Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Underground Railroad 2: Electric Boogaloo

JFC how the gently caress is this happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

The queer community won't need to worry at all, they'll probably all be shot by then.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cat Terrist, I promise not to ever LS-swap a rotary if you adopt me.

Who's in for the AI-straya compound?

The Locator posted:

Fake Edit: As I was typing this the numbers went to 50/45 and 900,000 votes tallied, but still red. If we go red with less than a 5% margin I'm going to go punch every Gary Johnson/Jill Stein protest voter right in the face.

Real Edit: Now 1% margin and 5% to 3rd party votes. Yep.. those protest votes don't count!

So very much this. Arpaio losing eases that sting ever so slightly but I still want to gently caress right off out of here.

Also, voted in a minimum wage increase but not that sweet sweet weed. Go loving figure.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
The RAV4 is going for inspection tomorrow. A bit nervous about this even though it is kind of the nicest car we have by a wide margin. I just finished doing a final round of degreasing and putting the stone guards back on. Had to wash it yet again to remove the thick layer of red dust. Finished Armor-All'ing the expanses of plastic finally. It looks really nice for it's age. I absolutely could not clean some of what seem to be my son's fingerprints off the inside of the glass though. The residue almost behaves like silicone after it's been wet / scrubbed.

I really cheaped out on the transmission oil. I just got 2.5L to replace what drained out when I was doing the CV boot, and put one tube of Nulon teflon stuff in. By volume it needed two but it's $20 a tube. It's just to give it a bit of a helping hand with keeping oil where it needs to go anyway.

I've been pushing to get it done because it's the most comfortable car and there's a long haul to and from a back procedure. Not on me. If it passes I'll actually put the time into trying to adjust the rear hatch so it doesn't bang around.

Not much to reply to there. I just wanted to say it because I've put a decent amount of time into it on a really short timeline and I'm sore, tired and anxious and just needed to vent. Getting cars back into order after they have been sitting sucks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Jesus loving Christ :aaa:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

As the world fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy... me, or everyone else.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Someone in my upper khaki leadership just sent out a pro trump gloating group text.

10 more loving months...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

So very much this. Arpaio losing eases that sting ever so slightly but I still want to gently caress right off out of here.

Also, voted in a minimum wage increase but not that sweet sweet weed. Go loving figure.

Yea, was happy about the sheriff race at least. Stupid old people can't let folks have their weed though.

I just played a little game - if all of the Johnson votes had gone to Clinton (or even half of them in most states) in the 'Trump is leading' states that are still too close for them to declare, there would be a 70 electoral vote flip to Clinton. So yea, those votes really did matter this year. So anyone that wanted Trump to win should go thank their local Johnson voters.

E: In theory we could still flip, as there are 350,000 early ballots that haven't been counted yet, and the current margin is only about 50,000 votes. Not sure what % of votes are counted overall.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 9, 2016

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Australia won't have me back unless I get sponsored by a company who can prove an Aussie can't do my job

NZ is the same

So is Ireland and Norway

I'm hosed

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
I need a Dewey defeats Truman here.

I have never been so relieved to be a straight white male with a relatively secure job in a (hopefully) stable field in a state that basically is its own country. Also a dual citizen (though I'm not sure Canada is far away enough if poo poo hits the fan and while I have a path to an ancestry visa in the UK, brexit).
I have never been so worried for people that aren't those things.

The good thing is that the gridlock and bureaucracy of Washington will likely gently caress up any grand Donald plans. He's not a dictator after all. He's America's Berlusconi.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

gently caress Johnson voters for real.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Time to bone up on my Canuckistani.

Previa_fun posted:

gently caress Johnson voters for real.

Right in the cunning linguals.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

iwentdoodie posted:

Someone in my upper khaki leadership just sent out a pro trump gloating group text.

10 more loving months...

The world will end before that. When he gets the football he's going to try it just to make sure it's real.

Also, I am NOT looking at my life savings in investments for at least a few weeks. I think I have it spread between equities/fixed income pretty well but holy poo poo. all bets are off. Hold onto yer butts.

There will be contesting and recounts, but that colorful individual is going to win.

Holy poo poo, I did not see that coming. I knew she was hated, but wow.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

Yea, was happy about the sheriff race at least. Stupid old people can't let folks have their weed though.

