Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
lmao

Just the lmao for the Buster Sword after I pulled three Ragnarok. I guess Zack can use it for a stat stick.

I thought some items weren't gonna be available in this PULL though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

What I'm curious about is why they're coming out with this new thing with only three USBs out. Maybe they intend for them to coincide?

There are five USBs (Tyro, Faris, Eiko, Aerith, Vanille). USBs aren't really a new tier of SB, they're just the heal/utility version of OSBs.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Pulled in hopes of getting relevant FF7 and 8 soul breaks. Got Bartz's Cloak and Galuf's Kaiser Knuckle. Mission not successful.

Though I should start considering giving Bartz the 6* spellblade skill now.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

IllegallySober posted:

Sorry I took this pull from someone else since I already have one of these :(

The Cuirass is pretty nice too, I think.

Don't combine the Ragnaroks, right?

Ugh, pulls like this making me waver on not pulling. I could really use more V and VIII synergy, but I just know I'll end up with old VII junk...

But no, I wouldn't combine the swords. That sword has 167 atk when fully upgraded, while my Excalibur (IX)+ with 19 rosetta stones only has 156 ATK.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

i got zells ssb, an old seph sb katana, zacks buster sword, and vincents cape. ive pulled 5 ff7 armors and 16 weapons over the life of the game.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I was really hoping for one of tifa's wepons, or drat well anything from ffv. Instead this lucky draw decided to further empower my ffviii synergy with rinoa's first sb and seifer's ssb.

This makes both my third sword and third throwing magic weapon in ffviii. I could combine the first two, but they're better and I guess I can keep this for fujin. This does mean I'm now fully future proofed with 5* weapons for everyone in ffviii except selphie. And I mean seperate weapons too. I also now have both of seifer's defensive boosting sbs, and all of rinoa's sbs save her bsb. I guess I can use her en-earth sb to power her original double quake sb? Maybe just spamming the en-earth one would be better though.

Edit: oh wait, poo poo. Laguna can use swords. That means I can double combine irvine's guns, and give laguna the revolver. Thus letting squall use his bsb sword, and seifer his ssb sword.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 9, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Up to four VIII relics now- wouldn't have minded a Medica or a sword, but it's a good pull for Zell.

Bob Locke
Dec 31, 2007
Wizard Staff (VII)
Wizer Rod (VII)
Bartz's Cloak (V)
Gold Barette (VII) Rosetta Stone

Cool, synergy armor with en-element, with that and Air Knife Bartz will be a wind god. That BSB looks really meh though, probably gonna stick with Relm SSB. Wish one of the commands did damage instead of... +Mind? Why?

drat good for 25 mythril though. Might be able to field a mage team in VII now. Aren't raise medicas pretty decent for Multiplayer? Guess I can look forward to that.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Wasn't gonna pull on this one because V, VII, and VIII are all my strongest-synergy realms (not that that means much right now), but I couldn't resist.

Pretty drat happy about having an OSB finally, especially since I have Cloud's SB and Bartz's Cape. I don't have water-god Tidus but I guess I'll have Wind-god Cloud instead.

Party Dress seems kinda meh, just because I don't recall seeing many earth-weak enemies.

Aevis Killer seems pretty drat good, though. It's not quite Faris's BSB, but unless I'm mistaken it will stack with Full Break and Breakdowns, and Ark Blast if I ever get that, I guess. Won't say no to more mitigation, especially without a native Wall. So many characters, so few eggs...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only got one, but it was Bartz's Ragnarok. Always knew the burst relics would start rolling in once the next tier was released.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Got Vincent's SSB (Enfire :toot:), Yuffie's SSB, and Lenna's Medica.

