Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
oh yeah, no candy-kaine on the onion anymore, gently caress :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

this is literally what bernie sanders was attacked for in the primaries. for being that kind of dude.

He's still a wacko and they wouldn't have liked him, and the same stuff he used to build cred in the primaries would have come back to haunt him.

Maybe what the Dems needed was just a stronger business Hitler.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Gyges posted:

Are we really going to get 4 loving years of "Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie!"?

Voted for Bernie, Voted for Hillary. That's what I call best of both worlds. :smugdon:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Trump won't last for four years, there's a minor solace in that at least, right?

no because pence

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Only the dumbest meat heads thought Trump was going to win.

This wasn't about minds; this was about hearts and guts, and other places that have primal feels.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

reminder that the Nevada Culinary Union won Clinton a legit swing state and a senate seat despite her abysmal performance, proving that working people truly trump the loathsome capital milquetoasts

https://twitter.com/freddiedeboer/status/796200607606591494

welp...

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

kaleedity posted:

so do you think they'll eliminate minimum wage?

ooh what about child labor laws?

lets ask the secretary of commerce, herman cain

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm sorry i know im pissing into the wind but someone has to at least try to stem the tide of smugposting

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nation Throws Off Tyrannical Yoke Of Moderate Respect For Women

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Look at the bright side guys, guns and ammo are going to be cheep as gently caress now that idiots have no reason to panic buy them before the Democrats make them illegal.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mormonpartyboat posted:

the whining about bernie might be the funniest thing so far

the idiotic hot takes will blot out the sun

Actually, the funniest thing is that Hillary Clinton had built up a ridiculous network of connections over however many decades to get her to this point on two major occasions and on both occasions she could not overcome that she was an unlikable god drat elitist.

2008 should have been an educational moment for the Democratic party. Because it wasn't, I've very little faith 2018/2020 are going to go any better.

Bernie would have done better.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gyges posted:

Are we really going to get 4 loving years of "Don't blame me, I voted for Bernie!"?

boy loving howdy are we

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would hope that maybe dems kinda think about it for a bit and realize that maybe, just maybe, all the jokes about how those sister-loving hicks don't know what's good for them don't really help matters, especially when all it takes is a couple thousand votes to lose a state

but who am i kidding. end the two party system

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm loving pissed because jesus christ, fellow women. We could have fixed this and we hosed it up. Anne Coulter said we shouldn't be able to vote and this time around she was wrong just because it wouldn't have made a damned bit of difference!

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Pick posted:

He's still a wacko and they wouldn't have liked him, and the same stuff he used to build cred in the primaries would have come back to haunt him.

Actually, I think you will find that noted racist* Bernie "Bro" Sanders would have appealed to a lot of the people that Hillary lost.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Pick posted:

So, Hillary? She lost dog.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Desk Lamp posted:

I didn't vote for Clinton, and the entire point of my post was that it wasn't really any one's fault. Absolutely everyone underestimated the fringe right's influence on average Americans because they assumed the more visible minority represented the entire voting block.

They aren't exactly fringe if they can elect the president, both houses of congress, the vast majority of state legislatures, and pretty much every local office from mayor down to coroner.

I know you to be a good poster so I'm reading what you're posting, but I find it difficult to lay this election at the feet of anyone except HRC and the Third Way DLC machine that she represents.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Yinlock posted:

i'm sorry i know im pissing into the wind but someone has to at least try to stem the tide of smugposting

should I post angrier? I'm angry. I want nothing of this reality.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

i would hope that maybe dems kinda think about it for a bit and realize that maybe, just maybe, all the jokes about how those sister-loving hicks don't know what's good for them don't really help matters, especially when all it takes is a couple thousand votes to lose a state

but who am i kidding. end the two party system

to be fair current events aren't exactly doing much to disprove that statement

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Pick posted:

Wow nothing is really going to be learned is it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

VirtualStranger posted:

https://twitter.com/asymmetricinfo/status/796248054970073089

"Final thought: SDP wonks should refrain from harassing decent people who join Hitler administration. We want him to have good advisors."

loving Liberals
Hmm, let's try stacking up his cabinet and advisors with our people, thinks the nationalist establishment Republican, and "in two months' time we'll have pushed Hitler Trump into a corner, he'll be squealing." (the words of Franz von Papen who thought making Hitler Chancellor was a good idea and that he could control him)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

miss u bae

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
should we even bother with using these old democratic party tablecloths and stuff

or should we just burn it all down and start completely fresh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5l_r8MG5II

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Yudo posted:

So, Hillary? She lost dog.

No, another outsider. It's clear that to win you needed to peel from Trump.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I feel like Brannock and others here were that person at the end of the latest This American Life in the story about the Somali situation in St Cloud

St. Cloud has seemed like it was going to have a race riot for like 3 years now but hearing all the stuff from inside is just terrifying

And it ends with someone saying essentially "Well it's not so bad, what is everyone complaining about, surely the racism will die out within the next generation and then we'll be good to go because they'll have seen the error of their ways"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Nichael posted:

Yup! I'd say I want to die, but I genuinely think /pol/-esque tactics can be used for good. The left should follow in Trump's footsteps, just without the insanity, misogyny, and bigotry.

So what you're saying is

bring back LF.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

should we even bother with using these old democratic party tablecloths and stuff

or should we just burn it all down and start completely fresh

Get some new tablecloths.

Red

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Well I am going to bed. I didn't think this would all hit me as hard as it did.
It's gonna be tough to see human rights and safety get pushed into the ditch.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

kaleedity posted:

should I post angrier? I'm angry. I want nothing of this reality.

i am also very mad

if it makes anyone feel better i'm also gonna be banned as gently caress tomorrow so you might as well let me have this, at least

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

America is great because America is good - a loser

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

big juicy nectarine posted:

So what you're saying is

bring back LF.

/pol/ already exists though?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

i say this every day, every night, and it's so loving true: Sanders. was. a. better. candidate. than. Hillary. Clinton. and. it's. not. close.

i mean, Rubio was a better candidate than Trump, too, but we settled on a battle between crippled candidates and lost a tossup.

and Sanders wasn't even that good!!!! gently caress!

This is going to be so loving painful to think about for the rest of our lives.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

drat, schooling me with old newsreel references. nice

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
all the special interest donors n hillary couldn't get a single trained bird

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
This is European-style populism making its awful way to the US, but because of your idiot non-parliamentary system it's magnified and you get Trump. Good thing there's still the filibuster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

America is great because America is good - a loser

you voted for jill stein

• Locked thread