I just played a little game - if all of the Johnson votes had gone to Clinton (or even half of them in most states) in the 'Trump is leading' states that are still too close for them to declare, there would be a 70 electoral vote flip to Clinton. So yea, those votes really did matter this year. So anyone that wanted Trump to win should go thank their local Johnson voters.

E: In theory we could still flip, as there are 350,000 early ballots that haven't been counted yet, and the current margin is only about 50,000 votes. Not sure what % of votes are counted overall.

Why are you assuming that someone voting for GJ would vote for Hillary if they were forced to pick her or trump? 3rd party votes are not "stealing" from either candidate in the non-battleground states.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I wonder how hard Mexican immigration is.

They have better food, better weather, better people and will soon be separated from the US by a wall.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

They have better food, better weather, better people and will soon be separated from the US by a wall.

Mexico's president has been fighting American immigration since he got into office

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

Dear Mexico,

Want Arizona back? Please?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
So I needed to renew my passport and this reminded me.

loving LOL

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

Dear Mexico,

Want Arizona back? Please?

I'd be cool with FL returning to Spain at athis point. i mean gently caress, htey've still got a fort like an hours drive from me in st augustine.

Viva Espaņa, mis amigos

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Our new first lady was an illegal worker, taking jobs from US models as she was on a visitors visa. Now her husband is in office pledging to destroy those nasty illegals.

What a world.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I try my hardest to avoid political chat on the internet which is truly the cancer of online communities but this is pants on head slurred speech hitting on second cousin crazy. In the wrapping up moments of these last few weeks it's easy to say that had The Bern (not my choice at all) would have decimated Trump.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What a time to be alive.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hey anybody watching the Lakers game?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ko9TpduOhE

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Lakers look good this year, I think they're gonna turn it around.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Sieg heil mein cheeto fuhrer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih7N9_VUU4U

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Three couches claimed, we're now into sleeping in the back of Foresters. We still have room if you USA people that want to escape want to claim it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Now the Aussies seem like the sane ones.

What a world.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

Why are you assuming that someone voting for GJ would vote for Hillary if they were forced to pick her or trump? 3rd party votes are not "stealing" from either candidate in the non-battleground states.

Anecdotal, but every Johnson supporter I know was a hardcore Bernie supporter during the democratic primary. This is in a decidedly non-swing state though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Assuming I line up a job offer in canada I scored 91/67 on their immigration quiz, so there's that

nm
Jan 28, 2008

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Three couches claimed, we're now into sleeping in the back of Foresters. We still have room if you USA people that want to escape want to claim it.

But I keep hearing Aussies say "gently caress off we're full"?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Australia won't even let white people stay for very long so good fuckin luck lol

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

nm posted:

But I keep hearing Aussies say "gently caress off we're full"?

Only if you coming by boat.

Or vote Republican.

If you vote Republican you can stay the ever living gently caress out of Australia, we dont want that brand of stupid here

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

When is SAC coming in to gloat? :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

When is SAC coming in to gloat? :v:

His computer probably got repoed.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

nm posted:

His computer probably got repoed.

Sploosh

:toot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Now there's some bullshit that they won't call these last few states tonight?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Raise your hand if you're married to someone who holds three legitimate passports. The trick is figuring out which commonwealth/EU location is
A) sufficiently out of the jetstream of radioactive particles in the upcoming nuclear winter
B) climate-friendly to growing hops and other substances at my sheep, pig & chicken farm
C) still has solid internet so I can post gloating instagrams while the world burns

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Raise your hand if you're married to someone who holds three legitimate passports. The trick is figuring out which commonwealth/EU location is
A) sufficiently out of the jetstream of radioactive particles in the upcoming nuclear winter
B) climate-friendly to growing hops and other substances at my sheep, pig & chicken farm
C) still has solid internet so I can post gloating instagrams while the world burns

Canada's building a loving wall and gonna make murica pay for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
well I legitimately have no future now

thanks loving Bernie fucks and spiteful poor white people

please die, every last one of you goddamn wastes of perfectly useful skin

i'm gonna brace for dropping out of college and working fast food for the rest of my life so i can keep access to the drugs i need and whatever fucing new depths of bullshit they come up for lgbt people in this country

• Locked thread