Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Junior G-man posted:

Global things that are now hosed:

- Paris Climate Agreement
- Sustainable Development Goals
- TTIP
- TPP
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- NATO (?)

only centrist dems liked the TPP anyway

pity we're going to go into overdrive on destroying the environment now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Condiv posted:

it starts with cleaning up the DNC from top to bottom

At some point a house is too rotted out to rehab, and you just knock the fucker down and build something new on the land.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

So the big news is ofc that Trump has won and he has won pretty bigly. Remember when bigly was funny because lol the wacky tv man is running for office lets make jokes about him. let's treat him like a joke while giving him endless tv time and talking about how he's SO CRAZY that he wants to deport mexicans and stop gay marriage, aka the things the republican party wants their candidates to do. you loving idiots you did this

so anyway it turns out that democrats decided not to go with the populist Bernie Sanders, who was doing well with demographics that democrats often struggle to get into polling booths such as the youth and new voters and instead chose hillary clinton because they are idiots. you can believe it was race fixing if you like, or you can just believe that it was a stupid decision made fairly, that's up to you. but then even though literally every polling prediction company in america said hillary would win, donald trump won and the democrats lost and they lost heavily. sure dems had a few wins -- tammy duckworth took over a senate seat, for example -- but it's a far cry from the wave they needed to take the senate. with one scotus hole already extant and more likely on the way it's going to be a very different supreme court. trump has vowed to destroy roe v wade but there's plenty other civil rights contingent upon supreme court rulings and nothing else. For example, gay marriage in states with no gay marriage laws is solely a right because of a 5-4 decision in the Supreme Court. And of course scotus can overturn any law they want, too, as they did with much of the voting rights act and may do with the rest of it. but they will also make america great again. i guess? anyway have fun in november and stuff. welcome to the year 2000 bitches!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L9kJtAM4D0

Haha lol you got loving curbstompted care to comment op

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Condiv posted:

only centrist dems liked the TPP anyway

I'm not saying TTIP or TPP are great, but in terms of impacts on global diplomacy and the framework that keeps the world in its place ...

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Btw I would've voted for bernie over trump if that were an option so you dems go ahead and take that for what it's worth but you won't so lol

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
What about NAFTA? Trump went after it pretty hard during the campaign. Could a Trump led Republican Congress rescind on that trade agreement?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Schizotek posted:

Berniebros tank election, smugly gloat about how its everybody but their fault. Glad ya'll could crucify my future as part of your tantrum.
Turns out white people are garbage no matter their political affiliation.

Lmao it's already starting

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Junior G-man posted:

Global things that are now hosed:

- Paris Climate Agreement
- Sustainable Development Goals
- TTIP
- TPP
- Iran Nuclear Deal
- NATO (?)
The UN. US funding to it will be cut if not eliminated entirely. Trump isn't even going to pretend to care about any UN resolutions either. Maybe he'll appoint Bolton again.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Btw I would've voted for bernie over trump if that were an option so you dems go ahead and take that for what it's worth but you won't so lol

I really don't understand what the crossover appeal is between Bernie and Trump. How do you jump from the guy significantly to the left of every major presidential politician to the guy significantly to the right?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

AShamefulDisplay posted:

What about NAFTA? Trump went after it pretty hard during the campaign. Could a Trump led Republican Congress rescind on that trade agreement?

if anything good comes out of a trump presidency please let it be this

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

T.S. Smelliot posted:

There's probably a lot of people like you.

Cabbit posted:

I really don't understand what the crossover appeal is between Bernie and Trump. How do you jump from the guy significantly to the left of every major presidential politician to the guy significantly to the right?

A lot of people treated voting for Trump as a protest vote against established interests. The DNC was rotten, and the Republicans fielded the most boring bunch of candidates for their primary that they could find, with the exception of Trump, who at least promised to make the rest of the turds in the bowl squirm a little.

For a lot of people, I suspect it's an act of frustration rather than actual support.

John_A_Tallon fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 9, 2016

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Cabbit posted:

"Anti establishment". Nevermind that Sanders was pretty loving establishment himself.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

AShamefulDisplay posted:

"Anti establishment". Nevermind that Sanders was pretty loving establishment himself.