All in all, a good pull.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
a 2nd Lucky Draw nets me another Zack Buster sword

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Well, in light of...recent events...I may be playing this game less in the coming months as I scramble to find employment and head back to Canada before they get their poo poo together and start stripping me of human rights. :smith: Best of pulls to all of you, and to you Americans who are gender, sexuality, religious, or racial minorities...godspeed.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Well, in light of...recent events...I may be playing this game less in the coming months as I scramble to find employment and head back to Canada before they get their poo poo together and start stripping me of human rights. :smith: Best of pulls to all of you, and to you Americans who are gender, sexuality, religious, or racial minorities...godspeed.

I had given up looking for international employment when Hilary was so far "ahead" in polls. Oops, now the rush begins.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Cubs' curse had to go to someone

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Good luck to you, truly. I have no loving clue what I'm going to do.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I know this isn't the right place for a discussion about it but my heart is broken tonight for everyone affected by this.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Bob Locke posted:

Wizard Staff (VII)
Wizer Rod (VII)
Bartz's Cloak (V)
Gold Barette (VII) Rosetta Stone

Cool, synergy armor with en-element, with that and Air Knife Bartz will be a wind god. That BSB looks really meh though, probably gonna stick with Relm SSB. Wish one of the commands did damage instead of... +Mind? Why?

drat good for 25 mythril though. Might be able to field a mage team in VII now. Aren't raise medicas pretty decent for Multiplayer? Guess I can look forward to that.

Don't discount any BSB medica with a spammable medica command. Being able to heal your whole team every turn for like 6 turns in a row (the medica SB itself, followed by 5 uses of the medica command) is very powerful and beats out the high regen from Relm's SSB by a fair margin.

Also, yeah... sorry everybody. I don't know what this country is thinking, or how so many people could think this was a good idea.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 9, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm with you friend. I'll still be out and proud as always but I'm terrified. Sending love and hugs to everyone in the coming storm.

In an attempt at on topic discussion, I think my mage meta team has surpassed my actual A Team by a mile. Having sheepsong and strange vision to stack MAG to the sky along with Maria BSB and Russia SSB for some sweet DEF and aoe damage... man I can't wait to take this for a spin.

Edit: Phone posting hazards. I meant Rydia SSB but I'm leaving that auto correct because it's hilarious.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 9, 2016

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Ahahaha, figures that I finally get a Hastega and it's loving Lunatic High! :bravo: Also got Vincent's Cape. Trying my best not to whine too much about 2 5* unique soul breaks but man I would exchange them both for one decent VIII relic in a heartbeat.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Lion and Prishe, huh? Keeping XI fully female to date.
Feeling confident about this one making it to Global.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Hogama posted:

Leon and prishe makes far more sense for ffxi representatives than curillia and ayame though. Maybe we'll see zeid and aldo next.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I just unlocked Cid's XP RM, and reading about it, someone mentioned that you can tell if it procs at the beginning of a fight because there's a little puff of smoke animation or something? Does that mean you can just SL sundaily rounds until it procs to guarantee double XP for that character, or is that info incorrect?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does that mean you can just SL sundaily rounds until it procs to guarantee double XP for that character, or is that info incorrect?

Even if it is correct why would you waste the time? Seems dumb as hell considering the amount of S/L involved in getting it to proc.

20% chance means 4/5 times you would be reloading...

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 9, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I just unlocked Cid's XP RM, and reading about it, someone mentioned that you can tell if it procs at the beginning of a fight because there's a little puff of smoke animation or something? Does that mean you can just SL sundaily rounds until it procs to guarantee double XP for that character, or is that info incorrect?

No, things like RM procs and drops are determined as soon as you spend the stamina.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

djfooboo posted:

Even if it is correct why would you waste the time? Seems dumb as hell considering the amount of S/L involved in getting it to proc.

It would absolutely be worth S/Ling for a 20% proc for double EXP, like super worth it.

Zurai posted:

There are five USBs (Tyro, Faris, Eiko, Aerith, Vanille). USBs aren't really a new tier of SB, they're just the heal/utility version of OSBs.

Right, I forgot about the ones released post-Anniversary. Still, I would've thought they'd have ramped up production of OSBs/waited until they had more than five of the new type/waited six months before introducing a New Thing. I thought wrong!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It would absolutely be worth S/Ling for a 20% proc for double EXP, like super worth it.

