was being kinda sarcastic, and that Mavis did in fact lie about her relationship with Zeref.

I'm only saying this because I'm like 2 for 3 in FT predictions in this thread, and I want to put my official prediction for what's going on now as Zeref took a bit of Mavis (like 3 hairs or something), combined it with a bit of himself in the same thing he grew Natsu in, and some time later, Rakheid.
I'm hoping you're right, but knowing Mashima it will probably be horrifically gross.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hate-Senpai posted:

Sorta goes without saying.

Gajeel was so cool at the beginning of the Tenrou arc, fighting off 2 dudes at once - chicken head and the other guy - but then that's his whole contribution during that arc, while the rest of the cast get to beat up God Slayers and whatever.

loving power creep.

Don't forget about his fight with Rogue in the Magic Games. "Let me remind you why you feared me" is a wonderfully metal line.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I am extremely surprised that Mashima has not done any hentai before drawing/writing Fairy Tail.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I can only assume you know that because you were searching for it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kuroyama posted:

Don't forget about his fight with Rogue in the Magic Games. "Let me remind you why you feared me" is a wonderfully metal line.

I loving love Gajeel and I'm glad his relationship with Levy worked out.

The Magic Games had some really great scenes.

I think my Top 1 is Ezra soloing the entire dungeon herself, and my Top 2 is Laxus beating the poo poo out of the entire Dark Guild run by his dad.

Ironically I barely remember anything about the plot of the Magic Games.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

I can only assume you know that because you were searching for it.

Looked up what he has written on wikipedia.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hahaha "Only his mother can defeat him!"

a bunch of nobodies from the literally who??? guild beat him

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I'm willing to buy it because it took 3 of them working together, and Sting in particular had a good power matchup.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Why the gently caress are they listening to that old lady telling them that Lucy getting naked and rubbing up on unconscious Natsu is going to do loving anything to help him survive. Like, why the gently caress would that help anything?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Because it's Fairy Tail and pervy stuff works when it really, really shouldn't

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Angry Grimace posted:

Why the gently caress are they listening to that old lady telling them that Lucy getting naked and rubbing up on unconscious Natsu is going to do loving anything to help him survive. Like, why the gently caress would that help anything?

Don't understimate the power of blatant fanservice friendship!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Angry Grimace posted:

It wouldn't be as effective as a fire or another high heat external source, but getting naked with someone entering hypothermia for maximum skin contact while under thermal layers, like a blanket, is an emergency survival strategy. 98.6 degrees of skin contact is effective enough at stabilizing the beginnings of hypothermia.

Of course, in this situation you'd want multiple naked people under some blankets with Natsu. Probably not Grey, but everyone else including the cats and the old lady would be a valid emergency treatment for Natsu's falling body temperature. Ideally after they do some quick cardio/calisthenics to get their own body temperature up.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I thought it was pretty creative? I mean, that's the power of friendship with some actual logic behind it.

Certainly better than the jerking off that wrote the rest of the chapter

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiderdrake posted:

I thought it was pretty creative? I mean, that's the power of friendship with some actual logic behind it.

Certainly better than the jerking off that wrote the rest of the chapter

Nah the jerking off wrote the last couple chapters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Jerking off is the core writing mechanic of the whole manga. Jerk off, hang with your friends, and draw some rad dragons. That's the ethos of the manga.

Zeref's staunch stance against all three things is why he's the big bad of the series.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I mean sure but this stuff is just dull and crappy

Didn't we cliffhanger off Erza's identity or something? Level of this writing I assume we're going to come back to them both half-naked after skipping that explanation

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spiderdrake posted:

I mean sure but this stuff is just dull and crappy

Didn't we cliffhanger off Erza's identity or something? Level of this writing I assume we're going to come back to them both half-naked after skipping that explanation

Well, Eileen's identity, but yes 5 chapters ago we ended on the identity cliff hanger. Also Eileen and Erza are already half naked. Erza was wearing her boob bandages and pajama pants outfit, while Eileen was in her Dragon's Crown, but skimpier, cosplay.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fairy Tail Manga Thread 3: Lucy, Hurry Up And Strip

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Gyges posted:

Jerking off is the core writing mechanic of the whole manga. Jerk off, hang with your friends, and draw some rad dragons. That's the ethos of the manga.