Yeah basically the vote was "do you think your life sucks because of ~elites~ y/n".

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Cabbit posted:

They're both 'outsiders'. That's it. Same reason people liked Ben Carson, and part of the reason they liked Obama when he first ran.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

AShamefulDisplay posted:

keep trying to drag down an actually good candidate so you feel better about your shameful one

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Oh has it begun?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

AShamefulDisplay posted:

But what does that even mean? The ways with which they differ from the rank and file vastly different. If you like Bernie because he's to the left and different than Clinton, well, it seems like Stein would be your natural second choice.

I can't fathom how anyone who supported nearly any of Bernie's positions wouldn't gag at the prospect of Trump's policies, and at the same time, it beggars belief that anyone could be a single issue voter on the issue of "Non-specific divergence from my stereotype of a politician".

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Cabbit posted:

A lot of people that were behind Bernie weren't actually pro-Bernie. They were just anti-Hillary no matter what.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

keep trying to drag down an actually good candidate so you feel better about your shameful one

Lol yeah Bernie was a better candidate than Clinton Imo. Doesn't change the fact that he was a Democrat in all but name. Keep thinking your candidate was a revolutionary.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cabbit posted:

it's populism you idiot

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Americans are loving retarded for voting Trump as president.

It has nothing to do with how bad Hillary supposedly is.

The electorate is just that stupid.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Lol yeah Bernie was a better candidate than Clinton Imo. Doesn't change the fact that he was a Democrat in all but name. Keep thinking your candidate was a revolutionary.

he may have been a democrat (in the traditional sense), but he wasn't an establishment one. the establishment dems are convinced that stirring speeches like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7w3Oey3xs

win votes

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Cabbit posted:

But what does that even mean? The ways with which they differ from the rank and file vastly different. If you like Bernie because he's to the left and different than Clinton, well, it seems like Stein would be your natural second choice.

I can't fathom how anyone who supported nearly any of Bernie's positions wouldn't gag at the prospect of Trump's policies, and at the same time, it beggars belief that anyone could be a single issue voter on the issue of "Non-specific divergence from my stereotype of a politician".

I absolutely agree. If you were a Bernie supporter during the primary and gave a single poo poo about his platform you should have voted Clinton. And then even if you couldn't hold your nose for her you should have voted Stein.

I'm also not completely convinced that the contingent of Bernie's supporters who went on to vote for trump in the general is a significant one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i can't see how the amazing slogan "if you oppose the transpacific partnership you are a stupid racist" did not catch on. gj hillary

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Haha lol you got loving curbstompted care to comment op

im pretty sure my comment of hillary and the dnc ruined everything was v clear

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

he may have been a democrat (in the traditional sense), but he wasn't an establishment one. the establishment dems are convinced that stirring speeches like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG7w3Oey3xs

win votes

What is even your definition of "establishment" at this point?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I honestly can't wait for the Berniebros to realize what a GOP AG is going to mean for their sweet legalized weed.

In a day of unpleasant things, this is my schadenfreude.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cabbit posted:

I think he's just trying to start a punch up between Bernie & Hillary supporters.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

corn in the bible posted:

what i actually hope the dnc learns is what the gop learned in 2012: pragmatism is boring and nobody wants to vote for it.

The real thing to learn is that boring is boring. Who wants to vote for Policy Nerd Grandma or Weird Uncle Bernie when you can vote for Psycho Donnie? After all, Donnie is perpetually exciting, and therefore in the media's eye 24-7, while Grandma and Uncle are always talking about things like student loan forgiveness and minimum wage. Yawn. And when they're not talking about that, they're talking about Donnie, which gives Donnie free publicity and nothing else. After all, Grandma and Uncle have respectable public personae, so if they do something even mildly bad- or are hinted to do something bad- it's scandalous and bad. But Psycho Donnie's a psycho! If he does something unspeakably horrible- well, that's fine! He's a psycho, psychos do bad things! Deal with it!

