Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bozarth
Sep 2, 2003

What fucking language are you speaking?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

have you ever thought that maybe you should do the weed?

Listen to your friend Big Coffin Hunter, Jimmyfranks. He sounds like he has some good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The last live show also had videos; I'm not sure why anyone's surprised by the appearances of the Ridiculists who were in that one.

I myself am surprised by how far along Lemon's gotten in his gradual transformation into Lars Ulrich.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

http://ballsnuff.club/ is a real thing and it's pretty good

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Spaced God posted:

That webring thing is great

e: music/BigBalls.mp3

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Spaced God posted:

This is gloriously and perfectly so web 1.0, well done.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Tracula posted:

This is gloriously and perfectly so web 1.0, well done.

It's amazing what you can do with modern technology. Missed an opportunity to have an embedded realplayer though.

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.
Don't think I didn't try

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I wasn't ready to be quoted by Bunnybread just now. :ohdear: I thought Isfahan and Lemon were the only F-Plus goons.

Also I was expecting Kumquatxop to be considerably more disheveled, sort of like a cross between Slavoj Zizek and Lewis Black but younger.

I don't think Lemon's a goon.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

jimmyfranks posted:

What's a weed dad?

It a phrase coined by the podcast I Don't Even Own A Television to describe middle-age men with Big Thoughts about life. The Wild Animus episode is basically ground zero for the weed dad ideology.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I never needed to hear the definition of "weed dad" to have a pretty drat good idea of what a weed dad is.

I just imagine a 40-year-old with a beer belly and a hey maaaaaaaaan kind of attitude and I'm basically there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OH MY GOD

THE STEAMPUNK READING WAS JUST loving SWORD ART ONLINE AND I'M SO MAD

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

It was Ready Player One, but worse, and I say that having started a blog about how much I disliked Ready Player One

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
You know, just a few days ago I was still thinking that a Freep document would be a really great thing to put together.

I miss that time.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

a) why didn't anyone point out the multiple times lemon said "nude erection" in the intro
b) is everyone who didn't point it out currently on their favorite seat

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Cleretic posted:

You know, just a few days ago I was still thinking that a Freep document would be a really great thing to put together.

I miss that time.

Somehow over the past year or so I became the main source of freep in the freep thread, so I'm going to speak with authority here. Freep is not a suitable place for an F Plus document. There are some posts there by people that are literally crazy that I'm sure everyone would love hearing Kumquatxop shout at them, but the rest is just ... horrifying. There's no way to laugh at it without having a pretty deep understanding of their worldview and how utterly hosed in the head they are.

It might be a better fit for Lou, but it'd still be hard to find readable stuff.

This might change depending on how much of a shitshow Trump ends up being.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Dale Reed is not to be mocked. He's a sage who showed us the future.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

steinrokkan posted:

Dale Reed is not to be mocked. He's a sage who showed us the future.

Dale Reed died in September, we'll mock him as much as we drat well please until the zombie apocalypse happens and his giant hands dig out his lurching corpse from the ground and he ends us all.

I mean, try explaining dalereed to the general public. All the posts are about news articles and sometimes you can't just omit the context because then it's just confusing.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Given current events, maybe a Freep doc would be too soon :sigh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

McGlockenshire posted:

Dale Reed died in September, we'll mock him as much as we drat well please until the zombie apocalypse happens and his giant hands dig out his lurching corpse from the ground and he ends us all.

I mean, try explaining dalereed to the general public. All the posts are about news articles and sometimes you can't just omit the context because then it's just confusing.

gently caress

He didn't get to see america lie down in the middle of the road and die

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Benny the Snake posted:

Given current events, maybe a Freep doc would be too soon :sigh:

Freep was at their funniest when they were just oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg in forum form. Just loud, angry, useless old people scared of a world leaving them behind and utterly unable to respond to that in a way that isn't just being louder, angrier and more useless.

Freep is at their worst when they're winning.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Cleretic posted:

Freep was at their funniest when they were just oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg in forum form. Just loud, angry, useless old people scared of a world leaving them behind and utterly unable to respond to that in a way that isn't just being louder, angrier and more useless.

Freep is an echo chamber in which all dissent is silenced. If you do not agree with the majority, you are shouted down, and sometimes even banned outright. This isn't a pattern unique to freep, it's found all throughout the right wing media. If your ideas aren't pure enough, you are labeled a "Republican In Name Only" and get ejected in the next primary by someone with more extreme views. They're constantly pulling themselves to further and further extremes.