Zeref's staunch stance against all three things is why he's the big bad of the series.

Acnologia is the one who's against everything this manga stands for. Zeref's mood is a little trickier.

Zeref's mood depends on things like the weather, how hungry he is, if he read a really great book recently, if he's holding in a nasty fart, etc.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gyges posted:

Well, Eileen's identity, but yes 5 chapters ago we ended on the identity cliff hanger. Also Eileen and Erza are already half naked. Erza was wearing her boob bandages and pajama pants outfit, while Eileen was in her Dragon's Crown, but skimpier, cosplay.
Wasn't there a thing about who Erza actually is or something? It's hard to remember Fairy Tail.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Say Nothing posted:

Fairy Tail Manga Thread 3: Lucy, Hurry Up And Strip

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

Acnologia is the one who's against everything this manga stands for. Zeref's mood is a little trickier.

Zeref's mood depends on things like the weather, how hungry he is, if he read a really great book recently, if he's holding in a nasty fart, etc.

I thought Zeref's core problem was that he couldn't hold in his nasty farts that kill everything around him and that's why he wants to kill everyone.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gyges posted:

It wouldn't be as effective as a fire or another high heat external source, but getting naked with someone entering hypothermia for maximum skin contact while under thermal layers, like a blanket, is an emergency survival strategy. 98.6 degrees of skin contact is effective enough at stabilizing the beginnings of hypothermia.

Of course, in this situation you'd want multiple naked people under some blankets with Natsu. Probably not Grey, but everyone else including the cats and the old lady would be a valid emergency treatment for Natsu's falling body temperature. Ideally after they do some quick cardio/calisthenics to get their own body temperature up.

They're not in a snowstorm and Natsu literally eats fire. Just throw him in a goddamn bonfire.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

I thought Zeref's core problem was that he couldn't hold in his nasty farts that kill everything around him and that's why he wants to kill everyone.

Logically sound.

Can't kill everyone if you've already killed anyone.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Look if this helps push Natsu and Lucy to the inevitable conclusion even one page faster than I'm all for it. I'm pretty sure they're literally the only couple left to hook up.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kyte posted:

Look if this helps push Natsu and Lucy to the inevitable conclusion even one page faster than I'm all for it. I'm pretty sure they're literally the only couple left to hook up.

I won't allow that couple, just as I will not allow Erza and Gerald.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I thought they hadn't hooked out because Natsu had some weird backstory girlfriend that the author forgot about

That I forgot about

That everyone forgot about

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Spiderdrake posted:

Wasn't there a thing about who Erza actually is or something? It's hard to remember Fairy Tail.

Erza is either just Irene's daughter, or she's the Kami to Irene's Demon King Piccolo. Jury's still out.

Spiderdrake posted:

I thought they hadn't hooked out because Natsu had some weird backstory girlfriend that the author forgot about

That I forgot about

That everyone forgot about

Way back when it seemed that Natsu might not still have been over Lisanna. But I think at this point, you can say it's just because Natsu and Lucy are idiots who refuse to admit they wanna bang.

chumbler posted:

As long as you have no problems with best couple Gajeel and Levy, we won't have any problems.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

I support you. Fight the good fight

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gerald x a shallow grave

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kyte posted:

Nah, Lucy's destined to be with Leo. Natsu is less interested in sex than Goku.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kuroyama posted:

As long as you have no problems with best couple Gajeel and Levy, we won't have any problems.

:hfive:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gerald x a shallow grave

Apparently that fucker needs a pretty deep one to stop coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I haven't read Fairy Tail in over a year and decided to pop into this thread and check out the latest chapter. Am I correct in thinking that this recent bad guy seems to have the magical ability to make people experience sexual pleasure?

• Locked thread