Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kentucky fans ripped us for a year straight for comparing him to Hakeem.

DO YOU SEE IT NOW ASSHOLES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

morestuff posted:

It's been really weird watching Kemba play this year, basically every shot he takes is a good one

I know he's been making shots, but I don't know that his shots are particularly good choices. I haven't watched him much this season, however.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Wait a sec, they kept the interim coach? The gently caress?

edit: The Knicks were 18th in defense last year

Whenever Phil does anything
Remember this image

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.
Random news:
Stocktons kid signed with the New Zealand Breakers this morning.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

dokmo posted:

I know he's been making shots, but I don't know that his shots are particularly good choices. I haven't watched him much this season, however.

It might just be a mirage since he's hitting everything, but looking at the NBA stats site more of his makes are coming off assists and he's taking fewer mid-range shots

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Dejan Bimble posted:

Whenever Phil does anything
Remember this image

I'd be on board with this theory but that Noah contract is telling me otherwise.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

People tried really hard to blame it on the fact that it was in a football stadium, but every Final Four since has done it without anything approaching that nightmare. Even the game on the aircraft carrier was higher quality.

Kemba Walker got MOP immediately following the game which he totally deserved but yikes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

What confuses me is why were people picking them to finish 4th in the east in the preseason. They swappwed a guy wh o fits really well next to Monta for a guy who doesn't, they signed like a median quality pf who doesn't shoot threes (while promising to speed up the pace and space it out) and signed big Al for the bench. That was it. They also got rid of a demonstrably good coach for a demonstrably okay coach.

Paul George is great, Myles Turner could be a special player but then...?

It looked like they could play offense finally in preseason and were still playing defense. That's why I had them fourth. It also looked like they could do that the first game of the season. After that, though, not so much.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Also Nate McMillan puts his pin on the wrong side of his jacket. That just kills team chemistry.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Josh Smith is now a Sichuan Blue Whale. He's taking the Hassan Whiteside/MWP route back into the NBA.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spite posted:

One day I watched a shitton of Pistol Pete footage.

There's grainy rear end footage of Pistol Pete doing it in college.
There's footage of him doing just about every cool fake and/or dribble move you can think of.

It was time well spent, I have to say.

Legit. Pete invented moves that weren't even possible in the space-time continuum until he demonstrated the physics.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Mr. Mambold posted:

Legit. Pete invented moves that weren't even possible in the space-time continuum until he demonstrated the physics.

Why does nobody do the bounce pass that goes the other way anymore

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

cisneros posted:

Why does nobody do the bounce pass that goes the other way anymore

Cause their coach will bench them the first time their teammate doesn't catch it. See Jason Williams for reference.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796131255817359361

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

Josh Smith is now a Sichuan Blue Whale. He's taking the Hassan Whiteside/MWP route back into the NBA.

Sichuan Blue Whales is a Utah Jazz/LA Lakers level what the heck name.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
"Metta, chill" bird voice

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

what the gently caress

wish the rockets had drafted him instead of canaan

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Boosh! posted:

I'd be on board with this theory but that Noah contract is telling me otherwise.

Noah is literally the best player on the team right now.

And he's teaching my son how to ball :)

edit: if you want stats to back that up, he is team-best in BPM and VORP. Meanwhile Porzingis is easily their best offense and will likely be the overall best player on the team by the end of the season.

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Nov 9, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Noah owns and I miss him a ton.

Taj is balling the gently caress out right now, though, he's been really good.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ron Artest shares with us his plans for when he is president

https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796087948089298944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796089606991003648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796087058485809152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796091806484045824?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
https://twitter.com/MettaWorldPeace/status/796085270781120512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 9, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Aight Memphis.

https://streamable.com/myn4

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i HATE regular white people who you can find videos of online.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Losing a 3-1 lead in the finals was a sign that we entered a very messed up universe

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Well, gentlemen, it was nice posting with you before basketball is banned as being subversive art in Trump's america

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Basketball is eternal.

Basketball will never die.

Also, LOL at pretending the economy is fine when it's not and then running a candidate who has NAFTA/TPP tatooed on their rear end.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

straight up brolic posted:

i HATE regular white people who you can find videos of online.

i hearby swear off white women, for they have been proven to be yacubian devils

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Losing a 3-1 lead in the finals was a sign that we entered a very messed up universe

I was ready to call it for Clinton when Trump came out with a 3-1 lead.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I want to die, and its not because the cavs lost.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Mavs won and this is one of the worst nights of my life. 2016-17 Mavs :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In non end of the world news, a super strange series of events happened in SAC/NOLA tonight:

With about 20 seconds before the half, Cousins was fouled. The Kings took the ball, missed, and the Pelicans scored.

The half ended.

During halftime, refs realized that the Pelicans were in the penalty and Boogie should have had free throws

Halftime ends.

They run back the clock and the Kings and Pelicans play out the last 20 seconds or so of the second.

The quarter ends, then they go on to the third.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I want to die, and its not because the cavs lost.

Cleveland winning a title threw the whole universe out of wack

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Cleveland winning a title threw the whole universe out of wack

Sounds like they need to repeat to put this dumb universe out of its misery :unsmigghh:

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Somewhere there's a universe where Draymond DOESN'T dickcheck LeBron for stepping over him, Bogut doesn't get hurt and the Warriors win in 6 like God intended, the British don't sever their ties with the continent, the Cubs lose in the NLDS like they're supposed to, and Donald Trump isn't the Commander in Chief of the US military. Actions have consequences yo.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spacebump posted:

The Mavs won and this is one of the worst nights of my life. 2016-17 Mavs :negative:

Same, except I don't even have a loving sports win to try to drown myself in tonight

And I loving toxxed for Hillary. Like half of this thread probably won't rereg after getting banned, and we just finally started to get people posting in here again

I'm loving ranting and raving like an idiot, and I'm too depressed to even get drunk properly :negative:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

trumps are red
hillaries are blue
basketball is still fun
and the warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the nba finals

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

please re-reg everyone it is only 10 dollars which will be worth half of what it is today tomorrow

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I better see all you goobers tomorrow, Rockets Spurs is gonna be great TV

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

straight up brolic posted:

please re-reg everyone it is only 10 dollars which will be worth half of what it is today tomorrow

The pound is going back up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tarbrush posted:

The pound is going back up!

Really we just did y'all a solid.

• Locked thread