Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

People pretended to support Hillary and answered several polls in her favor, then voted Trump lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

honestly i'm just at this strange state where everything makes perfect sense and this was predictable

except the polls. seriously, what the gently caress happened with the polls??

Now is a good time to accept that we live in a deterministic universe, and should therefore resort to a politics rooted in material analysis. Like Marxism.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

lies, drat lies, statistics, and loving polls

jesus christ

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Zas posted:

the wounds are fresh now, but the hate for trump, his people, and what it all represents isn't going to go away. and of course it's been true in reverse too - we've continually mocked the right wing as being haters, but it's our turn now. and this is a growing phenomenon, and it's like, we've passed some kind of point of no return it feels like. maybe a while ago. i dunno. it's not just partisanship anymore.

Feels like the opposite of 2008, we traded places with the freepers. On the plus side it's 8 years later and we're all still here, maybe it'll happen again

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

Stop piling poo poo on top of poo poo

insulting chvrches in nite crew?

if the iks weren't drunk into oblivion you'd be struck down where you stand

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

Honestly, if we believe that Trump has lied to the white working class, that he won't be able to deliver on the MAGAing that he's promised them...why is the conclusion that Clinton should have just lied to them harder? Fact is, she likely wouldn't have been able to fix the issues that are leading to their downfall either, especially with an uncooperative House and Senate. Hindsight being what it is, we were hosed electorally either way, if Clinton won it would have been simply kicked down the road a bit.

because every candidate lies. the reality is that many voters know that what's being said is lies, but it makes them feel better about voting for that candidate because said candidate is saying with these lies "I know what bothers you. I know what you want. I know what will make you vote for me. I will try to do these things that will make you vote for me a second time later on. We both know that I will probably not succeed, but We both know that I know what You want."

Trump lied out his rear end but his voting base got the idea of what he knew they wanted, thats why they cheered at universal heatlhcare in the primaries despite a decade to the contrary. that's why they cheer when he twists the blade in Hillary's back by talking up her service to the country despite talking about locking her up. That's why Obama is leaving with amazing favorability numbers despite healthcare still being expensive, college still being expensive, and TPP on the horizon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Nonsense posted:

I really hope Triple Sulk only bet $100 and not more

i hope he bet bigly

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nonsense posted:

People pretended to support Hillary and answered several polls in her favor, then voted Trump lol

or they were not marked as likely voters

and then voted

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Now is a good time to accept that we live in a deterministic universe, and should therefore resort to a politics rooted in material analysis. Like Marxism.

loving poo poo the PRAISE LORD KEK thing is now for sure cemented. This is a prophecy coming to pass in real time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Dying segments of the economy made one last gasp for air and dragged everyone else down with them. wow thanks.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

WeAreTheRomans posted:

do not be angry

but like, why not

anger won

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

but seriously, the most likely explanation is that trump activated some portion of the huge segment of americans who are nonvoters and not measured in polls because they (correctly) think that neither party cares about their interests, but (incorrectly) decided trump did

guess what choice people make when they're given poo poo or poo poo?

they go with the new poo poo

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
The fact the Dems held almost no power from local branches up and were betting on the Presidency with a charisma-less Me Too candidate should have clued me in, but I"m a dumbass. So, eggs on my face, President-elect Trump. Please don't punish me by pouring molten gold on us Hillary voters from a giant cauldron shaped like your head!

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Bring back LF

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm worried about the health of poll-master schnorkles

did he fade from existence

did he even exist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

kaleedity posted:

when your choices are Republican and Diet Republican it's not entirely unreasonable to go with the genuine article

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pick posted:

Dying segments of the economy made one last gasp for air and dragged everyone else down with them. wow thanks.

probably because both candidates would still kill them, just, y'know, one had some spite attached.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

anime was right posted:

mr. brexit was right

PRESIDENT Brexit now.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nonsense posted:

So is that what 'virtue signalling' is?

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Yinlock posted:

i'm worried about the health of poll-master schnorkles

did he fade from existence

did he even exist

Oh duck directly off!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

kaleedity posted:

emails vs rape, tough choice

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I guess people voted for Deez Nuts after all, in a sense.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yinlock posted:

insulting chvrches in nite crew?

if the iks weren't drunk into oblivion you'd be struck down where you stand

chvrches was the opiate of the Nite Crew

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Why do I have to have a hangover and be in a world where Trump is President Elect???

Hair of the dog actually works? Confirm/deny would be appreciated

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone recently asked me how long after the apocalypse it would take me to eat a person and I said I'd "try to make it a year".

In this climate, I see no reason to adhere to such promises when promises are bullshit candyfloss, but I'll meet him halfway and will not eat him personally.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the goddamn monster vote why do we even let monsters vote pretty sure dracula is not a citzen

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Global Thermonuclear Reality TV! Killer numbers! You're fired!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Montasque posted:

So is that what 'virtue signalling' is?

if this was actually the primary reason obama wouldn't have outperformed the polls in both elections

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

probably because both candidates would still kill them, just, y'know, one had some spite attached.

god dammnit jack went down with the boat

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

u could say the same bout me

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the goddamn monster vote why do we even let monsters vote pretty sure dracula is not a citzen

monster energy gives me extra voting power

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Yinlock posted:

looking back this is really the only way it could have gone

but it was nice to believe it wasn't

disagree, but the polls really didn't help.

hard to know when you're heading way off course when your compass got replaced with a broken stopwatch

i still can't say i was anything but shocked by this aside from a constant sense of unhappy distress about the election, and my only recourse on maybe calling myself a non koolaid sampler is i started panicking a bit ahead of other posters and i don't think i denigrated nate silver(pbuh)

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Yinlock posted:

i dont think its a stretch to say that "women who voted for trump after knowing about all those rapes he did are kinda inexcusable"

People seemed fine with voting for noted rapist Bill Clinton and his enabler Hillary.

If you were anti-rape there really wasnt a great candidate for you this election.

lol

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

dont blame me i voted 4 kodos

lol i meant to quote this lmao

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Yinlock posted:

emails vs rape, tough choice

a milquetoast american might equate monica lewinsky with trump's sex poo poo. False equivalence? Yeah, solidly. It's a simple argument, though!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
get into home gardening, store some water, prepare for public utility interruptions

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/pzf/status/796249727453040641

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

chvrches was the opiate of the Nite Crew

nah they suck

TRUMP

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://twitter.com/MuseWendi/status/796281238524952576

quote:

so, looking at the numbers:
- hillary wld hv lost New Mexico were it not 4 gary johnson
-same w/Colorado
-same w/Minnesota
-same w/Nevada

Holy poo poo how do you gently caress up that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

I said somewhere:

"Trump is the big red shiny button that has the notice "DON'T PRESS" above it. It's the button all the experts, all the smart people, were telling you not to press. And you pressed it. Probably because people were telling you not to press it."

• Locked thread