Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Hey call this number. It's the suicide prevention line. It's free. 800-273-8255

I might do that tomorrow if I still feel this way, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Alright, so join the Democratic party, since you don't have much else as an alternative, and make it turn left.

What I meant was that there are still other ways to participate, and other ways to defend yourself.

i'm a registered democrat :lol:

i didn't vote for hillary because she was a lovely democrat and my state is a safe-red

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dems looking good for 2020 assuming the country lasts that long.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So, what now? Are we really gonna see the progress of the last 8 years undone? Is this really going to go as bad as we thought?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

While I am extremely disappointed in the Trump win, I actually am sort of proud of America honestly. Establishment, markets, wallstreet, and all the other monied interests were rooting for a Clinton win. She outspent him 15 to 1. And that didn't happen.

I'll never again think that the people don't truly hold the power in America. You can't buy an election.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Dems looking good for 2020 assuming the country lasts that long.

lol if you think they're going to find a proper message instead of trying to be the same but 80% as racist as the fascists.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

While I am extremely disappointed in the Trump win, I actually am sort of proud of America honestly. Establishment, markets, wallstreet, and all the other monied interests were rooting for a Clinton win. She outspent him 15 to 1. And that didn't happen.

I'll never again think that the people don't truly hold the power in America.

Whites are the establishment. They put him there.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Pollyanna posted:

So, what now? Are we really gonna see the progress of the last 8 years undone? Is this really going to go as bad as we thought?

yes

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'll never again think that the people don't truly hold the power in America.

Keep telling yourself that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Antares posted:

lol if you think they're going to find a proper message instead of trying to be the same but 80% as racist as the fascists.

if the dems push even more rightward after this they deserve to lose

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bullfrog posted:

If you think the establishment republicans and democrats wanted a Donald Trump win. Well.....

Edit: Lol if you really think Wallstreet actually wants no TPP? Cmon guys.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Bullfrog posted:

so that's who we're gonna blame this time huh

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I'll never again think that the people don't truly hold the power in America. You can't buy an election.

As long as that person isn't a woman, it's totally viable for anyone to become president.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

As long as that person isn't a woman, it's totally viable for anyone to become president.

Hillary Clinton lost the national election by a couple of %'s. Women absolutely can become the president.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress does "repeal and replace Obamacare" mean, anyway? I spent the election ignoring Trump and now I have to work out what to expect from an all-GOP government.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Condiv posted:

if the dems push even more rightward after this they deserve to lose

I'm gonna white guysplain away the affected groups (too many to keep listing) who will be hosed for a second:

Yeah the loser here, as pointed out above, was the monied interests. For that we get orange hitler.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pollyanna posted:

We get to see Congress do their job for the first time in 6 years. Oh, how exciting.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

here how about this one: shoulda picked elizabeth warren

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ragnar34 posted:

What the gently caress does "repeal and replace Obamacare" mean, anyway? I spent the election ignoring Trump and now I have to work out what to expect from an all-GOP government.

it means repeal Obamacare

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Ragnar34 posted:

It means the poor die. Full stop. That's it. Nothing else.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Antares posted:

the message will be 'we're not those guys'. add in census redistricting and you've got a winning combination.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ditocoaf posted:

I hereby give up trying to think strategically about politics

This must never happen again.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So who will be that new judge to fill the spot they've been bitching about this last half year?

Chris Christie?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

what i actually hope the dnc learns is what the gop learned in 2012: pragmatism is boring and nobody wants to vote for it.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

BigglesSWE posted:

So who will be that new judge to fill the spot they've been bitching about this last half year?

Chris Christie?

Roy Moore?

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

All right, time to get to work

*pulls out death note*

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

All right, time to get to work

*pulls out death note*

Where the gently caress have you been? There's a whole ton of poo poo piling up. Get 'im done.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Ragnar34 posted:

with generic centre-right republicans this generally entails some sort of halfassed voucher system

with Trump/Death Jesus administration, who knows. presumably something involving ethnic cleansing

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm gonna white guysplain away the affected groups (too many to keep listing) who will be hosed for a second:

Yeah the loser here, as pointed out above, was the monied interests. For that we get orange hitler.

i'm not sure what you're on about, but if the dems chase republican coattails on racism and xenophobia, they deserve to lose fullstop

them sucking up to monied interests like republicans already lost them this election

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the dumbest decision title belt from rainy fascist island guys, it was getting heavy.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

BigglesSWE posted:

Where the gently caress have you been? There's a whole ton of poo poo piling up. Get 'im done.

Yeah well I was waiting for the most spectacular moment

Donald Trump better watch out for a grand piano falling out of the sky on Jan 20th is all I'm saying

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yeah well I was waiting for the most spectacular moment

Donald Trump better watch out for a grand piano falling out of the sky on Jan 20th is all I'm saying

Make sure it's a Mexican manufacturer. Gotta get that ironic twist, yo.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Pollyanna posted:

No, the left's just going to cannibalize itself and the Republicans are going to march onward for longer than they should.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006
Just so all of you remember this moment as the next few years unfold.
Twitter trolling and comment shitposting is now legitimized.

Rape and sexual assault already were enjoying that status, anyone who thought otherwise was living in denial.

lol i do not want those women right now, they are hosed

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
How were we so wrong? Are we the real victims of epistemological closure?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Star Man posted:

No, the left's just going to cannibalize itself and the Republicans are going to march onward for longer than they should.

I just want somebody to tell me things will be okay. Failing that, what we can do to make them okay. But, if it's too early for this, I understand.

All I can do is hope, for now. But I am far from powerless, as are the rest of us. I'll do my part to make things better, to make us great, not just our country.

Progressivism hasn't lost yet. We can still keep things rolling. I just don't know how.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Pollyanna posted:

I just want somebody to tell me things will be okay. Failing that, what we can do to make them okay. But, if it's too early for this, I understand.

All I can do is hope, for now. But I am far from powerless, as are the rest of us. I'll do my part to make things better, to make us great, not just our country.

Progressivism hasn't lost yet. We can still keep things rolling. I just don't know how.

we have to rebuild. we need a DNC that doesn't play favorites during primaries for one

we need dems that understand that you can't win with fearmongering alone for two

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

Xibanya posted:

How were we so wrong? Are we the real victims of epistemological closure?

people loving love bullies

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

It means the poor die. Full stop. That's it. Nothing else.

When you try to defeat an extremist by adopting his extremism you come off as inauthentic, and alienate those who hate the extremist. So you lose, and should. Do any of us want the Dems waking from this thinking Islamaphobia is alright, or demonizing BLM is good? Or perhapse sexism is acceptable?

Pollyanna posted:

Organizing, turning out for mid terms, oh and the economy crashing partly as a result of GOP efforts and India, and China bringing down Australia and Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Global things that are now hosed:

- Paris Climate Agreement
- Sustainable Development Goals
- TTIP
- TPP
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- NATO (?)