Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

kaleedity posted:

why is his favorable-unfavorable in the 60s while clinton's and trump's are toeing 0
Because he exists in the same utopian headspace as Leon Trotsky does for left wing 19 year olds.

He could have taken a Dukakis-grade kicking before the Trump Train but didn't (he might not have!). He could have steadily caved to increasingly right-wing positions but didn't have to (and hey might never have!). And so he gets to live on forever as Americorbyn (but without any of the disappointing reality).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Idiot Kicker posted:

Everyone should be required to live in a red state for 2 years to see what it's like. They say the same thing about retail.

Now we all get to live in a Red State.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Montasque posted:

Reality TV star, WWE Hall of Famer, Beauty Pageant owner, Howard Stern Show Wack Packer.... And President of the United States of America.

wonder what stern is thinking right now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gyges posted:

Now we all get to live in a Red State.

i moved from arkansas to colorado 2 years ago.

now i get four years of the whole country being arkansas.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I guess when you realize that the polls were totally wrong and nothing makes sense anymore, this was inevitable

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't think Hillary lost because she was a woman per se (Republicans loved Palin, for the most part). But I think it was a hobble to be the progressive (hah) party, and be a woman, in this particular election. People from, oh who loving knows, Cable, Wisconsin don't like hip-hop, are afraid of that black guy they saw one time, and think the policeman is nice because he's Derek and he's worked there like forever and gets coffee at the diner. Stuff like BLM, trans persons, gay marriage, whatever, that poo poo is scary to them and they think it's coming for their quiet little bullshit communities full of meth. So then they turn out. If they think they're going to be left alone, they stay home.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vince is going to give Trump another Hall of Fame holy poo poo

The President & Ric Flair.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Iron Crowned posted:

At least guns are still legal, so we can shoot ourselves :unsmith:

Silver lining could be gun companies going out of business because there is no black boogeyman anymore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't stop laughing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

reminder that the Nevada Culinary Union won Clinton a legit swing state and a senate seat despite her abysmal performance, proving that working people truly trump the loathsome capital milquetoasts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've given America a thousand chances to prove they actually are inclusive

They're not, and they've proven it every time so gently caress this charade of hope. Either give the Statue of Liberty back or change the inscription immediately to "we hate everyone that isn't straight and white, and sometimes that isn't good enough", quit this farce

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

jBrereton posted:

Because he exists in the same utopian headspace as Leon Trotsky does for left wing 19 year olds.

He could have taken a Dukakis-grade kicking before the Trump Train but didn't (he might not have!). He could have steadily caved to increasingly right-wing positions but didn't have to (and hey might never have!). And so he gets to live on forever as Americorbyn (but without any of the disappointing reality).

hmm I think you're wrong here and there's not much more to it

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/796248054970073089

quote:

Final thought: Dem wonks should refrain from harassing decent people who join Trump administration. We want him to have good advisors.

"Final thought: SDP wonks should refrain from harassing decent people who join Hitler administration. We want him to have good advisors."

loving Liberals

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Chris James 2 posted:

I've given America a thousand chances to prove they actually are inclusive

They're not, and they've proven it every time so gently caress this charade of hope. Either give the Statue of Liberty back or change the inscription immediately to "we hate everyone that isn't straight and white, and sometimes that isn't good enough", quit this farce

america was never great

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jBrereton posted:

sounds great! he might have even had some college turnout like obama and unlike hillary. drat, inspiring people is such a boon, who could have foreseen...........

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Covok posted:

BLMs is going to go into overdrive. Not that that's a bad thing.

Expect the next 8 years to have the rockiesr race relations in a long while.

HAHAHA! I hadn't even thought of BLM stuff! Get ready for martial law in the inner cities!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FourLeaf posted:

America is Already Great was a loving stupid slogan

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Desk Lamp posted:

I didn't vote for Clinton, and the entire point of my post was that it wasn't really any one's fault. Absolutely everyone underestimated the fringe right's influence on average Americans because they assumed the more visible minority represented the entire voting block.

