Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
The supreme court is going to be hosed for decades even if/when democrats have a comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I voted for Bernie in the primary, just putting that out there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cubey posted:

if this results in warren and sanders taking the reigns of the party and putting forth a candidate in 2020 that echoes there ideals, then it'll almost be worth it.

It won't. Sanders is Ron Paul in a left wing coat of paint. His (in)action in the general election showed exactly how useful he is at any sort of sustained political movement.

Wolfsheim posted:

holy poo poo, i just realized america elected someone who actually believes global warming is a chinese hoax

and started ignoring his security briefings whenever he got information that cast putin in a negative light

like i'm just remembering all the stupid crazy poo poo of the last 18 months

oh gently caress i completely forgot about the wall

We're going to have an unnaturally warm relationship with Russia and Europe is probably beside itself at our insanity and desire to one-up Brexit.

pathetic little tramp posted:

Contacted my Canadian friend. She's offered to marry me. Don't know if it's worth staying here to fix this

I'd take the offer.

Philthy posted:

No. They gave Hillary the middle finger. Obama is going out with a combined approval rating higher than Reagan. He was a very popular President.

And the most important things he did will be undone by this time next year. Coupled with the Federal level voter suppression we're going to see from the GOP, to say nothing of how hosed education's going to get, Obama's approval rating means nothing because the narrative will be that he sucked and failed and glorious father Trump lead the US to a new age, a gilded gold-leafed age.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
President Pussygrabber

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vladimir Putin posted:

Dude, we just had 8 years of Obama. The left is not dead.

lol as if obummer was left

welcum to trumps murica https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjNQLXXwYfw

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

babypolis posted:

know that mexico is as sad as you guys are. maybe even sadder

As I said, the silver lining is that we no longer have the dumbest president in North America. And at least our guy is a puppet of interests that want to have the poo poo-show going for a bit longer.

Trump will wake up every morning thinking of new ways to gently caress up America.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Makes sense that Americans needed a reminder of what 2002 to 2008 was like. Can't blame them for forgetting, it was a long time ago and their memory only goes back two years

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how did the dems gently caress up this badly

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Fuuuuck it's gonna take forever to read through all these pages

owns

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

skipdogg posted:

With who though? One of the Castro twins? Unlikely.

This is said every election

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Also, to the people saying you shouldn't be nice to racists and therefore it's ok to poo poo on 'poor rural whites'

perhaps stop for a second and think that, just maybe, not every single rural white is a dyed-in-the-wool white supremacist who can never be changed. maybe some aren't even racist at all! maybe others have been fooled into believing they should hold xenophobic views because the only alternative narrative refuses to bother even noticing their communities and at the end of the day, they just want to find hope for their increasingly dire situation in whatever group is most convincing/willing to reach out to them

but nah that can't be it lol, dumb stupid hicks

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

exquisite tea posted:

Like I'm trying really hard to summon my irony shie!d right now but it's really unfathomable how disastrous the next four years will be, and perhaps much longer than that.

there's no perhaps about it. trump is gonna piss any and all progres towards mitigating climate change right down his leg, that alone will be felt for a long fuckin time.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
attorney general rudy guiliani

hahaha

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
Katy Tur doing last minute making GBS threads on Trump. I love her.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
"anti-racists really need to stop shaming racists! shaming doesn't work!"

*shames anti-racists*

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Augus posted:

I voted for Bernie in the primary, just putting that out there.

Let the Sanders Smugness live.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

anime was right posted:

a bernie-like person is 100% winning the dem primary in 2020

yeah loving right. The Democratic party is rotten to the core, nothing good will ever come out of it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
gently caress this stupid bullshit

If you didn't vote in a swing state I'll loving kill you I'll find you I swear to God you loving dullard lazy assholes

God drat America; I'm going to bed

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

Is there ANY silver lining here whatsoever?

we can LARP Fallout soon enough

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

anime was right posted:

a bernie-like person is 100% winning the dem primary in 2020

haha nope it's gone be someone even further to the right than clinton

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Uncle Wemus posted:

you just answered ur own question lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Dems need to get serious about putting John loving Fetterman in their good graces yesterday

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This dude on the nbc stream is loving tearing this whole thing wide open

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Kal-L posted:

at least our guy is a puppet of interests that want to have the poo poo-show going for a bit longer.

Congrats for unironically supporting why Donald J Trump of all people won

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

when trump said the election would be rigged he was right

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's a loss to us all, and each one of us needs to ponder how we contributed to it.

I thought I knew things, but now I know that was a detriment. We live in the realm of the illlogical and absurd, and the only soothing agent is an embrace of the idea of impermanence.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uncle Wemus posted:

Can't change the reality we live in.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

Trump did well too

It was t all Dems fucjing up

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

crabcakes66 posted:

The supreme court is going to be hosed for decades even if/when democrats have a comeback.

Can we get a thread and betting pool for when we'll get a 10th or 11th justice? Because if there's a couple 5-4 rulings Trump and the GOP doesn't like there isn't anything that prevents them from passing a law to add more justices and stack the bench as much as they want.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Slow Graffiti posted:

Katy Tur doing last minute making GBS threads on Trump. I love her.

She has a spot against the wall already picked out for her.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

hillary freakin clinton lmao

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to say it and I'm going to get pilloried but liberals really need to rethink the strategy of looking down our noses at poor rural white folks because they made this happen.

I agree but my issue is this is always framed as if all liberals are snobby rich white people. there are liberal working class and middle class minorities like me who have a poo poo ton of economic interests in common with poor white people and don't look down our noses at them but what the gently caress can we do? The system exists and we're all puppets inside of it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_where_winner_lost_popular_vote

the end of reconstruction
9/11
???

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I think Johnson and Stein are idiots but lol if you blame them or even their voters for this

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
VP Mike Pence is almost the worst part of all this imo

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Fuschia tude posted:

lmbo just skipping through old pages to catch up to now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slXrDcJxyXc

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Brannock posted:

I hold complete and utter contempt for credulous, quivering weaklings like you.

This is a tough guy posting right here!!!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Captain Internet posted:

Can someone tell me how cutting corporate taxes is going to bring unskilled labor jobs to an expensive, under qualified workforce with higher real estate and cost of goods than emerging nations? Anyone?

It wont, but they provided some sort of answer, and it's easier to root for the person with the answer than the person that goes ________

In a Bernie vs. Trump situation it would have been rainbows and ponies vs. acid rain and dead horses, and closer inspection would leave only one choice sensible

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

rest in piss sam wang

it's funny. i had been saying for months that a low variance model of the election was wrong and i got called all sorts of things in D&D/CSPAM for it.

but that victory tastes like ashes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
America sucks, op

• Locked thread