The freep you described doesn't exist any more. It's not just angry old people, it's angry old people that have learned that they actively need to purge those that aren't as "conservative" as they are. The anger and hate will always be there, but the pleasure that we could get by laughing at them just being angry has been replaced with something closer to :stare: or :stonklol: as we laugh nervously at how utterly completely insane they are.

For example, a non-trivial number of freepers are currently completely convinced that Hillary and her campaign manager are literal satanists that participated in or even masterminded a child sex trafficking ring. As an outsider, I'm sure this sounds absolutely hilarious, but they are deadly serious in their beliefs. This morning they are celebrating a glorious victory by God.

It would take an amazing document to properly translate the :stonklol: into something not just enjoyable, but actually readable.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

a) why didn't anyone point out the multiple times lemon said "nude erection" in the intro
b) is everyone who didn't point it out currently on their favorite seat
Not just a nude erection; they were going to pound a nude erection into this hole thing.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

McGlockenshire posted:

Freep is an echo chamber in which all dissent is silenced. If you do not agree with the majority, you are shouted down, and sometimes even banned outright. This isn't a pattern unique to freep, it's found all throughout the right wing media.

It's not exclusive to right-wing media either; this very podcast has revealed that almost all of the insular fringe groups do this, whether it's for talking about concave earth or how big your cock is.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

RyokoTK posted:

It's not exclusive to right-wing media either; this very podcast has revealed that almost all of the insular fringe groups do this, whether it's for talking about concave earth or how big your cock is.

It's not even a modern thing either. The same pattern has repeated itself throughout all known human history.

Humanity is trash.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
In a bad mood this morning so I listened to F Plus Sings! and remembered just how really delightful of an episode it is.

It's one of my favorites the same way Any Cling You Want is. It's just so harmless and goofy and everyone's having a really good time in it. When everything else F Plus covers is hateful or gross or mercantile or ignorant, here's just a bunch of well-intentioned dumb kids putting their dumb lyrics on a website for other dumb adults to sing.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

McGlockenshire posted:

Humanity is trash.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

RyokoTK posted:

In a bad mood this morning so I listened to F Plus Sings! and remembered just how really delightful of an episode it is.

It's one of my favorites the same way Any Cling You Want is. It's just so harmless and goofy and everyone's having a really good time in it. When everything else F Plus covers is hateful or gross or mercantile or ignorant, here's just a bunch of well-intentioned dumb kids putting their dumb lyrics on a website for other dumb adults to sing.

I was just about to post here asking for a good goofy episode to get my mind off the looming threat of Trumpmerica, giving these two a relisten right now.

Anyone else have any comforting, stupid, non political episodes they'd recommend?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ghost emoji posted:

I was just about to post here asking for a good goofy episode to get my mind off the looming threat of Trumpmerica, giving these two a relisten right now.

Anyone else have any comforting, stupid, non political episodes they'd recommend?

Sins of the Djinn is a good one to relisten to.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ghost emoji posted:

You May Now Fistbump The Spouse (crap weddings) and This Testes My Limits (ball-busting) are incredibly dumb and two of my all-time favorites.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

DRAGON GONADS MAKE 'EM SQUEAL

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lemon looks like hes related to Danny Elfman to me, it's kinda funny. Also a good episode and one of the most infuriating to me personally is "To Feed Otherkin".

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Djeser posted:

DRAGON GONADS MAKE 'EM SQUEAL

Out of context, I think that's a pretty good line from the weirdest rap ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ghost emoji posted:

WikiHow, WikiHow, Wikihow. Also any Q&A site, like Yahoo or Quora, or any site with ideas, like Aha or WhyNot.

expensive jeans
Jun 20, 2003

My favorite lighthearted goofy episodes to return to are Joan Ocean (65), poetry (85), and spells of magic (96).

FOOD FOOD GIMME FOOD

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
AllRecipes (for kids!) is pretty great too. It even has a lot of Paula Deen for added fun.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You can't talk about lighthearted mockery of dumb kids without mentioning Adventures in Retale.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

RyokoTK posted:

You can't talk about lighthearted mockery of dumb kids without mentioning Adventures in Retale.

and then the thread applauded RyokoTK

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
and also the guys that didn't mention adventures in retale were arrested!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

*Face turns red, storms out of the thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

expensive jeans
Jun 20, 2003

As thanks, a Link cosplayer pulls out an ocarina and plays a rendition of PARTY PARTY PARTY. It makes everyone's night!