Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

my cousin got her green card two weeks ago. just real poo poo timing i guess, or real lucky tomimmn oh gently caress this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homework Explainer posted:

well no i mean it's really stupid and forgivable when the wounds are fresh, but in the cold light of day if you still have it you need to reevaluate

well, ok, there's 2 things at work,

1) how we should behave as well adjusted functional adults

2) how we actually behave as political actors on a mass scale

and it's the 2nd one that's interesting me right now.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

hopefully zizek is right and this is the beginning of the end

It's easier to imagine the end of the world than it is to imagine a simple change to the capitalist system.

still shaking

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

steve bannons gonna be in a position of power

lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nate silvers redemption and bloody victory over Sam Wang is the only good part of this.

well that and the end of the Clintons and hopefully all they represent

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
I only slept 2 hours yesterday but I can't get to sleep now at all.

god drat going to sleep and waking up for the first time after this is going to loving suck.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
What a thing to wake up to. :smithicide:

My phone was full of messages from the New York Times.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Jonny 290 posted:

we're getting a pence backed federal bathroom bill arent we

If that's the worst thing that comes out in the first hundred days we can all count ourselves lucky.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Louisgod posted:

The GOP brought their unwanted child to full term and it was a very powerful and strong boy

Very strong. Let me tell ya. This isn't coming from me.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kaleedity posted:

the potential for this is mind-boggling. All semblance of decorum could be trashed. In my 30 years I think 2000-2004 had republican cong+pres and some of Obama's term had democratic cong+pres with bluedogs. We got the patriot act, iraq, and the devastating bush tax cuts from bush and a pathetic, short-lived ACA from Obama. What're we going to get in this box of shitchocolates?

hope you like ground wars in syria/iran/libya

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the brexit is revoked but the trump presidency stays

another victory for the queen

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Humidora posted:

Can you still pick up bottles with your toes?

It's Marfans, the same condition that messes with my heart so yes.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/765509450597818368

please never link wonkette

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Neurolimal posted:

you do realize corbyn won his parties leadership vote by an even larger margin after all those commie smears

yeah once dems realize that hillary is dead and bernie, the Actual Most Liked Politician In The United States might run, he's probably gonna win now that he's no longer starting from nothing against a candidate the DNC is all-in on.

assuming he does tho. hes old.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yinlock posted:

ive managed to retreat back into glib irony alarmingly fast

i suspect this is a coping mechanism and i'll just start screaming FAG at baloogan in a couple months

heck, same

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kaleedity posted:

the potential for this is mind-boggling. All semblance of decorum could be trashed. In my 30 years I think 2000-2004 had republican cong+pres and some of Obama's term had democratic cong+pres with bluedogs. We got the patriot act, iraq, and the devastating bush tax cuts from bush and a pathetic, short-lived ACA from Obama. What're we going to get in this box of shitchocolates?

not as much as I think people fear, remember, the GOP is loving livid that Trump won, too

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
does anyone have links to every dem primary thread, i need to compile a list of correct posts to assert my position as nu-DnD's nostradumbus

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yinlock posted:

the brexit is revoked but the trump presidency stays

another victory for the queen

loving owned america

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm goddamn Jewish by birth. This is not going to be a good time for me.

I have 3 black, adopted siblings. They have interracial children. I have no idea if they'll be safe.

My father's muslim coworkers and friends have got to be terrified.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

Yes Hillary was not on that idea like a dog on chips.

jesus christ

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
I take it Trump has erased the word "rigging" from his vocabulary in the last few hours?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

yeah once dems realize that hillary is dead and bernie, the Actual Most Liked Politician In The United States might run, he's probably gonna win now that he's no longer starting from nothing against a candidate the DNC is all-in on.

assuming he does tho. hes old.

who needs winning elections when youve got cash money from donors

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Pick posted:

For the poor. The wealthy can always go abroad and always have, or we'll have the abortion cruises like Poland. Oh, but remember, poor women have apparently completely separate issues and therefore shouldn't team up with other women :)

You'll find proper compartmentalization can alleviate any amount of cognitive dissonance that might cause you severe mental anguish if you tried to resolve it logically. :yum:

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
welp.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
In the last week of the election we're rallying around a rumor that opponent candidate rapes children because we need this story to stick to win. No we aren't in full on meltdown status, our victory is inevitable!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

im sectetly glad im too old to be drafted

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

FourLeaf posted:

there's no way a woman could choose to vote trump, she's being manipulated by her evil husband! why don't you support my candidate????????

People who don't think the same things I do and espouse the same beliefs as me shouldn't be allowed to vote or speak!

I have no idea why we lost the election!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

not as much as I think people fear, remember, the GOP is loving livid that Trump won, too

trump is both stupid and a terrible puppet, there's no way he's staying long

of course that still leaves us with mike loving pence which is not an improvement, so hosed either way

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Pick posted:

For the poor. The wealthy can always go abroad and always have, or we'll have the abortion cruises like Poland. Oh, but remember, poor women have apparently completely separate issues and therefore shouldn't team up with other women :)

You're a loving idiot. You're always talking about what should happen as if that has any bearing on what actually will happen.

In my dream world I dearly wish all women would unite to vote together but I don't expect it to happen in reality.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Imagine going to sleep last night with Clinton still up in the East Coast battleground states early on and waking up to this. We're through the looking glass here, folks.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

nate silvers redemption and bloody victory over Sam Wang is the only good part of this.

well that and the end of the Clintons and hopefully all they represent

Lastgirl made a surreal meltdown post at me once just for saying Nate Silver is a nerd who acts in good faith.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

wonder if trump will pardon assange.

man assange made one hell of a gamble and it looks like it paid off

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

VikingSkull posted:

I know republicans have tea partiers and whatnot, but I've got a feeling after watching thorough Romney supporters go full Trump that authority works differently on that end.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Not a Step posted:

People who don't think the same things I do and espouse the same beliefs as me shouldn't be allowed to vote or speak!

I have no idea why we lost the election!

i dont think its a stretch to say that "women who voted for trump after knowing about all those rapes he did are kinda inexcusable"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tweet Me Balls posted:

You'll find proper compartmentalization can alleviate any amount of cognitive dissonance that might cause you severe mental anguish if you tried to resolve it logically. :yum:

It's still "It's the economy, stupid" only women don't realize that we'll only make economic headway as an actual contingent. Until then we're hangers-on in other class issues. And economic headway will likely follow respect, the wage gap is largely a function of subtle and pervasive attitudes, or at least ones that until recently weren't voiced all the loving time.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

wonder if trump will pardon assange.

man assange made one hell of a gamble and it looks like it paid off

same w/like, gulliani and christie and all those fucks lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

actually not just women, lets just expand that metric to everyone

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Yinlock posted:

trump is both stupid and a terrible puppet, there's no way he's staying long

of course that still leaves us with mike loving pence which is not an improvement, so hosed either way

look bro, pence at least is owned by the kochs and other gop puppetmasters enough that he likely wont blow up the entire world, which is more than i can say about trump, so id say thats a pretty big loving improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Really, at this point, who knows what the hell will happen.

• Locked thread