Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atarian posted:

I've got a little baldness in my family, but it isn't an epidemic. I think I'm safe :ohdear:

In a perfect world, I'd go gray like Sam Elliot did, but since I probably won't, I'm happy just having my hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dad went grey at the temples and remained that way for 10 years before going all grey. I only have grey in my beard right now so I'm very excited at the prospect of looking like Reed Richards.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inzombiac posted:

My dad went grey at the temples and remained that way for 10 years before going all grey. I only have grey in my beard right now so I'm very excited at the prospect of looking like Reed Richards.

Just a few in my beard (when it's around) so far.

Middle aged man chat itt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I started going grey in my beard at 19. Still not a huge amount there but I'm about to turn 30 in less than a month.

Oh gently caress...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I found my first grey hair when I was 14. I dye my hair now but when it grows out my roots look pretty darn saltnpeppery. I'll be 35 before the year's out.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm 37, and the gray only started appearing in the last three years. :smith:

Father Time, still undefeated.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

If your mother's father is bald, the chances that you will lose hair is much higher. if it happened late in life, then cool. Also guys with pattern baldness often look really cool with tight shaved heads. Atarian, with that hairline, something crazy would have to happen to you to lose it anytime soon. And I always thought the grey was highlights, way loving cooler that they aren't.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The mother's father connection has been debunked. It's just a genetic sensitivity to a certain testosterone process and studies have shown an equal propensity regardless of parentage.

Your father has more sway in this regard but not by a huge margin.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Teagan posted:

If your mother's father is bald, the chances that you will lose hair is much higher.

Well, lucky for ME, my maternal grandfather died before this happened. :smug:

...and five years before I was born. I would have loved to have met him :smith: :smith:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

This dress would have a nice neckline if I didn't slouch and sit weird. I like it. I am going to wear it.

My camera will not pick up a black dress. So for you chicks who will tell me about a collar bone neckline, this is the rouching and such.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

i am the bird posted:

I got a haircut to look slightly more presentable for some upcoming job interviews that'll hopefully help me escape my miserable grad school existence.
You look great!

Teagan I love the dress and your earrings :)

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Thank you to everyone who said nce things about me! I will share the others when I get them, there were some amazing dresses :3:

Also congrats to newly married goon, bird with haircut you look fantastic, Teagan that dress is very nice!

Atarian I always buy frappes whatever the temperature, it was 0 °C in Helsinki and I still bought frappuccinos and tasty berry smoothies.

I played music at a pirate themed event yesterday. I wonder if 500 years from now narcos will be popular as a theme or costume

Sweet As Sin has a new favorite as of 04:11 on Nov 8, 2016

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Teagan posted:

If your mother's father is bald, the chances that you will lose hair is much higher. if it happened late in life, then cool. Also guys with pattern baldness often look really cool with tight shaved heads. Atarian, with that hairline, something crazy would have to happen to you to lose it anytime soon. And I always thought the grey was highlights, way loving cooler that they aren't.

I'm far too lazy to maintain a style with highlights. I first noticed some greys (👽) maybe 14 or so years ago, I think i was 18 or 19. Now the pure white hairs are starting to assert their dominance over my scalp. I'm just gonna let it happen. Maybe the white hair/red beard combo will look good! (it won't)

Sweet As Sin posted:

Thank you to everyone who said nce things about me! I will share the others when I get them, there were some amazing dresses :3:

Also congrats to newly married goon, bird with haircut you look fantastic, Teagan that dress is very nice!

Atarian I always buy frappes whatever the temperature, it was 0 °C in Helsinki and I still bought frappuccinos and tasty berry smoothies.

I played music at a pirate themed event yesterday. I wonder if 500 years from now narcos will be popular as a theme or costume

People look at me funny when I get an iced coffee in the cold weather. I just don't drink hot beverages. Was this pirate event on the same scale as a ren faire? That would be awesome.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Atarian posted:

I'm far too lazy to maintain a style with highlights. I first noticed some greys (👽) maybe 14 or so years ago, I think i was 18 or 19. Now the pure white hairs are starting to assert their dominance over my scalp. I'm just gonna let it happen. Maybe the white hair/red beard combo will look good! (it won't)

I started going grey in my early teens. In my early 20s people always asked how old I was as the salt and pepper look did not match my young face. Then as I got older a ton of people would ask if I highlighted my hair, even had stylist ask if I wanted my highlights touched up. Now I am 35 and the white/silver has over taken the dark so nobody asks that anymore. I have also started getting white hairs in my red beard :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Get out the chancleta for Abuela.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Atarian posted:

(it won't)

I don't know how many times I am going to have to goon say it without you thinking that I am not creeping on you. You are very handsome, and your beard is lovely and thick, and maybe it is darker in photos, but even with white around the chin, where most guys go white first, I think it would be charming, not stupid looking. You aren't 14 anymore, and everything about your look suits you. You keep your hair really well done, and the spattering that you do have is actually very fashionable. You have been very lucky with your genetics, even if the cool shirts and nice smile make you look dashing, you should call your mother and tell her that an internet woman thinks that she did damned well.

