Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Empress Brosephine posted:

lol @ pretending Trump being president is going to make your life so miserable and horrible starting at 12 AM tomorrow. Your lives will be the same for the next four years, you're not going to start going into the streets and get murdered by white folks

I have a serious chronic disease and an Obamacare exchange plan, Obamacare basically keeps me able to afford to live. Trump presidency and (R) congress basically destroys the lives of a ton people when Obamacare is toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Show of hands: who here thinks the US will be a member of the UN in four year's time?

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Please do not kill yourself. Please don't.

Yeah, don't do it yet. I suspect that I will, but you should give it some time first. Might change your mind.

makoto20
Nov 23, 2006
Rachel Maddow actually groaning in pain as Trump reaches 228

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Disgusting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Polygynous posted:

I think I found your problem.

How about "better for poor folks than Republican policies are"? Although I guess the "gently caress it, both parties suck" element might have mattered a little bit.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Iowa for Trump

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Nature is upended. Trees begin to walk and move under their own power. Animals tear chunks of flesh from their own bodies. Birds fall from the sky. Poll numbers become indecipherable glyphs of profane providence. A sickly wind blows from the clear yellow sky.

Arzy walks among us.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 9, 2016

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

It's us, we were the corncobs all along.

IT'S NOT TRUE
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED
I'M NOT OWNED

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Someone start a thread on facing the actual, impending reality of a certain Trump presidency.

If you're straight, white, purebred, republican male you're OK. A little less if you're a woman but meet the remainder criteria. Points deducted if you're a democrat but still meet the remaining criteria. From there, I can't say.
Whatever gerrymandering is left to do, consider it done.
SCOTUS - gone.
Environment - hosed.
Black lives - don't matter.

.... I don't want to continue. Someone else take over.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

LeJackal posted:

What is the source on this?

Google.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Fox News calls WI and IA for Trump. Pack it in. The game is over. We now sit back and see what comes of America over the next 2~4 years.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Torpor posted:

Bernie won michigan unexpectedly and Hillary is now doing shittily there. This is literally the message.
A lot of people hate the Clintons. Irrationally. Strangely. Bizarrely. Unexplainably.

They believe they've done things that there is absolutely no proof of. They think they've murdered dozens of people over a 40-year reign of terror. They think Bill has raped multiple women. They think Hillary was personally okay with the deaths at the Benghazi compound. They think that she was literally stashing and sharing Top Secret documents on her private e-mail server. They think her loving aides take part in Satanic rituals.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JohnnySavs posted:

Yay President Pence.

Yeah please God nothing bad happen to Trump. Seal him in a bulletproof bubble for the next four years.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

fox news calls wisconsin for trump

short of an electoral split or an insane upset in arizona or alaska, the race is over

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

borkencode posted:

Are there other official state precinct report pages like the VA one from earlier in the thread?

NPR has a late (as loving always) predicted win for Clinton.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

spotlessd posted:

Oh wow you mean a whole year of lecturing them about this with examples from pop culture didn't change anyone's mind?

Well, you see, when I try to persuade people over to my point of view, I try to throw insults at them which immediately miss the mark, don't make them feel ashamed, and make them vote against you.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Florida to Trump, 77% win guess

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I am not okay with what's happening tonight. This next month is not going to be great for me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Acid Haze posted:

Trump crosses 1 million votes in WI with 70% reporting as Clinton crosses 940k....

I am in shock really it hasn't totally hit me yet.

Hold on to that feeling as long as you possibly can. I'm totally sick. There is nothing good that can come of tonight. Maybe Clinton still wins. That would be the infinitely better outcome but either way this country is far worse than I ever guessed.

And there goes Iowa.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Nature is upended. Trees begin to walk and move under their own power. Animals tear chunks of flesh from their own bodies. Birds fall from the sky. Poll numbers become indecipherable glyphs of profane providence. A sickly wind blows from the clear yellow sky.

Arzy walks among us.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Maybe Trumps policy was the better one all along. Maybe he did win the debates.
Maybe the whole concept of statistics is a lie. Maybe math does not exist. Why the hell did I get a masters in something which might not exist?

