Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Nibbles! posted:

Reminder that Robets sat opposite Brian Cox, ignored everything said to him and just kept saying 'show me the empirical evidence' over and over.

It also made him look like a bellend, which is really its own reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Sportsbet has Donald loving Trump at $1.28 holy hell

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Maybe that overclocker isn't so dumb after all.

open24hours fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 9, 2016

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
It would appear that there is now no possible road that the Clinton cause can take that leads to a victory. :smith: I was hoping for some slight sparking in the gathering darkness but whelp. gently caress my life. World's fukt. Brexit II (etc.)

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=us%20election%20results

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Cartoon posted:

It would appear that there is now no possible road that the Clinton cause can take that leads to a victory. :smith: I was hoping for some slight sparking in the gathering darkness but whelp. gently caress my life. World's fukt. Brexit II (etc.)

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=us%20election%20results

If she wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconson, New Hampshire and Nevada. It's her last bet.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I have a slight end-of-times feeling about this election.
Holy poo poo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

EoinCannon posted:

I have a slight end-of-times feeling about this election.
Holy poo poo

Yeah, this is definitely getting into "remember where you were when X?" territory.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
World is Fukt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The year that Australia, the UK and America voted for the absolute Wrong Thing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

The year that Australia, the UK and America voted for the absolute Wrong Thing.

And Colombia voted against peace.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't forget Duterte!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
World hosed, so what?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Unironically, baby boomers are probably to blame.

Thanks, A-Boomer.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I'm glad the labour party hasn't abandoned it's support base like the democrats. They deserve to take this L. I think Australia will fair well from this, we look like a stable investment again.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Turns out we all can't get along.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

quote:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/11/07/10/52/bill-shorten-should-resign-if-donald-trump-wins-coalition-mp

A coalition MP has called for Bill Shorten to resign as opposition leader if Donald Trump wins the US presidential election this week.

Mr Shorten has previously described Mr Trump as "barking mad" and questioned his suitability to be leader of the free world.

"Bill Shorten cannot work with a President Trump, he doesn't have the ability to build rapport with him," Liberal MP Luke Howarth said today, days out from the US election.

Last month, Mr Shorten told a conference at Parliament House that Mr Trump was "entirely unsuitable to be the leader of the free world".

Mr Shorten said the Republican's actions had "gone beyond farce", following the release of a video showing the US property tycoon making obscene comments about women.

"By his own words and his own actions, he's confirmed the worst fears of millions in the United States and beyond its borders that he is entirely unsuitable to be the leader of the free world," Mr Shorten said.

However, Mr Shorten is by no means the only Australian politician who has expressed contempt for Mr Trump.

Last month, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull called Mr Trump's comments about women "loathsome".

New Labor MP Emma Husar went even further, calling the brash real estate mogul a "pig".

"He's an absolute repugnant animal," she said.

Former Prime Minister Tony Abbot's chief of staff Peta Credlin told Sky News that Mr Trump's "locker room talk" was not unusual in Canberra.

"That stuff went on in Canberra and I would call it out and the gutless wonders would look at their feet," she said.

Pity Shorten is likely going to have to work with Trump.
Also a Trump victory is only going to embolden the Liberal Right.

Ora Tzo fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 9, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i don't think 'do i work with the united states of america' is a question you scan really answer in the negative in the 21st century, chief

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

BBJoey posted:

i don't think 'do i work with the united states of america' is a question you scan really answer in the negative in the 21st century, chief

Why ask? The entire movement is towards isolationism. We'll be kicked before we're thrown.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BBJoey posted:

give it six months

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Old white men are the future

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
maybe building a sea wall is a winning policy after all

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I was F5ing the ABC website US election ticker at work all afternoon.

All hail our fake tanned overlord, Commander in Chief Toupee.

Imagine being the marine honor guard person who will have to salute him. :psyduck:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Trump faced his own personal Vietnam remember: worrying about STDs.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Always bet on orange

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I cannot wait to have to deal with a galvanised ultranationalist movement in Australia now

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Recoome posted:

I cannot wait to have to deal with a galvanised ultranationalist movement in Australia now

Every beach hereby renamed Cronulla.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Recoome posted:

Australians don't like Donald Trump, though. It would be a mistake to associate with him.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
So Australia didn't gently caress up democracy the worst this year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Frogfingers posted:

Australians don't like Donald Trump, though. It would be a mistake to associate with him.

Australians do like racism and pretending to care about the working class tho

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

rapeface posted:

Between trump, brexit, duterte, we didn't even make the podium

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

rapeface posted:

We didn't actually gently caress up that badly, to be fair. We just failed to vote well. The libs can't do a loving thing about anything.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Frogfingers posted:

corey_bernadi.jpg

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Do we even like fuckheads like Malcolm Roberts? I assumed all the racists are a bit weirded out by him, and just wanted someone more like Hanson.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Frogfingers posted:

Hanson and Benardi think he's the bee's fuckin' knees

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This really is the second industrial revolution with globalisation in place of industrialisation. Except instead of tge working class aligning behind Marx and Engels espousing a violent communist revolution they chose a fascist violent revolution.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Wonder if Pyne regrets saying that Clinton would be the best result this morning.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

what a time to be alive

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
This is why you don't disenfranchise enough of the populace to cause tipping points like this.

But nobody ever learns that lesson.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Upside is that I won $40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010