Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I'm really just interested to see how the GOP navigates delivering to poor white people now. I want to see what they come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

incredible

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Oh Snapple! posted:

I'm not 100% on Hirsch's actual intent but I think it's a perfect summation of dem refusal to make any appeal to poor and working class whites. They refused to do it because of unempathetic "ugh, they're all icky" hyperpartisanship and it bit them. Hard.

How exactly does "We'll tax the rich and re-distribute that wealth, expand health care for you, and raise minimum wage so you don't have to scrape by on 3 part-time jobs with no benefits" count as "not making any appeal to poor whites"?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah when my lgbt family members are being targeted by the government will just remember that they shouldn't have been so mean to straight white men by wanting to use the bathrooms and get married and poo poo. gently caress (((me))) huh.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

slave to my cravings posted:

i think it could be argued that if bernie was the nominee he wouldn't have done as well with non-whites but apparently that didn't matter this election

i mean, maybe? because on the one hand who would non-whites have voted for? Trump? Or a third party I guess? Or just stayed home? Then again, apparently Trump BEAT Romney's vote margin among Hispanics so up is down and left is right and I don't loving know anymore

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

crabcakes66 posted:

I'm aware. That's why I'm one of those low IQ idiots who said that these weed votes are not going to mean poo poo several pages back.

If he's able to undo gay marriage, weed's absolutely loving gone and I don't know why that dude is so confident in something legal in a lot less states

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Hail Satan.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

[clears throat]

gently caress. this. gay. earth.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry Boosted.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
So...what else is on?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
hopefully Attorney General Guiliani is merciful and doesn't crack down hard on medical marijuana, just states where it's fully legal

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5peKa8i1o8

This is no longer funny.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
So that's it huh? What a world...

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

going by Labour's response to brexit,

*in a very pagliacci tone*: lol

*watches butterfly fly off to somber violin, tear runs down from eye*

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

mcbexx posted:

Well one prediction already has come true.
I am sick of all the winning. As in "physically ill".

And it should be noted I am non-american, living in Europe.
How the f-u-c-k.
The (center-)left still has no coherent answer to the economic anxieties of those affected by the decline of the manufacturing sector and other sectors affected by free trade and globalization in the first world. So the populist answer of "the foreigners took your jobs" is the best they are offered. And that's how you end up with Trump, UKIP, FN, Fidesz, AfD...

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Trivia posted:

So...what else is on?

Season 45 of America was really disappointing.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
man people who went to bed early are going to have a rude awakening

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Elephant Ambush posted:

How exactly does "We'll tax the rich and re-distribute that wealth, expand health care for you, and raise minimum wage so you don't have to scrape by on 3 part-time jobs with no benefits" count as "not making any appeal to poor whites"?

I don't see anything in there about loving over minorities. In fact some of that seems like it might help minorities as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Augus posted:

Yeah when my lgbt family members are being targeted by the government will just remember that they shouldn't have been so mean to straight white men by wanting to use the bathrooms and get married and poo poo. gently caress (((me))) huh.

You forgot "wanting to not have gay thoughts be electrocuted out of them" which is honestly really loving important

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:suicide:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Elephant Ambush posted:

It runs contrary to the "Hillary has no policies" narrative that I made up after zoning out during every single one of Hillary's speeches.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'm really just interested to see how the GOP navigates delivering to poor white people now. I want to see what they come up with.

democrats will learn nothing and they won't have to do anything

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

I would argue that "the end" is in play. We will anger another country very early in this presidency. Thanks to previous conservative rulers, many people want the USA to be shattered.

Agreed. This is the man who asked 3 times during foreign policy briefings why we don't just use nuclear weapons. I'm honestly a bit scared he'll start a way because another country's leader snubs him or insults him.

Hell, he said that we should have fired upon Iranian ships that had sailors jeering at the Navy boats at sea. Not attacking physically just basically giving us the finger.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

How did your smugness and epic abuela memes treat you, dear posters

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Maybe they will actually come up with something?

To be honest the only real solution is to tax rich people and give it to them or build poo poo in their area.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
This is almost like the President Palin timeline

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

At least when the Trumpocracy kicks in Boosted won't be a prefect as there is no documentary evidence of him wearing the hat pre-8th November.

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016
I'm happy about it. Drunk, but happy about it. Some of you may hate that, but here I am.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/MaxBlumenthal/status/796254309155536897

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't worry, Jeb! and Scott Adams have both made it clear how they'll handle any Hitlers

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

anime was right posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've sold people in rural Oklahoma and suburban Arkansas on a Medicare for All program. It's not that hard. The problem is that Democrats drank so much technocratic kool aid, they wonked themselves into believing that market based solutions would deliver the best outcomes through impenetrable jargon. Nobody actually wants to arbitrage the best insurance deals in online exchanges forever, they want healthcare.

This is pretty accurate for most of the democratic platform. They need to focus on simple, clear policies that anyone can understand, as opposed to 1,000+ page dissertations on every possible topic

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

Donald Trump is the most powerful man in the world lol

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
HE WON
HE WON
HE WON

ALLAHU ACKBAR

soupbone sal
Oct 29, 2016

rear end cobra posted:

This is almost like the President Palin timeline

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
DEATH IS CERTAIN

HAIL SATAN

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Godinster posted:

Donald Trump did virtually everything wrong you possibly could.

And she still lost.

Hillary Clinton - the worst candidate in my lifetime.

Then she didn't concede, after months of bashing Trump for it, just a cherry top of cowardice :smugdon:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im unironically hopeful that the fact that hillary hasnt conceded and trump hasnt declared victory means that the power elite have decided that they are going to suspend democracy, and hillary will become president even though trump won (just like bush became president in 2000 even though gore probably won)

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Boosted, Sean Hannity, and Billy Mitchell were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've sold people in rural Oklahoma and suburban Arkansas on a Medicare for All program. It's not that hard. The problem is that Democrats drank so much technocratic kool aid, they wonked themselves into believing that market based solutions would deliver the best outcomes through impenetrable jargon. Nobody actually wants to arbitrage the best insurance deals in online exchanges forever, they want healthcare.

...and they cold have health care if they stopped voting against UHC because they stubbornly cling to lies told to them by the media they choose to consume.

• Locked thread