Nope, Sanders and, to a lesser extent, Biden say it all the way! Sorry for us all that the Trumpenreich was completely avoidable and is entirely the Clinton and DNC establishment's fault!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

I don't think Hillary lost because she was a woman per se (Republicans loved Palin, for the most part). But I think it was a hobble to be the progressive (hah) party, and be a woman, in this particular election. People from, oh who loving knows, Cable, Wisconsin don't like hip-hop, are afraid of that black guy they saw one time, and think the policeman is nice because he's Derek and he's worked there like forever and gets coffee at the diner. Stuff like BLM, trans persons, gay marriage, whatever, that poo poo is scary to them and they think it's coming for their quiet little bullshit communities full of meth. So then they turn out. If they think they're going to be left alone, they stay home.

this is literally what bernie sanders was attacked for in the primaries. for being that kind of dude.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

future history student: So why DID the American empire fall?
future history teacher: the pre-war records are incomplete but a single word appears thousands of times in them: "emails"

edit: the seriousness of what is going to go down soon hasn't hit me yet.

i'm in a sort of comic cynical glibness about this, but my dad is shook as gently caress. he loves politics and is very opinionated and sure of himself, but tonight he was stuck on a loop of "I don't understand how someone could vote for him."

the romantic appeal of fascism combined with insecure masculinity, I said, combined with yet another kerry/gore/dukakis shuffling out to yet again fail in the noble, sad quest to save the American people from themselves

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pick posted:

she wasn't just the progressive; she was the status quo candidate. Four more years of Obama!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Yinlock posted:

they're really stupid though

not as dumb as DNC officials, apparently

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Basically nobody expected it. The Trump campaign didn't expect it. "Brexit x 100". Trump was absolutely right, but I doubt even he expected it any more. Although after the Primary everyone should have.

Trying to dole out blame is pretty useless. Learn from it, move on. Do better in 8-12 years, or however long it takes to recreate the party in a meaningful way.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

reminder that the Nevada Culinary Union won Clinton a legit swing state and a senate seat despite her abysmal performance, proving that working people truly trump the loathsome capital milquetoasts

It is nice their turn-out was sincere and meaningful unlike whatever Pizza-donut harmonica wagon Kaine thought would bring out the plebes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Homework Explainer posted:

america was never great

mussolini tried his best

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

VirtualStranger posted:

"Final thought: SDP wonks should refrain from harassing decent people who join Hitler administration. We want him to have good advisors."

loving Liberals

I wonder who the Rosa Luxemburg of our generation is

please don't say Bernie

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
12 hours ago: "Trump will never win"

Now: "Trump was inevitable"

Lol he sandbagged an amazing GOTV operation into ceding him the rust belt out of smug confidence, he literally did the same thing in the primary

When after Iowa he said "what is ground game" everyone believed the man who spoke at the 1992 RNC convention really didn't know

When the man who loves polls said they don't do internal polling you bought it

When Clinton scrambled the last week to defend Michigan you thought she was so confident in her firewall she was branching out to defend longshots

And now Donald Trump is gonna be president because you couldn't stop laughing at 4D chess long enough to escape his epic checkmate

:smugdon:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

not as dumb as DNC officials, apparently

donna brazille cheating really did hurt the Clinton campaign.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

i say this every day, every night, and it's so loving true: Sanders. was. a. better. candidate. than. Hillary. Clinton. and. it's. not. close.

i mean, Rubio was a better candidate than Trump, too, but we settled on a battle between crippled candidates and lost a tossup.

and Sanders wasn't even that good!!!! gently caress!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Every other minute there's some new horrible thought of "Oh boy, another thing Trump will ruin!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Homework Explainer posted:

america was never great

Never argued that. Just sick of being stabbed in the back by cowards

Stab me in the front. Show your face, "allies"

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
nate was right

i'm drunk as gently caress

america had a good run

eat a goddamned dick

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the whining about bernie might be the funniest thing so far

the idiotic hot takes will blot out the sun

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i could possibly be 45 years old before i see another president

ew

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

breaklaw posted:

So if the polls were all wrong then are all the polls wrong?

Is Obama's approval rating really that high if his "third term" was just rejected so decisively? Are the polls about legal marijuana and LGBT rights etc. also wrong as well???

if she wins the popular vote then won't most of the national polls still be within the MOE?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nonsense posted:

It is nice their turn-out was sincere and meaningful unlike whatever Pizza-donut harmonica wagon Kaine thought would bring out the plebes

it represents the only joy i have at this moment.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jose posted:

mussolini tried his best

what

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Trump won't last for four years, there's a minor solace in that at least, right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks for the 8 years of trying your hardest Obama, as a reward here's the complete destruction of everything you fought for in the space of a single evening!

clinton has secret service protection for life right

because at this point i can genuinely see obama trying to strangle her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

so do you think they'll eliminate minimum wage?

ooh what about child labor laws?

• Locked thread