Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
They taste of chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I saw a plastic baby get spiked and I'm mad as hell.
e: classic noir film which ends with a chase scene along London's south bank. Ring any bells?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

So the movie was, in fact, The Demolitionist, and it sucks. Nobody watch this garbage movie. I only made it far enough to confirm the one line that I sort of remembered and I had to shut it off.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

So the movie was, in fact, The Demolitionist, and it sucks. Nobody watch this garbage movie. I only made it far enough to confirm the one line that I sort of remembered and I had to shut it off.

I think it's a "so bad it's good" kind of film, personally, but then again I watched it when I was like thirteen. I mean back then I liked Carnosaur and Arcade.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Mr. Squishy posted:

e: classic noir film which ends with a chase scene along London's south bank. Ring any bells?

Maybe Night and the City?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Super vague, but: horror movie, possibly darkly comedic, possibly about monsters/aliens/shapeshifters of some kind, where a punk teen gets a face piercing swiftly and bloodily ripped out in a ?supermarket. I feel like it was a lip piercing, possibly nose, don't think it was an ear one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

VROOM VROOM posted:

Super vague, but: horror movie, possibly darkly comedic, possibly about monsters/aliens/shapeshifters of some kind, where a punk teen gets a face piercing swiftly and bloodily ripped out in a ?supermarket. I feel like it was a lip piercing, possibly nose, don't think it was an ear one.

Not sure, but I know that in Land of the Dead, someone gets their belly button ring pulled out.

There was a bunch of supermarket bloody horror in The Mist. Could it be that?

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Thanks but definitely not those two. Think I saw it around the early 2000s and it was definitely a male teen with the piercing somewhere on their face; I seem to remember a lot of focus on the blood running down his face. The impression I have is that things were mostly normal in the store before it happened (including bright lighting), may have been some kind of heated conversation or the punk acting macho and having this be his comeuppance. It was either a human or something disguised as one that actually grabbed it and ripped it out. Unfortunately I don't remember what the movie was actually about. I feel like it was a horror-style movie but not really horrific in tone.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

therattle posted:

How about NMS tagging as well as spoilering that? I really didn't want to see that and I'm angry at you that I did. loving rear end in a top hat.

You're joking, right? If not... jesus dude, relax.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

VROOM VROOM posted:

Thanks but definitely not those two. Think I saw it around the early 2000s and it was definitely a male teen with the piercing somewhere on their face; I seem to remember a lot of focus on the blood running down his face. The impression I have is that things were mostly normal in the store before it happened (including bright lighting), may have been some kind of heated conversation or the punk acting macho and having this be his comeuppance. It was either a human or something disguised as one that actually grabbed it and ripped it out. Unfortunately I don't remember what the movie was actually about. I feel like it was a horror-style movie but not really horrific in tone.

doubt this is it, but Mario Van Peebles gets dragged around by his earring by Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

credburn posted:

I think it must be Hulu because there was some nudity in it (much less than one would think) and I don't think YouTube allows that?

YouTube allows nudity. YouTube Kids does not.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

david_a posted:

PLOT TWIST: From reading the plot summary, there's a fair chance that baby is the antichrist

please, he had a family

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

VROOM VROOM posted:

This definitely happens in Disturbing Behavior, but there are no monsters involved.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
That's probably it then, the trailer is ringing some bells. I think I was trying to extrapolate what it could be about based on the "something's wrong/people are not as they seem" vibes I remembered. Thanks dude, that one little moment has been bouncing around in my head for years.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

So, I caught this horror movie on HBO about fifteen years ago and remember very little of it. I remember at one point, the main group enters a house, or maybe a garage, and there are bodies hanging around, including one torn in half, with the guts hanging out. I also remember a conversation between an older man and a young guy, about the old guy having gay sex and him saying something like, "When you're in your golden years, you gotta try everything."

I'm also thinking that body snatching was involved, but I don't think it was a remake or anything. I'm also seeming to recall that it took place in a small town.

I tried this a couple of pages back, and I'm really hoping someone can tell me what I'm looking for.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Spatulater bro! posted:

You're joking, right? If not... jesus dude, relax.

I'm not joking, and dammit, I won't relax! :argh:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

This scene came up in movie scene conversations at work today, and my coworker and I could not remember what movie it was from.

It's definitely a comedy where a mob of people are chasing after someone or a couple, and in the chase, the mob passes a fat construction worker on his break getting ready to eat a candy bar. The construction worker decides to join the mob in the ensuing chase, takes two steps, looks at his candy bar, shrugs, and goes right back to eating.

Edit: Oh God, it's Little Nicky. Up to this point, we were talking about good old movies, but Little Nicky? :(

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 5, 2016

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Little Nicky had its moments.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Leavemywife posted:

I tried this a couple of pages back, and I'm really hoping someone can tell me what I'm looking for.

Top of the Food Chain (Invasion!)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Top of the Food Chain (Invasion!)

Holy goddamned poo poo, you're right! Thanks a ton!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Skunkrocker posted:

Little Nicky had its moments.

