Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

It's okay thread only a few more "republican voters are racist/sexist" posts and hillary will have this in the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
So now that I'm starting to accept the horrible reality of this, I'm coming back to something I've been crowing about for years: The Democrats repudiated Howard Dean's 50 State Strategy and allowed state-level parties to fend for themselves. This leads to a failure to provide good state-level, House and Senate challengers and at this point (and this is the part that mainstream Dems actually care about) I honestly think it's reducing Presidential election enthusiasm in some states.

If Florida had a really strong, tantalizing Senate alternative to Rubio, more Democrats might have come out to vote. But instead the Florida Democratic Party picked an empty suit.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Blind Pineapple posted:

So, uh, there's still a chance Trump pivots to the left, right?

ShahahahahahahahHhHhHjHhHhHhHHhhHHhHh

No

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Blind Pineapple posted:

ShahahahahahahahHhHhHjHhHhHhHHhhHHhHh

No

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Dear Great Britain, please take us back. We're sorry and clearly are not responsible enough to handle our own affairs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/740524064184369152

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Blind Pineapple posted:

Trump was elected on a wave of right-wing nationalist rage.

I don't think so.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Modern art could have decided this election. Abramovic's cum cookies saved Trump.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

well

ball's in your court now accelrationists

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Forgot social security lol

That's gone

Sorry disabled people . Your gonna die in a gutter

The entire social security admin may be gone by next year

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

The shaman said to sacrifice all those virgins to the volcano, but it's still erupting, what the gently caress.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/796234883634958338

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Welp. we won so much I got tired of winning...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Brannock posted:

I hold complete and utter contempt for credulous, quivering weaklings like you.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Fyuz posted:

Basically that you tell your kid to be polite, to not be a bigot, to do their research and be prepared and lol it doesn't matter cos Trump became President.

I recorded it, here's what he said

Van Jones posted:

" There's another side to this. People are talking about a miracle, I'm hearing about a nightmare. It's hard to be a parent tonight for a lot of us, you tell your kids don't be a bully, you tell your kids don't be a bigot, you tell your kids do your homework.... be prepared. Then you have this outcome, you have people putting children to bed tonight and they're afraid of breakfast, they're afraid of how "how do I explain this to my children?". I have Muslim friends who are texting me tonight saying "Should I leave the country?" I have families of immigrants that are terrified tonight. This was many things. This was a rebellion against the elites. True. It was a complete reinvention of politics and polls, it's true, but it was also something else. We've talked about race....and we've talked about everything but race tonight. We've talked about income, we've talked about class, we've talked about region, we haven't talked about race. This was a whitelash, this was a whitelash against a changing country, it was a whitelash against a black president in part, and that's the part where the pain comes... and Donald Trump has a responsibility tonight to come out and reassure people that he is going to be the President of all the people who he insulted and offended and brushed aside. Yeah when you say "you want to take your country back" you got a lot of people who feel we're not represented well either, but we don't want to feel that someone has been elected by throwing away some of us to appeal more deeply to others. This is a deeply painful moment tonight, I know it's not just about race, there is more going on than that, but race is here too and we gotta talk about it"

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

FourLeaf posted:

joe biden has even worse policy positions than clinton

clinton just lost to donald trump

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

crabcakes66 posted:

Trump was elected on a wave of right-wing nationalist rage.

I don't think so.

To be honest Trump does whatever the gently caress he wants.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

You gotta give it to Trump, he singlehandedly ended the Bush and Clinton dynasties. Until Chelsea or George P. Bush run, I guess.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Blind Pineapple posted:

About as much as the chance he doesn't use his new office to directly enrich himself and his friends.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

wow turns out scathing tweets don't win elections

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
So this is gonna be like when they deregulated open carry in Texas, so that anyone with a licence could walk around with an exposed holster unless each individual private business posted signs expressly prohibiting such. And each private business looked at the possibility of a bunch of dumb rednecks swinging guns around their offices and responded by posting 2 signs expressly prohibiting both open and concealed carry, so that now open carrying is actually more restricted than it was before the law passed.

This is gonna be just like that, right? Right guys?

Right?

:ohdear:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Bunleigh posted:

This is so fuckin scary. My family's future job prospects just evaporated along with probably the chance of ever having a second kid.

im sorry man

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

joe biden has even worse policy positions than clinton

policy positions dont mean poo poo

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anal Papist posted:

It's okay thread only a few more "republican voters are racist/sexist" posts and hillary will have this in the bag.

ya please insult me based on the narrative your facebook news feed developed for you without even knowing me that'll sway me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

We need to exile every liberal mediocrity who was elevated to hero status during the Bush years, onto a shipping container barge and shove them into the Atlantic Ocean before they can ruin the discourse again.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
loving Toomey.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
We were arrogant, and we need to honestly confront that fact.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hillary clinton lost to an orange clown

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

Forgot social security lol

That's gone

Sorry disabled people . Your gonna die in a gutter

The entire social security admin may be gone by next year

The markets are going to hit record lows.

I just sold $10k worth of my ESPP, heavily debating selling another $10k before it gets worse

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

vyelkin posted:

policy positions dont mean poo poo

See: Clinton on TPP as an example of this

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there may be nuclear bombs used in our future.

it may actually be the end.

this is deeply hysterical of course and no reasonable person would buy into those possibilities

but nobody reasonable envisioned a trump presidency becoming real

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

gonna laffo when until-recently-democrat trump subverts the gop into backing the most progressive presidency in american history

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Student loan reform lolololololol

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

100 degrees Calcium posted:

wow turns out scathing tweets don't win elections

trump won though???

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Weak rear end excuses like that are just cover for the real reasons. Well the second one barely is, but anyone who doesn't want a woman in charge is probably going with red pill hero Trump.

I think you're underestimating exactly how shittily milquetoast most of america is

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
I love the guy saying that you shouldn't call racists racist because it might hurt their feelings mfao

just lmfao

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

NecroMonster posted:

foodstamps, social security is hosed, medicade and medicare are both hosed too beyond even what the loss of the aca will mean to them

china's economy is probably going to completely collapse leading to them attacking their neighbors, so nuclear war there

and the loss of support for iran's legitimate nuclear power desires will lead to iran freaking out, which is bad because isreal is loving crazy as hell with a hair trigger on the nukes

There are so many layers to this poo poo lasagna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

JT Jag posted:

So now that I'm starting to accept the horrible reality of this, I'm coming back to something I've been crowing about for years: The Democrats repudiated Howard Dean's 50 State Strategy and allowed state-level parties to fend for themselves. This leads to a failure to provide good state-level, House and Senate challengers and at this point (and this is the part that mainstream Dems actually care about) I honestly think it's reducing Presidential election enthusiasm in some states.

If Florida had a really strong, tantalizing Senate alternative to Rubio, more Democrats might have come out to vote. But instead the Florida Democratic Party picked an empty suit.

:agreed:

this better be a hard loving lesson for the DNC

loving christ i would fine with hillary winning by slim margin, i just can't take this waiting

• Locked thread