Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

should i buy guns now y/n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
ps nice fuckin' prediction, vas

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
CNN gave him AK.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

rachael maddow is getting testy

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

should i buy guns now y/n

Wait a few months. No doubt all the guys who bought a bunch with the intent on reselling in a Hillary-induced panic at a large markup will be sitting and looking at their investment thinking "huh, poo poo."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

Wait a few months. No doubt all the guys who bought a bunch with the intent on reselling in a Hillary-induced panic at a large markup will be sitting and looking at their investment thinking "huh, poo poo."

i meant to do this but was lazy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

gonna be hard to blame this on 'the racists' given these total vote numbers

No its pretty gently caress easy to do that it just means that title extends to most of the citizens.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Doublepost, hey its late!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 9, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I think it was Peter Thiel that said something about how media take Trump literally, not seriously, while voters took him seriously but not literally. Rural areas turned out like crazy with that message. We'll see how it goes.

Every time I try to think about future events, my head spins and it doesn't do anything, so best to just chill out for a while. We know Trump lies a lot and isn't very good at delivering at his promises, that might work to our overall advantage!

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Hopefully trump spends the next four years on a witch hunt against Republican's that didn't back him up enough which is pretty much everyone.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/796241660539568128

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

elite_garbage_man posted:

ps nice fuckin' prediction, vas

Hey man, I do everything bigly. That includes being catastrophically wrong!

(gently caress)

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Dead Reckoning posted:

Goddrat it, will you please stop doing poo poo like this? Do you still not see it? poo poo like this is why Hillary lost. The people who voted for Trump aren't a shambling mass who stumbled out of their NRA meetings and megachurches and gated communities, previously unseen but now everywhere, like Walking Dead extras, their minds and motives inscrutable, but crude and hungry.

These people are your neighbors, your dental hygienist, your dog groomer, and a bunch of poor white trash motherfuckers who felt like the world had stopped listening to them. You don't have to like them. You can resent the fact that they look down on you for being gay. But they're Americans too, and you can't keep writing them off as being unworthy of consideration and not worth engaging. I know, "How can you apologize for the people who just elected a fascist President?" That's not how this works. You can't demand people apologize for disagreeing with you and come around. That overbearing attitude is why poor white motherfuckers pulled the pin out of an orange grenade with a lovely toupee and rolled it down Pennsylvania Ave.

Probate me for mod sass, I don't give a gently caress.

Quoted for truth.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Reverand maynard posted:

Hopefully trump spends the next four years on a witch hunt against Republican's that didn't back him up enough which is pretty much everyone.

My bet is that through sheer incompetence, mostly, a Trump administration doesn't do much. Probably some awful stuff, but I bet a lot of it gets dragged down by simple bureaucratic morass.

Edit: don't want to jump into the emotional stuff, but it just wasn't the 'poor, white motherfuckers' that did it, it was drat near everyone white, regardless of income level, at a higher level than Romney. With that said though, with such a big polling miss and exit polls typically being garbage, that's hard to know.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 9, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

My bet is that through sheer incompetence, mostly, a Trump administration doesn't do much. Probably some awful stuff, but I bet a lot of it gets dragged down by simple bureaucratic morass.

I think that's pretty much what The Economist predicted in their what if they did recently.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

haven't most predictions about Trump been wrong though

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
So since the repubs control all of it now, including the supreme Court for the foreseeable future, does that mean poo poo will actually start to move again? I don't expect it to move in a progressive way but for them to actually do the crazy poo poo they want now that the other blustering idiots are marginalized?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

AkrisD posted:

So since the repubs control all of it now, including the supreme Court for the foreseeable future, does that mean poo poo will actually start to move again? I don't expect it to move in a progressive way but for them to actually do the crazy poo poo they want now that the other blustering idiots are marginalized?

Dunno. Congressional Republicans have been happy to basically just gum up the works and put in the minimal effort, who knows if they can govern effectively, or at all.

A Handed Missus posted:

haven't most predictions about Trump been wrong though

Yep. Polling numbers, analysis, etc. He's been all over the map on drat near everything except during the campaign, so he could flip-flop, he could be the same as his campaign.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Trump is putting judges on the court...wow

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Reality tv broke America.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
a R Congress that has been openly hostile to the presumed R President-elect. what a strange world.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Reality tv also exists in reality

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:newt: for SecState

Rudy for AG

well at least they've served in government.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They have a house majority, a senate majority, the Supreme Court and the White House. Ain't nothing stopping them now.

Better hope you're white, male, straight, preferably a veteran and in a job field that isn't based off international things. Because things are going to be rough for the next 4 years.

My Sudanese and Lebanese coworkers are probably both going to flee the country and go to Europe probably. Can't say I blame them, considering they're both women, the Sudanese is Muslim+gay, and nobody believes that the Lebanese is Christian anyway.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

a R Congress that has been openly hostile to the presumed R President-elect. what a strange world.

They'll get their huge tax cuts and get to kill planned parenthood, and Trump gets to do whstever he wants otherwise. Plenty of room for a deal.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Hillary will remain in hiding until they have more to say, according to Podesta

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is it possible they impeach him? Take back the WH then do away with him?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

They have a house majority, a senate majority, the Supreme Court and the White House. Ain't nothing stopping them now.

Better hope you're white, male, straight, preferably a veteran and in a job field that isn't based off international things. Because things are going to be rough for the next 4 years.

My Sudanese and Lebanese coworkers are probably both going to flee the country and go to Europe probably. Can't say I blame them, considering they're both women, the Sudanese is Muslim+gay, and nobody believes that the Lebanese is Christian anyway.

I'm just a contractor, but I guess I should try to keep my job for now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I rather enjoy PP as an institution. I'm sad they'll probably get rid of it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

God drat this is the most hosed up thing, how in the gently caress do I deal with my co-workers now because they're all hardcore trumpers gently caress this gay earth.

I swear to god I am getting the gently caress out of the south and never coming back. I voted for hildawg even though it made zero difference in the Georgia vote.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
I guess you just go to work like you normally would

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Wonder if Chuck Tingle has a title ready to drop tomorrow, maybe "My Belly Bump From Being Pounded in the Rump by Trump's Plump Stump: Turned Gay Pregnant by the Prospect of a Trump Presidency."

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

I'm just a contractor, but I guess I should try to keep my job for now

I'm in the same boat. This is actually probably good for my particular line of work.

I work in DoD medical research for combat-related trauma.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

phew

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

no bones about it posted:

God drat this is the most hosed up thing, how in the gently caress do I deal with my co-workers now because they're all hardcore trumpers gently caress this gay earth.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

So what happens to the women who accused him of sexual assault

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

So what happens to the women who accused him of sexual assault

deported to whore island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Dear Cox Communications,

2:10am after the worst human being in the history of American politics gets elected is not a good time to conduct a test of the emergency broadcast system.

I legit think my heart skipped a beat.

• Locked thread