Anyone going grey, anyone, it really isn't something that people think about anymore, gently caress, guys DYE their hair grey. Insecurity of having patches? Mostly on Purpose. Wear it, and wear it happily.

My sister in law has dark auburn hair, and has had a wicked "salt and pepper" look going on since being a teen, she wears it shoulder length and it gives depth, and the coolest thing is that she has a very thick lock of pure white hair framing her face, totally Rogue, only refined and such because she isn't wild and awesome.

And again, A, no one could ever mistake your youth, walking around with iced drinks and aviators and being all smooth skinned dashing.

There. Take the damned compliments.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

chitoryu12 posted:

Get out the chancleta for Abuela.

please shave everything beard related thanks

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Teagan posted:

I don't know how many times I am going to have to goon say it without you thinking that I am not creeping on you. You are very handsome, and your beard is lovely and thick, and maybe it is darker in photos, but even with white around the chin, where most guys go white first, I think it would be charming, not stupid looking. You aren't 14 anymore, and everything about your look suits you. You keep your hair really well done, and the spattering that you do have is actually very fashionable. You have been very lucky with your genetics, even if the cool shirts and nice smile make you look dashing, you should call your mother and tell her that an internet woman thinks that she did damned well.

Anyone going grey, anyone, it really isn't something that people think about anymore, gently caress, guys DYE their hair grey. Insecurity of having patches? Mostly on Purpose. Wear it, and wear it happily.

My sister in law has dark auburn hair, and has had a wicked "salt and pepper" look going on since being a teen, she wears it shoulder length and it gives depth, and the coolest thing is that she has a very thick lock of pure white hair framing her face, totally Rogue, only refined and such because she isn't wild and awesome.

And again, A, no one could ever mistake your youth, walking around with iced drinks and aviators and being all smooth skinned dashing.

There. Take the damned compliments.

Oh, you :glomp:

Compliments taken :)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Got a pleasant PM so thought I'd share a smile.
39 and getting pretty salt and peppery.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

LingcodKilla posted:

Got a pleasant PM

:wink:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lot more goons in my age range (30s) than I thought. :unsmith:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Got a pleasant PM so thought I'd share a smile.

I hope that you are talking about me, or I am going to be pretty :airquote: bumhurt.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

loving Christ, I meant to edit.

Like you should talk Painless, where the gently caress is my smile?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Teagan posted:

I hope that you are talking about me, or I am going to be pretty :airquote: bumhurt.

Your bum is safe with me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Iced coffee beverages are awesome I don't care what time of year it is. I'm drinking one right now! Not that it's cold, it's still tank top and sandals weather up here in the "frosty" north.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
everyone in America take your selfies now before the country descends into literal anarchy

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

everyone in America take your selfies now before the country descends into literal anarchy

This was totally unnecessary.

Besides, rubble and confederate flag selfies will be considered artsy in a year or two.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Get into it now, before it gets popular.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Cant decide whether to shave or not.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Cant decide whether to shave or not.

mid sideburns and shave the cheeks and neckline. Show off the great jawline that way and bring the focus to your friendly smile. I don't have facial hair, so don't trust me, it's just a suggestion. Feel free to tell me to change everything about my face to look nicer. (which is not how I hope you interpret this).

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

taint toucher has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Jan 16, 2017

skeemon
Aug 4, 2007

$ $ $T R A P L O R D $ $ $

taint toucher posted:

Going with mid-length sideburns as well.

I haven't posted a stupid-faced selfie in a while so why not? I, too, need to shave.

I also hit an all time new low weight and I really liked what i was wearing so here's an outfit pic from today:

Lookin' hella svelte

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

taint toucher posted:

Going with mid-length sideburns as well.

I haven't posted a stupid-faced selfie in a while so why not? I, too, need to shave.

I also hit an all time new low weight and I really liked what i was wearing so here's an outfit pic from today:

Lookin good, buddy!

How the hell do you lose weight in Germany? I'd eat and drink everything.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
:lol: at your new username

Looking good as hell my friend

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Lookin good, buddy!

How the hell do you lose weight in Germany? I'd eat and drink everything.

Lots of exercise and walking. I didn't get a car here so that I'd be forced to cycle and walk everywhere. It really offsets the beer drinking.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I accidentally chose a slightly... different path.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

taint toucher posted:

Lots of exercise and walking. I didn't get a car here so that I'd be forced to cycle and walk everywhere. It really offsets the beer drinking.

Ah, yeah, when I used to cycle to work, I could eat/drink anything. I live too far away now, though. :(

taint toucher
Sep 23, 2004

Mocking Bird posted:

:lol: at your new username

Looking good as hell my friend

Gotta love those GBS name change threads!

10 Beers posted:

Lookin' good, brah.

10 Beers posted:

Ah, yeah, when I used to cycle to work, I could eat/drink anything. I live too far away now, though. :(

I'm glad I can do it now. Got to keep the beer gut away.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

10 Beers posted:

Aww baby face! I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Mocking Bird posted:

Aww baby face! I like it

38 going on 13! I'm gonna be a star!