In other words, politics is reality TV now, and we brought a boring old lady to a Reality TV audition.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

AShamefulDisplay posted:

What is even your definition of "establishment" at this point?

an establishment dem is one who agrees with those in control of the democratic party (ie: the clintons)

this isn't hard to figure out

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

This whole thing of 'Berniebros' - isn't it just like 5 guys in a shed somewhere, and not an actually significant movement?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Pollyanna posted:

So, what now? Are we really gonna see the progress of the last 8 years undone? Is this really going to go as bad as we thought?

Oh child. Eight years? Try fifty.

The VRA is gone and shall never return in the lifetime of any poster here. Abortion shall be once again illegalized, Roe v. Wade overturned and it shall not return in poster lifetimes. Non-heterosexual marriage will be declared illegal and Obergefell v. Hodges will be overturned, and such rights will not be restored within poster lifetimes. People of Muslim descent shall be barred from entering the country, those here will be deported or killed in a Kristallnacht and they will likely not return in poster lifetimes. Obamacare and any form of non-private medicine at the federal level shall be abolished, and discussion of it shall not return in poster lifetimes. Trade war will be opened with China, Mexico and virtually every other nation on Earth, triggering a new Great Depression that will hopefully end before poster lifetimes, but we will need to survive the ensuing war which will likely be nuclear and which will be commanded on the American side by a thin-skinned small-handed man. Overturning Brown vs. Board of Education would be a taller order and would see actual pushback, but it's not entirely impossible and the current policies that destroy Black lives will continue and intensify, with no recourse in sight.

There are only a few minor exaggerations in there for effect. This is the century of darkness. A number of these things (Roe Wade, Obamacare, trade war) will happen on the first day of his presidency. The light has gone out across America and I do not believe I will live to see it re-lit, certainly not in the form it once was.

I want to hope, but I cannot find it. I do not know this country or "my people" any longer. If the majority of whites can vote for Trump, then I cannot actually understand their psychology, despite all rationalizations.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
look at all the smug drained from the usual suspects. look at the despair replacing it.

you deserve this.

i dont care what trump does next, he already gave me what i wanted.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

I honestly can't wait for the Berniebros to realize what a GOP AG is going to mean for their sweet legalized weed.

In a day of unpleasant things, this is my schadenfreude.

Na I'm pretty sure we keep our weed, and you still keep your salt.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Doctor Butts posted:

Americans are loving retarded for voting Trump as president.

It has nothing to do with how bad Hillary supposedly is.

The electorate is just that stupid.

They aren't stupid. They are angry at clueless elites who don't have their best interests in mind and in their anger they elected a wild card.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

an establishment dem is one who agrees with those in control of the democratic party (ie: the clintons)

this isn't hard to figure out

So Sanders is an established dem politician by that logic. The only things he regularly disagrees with dems on are guns and foreign policy. There are many dems who agree with him on those issues. Several of which were often derided in DnD as blue dogs.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Velkest posted:

look at all the smug drained from the usual suspects. look at the despair replacing it.

you deserve this.

i dont care what trump does next, he already gave me what i wanted.

*burns in nuclear hellfire*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Dmitri-9 posted:

They aren't stupid. They are angry at clueless elites who don't have their best interests in mind and in their anger they elected a wild card.

yep. clinton was the quintessential example of this. the leaked speeches already proved that she didn't have voters best interest in mind

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

SpaceDrake posted:

...This is the century of darkness. A number of these things (Roe Wade, Obamacare, trade war) will happen on the first day of his presidency. The light has gone out across America and I do not believe I will live to see it re-lit, certainly not in the form it once was.

I want to hope, but I cannot find it. I do not know this country or "my people" any longer. If the majority of whites can vote for Trump, then I cannot actually understand their psychology, despite all rationalizations.

It's actually very exciting. It's not often one gets to live through a superpower setting itself up for a civil war and possible dissolution of the union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BigglesSWE posted:

As long as that person isn't a woman, it's totally viable for anyone to become president.

As long as that person isn't an uncharismatic, elitist, ivory tower piece of garbage of a candidate

You chose a right-wing caricature of a spineless conceited liberal to run for president, you fuckers

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Nov 9, 2016

• Locked thread