I will agree that Popeye's Chicken is the shiznit.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
This movie had a huge Asian baddie in it, I mean physically huge, who was brought down at the end when one of the goodies whirled and threw a chain at the valve of some kind of tank and blasted the baddies face with some gas or something.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Leavemywife posted:

Holy goddamned poo poo, you're right! Thanks a ton!

If memory serves, everything in that movie had a really stupid name. Probably the only reason it stuck with me.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kraps posted:

This movie had a huge Asian baddie in it, I mean physically huge, who was brought down at the end when one of the goodies whirled and threw a chain at the valve of some kind of tank and blasted the baddies face with some gas or something.

That sounds like the kind of thing that would happen in Riki Oh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ9IZybfXyI&t=103s

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

ladron posted:

Shoot the ball good?

Late,

But yes, Shoot the ball good.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Kenyan(?) movie about a guy going to the big city and getting hosed over. Climax is him running away while all of his friends get gunned down by cops, and then he delivers a soliloquy in a play that he's part of.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

computer parts posted:

Kenyan(?) movie about a guy going to the big city and getting hosed over. Climax is him running away while all of his friends get gunned down by cops, and then he delivers a soliloquy in a play that he's part of.

City of God maybe?
Brazilian movie though, there is a cop shoot out at the end and the main guy gives a speech at the end.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I half-remember this film that in my mind I have titled East Asian Alamo, or maybe Defense of the Coastal Mud Castle.

Things that were probably in this movie:
-Throwing a torch or flaming-something-or-other at a guy climbing a wall to shoot him with arrows, possibly at night
- A (subtitled) quote "Shall I throw the torch?" When one side's dude is climbing the wall but his friends are seriously(?) considering shooting him because he's a dick, again, possibly at night.
- Set in period with bows and arrows, castles, and gunpowder, NOT a post-apocalypse kind of thing.
- Primitive gunpowder landmines or booby traps in the castle courtyard that don't work as planned.
- It had to be made sometime before 2008.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trying to remember a movie on scifi channel, horror-ish. It was about a woman who's like a dark angel coming to the city, she shacks up with a dude and she talks about evil people in the city, and there's a politician on the tv and she implies he's one of them. Her bf is like "oh yeah whatever I voted for him"

and later she sees a couple cops hassling a black man and is about to go ham but I didnt see the rest. I want to say it's called Dark Angel or something but that's the Jessica Alba show

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dark Angel The Ascent?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Roumba posted:

I half-remember this film that in my mind I have titled East Asian Alamo, or maybe Defense of the Coastal Mud Castle.

Things that were probably in this movie:
-Throwing a torch or flaming-something-or-other at a guy climbing a wall to shoot him with arrows, possibly at night
- A (subtitled) quote "Shall I throw the torch?" When one side's dude is climbing the wall but his friends are seriously(?) considering shooting him because he's a dick, again, possibly at night.
- Set in period with bows and arrows, castles, and gunpowder, NOT a post-apocalypse kind of thing.
- Primitive gunpowder landmines or booby traps in the castle courtyard that don't work as planned.
- It had to be made sometime before 2008.

Might be Beach of the War Gods. Did some guy reflect light with his swords to blind his opponent several times throughout the movie?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I'm trying to remember something I saw from before 1990. The only scene I recall from it was a kid leading a blind man through a corn field. It's possible they were being chased by someone, or maybe the blind man was chasing the kid, I'm not sure. Either way there was a kid, a blind man and a corn field.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Alris posted:

I'm trying to remember something I saw from before 1990. The only scene I recall from it was a kid leading a blind man through a corn field. It's possible they were being chased by someone, or maybe the blind man was chasing the kid, I'm not sure. Either way there was a kid, a blind man and a corn field.

Blind Fury

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
That was ridiculously quick, thanks!

While I'm here I'm going to quote myself from way upthread in the hopes it jogs someones memory on one no-one got

Alris posted:

A subtitled Chinese martial arts film from the 70's-80's involving two brothers/friends who train under some monk ninja master or something with a fuller face (though he isn't fat). About halfway or two thirds of the way through the movie, the monk guy is possessed by a demon and either dies or is killed, cue brothers/friends swearing revenge on the entity responsible.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

punchymcpunch posted:

Might be Beach of the War Gods. Did some guy reflect light with his swords to blind his opponent several times throughout the movie?

Hmm, I don't think so. Nothing from a few youtube clips for Beach of the War Gods looks like with what I remember.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Dark Angel The Ascent?

Prooobably

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Black and white Japanese film which begins with a man in a white suit (the devil) stalking and killing a guy in a field, because he wants to worsen a dispute between a union and employers.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Black and white Japanese film which begins with a man in a white suit (the devil) stalking and killing a guy in a field, because he wants to worsen a dispute between a union and employers.

Pitfall.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Thirsty Girl posted:

Lance Henriksen is the greatest man to have ever lived

I don't think you know how to spell Kurt Russell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

octagonoctopus
May 4, 2014
Trying to remember this movie it's like a fake documentary using all black and white archival footage it's about like a conspiracy against the world think aliens and maybe bugs were involved but I don't think it had any speaking there were like different sections with title cards maybe and the name I think had a number in it? Like maybe something somethings 77?