Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Sanderistas gotta sanderist

Got to get those hot takes and I told you sos in before the burning ceiling collapses and crushes them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

LastInLine posted:

Trump acknowledged these people exist and Clinton's husband betrayed a core Democratic constituency to enact the trade deal that destroyed their jobs.

Trump is an idiot and of course has no way to bring prosperity back to these regions but he acknowledged their pain. The whole point of democracy is that people and their interests are supposed to be represented in government. Hillary represented a status quo that clearly has no intentions of doing anything for the blue collar middle class. Even if Trump can't or won't help them, it's not hard math to see that a vote for him is preferable to one for someone who is telling you everything's fine when it clearly isn't.

You mean NAFTA which Bush signed and put in place?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The internet as it appeared for the last few months is probably as it will appear through the entirety of Trump's presidency going forward. The Obama era and the rise of tumblr/reddit is over.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
infowars and brietbart are getting seats in the white house press room

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I guess this means I don't get to find out what happened to my dorf. :smith:

Yudo
May 15, 2003

anime was right posted:

trump is going to spend half his time looking at peoples nudes

So, Kennedy 2.0? Clinton 2.0?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

please kill me

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Harlock posted:

Yes because the Democrats outwardly rejected the candidate on their side who connected with the deciding demographic of the general electorate

THIS. EXACTLY.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only upside to tonight is that the clintons are finally out of politics forever

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Skanker posted:

All that and she's still a much better candidate than Trump.

Trump won though.

He won big.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Valatar posted:

-Hillary wins DNC.
-Comes out that the Dem head was actively trying to rig things against Sanders.
-Hillary instead of denouncing an unfair playing field loving hires the woman who was rigging things for her.
-Hillary blows Sanders off as fast as possible, makes tepid noises about not supporting the terrible treaty she got signed as a symbolic bone thrown to him but drops that too ASAP.
-A giant money trail between the Clinton Foundation and getting political time with Hillary is uncovered.
-The new Dem head gets caught stealing debate questions from CNN to give to Hillary.

CSPAM geniuses told me that she did technically nothing illegal and probated me for saying it didn't matter, so she is going to win anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the only upside to tonight is that the clintons are finally out of politics forever

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harlock posted:

Yes because the Democrats outwardly rejected the candidate on their side who connected with the deciding demographic of the general electorate

loving ouch

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't even give a poo poo about sanders at all but by god i'm at least gonna keep saying why clinton was a fundamentally junk candidate to prop up for the election. bernie technically would have done better just on the grounds of actually being remotely likable

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

So addicts have this thing called "The Moment of Clarity."

Usually, it's the point when an addict reaches rock bottom, snorting kitty litter off the shag carpet in the off-chance it's a crack rock, the alcoholic chugging hand sanitizer in a hospital room.

I'm near that point.

I've followed Politico for a year, I've read thousands of pages of the (now) President Trump thread.

We don't live in a world of rationality.

Ed Balls.

President Donald Trump.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Beachcomber posted:

I guess this means I don't get to find out what happened to my dorf. :smith:

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/748287276644392960

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nonsense posted:

The internet as it appeared for the last few months is probably as it will appear through the entirety of Trump's presidency going forward. The Obama era and the rise of tumblr/reddit is over.

What do you mean by that?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Don't count em out yet, they could still get Trump elected in 2020!

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

I would be really interested to have a list of which posters were really adamant about things that turned out to be really wrong. Like not just the election result, but things like Nate Silver being an idiot and 538 being wrong while Bayesian models which predicted a 100% certain victory for Clinton were right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Augus posted:

You're dumb

Anti-semitism has in no way gone away and it was going to become an issue, among other issues. I wanted a female president more than anything but Dems should have followed one of their own with a face that communicated "stability in more of that", which to the average dipshit is a straight white guy.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

team overhead smash posted:

You mean NAFTA which Bush signed and put in place?

Clinton enacted and signed NAFTA. Bush did so in a purely ceremonial fashion it had no--zero--legal binding and had not yet been through congress.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The democrats are finally out of talent. Who is even left? O'Malley?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Who will dominate in the future?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/Aiannucci/status/796280801650507776

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

RadicalWall posted:

tulsi

gabbard

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

Montasque posted:

Trump won though.

He won big.

Sure, but worse candidates win all the time. People are pretty stupid, generally.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mannerup posted:

infowars and brietbart are getting seats in the white house press room

secretary of video game ethics

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Mccrory lost in NC so that's a thing i guess

well thank loving god for that at least

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't even give a poo poo about sanders at all but by god i'm at least gonna keep saying why clinton was a fundamentally junk candidate to prop up for the election. bernie technically would have done better just on the grounds of actually being remotely likable

What if Hilary was a Trump plant all along rather than vice-versa?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael posted:

What do you mean by that?

The remaining cuddly parts of the internet will be torn to shreds.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Which government type will exist in this region after America falls in 8 years? I say monarchy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RadicalWall posted:

How old is Warren? I could see the party forcing her at gunpoint to run

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Biden or Warren might have won. I don't think Bernie had a chance.

Walka Blocka Shame
Apr 30, 2006

This is fine
Doctor Rope

MadJackal posted:

So addicts have this thing called "The Moment of Clarity."

Usually, it's the point when an addict reaches rock bottom, snorting kitty litter off the shag carpet in the off-chance it's a crack rock, the alcoholic chugging hand sanitizer in a hospital room.

I'm near that point.

I've followed Politico for a year, I've read thousands of pages of the (now) President Trump thread.

We don't live in a world of rationality.

Ed Balls.

President Donald Trump.

I'm feeling a bit of this as well. Jesus, the amount of time I spent refreshing the USPol thread. I could have learned a language.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

clinton narrowly beat out trump to be declared the worst major party nominee in american history. she defeated goldwater and mcgovern for this honor. hail hillary!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nonsense posted:

The remaining cuddly parts of the internet will be torn to shreds.

I think this is quite correct. I think that there is going to be a sobering moment for a lot of the insular left-leaning internet communities. I think people got entirely convinced that the popularity of Hamilton meant something, and that obviously everyone was cool with gays now.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I could give two shits about trump. Our foreign policy was already 9/10ths hosed up, and he's too in love with putin to trigger the apocalypse on that front at least

Every other branch of the gov being in republican hands, though... that's keeping me up tonight. Say goodbye obamacare, hello federal right-to-work, just as the appetizer.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

clinton narrowly beat out trump to be declared the worst major party nominee in american history. she defeated goldwater and mcgovern for this honor. hail hillary!

I'm sure as a self professed "Goldwater Girl" this is an honor.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

team overhead smash posted:

What if Hilary was a Trump plant all along rather than vice-versa?

then i would have to applaud at least one of the clowns involved for putting on such a dedicated puppet show for so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Goldwater thumbs upping Hillary for her massive win today

• Locked thread