Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

toanoradian posted:

Sorry, I'm already from a country with Sharia law. Not the Fuhrer I'll be saluting every day of my life :smug:

https://twitter.com/NBCBLK/status/796176758865170432

America, will you disappoint this old black lady?

Legit wondering if Trump winning would cause her heart to give out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
Soooo... This isn't going well...

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Mister Adequate posted:

Clinton's people talking to CBS have been pointing out that Dems freak every time because Fairfax County comes in real late. Virginia Dept of Elections site has her within 3,000 votes: http://results.elections.virginia.gov/vaelections/2016%20November%20General/Site/Presidential.html

She's still probably going to win VA, but not by nearly as big a margin as desired.

here's the problem, though. this is where they thought VA was going to be in her map:

if VA becomes that close, that cuts her off in...let's just say colorado. she loses.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

VA at 90% reporting & 47.6% Trump to 47.2% Clinton

I hope they had a good ground game in Richmond.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

OctaMurk posted:

Here is a nice dose of medicine for everyone:

http://results.elections.virginia.gov/vaelections/2016%20November%20General/Site/Presidential.html

VA GOV showing clinton ahead

Hillary is +5,000 votes now

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Well, Virginia closed to within .3% (47.6% T to 47.3% C), but with 90% reporting. I guess it could happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

spacetoaster posted:

I thought you said bacon there for a second, lol.

Seriously though, everyone complains about how horrible and vicious people on either side are getting and this post is a good example of that. Like, instead of saying "hmmm why aren't people voting democrat and what can we do to fix that" you're like: "those not voting democrat are sub-human scum"

And now Trump could actually be president tomorrow.

Please explain to me why people who vote for a nakedly racist candidate that has zero to actually offer aren't horrible garbage people?

And Hillary's main problem is being a woman who is assertive and that drew ire from every single right wing nutcase for decades and its hard to over come that. All you have to do is say some crazy poo poo over and over and people start believing it, and the media never ever challenged it openly, just blindly going along with whatever bullshit Wikileaks or some other poorly sourced site poo poo out.

Jesus christ 10k between Trump and Hillary.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
NBC not able to pull numbers from public websites.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hammerstein posted:

Dang it's almost 4am here in the old world, but this is exciting.

2 hours ago you told me that only the rural votes were in and it meant nothing. What is going on ? :confused:

People like to repeat that, but it genuinely doesn't mean anything. Case in out: the past three hours.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

but that's true.

You have missed the entire plot of this election.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MizPiz posted:

Can't wait to see what the Democrats fail to learn from this election.

our 2020 nominee running on a campaign of "lets get america Back To Work :thumbsup:"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chickenfrogman posted:

So if Trump somehow wins, odds on him getting murdered before he gets inaugurated?

I'm going to lol if it's the democrats that go on shooting sprees after this election after talking so much poo poo in this thread.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

OctaMurk posted:

Here is a nice dose of medicine for everyone:

http://results.elections.virginia.gov/vaelections/2016%20November%20General/Site/Presidential.html

VA GOV showing clinton ahead

Pssssssst. She's losing even with Virginia right now.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

reagan posted:

This was people who never recovered post-2008 telling DC to gently caress off. Regardless of who wins it looks like they got their message across. Now we all have to deal with the consequences.

Plus, you have ~50% of the country who automatically see red when they hear the name Clinton. It was an uphill battle no matter what.
I said a couple of weeks ago that the Clintons were the Brown Note for the Republicans. Consider tonight to be the confirmation of that.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Clinton winning the popular vote but losing the electoral college (per NYT right now) seems to fit our world.
You know what would really be the cherry on top of this poo poo election? Faithless Electors.

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.

ImpAtom posted:

No she isn't. Losing VA means she lost, period. It's done.

Clinton's not losing VA

jvilmi
May 29, 2004
Where do I follow this poo poo live? I don't like this CNN poo poo they cant shut the gently caress up

drunk euro out of beer and this is looking ugly now

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
Hillary takes lead in VA

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Establishment Dems are ALREADY blaming third party voters? LOL

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Well hopefully this is going to be a Dewey Defeats Truman scenario. What does it mean for the future of the Republican party if this election is tighter than the 2012 election?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
What channel has everyone else decided to watch this on? I went with the BBC because I'm a pretentious douche.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Clinton leading in VA.

OH man that's a relief, don't think it's likely to shift back (fingers crossed).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Current Virginia polls according to CBSN:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

shove me like you do posted:

if only the democrats had a candidate with massive grassroot support that they could've run

They wouldn't have turned out for him, either.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I have way too many friends and family getting shook and coming to me to arzy and this thread Ain't helping!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
120k for Hdawg to take Florida. I don't think that is realistic :(?

Also Ohio why?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

AceOfFlames posted:

SOmeone please tell me right the gently caress now why this will not lead to the end of Human civilization (either nuclear winter, making GBS threads over climate change mitigation, etc) and why I should not start researching ways to make a peaceful exit.

because the president is not a dictator that gets to make all the decisions?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey Clinton's leading in VA, how's that

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Deadulus posted:

Is there hope for Michigan still?

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Loving Life Partner posted:

:siren: TRUMP DOESN'T NEED VA :siren:

He's winning NC, he's winning MI, he's winning FL, if the trends don't reverse NOW, he WINS.
NC is at 57% reporting, MI at 17%. FL is much narrower and I defer to other people, but there are very likely still a lot of people in line to vote in Florida.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Chichevache posted:

What channel has everyone else decided to watch this on? I went with the BBC because I'm a pretentious douche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZOW_9rVkdo

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Periodiko posted:

Hillary Clinton took the lead in VA.

Just came to post this. VA Dept of Elections has her just pulling into the lead by a few thousand.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You think Putin will be at the inauguration?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

No she isn't. Losing VA means she lost, period. It's done.

Lol she's up in VA and gaining a bigger lead

halwain
May 31, 2011

This sure is a thing.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Hopefully President Trump makes minorities realize that they need to vote.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChadSexington posted:

Clinton's not losing VA

Oh no, she's now winning by an iota of a percentage point. Surely this is Good News For Hillary Clinton and not an utter loving disaster.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

9:48 pm: Nevada Exit Polls:

Voted Early (54%)

Clinton +6

Voted Today: (46%)

Trump +11

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bashez posted:

That's not how this works. Trump's winning ALL of the battleground states.

And if he actually wins them all then I'll be wrong and I'll have bigger things to worry about than being wrong on the internet.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Assuming Trump starts a trade war with China, are there historical examples of that leading to a real war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Just loling at people blaming 3rd part voters when they're more likely to have voted for Trump.

• Locked thread