I am incredibly confused. I want to blame the American electorate, or white people, or the media. But none of that is consistent with anything. Nothing makes sense, everhing is meaningless. It's 5:30 AM now. for a few weeks now, I've been depressed and this gave me the rest.
I am going to sleep. Maybe I will wake up with a positive outlook. But maybe I will just stay in bed for a few days. Nothing good happens in November.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Y'all are hilarious a BLOO BLOO BLOO my imperialist overlord will be blatantly loving me over instead of clandestinely, yeah well welcome to the rest of the loving world bitch. Now you get to be the third world butthole getting bent over by the huge American penis, feels good huh??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

GreyjoyBastard posted:

How about "better for poor folks than Republican policies are"? Although I guess the "gently caress it, both parties suck" element might have mattered a little bit.

Who am I to argue with fifty+ years of history.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Alright yeah I'm worried now.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Obamacare pays for my medication. Jesus, what the gently caress do I do now?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

BlueberryCanary posted:

Oh gently caress, I am seriously afraid now. I am transgender, and have already started taking hormones. This is a path that I cannot stop. If trump wins, the republicans will have full control of the federal government and of my state (Texas). They will absolutely ruin any and all rights I have. gently caress, I am really freaked out that they may even ban hrt for us, (which would cause SERIOUS health problems for me now, both physical and mental) or force us to wear patches (leading to more targeted violence and bigotry) or march us into camps with other lgbt people. I thought I was doing better. I may actually kill myself now. And gently caress now I can't sleep.

I am in the exact same state and boat as you, and I swear to god we will survive. Please.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Show of hands: who here thinks the US will be a member of the UN in four year's time?

poo poo, I wouldn't lay money on their *being* a UN in 4 years. Sanity evidently isn't popular among the world right now.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Wisconsin and Iowa projected for Trump.

Trump projected to win the Presidency.

It really happened.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

JawKnee posted:

calm the gently caress down dude - it sucks that the orange racist got elected rather than the corporate centrist but it literally won't mean a thing more for us one way or the other
Oh it will for health care, and the debt, and environmental policy, and the west's relationship with Russia among other things.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Florida just got called. I'm scared for you my brothers and sisters south of the border.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

A lot of people hate the Clintons. Irrationally. Strangely. Bizarrely. Unexplainably.

They believe they've done things that there is absolutely no proof of. They think they've murdered dozens of people over a 40-year reign of terror. They think Bill has raped multiple women. They think Hillary was personally okay with the deaths at the Benghazi compound. They think that she was literally stashing and sharing Top Secret documents on her private e-mail server. They think her loving aides take part in Satanic rituals.

Who the gently caress cares why? They hate her, so she's a bad candidate. Don't run people if they're not liked, even if the reasons don't make sense.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
oh my god

speng31b
May 8, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

Maybe Trumps policy was the better one all along. Maybe he did win the debates.
Maybe the whole concept of statistics is a lie. Maybe math does not exist. Why the hell did I get a masters in something which might not exist?

I am incredibly confused. I want to blame the American electorate, or white people, or the media. But none of that is consistent with anything. Nothing makes sense, everhing is meaningless. It's 5:30 AM now. for a few weeks now, I've been depressed and this gave me the rest.
I am going to sleep. Maybe I will wake up with a positive outlook. But maybe I will just stay in bed for a few days. Nothing good happens in November.

Figure out what went wrong, do better next time.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
No. Politics is not a game. It's the world. It is not the one we were supposed to have, but it's the one we made. We did this. We did it with open eyes and willing hands. We broke it, and there is no putting it back together.
I would tell you to pray, but it wouldn't do us any good. We have earned what is coming to us.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

JawKnee posted:

calm the gently caress down dude - it sucks that the orange racist got elected rather than the corporate centrist but it literally won't mean a thing more for us one way or the other

Oh word? The guy threatening a door to door deportation force won't change things? The guy who is threatening to remove the health insurance of a friend of mine who otherwise would have to spent over $5,000 a month just on medication won't change anything? Obama's slow reversal of the war on drugs stopping, that's not gonna change?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Live USD chart here, might want to witness the crash and burn:

http://ca.investing.com/quotes/us-dollar-index-streaming-chart

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Look on the bright side, we are about to live in interesting times.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Wisconsin is called its game over. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Crazy Ted posted:

Bill did rape or at least sexually assault several women tho

• Locked thread