Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Is the Trump thread gonna be reopened now, forever, to destroy the forum like the man will destroy the country?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i mean you're making real finlandward progress, but not quite there yet

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

VikingSkull posted:

prolly because without those rural people the country grinds to a halt and starves

how many city people can run a combine or drive a long haul truck? disenfranchise the rural poor at your own peril

Lol ah yes, those silent geniuses our farmers and drivers

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

like, i think denying the hate at this point is really just, not helpful. maybe you have to do it if you're a politician, i don't claim to know how politics works. but the hate is everywhere and it's real and it's not going to be bridged by civil discourse.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Now I know what it must have felt like for someone with basic decency in 1980. This really feels like Reagan 2.0 in a lot of respects.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

rear end cobra posted:

This is European-style populism making its awful way to the US, but because of your idiot non-parliamentary system it's magnified and you get Trump. Good thing there's still the filibuster.
https://twitter.com/mikeseb/status/796214422989631489
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/796214868680593408

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

navyjack posted:

“The personal, as everyone’s so loving fond of saying, is political. So if some idiot politician, some power player, tries to execute policies that harm you or those you care about, take it personally. Get angry. The Machinery of Justice will not serve you here – it is slow and cold, and it is theirs, hardware and soft-. Only the little people suffer at the hands of Justice; the creatures of power slide from under it with a wink and a grin. If you want justice, you will have to claw it from them. Make it personal. Do as much damage as you can. Get your message across. That way, you stand a better chance of being taken seriously next time. Of being considered dangerous. And make no mistake about this: being taken seriously, being considered dangerous marks the difference - the only difference in their eyes - between players and little people. Players they will make deals with. Little people they liquidate. And time and again they cream your liquidation, your displacement, your torture and brutal execution with the ultimate insult that it’s just business, it’s politics, it’s the way of the world, it’s a tough life and that it’s nothing personal. Well, gently caress them. Make it personal.”
― Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This wouldn't have happened if anyone gave a poo poo about women being sexually assaulted, you fucks. And those fucks include women. God drat gently caress any woman who voted for Trump straight to Hell.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Is the Trump thread gonna be reopened now, forever, to destroy the forum like the man will destroy the country?

last night i wished the trump thread would never close

why did i forget about the monkey paw emporium next door

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Since the US fell, I expect the rest of western europe will shortly fall to fascism, as well.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/796278362767585280

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fillibuster is dead btw

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Remember when Ann loving Coulter was right and we all laughed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfqVih7IFlI

I'm going to try and sleep now.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/JayCostTWS/status/796267621582860288
https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/796268219141066752

Neeksy posted:

Now I know what it must have felt like for someone with basic decency in 1980. This really feels like Reagan 2.0 in a lot of respects.
Trump's no Reagan

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

On the other hand it looks like it's class that trumps identity. Almost as if women are human beings with multivarious backgrounds and values, and not some monolithic hivemind.

Yeah, it's almost as if I personally have more in common with the 50 year old middle class man down the street than I do with Taylor Swift

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

eightpole posted:

This is the last time I listen to goons about politics

the hivemind was us

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

i loving hate america

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm having a hard time keeping from writing a spiteful message to my Stein voting brother. It would go something like "welp, Hillary isn't the president like you wanted. All I can hope for now is that things go the way you want with a complete realignment of the Dems. Its too bad decades of supreme court decisions had to be sacrificed for the small chance that might happen".

...maybe I shouldn't drink anymore tonight.

Stein blaming? For real?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

was this in a swing state because if it wasnt he is 0% at fault
No he wasn't but the point was that he expressed dozens of times to me that he did not want Hillary to be president, calling her a murderer and Wall Street lackey, then giving only a perfunctory condemnation of Trump. He also expressed accelerationist views to me many times though he stopped a few months ago, but I think just because he knew I didn't want to hear them anymore. Of the possible outcomes, this is the one he wanted the most, whether he recognizes it or not.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gyges posted:

Yeah, no. If you didn't work to get her elected you too are to blame for the rise of the Golden Orange. She hosed up more, but you don't get to be smug about how being pure would have saved us just because she screwed the pooch.

basically every leftwards person itt voted for hillary and told people that she was the best choice between her and trump

theres a breaking point where the fault for an emperor's collapse comes not from the buckling of their slaves' backs, but from the weight of the golden throne they are tasked to carry

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

Yinlock posted:

but can they quote the pokemon movie

I doubt it. John bel edwards is who ive been talking about and i guarantee he'll lose the primary if he runs because most democrats are unforgivably stupid and will go after him as a racist due to his accent.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pick posted:

This wouldn't have happened if anyone gave a poo poo about women being sexually assaulted, you fucks. And those fucks include women. God drat gently caress any woman who voted for Trump straight to Hell.

:agreed:

I honestly think that's what sickens me the most

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
If the lesson learned from this by Dems is to out-hate the other guys, we're in for a rough road till we get back in Govt.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

kaleedity posted:

so do you think they'll eliminate minimum wage?

ooh what about child labor laws?

Neo-feudalism is going to be weird, until they get rid of schools. Don't need to read to work a tablet.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

still 100% hoping our rulers figure out a way to circumvent democracy like they did in 2000

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

prolly because without those rural people the country grinds to a halt and starves

how many city people can run a combine or drive a long haul truck? disenfranchise the rural poor at your own peril

yeah and without doctors and lawyers the country also grinds to a halt and goes to poo poo. no section of the population should have their votes count more

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

we live in an 80s movie dystopia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYdpy9ShoVU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zas posted:

like, i think denying the hate at this point is really just, not helpful. maybe you have to do it if you're a politician, i don't claim to know how politics works. but the hate is everywhere and it's real and it's not going to be bridged by civil discourse.

if you give hate an inch of legitimacy it just snowballs completely out of control

i.e this election

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

PostNouveau posted:

Oh man remember when Trump said he sexually assaulted women and then a dozen women said he sexually assaulted them? That poo poo was crazy.

you think congress is going to impea lol I can't finish it

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theres a will theres moe posted:

Lol ah yes, those silent geniuses our farmers and drivers

they just outwitted the DNC so.......

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

America is that special place for women who vote Trump.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Turdfuzz posted:

i loving hate america

:( you told us not to :derp: so we didn't we went down with the Titanic, heads held high, watching in incomprehension at the water around our feet

Also, guys, I don't know how to tell you this. You might have a problem.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Night10194 posted:

So, what the hell do we do now?

Work for the future you want.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Without obamacare I'm going to go back to being crippled.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Shear Modulus posted:

still 100% hoping our rulers figure out a way to circumvent democracy like they did in 2000

No important races are close enough

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Montasque posted:

Remember when Ann loving Coulter was right and we all laughed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfqVih7IFlI

I'm going to try and sleep now.

Bill Maher Friday just became must watch

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I feel like I should be full of angry hate, but it's just sad, exhausted, disappointment.

And I get to listen to happy Trumpers all day tomorrow as they joyously talk to me about how great America is going to be. Really thinking about calling in.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Donald Trump was basically undefeatable and frankly we should count ourselves as lucky if he chooses to stop at the presidency. He took about a year and a half to become the leader of the free world. In a decade he could be indisputable world hegemon, and in a century a god.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
god everyone thinks I hate men, no one has any idea how much I hate a lot of women. god drat no one knows how much hate I carry for all but a few people. why else does a valley girl post on something awful. I'm a black-hearted oval office and I will never forgive any woman who voted for Trump as long as I live, for stepping on my loving tits you shitheads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

they just outwitted the DNC so.......

Geniuses Outwit DNC By Being Tricked Into Owning Themselves

• Locked thread