Time > A roster full of 99's

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

No, things like RM procs and drops are determined as soon as you spend the stamina.

Ah, thanks, figured it was too good to be true.

djfooboo posted:

I'm slowly working towards Luneth's XP RM and going from 80 to 99 is just a brutal grind regardless. 30 stamina is an hour and a half of waiting, 4 S/Ls is like 30 seconds. Spending like 5 minutes across the entire day S/Ling to get essentially double Sundailies would definitely be worth it for powerleveling the hell out of someone in a pinch, but otherwise yeah it would be pretty tedious.

Then again I'm terrible and I end up S/Ling that many times for pretty much every Ultimate and above fight anyway when I screw up or the RNG just shits on me, so I'm just used to it at this point.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

djfooboo posted:

Time > A roster full of 99's

What if my time is worthless and the exchange rate is still favorable :chord:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah I mostly play this when I am bored / stuck somewhere / in the bathroom so I'm now exactly stressing out over wringing the most productivity out of my time.

If my time were valuable enough to worry about a couple of minutes every week I probably wouldn't be playing this to begin with.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Hogama posted:

Eh, where is the translated stuff from?

Attestant fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 9, 2016

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

Leon and prishe makes far more sense for ffxi representatives than curillia and ayame though. Maybe we'll see zeid and aldo next.
It was less about eligibility and more about curiosity about DeNA's representative timeline - Prishe was a shoo-in given her popularity and Dissidia appearances, but she's also post-Shadow Lord in plot importance. Curilla and Ayame could be seen as representatives for Bastok and San d'Oria along with Shantotto for Windurst. But there's an even simpler explanation with Prishe - the Rose Quartet. :downs:

Attestant posted:

Wh, where is the translated stuff from?
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Hogama fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 9, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Ah, interesting. Seemed almost like a FFRK announcement on a first glance. Hopefully it means Global will get some of this love too, then.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
My RW was summoned 86 times yesterday. :catstare: I guess my triple-pull of the IX hairpin made my Tidus extra enticing.

Is the OK banner so exciting to everyone because of the OK relics? Because I don't see myself ever wanting to use the character . . . and I've pretty much exhausted my mythril reserves for now. None of the other upcoming banners look tempting to me, so I am probably just going to save up for XIV.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Grimalkin posted:

My RW was summoned 86 times yesterday. :catstare: I guess my triple-pull of the IX hairpin made my Tidus extra enticing.

Is the OK banner so exciting to everyone because of the OK relics? Because I don't see myself ever wanting to use the character . . . and I've pretty much exhausted my mythril reserves for now. None of the other upcoming banners look tempting to me, so I am probably just going to save up for XIV.

Even if you don't care about Onion Knight, there's a different Hastega, an enWind, and an instant-cast medica on the banner. It's really good.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Did FFRK Central mention anything about not putting up datamined enemy stats? For the last few events (DU 26, Our Story, Golden Arena) they've neglected to put anything up, and I wasn't certain if this was just temporary or a result of DeNA locking down the game data.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Lucky Draw got me the Wizer Rod and Laguna's Jacket. In the past week I have more than doubled my amount of Bursts.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NGDBSS posted:

Did FFRK Central mention anything about not putting up datamined enemy stats? For the last few events (DU 26, Our Story, Golden Arena) they've neglected to put anything up, and I wasn't certain if this was just temporary or a result of DeNA locking down the game data.

Didn't the enable some of the data encryption stuff during the last update?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Attestant posted:

Didn't the enable some of the data encryption stuff during the last update?
I heard about that, but then how is Reddit managing to dig up boss stats and AI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

I just asked the webmaster. He said "That's because the latest update borked my backend. I've been working like a madmen to figure out the new encryption and get it back. I'm working on it as we speak. Reverse engineering is fun (not)." He says he's close to figuring it out, though, so fingers crossed.

• Locked thread