Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is poo poo over?

Someone keep me up to date.

NO (but yes).

Donald is 16 EVs away. He needs one state.

or not? some places are showing 244 EVs for Trump, others show 254 :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is poo poo over?

Someone keep me up to date.

all over but the screaming

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

A Handed Missus posted:

NO (but yes).

Donald is 16 EVs away. He needs one state.

or not? some places are showing 244 EVs for Trump, others show 254 :shrug:

So which stsat edoes he need?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

1.) calm the hell down
2.) I've been fairly aware of the need to make sure people aren't left behind, doubly so now that I work with people daily who have been hosed over by society -- lazy poo poo posting on the internet to the contrary. Put frankly you don't know poo poo about the person who exits outside of an Internet forum.
3.) no one who made it through the democratic primary was going to appeal for the people who voted for trump tonight. That's a structural issue that the Democratic Party is going to have to examine in the post mortem
4.) in reaching out to these voters we can't abandon the principles of not loving over minorities because otherwise what's the point?
5.) I have/had an extremely personal stake in this election that I sincerely think you don't get so that tints my language and feelings. I am legitimately scared for myself and my family and a bunch of men taking victory laps before the proverbial corpse has cooled rubs me the wrong way. Now that I've reflected and let some things sink in I'm a little less angry.

Work for you?
You're right. That was unnecessary. I'm angry and worried and disappointed, and I lashed out. I'm having a rough go of things at the moment, for non-election reasons. I appreciate that you have a more direct stake in this than I do. Two of my best friends are trans, and the parents of the child that's the closest I have to a nephew are gay, but that really isn't the same thing. Calling you out wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 9, 2016

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So which stsat edoes he need?

Michigan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:siren::420: is gonna be legal in CA:siren:

So I may try it once before the bombs fall to see what all the fuss is about.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Two Finger posted:

Two Finger/Godholio 2020

I do have a Sting Ray and sunglasses. That's all that's required, right?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Should I tell the Obama-haters of the world that Trump isn't my president? R
They've been doing it for 8 years now so presumably it's ok.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

what the gently caress did you guys do

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Third World Reggin posted:

I do believe that doesn't apply to me or her.

EDIT: to clarify, she is LGBT and is worried about her future in Texas. Neither of us voted for trump.

This was a glib response.

Real talk: she needs to get a grip and get ready to fight. Partner and I talked and we were planning on getting hitched next summer after saving some money but we're going to the courthouse soon (poo poo maybe Friday) and getting the paper. Logic is it's easier to stop something before it happens than it is to dissolve something in place. We're planning on getting active, volunteering. We're also talking about moving to a more liberal city as a way to protect ourselves. Maybe nothing will happen. I'm not sure, but if it does I want to be proactive rather than reactive.

She needs to understand that nothing has happened --- yet. She needs to be vigilant and ready to stand up for rights if she has to. It's the sad fact of it. If they try to deport people or rollback marriage equality it is up to everyone who thinks "whoa that's hosed up" needs to be out in the street. That's how "we" survive this.

On another hand we need to understand how this happened and learn from it without compromising who we are as progressives (general term not labeling anyone other than myself ITT).

I'm rambling. I had a long day at work and another day of meetings tomorrow. This sucks and I'm going to try to go to bed.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
looking forward to all the FBI leaks on Trump in the coming weeks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You should have been living in grow country lol. People been growing and smoking it here with regard for the law since the 60s. I don't even know anyone who's bought legal weed before

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

You're right. That was unnecessary. I'm angry and worried and disappointed, and I lashed out. I'm having a rough go of things at the moment, for non-election reasons. I appreciate that you have a more direct stake in this than I do, and calling you out wasn't the right thing to do. I'm sorry.

We cool :hf:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

HARRY ENTEN 1:19 AM
The Associated Press has called Toomey the winner of the Pennsylvania Senate race. The Republican Party has officially retained control of the upper chamber of Congress with that victory.

So yep Republican Majority in Congress and the Executive.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The midterm election is going to be a bloodbath.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Supposing there's still a union or we're still alive.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If the world as we know it ends, at least I'll know that there's a dumb internet message board where a bunch of dudes can be chill after disagreeing

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Patiently waiting for the shittiest victory speech of all time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Godholio posted:

I do have a Sting Ray and sunglasses. That's all that's required, right?

i knew i had chosen wisely

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ROFL

My dad just woke up, and he's asking me to explain why a) this poo poo isn't over and, b) how Trump is a possibility

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

and so she spoke

and so she spoke

that wife of bill clinton

but now the rains weep o'er her halls
his victory was yuuuuuuuuge

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm in a period of mourning for this sick nasty avatar.

That said I'm worried I'm going to need a new one. Maybe with a Biden/:clint: theme of "let's get to work".

gently caress I need sleep.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Waroduce posted:

what are the serious implications of a trump presidency for our foreign policy? and like..domestically holy poo poo

to what extent can the executive be marginalized

This is going to be one hell of an interesting question to see answered by a Republican House and Senate.

Maybe we'll luck out and after a couple of months of "Jesus Christ, he said what?" we'll see legislators reaching across the aisle just to keep him suppressed.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

1.) calm the hell down
2.) I've been fairly aware of the need to make sure people aren't left behind, doubly so now that I work with people daily who have been hosed over by society -- lazy poo poo posting on the internet to the contrary. Put frankly you don't know poo poo about the person who exits outside of an Internet forum.
3.) no one who made it through the democratic primary was going to appeal for the people who voted for trump tonight. That's a structural issue that the Democratic Party is going to have to examine in the post mortem
4.) in reaching out to these voters we can't abandon the principles of not loving over minorities because otherwise what's the point?
5.) I have/had an extremely personal stake in this election that I sincerely think you don't get so that tints my language and feelings. I am legitimately scared for myself and my family and a bunch of men taking victory laps before the proverbial corpse has cooled rubs me the wrong way. Now that I've reflected and let some things sink in I'm a little less angry.

Work for you?

I like this N4I. :3:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fbi director rudy guliani

atty general chris christie

kill me now

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

JUST CALL THE loving RACE ALREADY THERE IS NO WAY SHE COMES BACK CHRIST GET IT OVER WITH

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This is what dems need to be focusing on and soon.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
putting on goodbye horses on loop

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Seriously,

Love all you fuckers.

Two Finger posted:

JUST CALL THE loving RACE ALREADY THERE IS NO WAY SHE COMES BACK CHRIST GET IT OVER WITH

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
For those of you with exposure to the stock market: Do not sell anything at the open tomorrow. There is going to be blood, but doing that will only make it worse for you.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
GOP will actually need to govern instead of obstruct. Pretty much their worst nightmare.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Dead Reckoning posted:

For those of you with exposure to the stock market: Do not sell anything at the open tomorrow. There is going to be blood, but doing that will only make it worse for you.

BTFD

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Soooooo..... Do I flee to another country and hope they grant me citizenship or just commit suicide before the republicans take away VA care and my disability?

Because thats going to happen.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dead Reckoning posted:

OTOH short the dollar.

my investments are gunna be a bloodbath goddamn

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Fox reporting God Emporer Trump getting WI and 1 electoral vote out of Maine

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WaPo seems to have called PA on their website.

They haven't called Wis yet so Trump is only at 264.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

PA just went.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm just glad my state didn't put him over.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Welp, I woke up with a sudden sense of dread that I couldn't explain.

Guess I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gonna be hard to blame this on 'the racists' given these total vote numbers

• Locked thread